PDA

View Full Version : Why do we keep letting guys like mariotti win?

dagame2005
06-21-2006, 08:07 PM
All of this controversy has been started by this guy before. This is the same reporter who did nothing but write articles trying to chase Ditka out of town and then moan about how the Bears coaches should be more like Ditka. He complained incessantly about Jordan's gambling and his other exploits, but of course once Jordan was gone his articles wondered how Chicago could of let him go. He is doing the same thing with Ozzie now. Many people are up in arms about how open Ozzie speaks. I hope these aren't the same people who complain when Ozzie leaves the Sox because his is tired of putting up with this BS!

samram
06-21-2006, 08:12 PM
All of this controversy has been started by this guy before. This is the same reporter who did nothing but write articles trying to chase Ditka out of town and then moan about how the Bears coaches should be more like Ditka. He complained incessantly about Jordan's gambling and his other exploits, but of course once Jordan was gone his articles wondered how Chicago could of let him go. He is doing the same thing with Ozzie now. Many people are up in arms about how open Ozzie speaks. I hope these aren't the same people who complain when Ozzie leaves the Sox because his is tired of putting up with this BS!

I had no idea Mariotti wrote about any of that stuff, but he's still around because a lot of people read his dumb ****.

JorgeFabregas
06-21-2006, 08:15 PM
You've got it totally wrong. Ozzie gave Mariotti what he wants by exploding and saying something inappropriate. Mariotti is a professional irritant. The fans aren't giving Mariotti anything by calling a spade a spade and saying Ozzie was out of line.

Fenway
06-21-2006, 08:19 PM

He is doing what tabloid columnists have been doing for 80 years...he writes to make your blood boil ( or make you feel good if you agree ) He is doing nothing that Dick Young in the NY Daily News or Dave Egan in the Boston Record didn't do years ago. Howard Cosell brought it to television. Does he sell papers? Hollenger thinks so and as long as they feel that way he isn't going anywhere.

QCIASOXFAN
06-21-2006, 08:28 PM
All of this controversy has been started by this guy before. This is the same reporter who did nothing but write articles trying to chase Ditka out of town and then moan about how the Bears coaches should be more like Ditka. He complained incessantly about Jordan's gambling and his other exploits, but of course once Jordan was gone his articles wondered how Chicago could of let him go. He is doing the same thing with Ozzie now. Many people are up in arms about how open Ozzie speaks. I hope these aren't the same people who complain when Ozzie leaves the Sox because his is tired of putting up with this BS! Wow, hes been around for that long, I never knew about any of that other stuff. I just don't understand who likes him, he rips on like every sports team in Chicago.

dagame2005
06-21-2006, 08:28 PM
You're right, Ozzie did give Mariotti exactly what he wanted. I also think however, that we may be getting to the point where Ozzie and the Sox will give the press the "mandatory time" that is controlled by MLB, but other than that the press will be barred from the clubhouse. Ozzie is known to be an easy interview, from what I have heard and read, he give sometimes a half hour more than mandated. This may change because of this.

soxruleEP
06-21-2006, 08:33 PM
You're right, Ozzie did give Mariotti exactly what he wanted. I also think however, that we may be getting to the point where Ozzie and the Sox will give the press the "mandatory time" that is controlled by MLB, but other than that the press will be barred from the clubhouse. Ozzie is known to be an easy interview, from what I have heard and read, he give sometimes a half hour more than mandated. This may change because of this.

Not that a move like that will have any impact on the Moron; he never goes near the locker room or the post-game press conference.

RadioheadRocks
06-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Not that a move like that will have any impact on the Moron; he never goes near the locker room or the post-game press conference.

Exactly. Moronotti is basically the little boy who always gets his ass kicked in at school then taunts his tormentors once they're at least 50 yards away from him.

MarySwiss
06-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Wow, hes been around for that long, I never knew about any of that other stuff. I just don't understand who likes him, he rips on like every sports team in Chicago.

No one likes him. But as long as he generates controversy, he'll have a job in Chicago.

ilsox7
06-21-2006, 10:48 PM
No one likes him. But as long as he generates controversy, he'll have a job in Chicago.

Yep. That's his job description and Ozzie and Hawk play right into it. In fact, he probably gets a raise after all of this.

ondafarm
06-21-2006, 11:03 PM
What Mariotti is to sportswriters, AJ is to catchers.

