PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the Day 6/22

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-22-2006, 07:18 AM
This sums it up for me. Besides all the backlash now being leveled on Mariotti, we get this from the team captain. I love this team.

"Playing for Ozzie has been nothing but good for everybody in this clubhouse, including myself. Playing for Ozzie is a walk in the park."

"I'll tell you what, we're not going to trade him for anybody else. He's our manager, and there's a lot of people that have been brought in expected to win, that were supposed to be the right guy. That's one thing you can't say about Ozzie, that he can't take the heat. He's right in the middle of it all day, and he's got the ring to show you he can do it.''

LuvSox
06-22-2006, 07:25 AM
**** yeah!

tebman
06-22-2006, 09:43 AM
:thumbsup:

Tokes
06-22-2006, 10:32 AM
as long as the players like him and the fans like him, that's all that counts... guess Jerry and Kenny also should get along with him

spawn
06-22-2006, 10:36 AM
Personally, I like what Brian Anderson said:

"All I know is I don't know Jay Mariotti on a personal level, but I can pretty much bet 100 percent that this guy has never touched an athletic field in his life. And if it was, it was probably a recreational field in college. I don't know if what he says, there's any validity behind it."

ode to veeck
06-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Yeah Paulie! **** Moronatti!

Captian Ron
06-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Tru Dat!!!

hawkjt
06-22-2006, 12:58 PM
I think we have the right guy as captain. He is measured,but still forceful. Paulie is sought out by the media for a reason, he is an articulate spokesman for the team.

Thankfully he is not the only one with JD,Big Jim,Burls,and Joe all there to share the load with the media. This is a nice team.

WinOrDyeTrying
06-22-2006, 01:14 PM
I think we have the right guy as captain. He is measured,but still forceful. Paulie is sought out by the media for a reason, he is an articulate spokesman for the team.

Thankfully he is not the only one with JD,Big Jim,Burls,and Joe all there to share the load with the media. This is a nice team.

And he has come along way. I'm not knocking Paulie - I love the guy. But earlier in his career he came across as throwing his teammates under the bus. But he has develouped and has become a better player and spokes person.

gobears1987
06-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Wow, around the this time last year most of the posters here were saying Paulie was an idiot with foot in mouth syndrome.

Frater Perdurabo
06-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Wow, around the this time last year most of the posters here were saying Paulie was an idiot with foot in mouth syndrome.

Winning it all changes everything. :D:

fquaye149
06-22-2006, 01:29 PM

As long as he doesn't say "I don't know why Jerry Manuel can't get a managing job in the majors. He's the best manager I ever played for"
:redneck

jenn2080
06-22-2006, 01:50 PM
****in right! I wouldnt trade Ozzie EVER!

SBSoxFan
06-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Awesome quote. Where's it from?

JB98
06-22-2006, 06:42 PM

Not me. I'm a proud aPaulogist. PAULIE! PAULIE!

WSox8404
06-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Good for Paulie. Way to stick it to that assclown.

gobears1987
06-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Not me. I'm a proud aPaulogist. PAULIE! PAULIE!As was I last year. My posts prove it. I was someone who hated it when people called him GIDPK. It seems like people stopped that around October.

fquaye149
06-22-2006, 09:47 PM
As was I last year. My posts prove it. I was someone who hated it when people called him GIDPK. It seems like people stopped that around October.

Actually I think most of us stopped it once he stopped GROUNDING INTO DOUBLE PLAYS.

Kind of like how we stopped complaining about him putting his foot in his mouth when he stopped putting his foot in his mouth.

I'm not trying to be negative, because I love Paulie, especially as captain of our team, but let's not revise history here, fellas.

bobwsx
06-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Actually I think most of us stopped it once he stopped GROUNDING INTO DOUBLE PLAYS.

Kind of like how we stopped complaining about him putting his foot in his mouth when he stopped putting his foot in his mouth.

I'm not trying to be negative, because I love Paulie, especially as captain of our team, but let's not revise history here, fellas.:rolleyes:

rdwj
06-22-2006, 10:41 PM
My how times have changes. Remember all the Paulie hate around here last year?

fquaye149
06-23-2006, 05:18 PM
:rolleyes:

Oh you can feel free to roll your eyes, but that doesn't change the way things are. Paulie's always been a good leader (to hear many in the clubhouse tell it) and a great run producer but that doesn't change the fact that

a.) like ozzie, he often said some things that were considered pretty stupid by a number of members of this board, and a lot more notable posters than just myself took exception to quite a few of them: patbooyah, frater perdurabo, oh, and FWC and PHG to name a couple.

b.) he did have a habit of grounding into double plays (read: a habit of leading the league in gidp's) that he has improved dramatically to the tune of it not being an issue last year (i believe he finished near the middle of the pack)

These are facts, and to pretend that all us "Paulie haters" stopped JUST BECAUSE of the world series win is a little insulting.

The fact is, the things Paulie was doing that were "annoying" stopped happening. You can draw your own conclusions and I'm sure you will.

Go ahead, keep rolling your eyes, as if that means something.:?: