PDA

View Full Version : Quote Of The Day 6-21

Lip Man 1
06-21-2006, 11:39 PM
"All I know is I don't know Jay Mariotti on a personal level, but I can pretty much bet 100 percent that this guy has never touched an athletic field in his life, and if it was, it was probably a recreational field in college. I don't know if what he says, there's any validity behind it." -- Brian Anderson to Scott Merkin, whitesox.com

Lip

LuvSox
06-21-2006, 11:45 PM
"He's a ****ing weasel."

That sounds better.

chisoxmike
06-21-2006, 11:49 PM
I love the fact that they are finally not putting up with his bull**** that he spews out everyday.

Gavin
06-21-2006, 11:55 PM
Don't care. No excuse for being paid millions of dollars and still thinking you can go out to the press and say something completely ****ing stupid. God knows....

LuvSox
06-22-2006, 12:03 AM
Don't care. No excuse for being paid millions of dollars and still thinking you can go out to the press and say something completely ****ing stupid. God knows....

They both fit that bill.

tebman
06-22-2006, 12:08 AM
From the film "The Natural:"

Roy Hobbs: Did you ever play ball, Max?

Max Mercy: No, never have.

But I make it a little
more fun to watch, you see.

And after today, whether
you're a goat or a hero...

...you're gonna make me a great story.

See you around.

Mots09
06-22-2006, 07:51 AM
I posed a question similar to this a few months ago and everyone jumped on me about combining knowledge of the game w/ ever playing so you might as well start ripping BA.

Chez
06-22-2006, 08:14 AM
I posed a question similar to this a few months ago and everyone jumped on me about combining knowledge of the game w/ ever playing so you might as well start ripping BA.

True. Theo Epstein, by Brian's logic, was not qualified to serve as GM of the Red Sox etc.

StatHead21
06-22-2006, 01:58 PM
What Ozzie said doesn't nearly describe what Marriotti is.

RowanDye
06-22-2006, 02:17 PM
True. Theo Epstein, by Brian's logic, was not qualified to serve as GM of the Red Sox etc.

Not quite, it is the combination of stupid things he says and lack of baseball experience that makes Jay a moron. Theo Epstein was unproven, but obviously had enough GM skills to help build a championship team. It is only Jay's shameless critiques of anyone and everyone he can find that calls into question how his inexperience as an athlete hinders his ability to be a competent sportswriter.

fquaye149
06-22-2006, 02:32 PM

um. no. I think Brian's point is more that Moron rips basically everyone in Chicago mercilessly and unfairly, kind of a hypocritical thing to do for a lardass guy who could probably never keep a baseball cap or football helmet from sliding off his greased up hairpiece.

Mariotti can go **** himself. Has he ever had any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism? No. He's that Indians "fan" in the right field dugout, hoping to be the first to be right about misery so he can look back and tell everyone "i told you so."

:moron:
"wild thing, you make my butt stink"

kwolf68
06-22-2006, 02:33 PM
We should have all realized Moronotti was a no-talent hack with no understanding or respect for baseball after the AJ/Barrett flare-up.

ANYONE who would actually blame AJ for that incident simply doesn't know the game of baesball and should NOT allowed to ever write about the sport. Some people actually read what he writes and takes it as fact.

Mariotti is a hack and a loud-mouthed poser.