SOXfnNlansing
06-20-2006, 11:30 PM
20 runs... MERCY:bandance:

LuvSox
06-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Great to see Mr. Classy Sidney Ponson pitch tonight

Skates
I can't wait for this game to be brought up on PTI tomorrow!!!

whitesoxfan
These guys got nothin' on us.

What an unbelievable game for everyone on offense. I haven't seen an offensive explosion like that in a loooong time. Let's do the same thing tomorrow :wink:

Dan Mega
06-20-2006, 11:32 PM
20-2 sounds much better than 20-6. Oh well!

Don't ease up on St Louis. They're still pretty good.

Chisox003
No SSBD in the title eh? :(:

Oh well.

Sox win :gulp:

WOOP!!!

Lip Man 1
Because the game ran so long I was actually able to watch the final two innings here in Idaho. Most impressive performance by everyone on the Sox except Montero who sealed his Triple A fate tonight.

Sure wish the Tigers would co-operate.

Lip

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-20-2006, 11:33 PM
No SSBD in the title eh? :(:

Oh well.

Sox win :gulp:

WOOP!!!

SSBD?

Chisox003
SSBD?
Southside Beatdown

It's aight, I'll forgive you....this time

:redneck

DSpivack
20 runs and 20 games over. Sounds about right to me. :cool:

Kogs35
06-20-2006, 11:35 PM
20 runs was awesome. i wish they would made the extra point

oeo
Because the game ran so long I was actually able to watch the final two innings here in Idaho. Most impressive performance by everyone on the Sox except Montero who sealed his Triple A fate tonight.

Lip
I never thought I'd say this, but that performance by Montero makes me want Politte back right now. That guy is terrible, I don't think he's come in without guys nailing the ball everywhere.

Anyway, woohoo! 11-run third, amazing. Go get 'em again tomorrow.

CanBuehrleWait
Had to log in at work to comment on this one. What an ass kicking. Bye Bye Mr. Montero. Way to go offense.

oeo
06-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Did anyone notice that Uribe's batting stance looks different? I thought it did, and if it is different, it's definately working.

06-20-2006, 11:37 PM
Speechless

slobes
06-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Nothing needs to be said here.

Chicken Dinner
Did anyone see that chick with the world series trophy costume on? ***?

DickAllen72
Too bad Riske got thrown out of the game. We can't afford to lose an arm in the pen due to suspension. Much better to lose a starter for five games than a reliever.

It's also too bad that on a day we score 20 runs, we can't get at least seven innings from our starter. We used up a lot of our bullpen in a 20 - 6 route. :(:

The National League is garbage.

We should sweep this series. Too bad Detroit is probably gonna sweep the Brewers as well.

Anyway, great win.:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: GO SOX!!!:gulp:

Britt Burns
06-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Wow...can't say enough good things about the offense tonight, and it was good to see Riske proving his cred with his new teammates by protecting them. My guess is that Watson will try to 'make up' for the Tracey mess by gong hard after Riske and Ozzie. just a guess, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Go Sox! Let's do it again tomorrow!

LuvSox
06-20-2006, 11:39 PM
Nothing needs to be said here.

Then shut yer yap! :D:

What a game!!!

SummerteethPacer
06-20-2006, 11:41 PM
Did anyone see that chick with the world series trophy costume on? ***?

I thought it was cool. freaky but cool.
good to see Timo get a hit.

DickAllen72
06-20-2006, 11:41 PM
My guess is that Watson will try to 'make up' for the Tracey mess by gong hard after Riske and Ozzie. just a guess, but it wouldn't surprise me.

You're probably right. I've said it before and I'll say it again, MLB is a joke! :angry:

ilsox7
06-20-2006, 11:43 PM
After seeing Ponson again on the post-game show, he should get the same amount of games as Riske.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Great game all around except for the typical LaRussa no class Bush League garbage. I'll hate the bastard forever.

The bottom of the order continues to rake. Montero is ok for mop up duty - someone has got to do it - though I agree he better get better in a hurry.

