- raised his slugging percentage nearly 90 points
- doubled his season home run total

Keep it up...

skottyj242
06-22-2006, 09:12 AM
It's about friggin time.

Tokes
06-22-2006, 09:15 AM
wait...how about Ross Gload coming off the bench? And Brian Anderson finally hitting some, Way to come around Brian...I am facing a guy who has him on his fantasy team. But yeah, Juan is doing great...the sox are doing great

itsnotrequired
06-22-2006, 09:25 AM
wait...how about Ross Gload coming off the bench? And Brian Anderson finally hitting some, Way to come around Brian...I am facing a guy who has him on his fantasy team. But yeah, Juan is doing great...the sox are doing great

No doubt. Gload is tearing it up considering what little playing time he gets. Anderson was getting there so hopefully his suspension won't cool him off. Ozuna still on fire as well.

Damn, this team looks unstoppable right now.:cool:

Minnie Me
06-22-2006, 09:45 AM
No doubt. Gload is tearing it up considering what little playing time he gets. Anderson was getting there so hopefully his suspension won't cool him off. Ozuna still on fire as well.

Damn, this team looks unstoppable right now.:cool:

We are JuggernautJuggernauthttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d5/Juggforever.png/250px-Juggforever.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Juggforever.png)

miker
06-22-2006, 10:01 AM
Talk about on fire!

- on a six game hitting streak, five of which were multi-hit games
- raised his average 30 points
- raised his slugging percentage nearly 90 points
- doubled his season home run total

Keep it up...
I knew the guy was streaky, but wow! Hopefully its a "two months off - four months on fire" kind of streak.

BadgerChisox
06-22-2006, 10:05 AM
The statistic that many people do not see with Juan Uribe is his clutchness. He always comes up with a need sacrifice fly, bunt to move a guy over, base hit and home run. Even while he was in his slump, I would still like to see him in an important situation. Go Uribe

batmanZoSo
06-22-2006, 10:31 AM
I like to think I had a lot do with this.

itsnotrequired
06-22-2006, 10:43 AM
I like to think I had a lot do with this.

Nah, I have to give the players most of the credit.

goon
06-22-2006, 10:46 AM
it's only a matter of time before cintron and mackowiak become our starting CF and SS.

I want Mags back
06-22-2006, 10:46 AM
watch him go 0-5 tonight because of this

HomeFish
06-22-2006, 10:48 AM
I kept telling you guys that Juan Uribe was going to be alright and return to his historic norm. This is a very special player.

soxfan13
06-22-2006, 11:31 AM
wasnt there a thread last week about getting rid of Uribe and moving crede to SS or something like that:rolleyes:

hawkjt
06-22-2006, 11:36 AM
Some credit needs to go to Greg Walker who convinced Juan to change his stance by opening it up and poof- juan takes off.

Juan is such a tank out there- when he hits 'em , he hurts'em. That was a bomb he hit last nite.

I wonder if Aaron Miles thought about being traded for Juan last nite as Juan continues to light up the cards. I think we can safely say that while Aaron is a good player, this is a very good trade by Kenny.

slobes
06-22-2006, 11:47 AM
With Juan and BA starting to heat up, our offense can be unstoppable (as we've shown these past two games). This is just like last year, when we had ly hitters from 1-9. Tuesday's game showed what the bottom of our lineup can do. With hitting like this, our bullpen turns into practically a non-issue.

Keep it up Juan!

batmanZoSo
06-22-2006, 11:50 AM
With Juan and BA starting to heat up, our offense can be unstoppable (as we've shown these past two games). This is just like last year, when we had ly hitters from 1-9. Tuesday's game showed what the bottom of our lineup can do. With hitting like this, our bullpen turns into practically a non-issue.

Keep it up Juan!

Agreed. That and Garland's starting to come around...this might be the time for pure dominance!

MadetoOrta
06-22-2006, 11:51 AM
After the catches he made in the 9th inning of Game 4 of the WS, it's hard to rip Juan.

Baby Fisk
06-22-2006, 11:53 AM
During Tuesday evening's massacre, there was an at-bat when Uribe came to the plate and he had a maniacal smile on his face. At that moment, I thought: "Oh damn, that's the look of a man who is LOCKED IN."

getonbckthr
06-22-2006, 11:53 AM
How ironic, Juan has been on fire since his wife gave birth. Maybe mentally he wasn't there earlier in the season.

Frater Perdurabo
06-22-2006, 12:48 PM
I knew the guy was streaky, but wow! Hopefully its a "two months off - four months on fire" kind of streak.

Agreed, indeed. Now, let's hope it spreads to the top of the lineup so Pods and Iguchi can get on base and/or move runners over for the thumpers to drive them home (as it has for the past few games).

As we have seen, when it's hot and humid at the Cell, the balls go flying. FWIW, I predict at least one concourse shot to both right and left this summer. Heck, we might see a "fan deck" lannding.