ChiSoxLifer
06-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Ozzie's right. No one has heard of Mariotti nationally until he was called a derogatory term for someone who has no courage.

Lip Man 1
06-21-2006, 11:45 PM
After his comments about his employers on the radio today and echoed in Teddy Greenstein's column tonight at the Tribune web site, he may not be long for this area.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....s-home-utility (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-060621greenstein2,1,4147501.column?coll=cs-home-utility)

Lip

oeo
06-21-2006, 11:48 PM
Ozzie's right. No one has heard of Mariotti nationally until he was called a derogatory term for someone who has no courage.

He is on "Around the Horn", and I know people around the country can't stand the guy.

RadioheadRocks
06-21-2006, 11:54 PM
After his comments about his employers on the radio today and echoed in Teddy Greenstein's column tonight at the Tribune web site, he may not be long for this area.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....s-home-utility (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-060621greenstein2,1,4147501.column?coll=cs-home-utility)

Lip

As much as I'd like to believe that (and how much I'll rejoice when his sorry ass is booted out of town) unfortunately I'm thinking this whole fiasco is going to give Moronotti that much more staying power.

MrRoboto83
06-22-2006, 12:16 AM
It doesn't really bother me, i don't read his articles and could care less about what he is reporting. I also do not read the Sun-Times because he writes for them.

thomas35forever
06-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Somebody needed to fire back in Mariotti's face. I'm glad Ozzie was the one to do it. He got what he deserved. This should've happened after the Sox won the World Series, which happened after Mariotti labeled the Sox "chokejob theatre." Way to go Ozzie. Don't let any ******* reporters like Mariotti get to you.

TDog
06-22-2006, 12:43 AM

No. AJ does his job. I've talked to players and coaches whose biggest complaint about Mariotti is that he doesn't even do his own work. He uses comments given to other writers, sometimes out of context and sometimes off the record. Some columnists pick fights by exposing facts. But this guy is just a lousy excuse for a human being.

The fact that he hasn't been physically beaten by Sox fans only shows that there aren't any Sox fans out there. At least, that's what he might write.

SoxandtheCityTee
06-22-2006, 12:44 AM

Lip

I was surprised by this. You'd think he'd be riding high on all the pub today and instead he sounds like he's decided that the best defense against his own employer is a good offense. Pulling out some nonsense about a story during last year's World Series -- how is that relevant? Maybe someone at the ST actually mentioned to Jay the journalistic rule about not making yourself the story, and/or Jay is feeling the heat for refusing the polite invitation to meet with Sox management. The plot thickens.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-22-2006, 01:27 AM

Lip

That assumes the Sun Times has any standards. The Windsock has no worries on that end.

hawkjt
06-22-2006, 01:46 AM
Only marriotti could possibly write a column during a hometown world series sweep that would warrant censorship. Only he could come up with a negative column in those heady days. I know it is his stock in trade but doesn't make it good or worthy of anyone attention.

Hope the sox win the next 3-4 world series and drive him nuts.

SOXfnNlansing
06-22-2006, 02:10 AM
this will wind up in the **** house soon:rolleyes:

jenn2080
06-22-2006, 08:11 AM
You've got it totally wrong. Ozzie gave Mariotti what he wants by exploding and saying something inappropriate. Mariotti is a professional irritant. The fans aren't giving Mariotti anything by calling a spade a spade and saying Ozzie was out of line.

Agree. IT is hard to stay quiet when you have douche bags like Mariotti writing bull **** articles, but Ozzie gives him amo. If Ozzie just kept quiet which is asking alot maybe things would be different...?!?!? Jay basis his bull **** off of Ozzies outbursts.

RedHeadPaleHoser
06-22-2006, 08:24 AM
I was driving yesterday and threw on the Score just to hear what they were talking about, and the Moron was on at 10:30AM. He said basically the same things on the air as Greenstein covered in that article.

However, I've been channel surfing over the evening and this morning, and there's quite a bit more backlash for Mariotti's crying about the subject. Mike Golic made the comment that since Mariotti's not a beat reporter, he has a tendency to steal other's quotes and then has the audacity to question a player's ability. Golic said that is what peeves players; not the name calling, it's the accusations of lack of effort.

I find it amusing that everyone agrees(in general) that Ozzie was/is wrong for the use of the term. NOW, it's Mariotti's problem because all he does is stir up **** and he's being called on it. Nice work, Jay.

