PDA

View Full Version : jay mariotti's- 2005 White Sox articles.

koz
06-22-2006, 01:34 AM
http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2005/10/jay_mariottis_y.html

How does he still stay employed in Chicago?

gobears1987
06-22-2006, 01:39 AM
I read Eric Zorn's collection of Mariotti quotes periodically. I actually bookmarked that link.

koz
06-22-2006, 01:51 AM
It's amazing how much he flip flop's with his views. He is truly a man without conviction. Does anyone have a bio on mariotti? I would love to do my own investigative reporting on this scumbag.

SOXfnNlansing
06-22-2006, 02:08 AM
when you read it all in 'season time' it really seems rediculous. Who reads his articles anyway? I posted a response saying "He Gone". I thought Hawk would get a kick out if it:bandance:

QCIASOXFAN
06-22-2006, 02:15 AM
Man those are some pretty big flip flops during the year. This is the first time I ever read any of his garbage. Anybody got the article that pissed Ozzie off so much or was it just a collaboration of all his pieces of ****.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-22-2006, 02:16 AM
At least Zorn admitted to eating Crow.

Rob190
06-22-2006, 04:01 AM
When I was living in Denver, he was a columnist in one of thier papers there. He was pretty much an idiot way back then too.

Tragg
06-22-2006, 09:13 AM
He also wrote that Sox scum article that was, at best, latently racist.

1951Campbell
06-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Hmmm:

April 23 --If someone in charge doesn't muzzle Ozzie Guillen with duct tape, inject him with a horse tranquilizer or simply order him to shut the [bleep] up -- his favorite expression, not mine -- the man is going to talk himself out of a job and shame the city and ballclub he represents. .... Guillen's penchant for bizarre, unnecessary controversy is rising at the same approximate rate. ....Guillen is only confirming what his critics said: He's too nuts, off the wall and out of control.

irish rover
06-22-2006, 10:37 AM
nobody talking about how he advocated someone throwing at AJ's head.

Flight #24
06-22-2006, 10:44 AM
My favorite set:

May 15 --(The Sox) have the sweetest rotation in the sport ....And while I'm not about to predict they'll be the first local team in 187 collective seasons to win a World Series, they are built to last deep into September.

15 days later:

May 30--You can't chip and dink out runs for 162 games and expect your starting pitchers to bail out the cause every time. ...Excuse me, but are those the Minnesota Twins only 3 1/2 games back now? Pardon me, but have the Sox sunk to ninth in the American League in runs scored after managing 17 in their last seven games?
June 7 -- I can safely say the Sox won't win a World Series as long as (Jerry Reinsdorf) owns them.

And again, a mere 14 days after the last comment:

June 21 -- I will state for the record today, on the bosom of Hawk Harrelson, that the Sox are crash-proof in this regular season. You may as well sit back and enjoy the next 31/2 months. They are not going to miss the playoffs. Hear me? The aren't choking. Got that?

:windsock: doesn't do it justice.

miker
06-22-2006, 10:45 AM
It's amazing how much he flip flop's with his views. He is truly a man without conviction. Does anyone have a bio on mariotti? I would love to do my own investigative reporting on this scumbag.
Hmmm, I see a career in politics for Mr. Moronotti...

Lyle Mouton
06-22-2006, 12:02 PM
new signature

Chicken Dinner
06-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Defense rests!

soxfan13
06-22-2006, 12:40 PM
http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news_columnists_ezorn/2005/10/jay_mariottis_y.html

He stays employed because with one quick glance, at just this room and there are 2 threads devoted to just him. Actually 4 if you count Ozzie slur and Ozzie slur2

FedEx227
06-22-2006, 01:01 PM
^Exactly, he stays employed because people talk about him. Anything positive, negative, bashing, claiming hes a moron, etc... is just free advertising for the Sun-Times. He does his job there.

Like another thread said, don't be mad at him, be mad at the Sun-Times editors and higher-ups that waver their journalistic integrity for some putrid shock-value and shotty journalism.

samram
06-22-2006, 01:03 PM
^Exactly, he stays employed because people talk about him. Anything positive, negative, bashing, claiming hes a moron, etc... is just free advertising for the Sun-Times. He does his job there.

Like another thread said, don't be mad at him, be mad at the Sun-Times editors and higher-ups that waver their journalistic integrity for some putrid shock-value and shotty journalism.

Yeah, I don't understand why people think a newspaper will fire a guy just because people disagree with him or don't like what he writes. They don't care as long as people read it.

thepaulbowski
06-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I don't understand why people think a newspaper will fire a guy just because people disagree with him or don't like what he writes. They don't care as long as people read it.

I don't read the Suntimes and he is one of the reasons why.

Take that Suntimes, you ain't getting my $8 a month! :cool:

Iwritecode
06-22-2006, 02:43 PM

He stay employed for the exact same reason Howard Stern is such a huge celebrity. Even the people that hate him still read his crap columns just to see what he'll say next.

When everyone starts ignoring him and what he says then he'll no longer have a job.

irish rover
06-25-2006, 03:18 PM
I remember Dahl said a couple of years ago that Jay was suppose to have been fired but was saved by his union

don't remember the specifics

Irishsox1
06-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Great Anti-Moronetti website:

www.jaythejoke.com (http://www.jaythejoke.com)