Hopefully Buehrle will be able to pitch inside tomorrow without fear of ejection. I'm going to puke if Ozzie or Riske get suspended.

Did I mention LaRussa is, always was and always will be a ****ing Wanker. Give him the best team in the league and he'll find a way not only to **** it up but also to be a first class ******* in the process.

ilsox7
06-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Great game all around except for the typical LaRussa no class Bush League garbage. I'll hate the bastard forever.

The bottom of the order continues to rake. Montero is ok for mop up duty - someone has got to do it - though I agree he better get better in a hurry.

Hopefully Buehrle will be able to pitch inside tomorrow without fear of ejection. I'm going to puke if Ozzie or Riske get suspended.

Did I mention LaRussa is, always was and always will be a ****ing Wanker. Give him the best team in the league and he'll find a way not only to **** it up but also to be a first class ******* in the process.

Take a look at the replays. Tony was PISSED when Ponson when hunting. And you can clearly read his lips when he took Ponson out. Something to the affect of, "Don't pull that bull**** now." I don't think you can put this one on him.

DickAllen72
06-20-2006, 11:47 PM
After seeing Ponson again on the post-game show, he should get the same amount of games as Riske.

Bull****. Ponson drilled two guys high. Riske hit one guy and hit him in the ass. If Riske gets suspended, Ponson should get twice as many days.

What will happen though, is Ponson will get nothing because he was not warned before he hit anybody and he was not thrown out of the game. MLB is a joke.

oeo

But Ozzie will be looked at as the bad guy...like always. There are a lot of ******* managers out there (Showalter, Garner, La Russa), yet they never hear anything. Ozzie says something, and the media is all over him.

CubsfansareDRUNK
Did anyone notice that Uribe's batting stance looks different? I thought it did, and if it is different, it's definately working.

YES! Glad you mentioned this. I noticed it too. Whatever it is, it's working. His stance looks alot, well, better.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Take a look at the replays. Tony was PISSED when Ponson when hunting. And you can clearly read his lips when he took Ponson out. Something to the affect of, "Don't pull that bull**** now." I don't think you can put this one on him.

To tell you the truth I was listening on the radio so I'll take your word for it though this is Tony's MO. Farmer wasn't happy about the second HBP.

I'm with Dick Allen regarding the "warning" policy. There should be no warnings unless there is at least one HBP for each team and or there was a serious injury after a HBP.

The White Sox continue to get beaned and get almost the same discipline whether or not they even retaliate (i.e. Barrett incident).

Chicken Dinner
But Ozzie will be looked at as the bad guy...like always. There are a lot of ******* managers out there (Showalter, Garner, La Russa), yet they never hear anything. Ozzie says something, and the media is all over him.

The key here is "Ozzie says", they don't.

ilsox7
Bull****. Ponson drilled two guys high. Riske hit one guy and hit him in the ass. If Riske gets suspended, Ponson should get twice as many days.

What will happen though, is Ponson will get nothing because he was not warned before he hit anybody and he was not thrown out of the game. MLB is a joke.

I'm merely commenting on what will/should happen in the current state of MLB.

ilsox7
06-20-2006, 11:50 PM
To tell you the truth I was listening on the radio so I'll take your word for it though this is Tony's MO. Farmer wasn't happy about the second HBP.

I'm with Dick Allen regarding the "warning" policy. There should be no warnings unless there is at least one HBP for each team and or there was a serious injury after a HBP.

The White Sox continue to get beaned and get almost the same discipline whether or not they even retaliate (i.e. Barrett incident).

The warning policy and the general policy in MLB regarding HBP is a joke. But would you expect anything less from a league run by a clueless idiot?

peeonwrigley
06-20-2006, 11:51 PM
The warning policy and the general policy in MLB regarding HBP is a joke. But would you expect anything less from a league run by a clueless idiot?