Beware the seeds you sow, for that harvest will eventually grow.

Steelrod
06-22-2006, 09:20 AM
The Times and their reporters are now rehashing the story and calling for those of alternative lifestyle demand a suspension and not buy tickets for the Sox. We should stand up and do the same.
If you think the Times and it's reporters are out of line, we should tell folks to stop buying the paper.
This is all about circulation and we should give them a dose of their own medicine. Maybe if the Times sees $$$ vanishing, they will not be so defensive of Mariotti!

jdm2662
06-22-2006, 09:43 AM
The Times and their reporters are now rehashing the story and calling for those of alternative lifestyle demand a suspension and not buy tickets for the Sox. We should stand up and do the same.
If you think the Times and it's reporters are out of line, we should tell folks to stop buying the paper.
This is all about circulation and we should give them a dose of their own medicine. Maybe if the Times sees $$$ vanishing, they will not be so defensive of Mariotti!

Cha ching, we have a winner. You just won $200 for that answer. You can take this, or take what is behind curtin #2...:D:

The only way to get rid of this moron is to ignore him. He is off AM1000 because his ratings sucked. It does not matter that he was impossible to work with. If he had ratings, he'd still be on the air. I feel so sorry for Mark Silverman. He had to put up with that piece of crap for so long.

miker
06-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Wrong...A.J. has talent!

Uncle_Patrick
06-22-2006, 11:09 AM
I found Jay Marriotti's first comment regarding the Sun-Times very telling:

"We're a rival of the Chicago Tribune and it's fair game to rip both teams,"

All the guy can do is "rip". That's his major concern.

rightsox
06-22-2006, 11:29 AM
The Powers That Be could always make an attendence-like ****house rule for any mention of The Columnist Who Must Not Be Named.

miker
06-22-2006, 11:34 AM
The Powers That Be could always make an attendence-like ****house rule for any mention of The Columnist Who Must Not Be Named.
First the Cubune, then Dark Clouds, now Moronotti...what will we be allowed to complain about?

rightsox
06-22-2006, 11:36 AM
First the Cubune, then Dark Clouds, now Moronotti...what will we be allowed to complain about?

The bullpen! Always the bullpen.

miker
06-22-2006, 11:41 AM
The bullpen! Always the bullpen.
:rolling: How true...

jenn2080
06-22-2006, 11:49 AM
:rolling: How true...

brian anderson?

MVP
06-22-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm going to agree with some of the earlier posts:

JUST DON'T BUY THE SUN-TIMES!!!!!!! -unless of course you really need toilet paper and there are no other brands of toliet paper available where you shop.

I propose making this part of the Universal Sox Fan Laws.

Cellview22
06-22-2006, 12:33 PM
If everyone ignored Mariotti and let him continue to portray the Sox organization in a totally negative light, or presumably get worse, it wouldn't be good for the Sox. Someone has to stop this guy from portraying the Sox as a trashy organization. A ton of people (casual fans) believe what they read in the paper and will believe what Mariotti has to say.

Dick Allen
06-22-2006, 01:34 PM
It's too bad Ozzie said anything. Jay Mariotti is irrelevant and shouldn't even be addressed.

PatK
06-22-2006, 01:38 PM
He is off AM1000 because his ratings sucked.

That and he had trouble reaching the microphone.

jdm2662
06-22-2006, 02:26 PM
That and he had trouble reaching the microphone.

That's perfect. The best way to hear him is not hear him at all...

buehrle4cy05
06-22-2006, 04:24 PM
I am going to say one thing on Jay Mariotti and be done with it.

Mariotti is the most pitiful excuse for a journalist I've ever seen. His thing about him writing a column and therefore he doesn't have to talk to the players is complete bull****. Yes, in a column you have a right to your opinion, but when you don't have the FACTS on your opinion, that's lazy writing. Because Mariottis doesn't go into the Sox clubhouse, how can he write about the team outside of their performance on the field? He can't. If I wrote one of my columns for my high school newspaper on dysfunction in the football locker room, I would get torn to shreds and probably kicked off the paper because I don't go into the football locker room. That's the first thing that pisses me off about Mariotti. Secondly, that lazy asshat steals quotes to use in his articles. What the **** IS THAT? You work for a major paper in a big city. Quotes shouldn't be hard to get!

