PDA

View Full Version : If/When Ozzie is suspended, how will the White Sox react?

miker
06-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Sure, it's a hot button issue right now, but I think it is a legitimate question.

Lip Man 1
06-22-2006, 09:44 AM
According to the stories today in the newspapers Ozzie will not be suspended by either the White Sox or MLB.

Lip

miker
06-22-2006, 09:52 AM
According to the stories today in the newspapers Ozzie will not be suspended by either the White Sox or MLB.

Lip
I find it really interesting that even MLB is letting this one go.

Every sportswriter and sports radio host in the country must be licking their chops and shining up their soap box getting to ready to pontificate on this...

soxfan13
06-22-2006, 12:49 PM

Lip

But they did say he would probably get at least a game suspension for the beanball Tues nite

oeo
06-22-2006, 12:54 PM
I find it really interesting that even MLB is letting this one go.

Every sportswriter and sports radio host in the country must be licking their chops and shining up their soap box getting to ready to pontificate on this...

He shouldn't be suspended for it. And according to ESPN's poll last night, the majority of the nation agrees. The radio guys are just trying to keep this going, and quite frankly, I'm sick of it. I was sick of it at 11 am yesterday, about an hour after I even heard about it. It's already old, you've beaten it to the ground. Ozzie shouldn't have said the word, he knows he shouldn't have, and he apologized. You can move on now, and talk about how the Sox have scored 33 runs in their last 2 games, are on a 6 game winning streak, and could come within a half game of first place tonight. Enough is enough already.

gobears1987
06-22-2006, 01:07 PM

LipHe will probably be suspended a game. It won't be for his comments. It will be for the beaning. He honestly shouldn't be suspended, but MLB has really dumb rules.

peeonwrigley
06-22-2006, 01:16 PM
This isn't a poll option, but I'd like to see the Sox throw at opposing hitters first every once in a while. Put another team in position to be unable to retaliate.

I didn't used to think this way, but the way MLB treats things it is what you have to do.

fquaye149
06-22-2006, 01:21 PM
This isn't a poll option, but I'd like to see the Sox throw at opposing hitters first every once in a while. Put another team in position to be unable to retaliate.

I didn't used to think this way, but the way MLB treats things it is what you have to do.

Even so, it's bush.

Maybe, MAYBE if we're playing Texas again and Padilla's pitching you plunk someone in the first inning...but it's still stupid--what if your starter gets run?

I like the way Ozzie manages it--protect your players and don't go headhunting (unless you're Buehrle pitching to Hafner in '05:redneck)

gobears1987
06-22-2006, 01:41 PM
According to Levine, Ozzie is getting a 2 game suspension and Riske is getting 3 for the beanball game. Total BS

white sox bill
06-22-2006, 01:49 PM
Can't Oz manage sitting in clubhouse via cell phone?

gobears1987
06-22-2006, 01:52 PM
Can't Oz manage sitting in clubhouse via cell phone?he can, and I bet he will. I bet he will make tonight's lineup, but the card will have Raines' handwriting.

Baby Fisk
06-22-2006, 01:54 PM
He could put on a giant fake beard and sunglasses and sit in a corner of the dugout with his jacket zipped right up. Didn't Bobby Valentine do that once?

champagne030
06-22-2006, 01:59 PM
According to Levine, Ozzie is getting a 2 game suspension and Riske is getting 3 for the beanball game. Total BS

Levineline is correct about as often as his favorite team wins. Ozzie may be out 2 games, but it's a total guess by that jackass on AM1000.

CLR01
06-22-2006, 02:08 PM

I don't believe he is allowed to be in the clubhouse during the game.

slobes
06-22-2006, 02:09 PM
He could put on a giant fake beard and sunglasses and sit in a corner of the dugout with his jacket zipped right up. Didn't Bobby Valentine do that once?

Haha yeah I'd hafta say that was one of his funnier moments.

peeonwrigley
06-22-2006, 02:21 PM
I don't believe he is allowed to be in the clubhouse during the game.

Yeah, but there's still nothing to stop Ozzie from relaying messages from his home. Baseball more than any sport can be managed remotely. He won't be able to oversee all the little things (bunts, steals, etc) but can still dictate subs, warming up pitchers, etc.