PDA

View Full Version : McCulloch signs

Britt Burns
06-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere-if I missed it I apologize-but the Sox came to terms with 1st round pick Kyle McCulloch today. His bonus wasn't announced, and he will report to Great Falls (probably for just a few tune up games before going to Kanny). I believe he was the first 1st rounder from the draft to sign.

whitesoxfan
06-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Yeah, he was in the booth with Hawk and DJ in the 3rd. Glad to hear that he's signed and will report to rookie ball only a few days after the season started :smile:

Britt Burns
06-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Just saw, his contract was for $1.05 million.

Fungo
06-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Didn't see this posted anywhere-if I missed it I apologize-but the Sox came to terms with 1st round pick Kyle McCulloch today. His bonus wasn't announced, and he will report to Great Falls (probably for just a few tune up games before going to Kanny). I believe he was the first 1st rounder from the draft to sign.The Braves first rounder Johnson signed the day after the draft. There have been a number of first rounders to sign as well. Good to have Kyle in camp though. I agree, he should move up quickly.

On another note...watching the College World Series, Miami/Oregon State, had a chance to see Miami's closer Chris Perez pitch. He was Baseball America's pick for the White Sox in the mock draft. His stuff looks very good, headed up by a mid-90's fastball, but I see a potential weight problem looming.

ChiSoxRowand
06-21-2006, 01:39 AM
The Braves first rounder Johnson signed the day after the draft. There have been a number of first rounders to sign as well. Good to have Kyle in camp though. I agree, he should move up quickly.

On another note...watching the College World Series, Miami/Oregon State, had a chance to see Miami's closer Chris Perez pitch. He was Baseball America's pick for the White Sox in the mock draft. His stuff looks very good, headed up by a mid-90's fastball, but I see a potential weight problem looming.

He's also a big time boozer. He was arrested earlier this season. I still think he would have been a nice pickup though.

DaleJRFan
06-21-2006, 12:37 PM
He's also a big time boozer. He was arrested earlier this season. I still think he would have been a nice pickup though.

Bobby Jenks got the same rap before coming to the Sox. Its amazing what discipline and coaching can do for someone who is willing to work towards success.

TDog
06-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Bobby Jenks got the same rap before coming to the Sox. Its amazing what discipline and coaching can do for someone who is willing to work towards success.

Failure and getting a second chance elsewhere combined with discipline and coaching also can do amazing things for people with unique talents.

soxfanreggie
06-21-2006, 10:37 PM
I thought the signing bonus alone was $1.05 million. It's a good amount of money for him and we aren't shelling out $3-5 million for a guy.