And all Mariotti does is rip. Rip on the Sox when they're in the Series, rip on Jordan during his dominant years, rip on Ditka in the 80's. It's ok to rip on a team-WHEN IT'S DESERVED. It is NOT OK to rip on a team just to rip on the team to get people to read your column, which is what Mariotti is doing. Have a little bit of journalistic integrity, Jay. Of course, he probably doesn't know what either of those last 2 words mean.

I'm done.:angry::angry::angry:

Fenway
06-22-2006, 06:39 PM

Lip

Lip

We have been hearing for several months that Mariotti is heading to the Boston Globe to replace Bob Ryan who is retiring this year. I don't think it was an accident he named the Boston media in his column today.

jdm2662
06-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Lip

We have been hearing for several months that Mariotti is heading to the Boston Globe to replace Bob Ryan who is retiring this year. I don't think it was an accident he named the Boston media in his column today.

Good, you'd love him in Boston Fenway. You can have him. I will even help him move his stuff.

Fenway
06-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Good, you'd love him in Boston Fenway. You can have him. I will even help him move his stuff.

He wouldn't even be the worst windbag in town, he would fit right in.

MarySwiss
06-22-2006, 07:04 PM
Lip

Oh please, oh PLEEEEZZ, let it be true!

MrX
06-23-2006, 02:52 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-060622morrissey,1,3911834.column?coll=cs-home-utility

Morrissey calls the moron out for never going to a locker room

HotelWhiteSox
06-23-2006, 04:00 AM
Lip

Please let this be true! One douchebag replaces another!

Vernam
06-23-2006, 04:29 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-060622morrissey,1,3911834.column?coll=cs-home-utility

Morrissey calls the moron out for never going to a locker roomAwesome stuff from Morrisey. :thumbsup: Mariotti has few friends in the fraternity of sports writers. They know the guy is an embarrassment to the profession. Calling him the "first blogger" is quite a left-handed compliment. Not to mention an insult to bloggers . . .

Vernam

SoxFan78
06-23-2006, 10:23 AM
Lip

Let Mariotti pull that crap in Boston and see how they like it. It will be bad, if not worse over in Red Sox nation.

tebman
06-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Awesome stuff from Morrisey. :thumbsup: Mariotti has few friends in the fraternity of sports writers. They know the guy is an embarrassment to the profession. Calling him the "first blogger" is quite a left-handed compliment. Not to mention an insult to bloggers . . .

Vernam
Yeah, Morrissey nailed it. These guys are reporters who write opinion columns, and the expectation of someone receiving a handsome salary for being an opinion columnist is that the opinion is informed. The only way one becomes informed is to do the reporting, which means talking with the people you're writing about. Seems pretty clear to me.

Mariotti is nothing more than an bomb-thrower whose intent is get people to notice him. By extension, the logic goes, the Sun-Times will sell more papers. Just take a look at the "OZZIE BRUSHED BACK" headline that practically fills the front page of the Sun-Times today and you can see that the paper is milking this as best they can. It's all showbiz -- the only bad publicity is no publicity, etc.

The Tribune does this too, of course, but with a veneer of dignity. The editors there would have you believe that they are the grownups in town, and I suppose they are in that they absolutely dominate the local media climate. But even with their condescension and harrumphing, the Trib's editors know how to sell and milk a story to their advantage.

No one in or out of the press will miss Mariotti after he moves on. He'll fade away and be only occasionally remembered the same way you might remember a nasty boil that you once had -- every so often you think, "Man, that was awful! I'd forgotten about that. Thank God that's gone."

Fenway
06-23-2006, 11:49 AM
This quote by Ozzie will come back to bite him

"One thing I'm going to make clear is I apologize to the community, but to Jay, no chance."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/al/whitesox/2006-06-22-guillen-fined_x.htm

SBSoxFan
06-23-2006, 12:02 PM

Morrissey calls the moron out for never going to a locker room

I thought the article was weak tea. He had a chance to write something serious about journalistic integrity and failed. At least it's a start.

TornLabrum
06-23-2006, 12:03 PM
This quote by Ozzie will come back to bite him

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/al/whitesox/2006-06-22-guillen-fined_x.htm

Actually he said the right thing there. In Ozziespeak that means the only person he wanted to offend was Moronotti.

SBSoxFan
06-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Actually he said the right thing there. In Ozziespeak that means the only person he wanted to offend was Moronotti.