This is why Ozzie went out and bitched at the umpires after warnings were issued. You could see him saying, (paraphrasing) "two of my guys get hit, and now you're gonna warn us!?!?!"

oeo
06-20-2006, 11:53 PM
The key here is "Ozzie says", they don't.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here...:?:

peeonwrigley
06-20-2006, 11:54 PM
I have no idea what you're trying to say here...:?:

Probably that Ozzie runs his mouth a little more than other managers.

oeo
06-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Probably that Ozzie runs his mouth a little more than other managers.
Ah. So "they" is other managers...I wasn't sure if he was talking about the media or what. True, but just because of that, Ozzie is viewed as a psycho. While these other *******s hit people, have a history of doing it, and no one talks about them. The media will just talk about how crazy Ozzie is, and that he needs to calm down. It's bull****.

isilzha
06-21-2006, 12:06 AM
I saw Ozzie said something like he believes that Ponson didn't hit his guys on purpose, just like he believes Riske didn't hit anyone on purpose. :D:

russ99
06-21-2006, 12:07 AM
This is why Ozzie went out and bitched at the umpires after warnings were issued. You could see him saying, (paraphrasing) "two of my guys get hit, and now you're gonna warn us!?!?!"

Ya know, this is the second time in a month that this happened. Something tells me Ozzie has good grounds for an appeal. The umps are singling out his team after his players get beaned, just cause Ozzie likes to speak his mind.

Then again, knowing the grade-A idiots in the league office, they may try to set an example of Ozzie.

ilsox7
06-21-2006, 12:12 AM
Ya know, this is the second time in a month that this happened. Something tells me Ozzie has good grounds for an appeal. The umps are singling out his team after his players get beaned, just cause Ozzie likes to speak his mind.

It's standard procedure now in MLB. It is not a conspiracy against the Sox.

HotelWhiteSox
06-21-2006, 12:13 AM
Didn't see the game yet because of school, but saw the highlights, and heard on the radio about the beanball stuff. I give credit to LaRussa, because when I saw him go to the mound, I saw him tell "That's bull****" to Ponson, he didn't look happy at what happened.

MLB ridicuolus rules screw us again though (running out of fingers for the number of times this has happened to us in the last couple years). Riske will probably get suspended, which sucks. Why does everything has to be standardized as if a computer system was being set up to call the game? This rule is basically saying that the umpires are idiots and that they can't use their own personal judgment to realize what the hell is going on on that field.

We already knew the NL sucked, but this just continues to prove it. Was one game, but we'll see the real disparity during the next couple of games with the AL's best vs the NL's best.

billyvsox
06-21-2006, 12:15 AM
I swear if were in the national league we would win at least 120 games.

Maybe the Mets are good but the entire rest of the league is mediocre at best.

The Dude
I dont know what to say...i didnt get to see the game and still think the box score is a misprint! Wow!!:o:

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

CHIsoxNation

I saw this. I pointed it out to my friend at the bar. It wasn't the slow leg kick he had last year but he looked more relaxed at the plate and seemed to be more patient. Like he knew what he was looking for and was waiting on it...instead of swinging at anything that came within 20 feet of him.

Chicken Dinner
I saw Ozzie said something like he believes that Ponson didn't hit his guys on purpose, just like he believes Riske didn't hit anyone on purpose. :D:

That's why it was Duncan. :roflmao:

HotelWhiteSox
06-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Sox scored more runs than KC had wins at the beginning of the day

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2006, 12:25 AM
What a friggen game to go to!!! I'll post more when my head gets back on, because I'm STILL befuddled as to what I just saw tonight!!!

TWENTY runs in ONE game??? :o:

This will probably be among the games I will be telling my grandchildren about!

