PDA

View Full Version : Futures Game

salty99
06-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Josh Fields is on the United States team and Anderson Gomes is on the World team. Razor SHines is also a coach on the World team.

bigredrudy
06-21-2006, 05:55 PM
I think it is time for our scouts-maybe Randar for example to give us complete reports on our 2 representatives in the game. I am very interested in Anderson Gomes. My understanding is that Gomes in Japan never was a position player. I do know that he started poorly at WS but then was sent down to Kanny and is doing well. I think he might be a 5 tool player.

Randar68
06-21-2006, 06:10 PM
This is the report I wrote on Gomes after seeing him play while he was with Winston-Salem:

Gomes: You can see why the Sox are high on him. He has a CANNON of an arm. Sweeney/Anderson-quality, a legit RF-arm. He might lack some experience in the OF (for example had a gapper he should have caught but put his glove up about 5 strides early and slowed him down just enough to miss it), but he is fast, fluid, and overall a very good defender who had the opposition intimidated when it came to trying to trying to score from second on a single or trying to take an extra base. Hits his cut-off man, with accuracy and velocity, nice to see. He's better-built than given credit for and has very-good but not-great speed, although he has enough speed to be a good CF'er. At the plate he looks like he is really struggling right now. Came out of the gate on fire and looks like he can't right the ship just yet. Hit a few balls hard, but overall seemed to have trouble laying off and/or catching up to decent high-heat (maybe 92 - 94 mph) Seemed to kill a few big inning chances the Hogs had in both games. Still impressed overall despite his struggles at the plate.