I agree completely. Ozzie made it perfectly clear that he has a problem with Mariotti. And that I have no problem with. :D:

LongLiveFisk
06-23-2006, 12:05 PM
He is doing what tabloid columnists have been doing for 80 years...he writes to make your blood boil ( or make you feel good if you agree ) He is doing nothing that Dick Young in the NY Daily News or Dave Egan in the Boston Record didn't do years ago. Howard Cosell brought it to television. Does he sell papers? Hollenger thinks so and as long as they feel that way he isn't going anywhere.

I agree and this is why I don't read his column to begin with. If others would do the same he would fade away.

tebman
06-23-2006, 01:01 PM
In light of all this, I thought you'd get a kick out of what Neil Steinberg (http://www.suntimes.com/output/steinberg/cst-nws-stein23.html) wrote in today's Sun-Times. Just reinforces the view that the *real* working press aren't fans of Mariotti either:

...the truly surprising thing about having White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen direct the term at my, umm, colleague Jay Mariotti is to realize that it can still be uttered sincerely by somebody above the age of 15.

But I think Guillen has done us a favor (he certainly has done Mariotti a favor, considering the universe of apt insults that he could have chosen).

TDog
06-23-2006, 02:34 PM
In light of all this, I thought you'd get a kick out of what Neil Steinberg (http://www.suntimes.com/output/steinberg/cst-nws-stein23.html) wrote in today's Sun-Times. Just reinforces the view that the *real* working press aren't fans of Mariotti either:

Ozzie brought on a flashback to junior high school for me, too.

IlliniSox
06-23-2006, 04:09 PM
I thought the article was weak tea. He had a chance to write something serious about journalistic integrity and failed. At least it's a start. My thought exactly, against the grain though.

kevin57
06-24-2006, 11:47 AM
I don't like the term Ozzie used against Mariotti. The "f" word should join the "n" word in not being used in a person's normal lexicon.

That said, I have no problem with Ozzie unloading against Mariotti. I totally disagree with many here who say that the best way to handle this a****** is to ignore him. Are these people the ones who would let the bully take their lunch money every day. You've got to put the bully in their place.

Morever, there ARE other ways to get Mariotti outta here besides not reading his columns. Pressure companies that advertize in the Cub Times sports section. Let them know that you will not do business with them so long as they advertize with the Cub Times. Even a hundred calls of that variety will yield results.

StockdaleForVeep
06-24-2006, 12:30 PM
People like windsock strive off controversey and being hated. Its his persona, its how shock jocks like mancow and stern got famous, by being hated by most people, you read\watch to see whats next to hate.

sbsox
06-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Mariotti's hypocrisy noted by another member of the press.
http://southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060622/ProSports02/606220451

MarySwiss
06-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Mariotti's hypocrisy noted by another member of the press.
http://southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060622/ProSports02/606220451

Again, seems like the media is more concerned with Ozzie's use of an inflammatory remark than with the target of said remark.

What does that tell you, windsock? Go Away.

SoxandtheCityTee
06-24-2006, 09:02 PM
There are those who will say that this whole post should be in deep pink, but I suspect that Mariotti is struggling, and failing, to find a way to be relevant in the post-World Series Parade world of Chicago sports.

He's been feuding with Reindorf for decades, but now people don't seem to hate JR, so that whole posture is boring and pointless.
The Cell is packed night after night with people seeing for themselves what a great place it is to watch baseball, so Mariotti's slurs about the park are exposed for the uninitiated who may previously have been influenced by them.
Slamming the surrounding neighborhoods won't work not only because more people now recognize it for what it is -- thinly-veiled pandering to racism and class snobbery -- but also because the area is improving rapidly; homebuyers are consumers, of newpapers and the things advertised in them.
Mariotti admits that no current player for the Sox has ever threatened him, but he still refuses to set foot in the park, not even to accept the invitations of the front office, of whom he presumably is not in fear, at least not in the physical sense. Even if he did go, what could he say about it now? He's hopelessly enmeshed in the story.
The correct course of action for the Sun-Times, from the journalistic ethics point of view, is to take Mariotti off the Sox, but if they do he'll whine about censorship. They can't like being in that position much.
Mariotti can't write about the Cubs every column anyway because there's nothing to say: the season is over. Cubs fans who are so bitterly jealous of the Sox that they will read spite-filled invective about them every day just isn't a big enough readership, either.Already the national media is starting to pick up on the tales told by their contacts in Chicago, almost all of whom despise Mariotti. As the Sox roll on to this year's postseason Mariotti will face a dilemma: he can calm down, stop fomenting controversy and try to cover the team objectively, or he can stay on the attack and risk becoming not only irrelevant but a national joke. I think he's constitutionally incapable of the former, and the latter may screw up his TV gigs or chances of getting a job elsewhere, so it will be interesting. I won't find out what he does by reading him, though -- I never do. But we'll see.