Wow...just wow!!!

buehrle4cy05
06-21-2006, 12:32 AM
It was funny. I went with my friend who's leaving for West Point in 4 days, and I almost felt sorry for him as he's a Cardinals fan who doesn't get to see them play very often...but then I thought, 20 runs! HA! That's awesome!! It was good to see a laugher after my last game, the extra-inning win vs. Cleveland. And St. Louis calls themselves a first-place team???

oeo
06-21-2006, 12:37 AM
It was funny. I went with my friend who's leaving for West Point in 4 days, and I almost felt sorry for him as he's a Cardinals fan who doesn't get to see them play very often...but then I thought, 20 runs! HA! That's awesome!! It was good to see a laugher after my last game, the extra-inning win vs. Cleveland. And St. Louis calls themselves a first-place team???

It's only one game. I fully expect them to come out tomorrow and make it a good ballgame.

itsnotrequired
06-21-2006, 12:38 AM
I found this to be an enjoyable game. I clowned skottyj242's food order so he got us some beers instead. Holla at a drunken fool.

Sig update time...

ChetChat
06-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Great game. We put in a good game of scrabble (on one of my friends' phones) in between pitches. I didnt' win though, b/c I was paying too much attention to the game! YES! You can put it on the board! YES!:bandance: :bandance:

gobears1987
06-21-2006, 12:51 AM
20 runs was awesome. i wish they would made the extra pointWoot! Bears beat the Rams 20-6!!! Benson had 2 TDs and Gage got another, but they blocked the XP. The Rams got a TD, but Urlacher blocked the XP. I've never seen 2 blocked XPs in a game.

gobears1987
06-21-2006, 12:53 AM
It's also too bad that on a day we score 20 runs, we can't get at least seven innings from our starter. We used up a lot of our bullpen in a 20 - 6 route. :(:
I believe it was the long 6th that sealed Vazquez's fate. He had been sitting too long.

itsnotrequired
06-21-2006, 12:57 AM
I believe it was the long 6th that sealed Vazquez's fate. He had been sitting too long.

What fate? The fate of victory?

Frankfan4life
06-21-2006, 01:02 AM
This game was a classic! :supernana:

The Sox have got to do this again and soon.

Jjav829
06-21-2006, 01:03 AM
Woot! Bears beat the Rams 20-6!!! Benson had 2 TDs and Gage got another, but they blocked the XP. The Rams got a TD, but Urlacher blocked the XP. I've never seen 2 blocked XPs in a game.

Crap, I was hoping to be the first one to make the obligatory football reference. :(:

Grossman looked really good out there tonight. Good zip on his passes. :bandance:

Jjav829
06-21-2006, 01:05 AM

As ilsox said, this was clearly not on LaRussa. He was extremely pissed. I think he might have broken the bullpen phone out of anger after Ponson started hitting guys.

mrs. hendu
06-21-2006, 01:06 AM
I was at the game and pretty much out of breath in the 3rd inning. Wow, simply amazing. :bandance:

ilsox7
06-21-2006, 01:06 AM
As ilsox said, this was clearly not on LaRussa. He was extremely pissed. I think he might have broken the bullpen phone out of anger after Ponson started hitting guys.

Boy did Phil Rogers take Tony to task. Wow!

rwcescato
06-21-2006, 01:08 AM

Lip

lIP,
wHO CARES ABOUT THE TIGGERS. jUST LIKE WHOP CARES ABOUT THE flubs. We will win this division. If the tiggers can win 120 games then good for them. I will accept the WC.

whitesoxwilkes
06-21-2006, 01:09 AM
Great game. We put in a good game of scrabble (on one of my friends' phones) in between pitches. I didnt' win though, b/c I was paying too much attention to the game! YES! You can put it on the board! YES!:bandance: :bandance:
I am about 99.9% sure you were right behind me in the Will Call line tonight.

How many Scrabble points for V-A-Z-Q-U-E-Z?

gobears1987
06-21-2006, 01:12 AM
As ilsox said, this was clearly not on LaRussa. He was extremely pissed. I think he might have broken the bullpen phone out of anger after Ponson started hitting guys.Ozzie also said he believes Tony had nothing to do with it. I trust Ozzie, after all he calls out other managers when he thinks they are pulling crap.

gobears1987
06-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Boy did Phil Rogers take Tony to task. Wow!What did Rogers do?

