PDA

View Full Version : Buhrle Comments

NUKE_CLEVELAND
02-08-2002, 06:19 PM
I just finished reading the front page article on the site & was more than a little disturbed. I can imagine having some childhood loyalties to the Cards, but come on now Mark don't you know better than to stir up trouble like that a few days before Spring Training starts? Guess he gets an "A" in (team) Chemistry this quarter.

AsInWreck
02-08-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
I just finished reading the front page article on the site & was more than a little disturbed. I can imagine having some childhood loyalties to the Cards, but come on now Mark don't you know better than to stir up trouble like that a few days before Spring Training starts? Guess he gets an "A" in (team) Chemistry this quarter.

Who give's a crap what Buerhle wants, anyway, he's stuck here for another 4 years, and by then the sox should have his arm blown out

doublem23
02-08-2002, 07:14 PM
Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket... I can't wait for Spring Training to start so everyone has something better to overreact about...

Buerhle ain't going nowhere, and if he does, I for one will lead the mob to lynch Kenny Williams.

bringbackrobin
02-08-2002, 07:14 PM
Also, I've always been a Buehrle fan, but I would be very, very suprised if he's as good this year as he was in 2001. He'll probably still be our best pitcher, but I doubt that he will compete for the ERA title. I'd love to be wrong, though.

mrwag
02-09-2002, 11:16 AM
Are we like cursed or something? I mean, any decent player we bring up wants to get outta town as soon as he's worth something. He'd better wathc his mouth and not get too cocky. He may end up with Sophomore-itis.

CerberusWG
02-09-2002, 12:24 PM
Actually, last year was his Sophomore year. I think he pitched the minimum amount of innings during the 2000 campaign. So, Junior-itis?

bc2k
02-09-2002, 11:17 PM
I really can't blame mark for wanting to go to his hometown team. If we were all major leaguers, we would want to be on the Sox. I would have a problem if he asked McPhail he'd love to join his team. If Buerhle does go, my torch is already lit for that mob.

harwar
02-10-2002, 10:09 AM
Mark isn't going anywhere,anytime soon.What really worries me is the amount of innings he threw last year.Hes' never thrown so many innings in one year.I know hes' young but i wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't nearly as effective as he was last year.