The only thing that can ruin the fun is if Kenny and JR cannot prevail on Ozzie to check himself just a bit in his contacts with the media. If Ozzie cannot rein it in then it may be possible for Mariotti to continue to play to a coalition of Ozzie-haters, which would be very sad. If cooler heads can prevail, Ozzie and all of us may be able to sing Na-Na Hey Hey as Jay leaves town. Someday.

tebman
06-24-2006, 09:38 PM
There are those who will say that this whole post should be in deep pink, but I suspect that Mariotti is struggling, and failing, to find a way to be relevant in the post-World Series Parade world of Chicago sports.

He's been feuding with Reindorf for decades, but now people don't seem to hate JR, so that whole posture is boring and pointless.
The Cell is packed night after night with people seeing for themselves what a great place it is to watch baseball, so Mariotti's slurs about the park are exposed for the uninitiated who may previously have been influenced by them.
Slamming the surrounding neighborhoods won't work not only because more people now recognize it for what it is -- thinly-veiled pandering to racism and class snobbery -- but also because the area is improving rapidly; homebuyers are consumers, of newpapers and the things advertised in them.
Mariotti admits that no current player for the Sox has ever threatened him, but he still refuses to set foot in the park, not even to accept the invitations of the front office, of whom he presumably is not in fear, at least not in the physical sense. Even if he did go, what could he say about it now? He's hopelessly enmeshed in the story.
The correct course of action for the Sun-Times, from the journalistic ethics point of view, is to take Mariotti off the Sox, but if they do he'll whine about censorship. They can't like being in that position much.
Mariotti can't write about the Cubs every column anyway because there's nothing to say: the season is over. Cubs fans who are so bitterly jealous of the Sox that they will read spite-filled invective about them every day just isn't a big enough readership, either.Already the national media is starting to pick up on the tales told by their contacts in Chicago, almost all of whom despise Mariotti. As the Sox roll on to this year's postseason Mariotti will face a dilemma: he can calm down, stop fomenting controversy and try to cover the team objectively, or he can stay on the attack and risk becoming not only irrelevant but a national joke. I think he's constitutionally incapable of the former, and the latter may screw up his TV gigs or chances of getting a job elsewhere, so it will be interesting. I won't find out what he does by reading him, though -- I never do. But we'll see.

The only thing that can ruin the fun is if Kenny and JR cannot prevail on Ozzie to check himself just a bit in his contacts with the media. If Ozzie cannot rein it in then it may be possible for Mariotti to continue to play to a coalition of Ozzie-haters, which would be very sad. If cooler heads can prevail, Ozzie and all of us may be able to sing Na-Na Hey Hey as Jay leaves town. Someday.
:thumbsup: Excellent summary. The air is coming out of Mariotti's balloon and justice will be served.

Meanwhile on the South Side, the White Sox continue winning...

PKalltheway
06-25-2006, 02:43 AM
Mariotti admits that no current player for the Sox has ever threatened him
:canseco
It was me

MarySwiss
06-25-2006, 11:21 AM
Joseph A. Reaves's column in today's Arizona Republic chastises Ozzie, but he also has a thing or two to say about a certain columnist whose name he does not mention. :cool:

linky (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/columns/articles/0625bbinscolumn0625.html)

Brewski
06-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Joseph A. Reaves's column in today's Arizona Republic chastises Ozzie, but he also has a thing or two to say about a certain columnist whose name he does not mention. :cool:

linky (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/columns/articles/0625bbinscolumn0625.html)

Even handed, reasonable article. But wait till Ozzie gets back from sensitivity training and starts referring to Jay as "pediast" and "autoerotic troglodyte."

caulfield12
06-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Shouldn't it be SPAT on a toll machine?

(from the John Rocker thread-article, not sure how it ended up here)