BadBobbyJenks
06-21-2006, 01:15 AM
All Ive got to say is the look on all the 5 cardinal fans' faces i went to the game with during the 3rd was just amazing. I wont forget the stunned looks they all were sporting as we just kept rounding the bases....

Great Win, lets sweep these ****ers

ilsox7
06-21-2006, 01:15 AM
What did Rogers do?

Let's just say he makes it clear he is not a Tony LaRussa fan. You can read the article for free, so as not to line Tribune Corps' pockets.

TheOldRoman
06-21-2006, 01:24 AM
I am very angry about that, and I have been talking about it on here for a while. I think Coop needs to spend less time with Thornton and a lot more time with Vazquez. For all the potential he has, Vazquez has not improved one bit since he got here. He is throwing WAY too many pitches. There is no reason a starter should throw 100 pitches over 6 innings on a regular basis (he threw 97 today). This is the second time this year the Sox destroyed the opponent and Vazquez only went 6 because he threw too many pitches.

Now, before someone says "Javy is a strikeout pitcher, and strikeout pitchers throw a lot of pitches", let me remind you that Contreras is a K pitcher who regularly goes deep into games and doesn't throw all that many pitches. I don't know if Coop hasn't figured out how to change Vazquez yet, or if Javy just isn't listening. It is frustrating for me because I know that Vazquez has the potential to be one of the best in baseball.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to get that off my chest. I didn't want to be a dark cloud. It is good to have an offensive explosion now and then. Hopefully we saved more than a little for tomorrow. I would hate to see Riske and/or Ozzie get suspended for this bull****, but I think they will. The current system is a joke, and we will continue to get screwed as long as it continues. This is the second time this year we were challenged with the HBPs, and it certainly wont be the last. Ozzie getting a suspension will only encourage other managers to call for hits. We are only beginning to see this mess unfold.

thomas35forever
06-21-2006, 01:26 AM
Wow. Just wow. This'll prolly be our biggest offensive explosion of the year. A little trouble with Montero at the end, but what didn't go right for us tonight?

ilsox7
06-21-2006, 01:26 AM
I am very angry about that, and I have been talking about it on here for a while. I think Coop needs to spend less time with Thornton and a lot more time with Vazquez. For all the potential he has, Vazquez has not improved one bit since he got here. He is throwing WAY too many pitches. There is no reason a starter should throw 100 pitches over 6 innings on a regular basis (he threw 97 today). This is the second time this year the Sox destroyed the opponent and Vazquez only went 6 because he threw too many pitches.

Now, before someone says "Javy is a strikeout pitcher, and strikeout pitchers throw a lot of pitches", let me remind you that Contreras is a K pitcher who regularly goes deep into games and doesn't throw all that many pitches. I don't know if Coop hasn't figured out how to change Vazquez yet, or if Javy just isn't listening. It is frustrating for me because I know that Vazquez has the potential to be one of the best in baseball.

Sorry for the rant, I just had to get that off my chest. I didn't want to be a dark cloud. It is good to have an offensive explosion now and then. Hopefully we saved more than a little for tomorrow. I would hate to see Riske and/or Ozzie get suspended for this bull****, but I think they will. The current system is a joke, and we will continue to get screwed as long as it continues. This is the second time this year we were challenged with the HBPs, and it certainly wont be the last. Ozzie getting a suspension will only encourage other managers to call for hits. We are only beginning to see this mess unfold.

Changes do not happen over night. I am sure Coop spends plenty of time with Javy. But remember, it took a year before we saw results with Jose.

Viva Medias B's
06-21-2006, 01:29 AM
I was at the game and did not hear the broadcasts:

How did Rooney call the big innings we had?
How did Hawk react to Ponson's HBP's and the subsequent warning?Skimming through the gameday thread, I did not see any references to these (apologies if I missed them).

gobears1987
06-21-2006, 01:30 AM
Changes do not happen over night. I am sure Coop spends plenty of time with Javy. But remember, it took a year before we saw results with Jose.You are right, but wasn't Jose also tipping his pitches?

oeo
06-21-2006, 01:30 AM

You don't know how much time Coop is spending with anyone.

We were saying the same stuff about Contreras last year and look where he ended up by mid-August. This rant is premature.

What makes me angry is when a guy does not have a few good outings, people start freaking out. Just a week and a half ago, most of you were chalking up Vazquez as our #3 starter for the second half, with Garland last. And I can probably make a guarantee that most of you would switch the two back today. I'm not implying that's what you are doing, but it sort of seems like it.

I have noticed improvements...he didn't give up a big inning today. He can work out of jams with the best of them. If Javy is still throwing a lot of pitches early in September, then you can rant about it, but Coop's work doesn't just come in a few months, give it some time.

ilsox7
06-21-2006, 01:33 AM
You are right, but wasn't Jose also tipping his pitches?
I think at one point or another, it's been said that every Sox pitcher was tipping pitches. Jose has made a ton of changes with his arm angles and his general philosophy to pitching. It clicked in his head that his fastball is very good and if he uses it to get ahead in the count, then his forkball is devastating. Before, he'd use his forkball to try to get ahead, which lead to tons of walks.

Another thing folks should keep in mind is that on most night, Javy probably goes out there for the 7th with those 97 pitches. But with such a blowout, there was no need to waste him and it was appropriate to get the bullpen some work.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-21-2006, 01:33 AM
I found this to be an enjoyable game. I clowned skottyj242's food order so he got us some beers instead. Holla at a drunken fool.

Sig update time...

itsnotrequired's beer count per game is rising! :bandance:

ilsox7
06-21-2006, 01:35 AM
itsnotrequired's beer count per game is rising! :bandance:

:rolling:

IIRC, when I attended a game with him a few weeks back, he said he'd usually have maybe 1 or 2 beers at a ballgame. Since then, from my reading at WSI, he has gone on a bender of historic proportions!

SouthSide_HitMen
06-21-2006, 01:36 AM

Maybe he was upset his next reliever did not have enough time to warm up. :)

SouthSide_HitMen
06-21-2006, 01:37 AM

IIRC, when I attended a game with him a few weeks back, he said he'd usually have maybe 1 or 2 beers at a ballgame. Since then, from my reading at WSI, he has gone on a bender of historic proportions!

Peer pressure and Chips' relentless drive to win is the cause of these developments. :redneck

vegyrex
06-21-2006, 01:40 AM
Wow, what a game!! :bandance:

The Sox sure spanked the Cards but good. :D:

voodoochile
06-21-2006, 01:41 AM

I'm confused. He's had 52 beers in 35 games or roughly 1.5 beers per game. Now call me a nutcase, but that's dead on 1-2 beers per game...

TornLabrum
06-21-2006, 01:42 AM

When I heard it on the radio, laughed my arse off. When I saw the look of innocence when I saw it on TV I fell on the floor.

johnnyg83
06-21-2006, 01:42 AM
Contreras may be the best pitcher in the AL, which is the better of the two leagues. Give Coop a minute or two, Javier is still a geat #%.

johnnyg83
06-21-2006, 01:44 AM
Contreras may be the best pitcher in the AL, which is the better of the two leagues. Give Coop a minute or two, Javier is still a geat #5 pitchet.y'all kw what I mean?

ilsox7
06-21-2006, 01:44 AM
I'm confused. He's had 52 beers in 35 games or roughly 1.5 beers per game. Now call me a nutcase, but that's dead on 1-2 beers per game...

That number was a LOT lower (less than 1 per game I think so I was mistaken earlier) just a few weeks ago. Also, I am not sure it includes tailgate beers, which I hear flow in great numbers.

cheeses_h_rice
06-21-2006, 01:46 AM
Meh. After all the speculation that went on at Puffer's about what the postgame thread should be called, all we could come up is the cliched SSBD?

I like Chisoxmike's "Mulder, You Aren't in Oakland Anymore", Dumpjerry's "Bears Beat the Cardinals By 2 TDs" or Chisoxfanatic's "6/20 20-6" ideas much more.

Anyway, I'm up to 6-0 in person. It appears that my good luck streak is growing.

:gulp:

p.s. funniest part of the night was Chips getting shot down by the owner of Puffer's in sponsoring the WSI drinking team. The guy basically said, "So I haven't seen you around here before. It seems that you're just trying to find a way to get free drinks." *****.

MrX
06-21-2006, 01:49 AM
How did Hawk react to Ponson's HBP's and the subsequent warning?Skimming through the gameday thread, I did not see any references to these (apologies if I missed them).
Hawk was pretty mellow tonight.

DJ seemed the more surly of the two tonight. He kept going on and on about BA missing the cut-off man in the 1st inning until the the offensive explosion in the 3rd.

TheOldRoman
06-21-2006, 01:50 AM
What makes me angry is when a guy does not have a few good outings, people start freaking out. Just a week and a half ago, most of you were chalking up Vazquez as our #3 starter for the second half, with Garland last. And I can probably make a guarantee that most of you would switch the two back today. I'm not implying that's what you are doing, but it sort of seems like it.
I agree my rant is probably premature, but this is something I have been following closely. I have not "freaked out" because Vazquez had one of two bad outings. It concerns me that, even when he is on, Javy is throwing way too many pitches.
I forgot for a moment that is took Coop a whole year to fix Jose (Sox got him in July 04). It may very well take as long with Vazquez. It is a little frustrating that Thornton has progressed leaps and bounds since we got him (not done yet, though), while Vazquez hasn't adapted yet. Even is he is inconsistant, Javier is, at very worst, a mid-level starter. He will dominate some nights (even if only for 6 innings), and he will make you shake your head other nights. I can live with that out of our 5th starter. However, I am confident that he will eventually be a top of the rotation starter.

TornLabrum
06-21-2006, 01:50 AM
Great game tonight.

Before the game found the cart where they have corned beef sandwiches and had my first one of the year. (I ended up not having kosher dogs because I broke down and had chili dogs at lunch.)

Then I got to my seats and not long after words met Hendu and Mrs. Hendu who had the courage to say hi. Had a nice little conversation.

I sat behind some ladies in Cards attire. Poor things...they left after the 7th. Can't say I blame them.

Tonight was the first 20-run game at home for the Sox since they did it to the Senators in 1956. It featured the most runs I've ever seen in a game I attended (20), most runs scored in an inning in a game I attended (11), and most batters in an inning in a game I attended (16).

I may frame the scorecard pages....

DumpJerry
06-21-2006, 01:51 AM
Meh. After all the speculation that went on at Puffer's about what the postgame thread should be called, all we could come up is the cliched SSBD?

I like Chisoxmike's "Mulder, You Aren't in Oakland Anymore", Dumpjerry's "Bears Beat the Cardinals By 2 TDs" or Chisoxfanatic's "6/20 20-6" ideas much more.

Anyway, I'm up to 6-0 in person. It appears that my good luck streak is growing.

p.s. funniest part of the night was Chips getting shot down by the owner of Puffer's in sponsoring the WSI drinking team. The guy basically said, "So I haven't seen you around here before. It seems that you're just trying to find a way to get free drinks." *****.

Cheeses and I spent the last third of the game coming up with titles for the post-game thread, who the PTC would be (I voted Riske for best hit) and other sarcastic comments about what the Card fans were feeling ("I spent a ton of cash to get up here, hotel room and ticket for THIS???").

Bottom line: we need to get Cheeses to all remaining games this season, road and home!

StillMissOzzie
06-21-2006, 02:05 AM
Woot! Bears beat the Rams 20-6!!! Benson had 2 TDs and Gage got another, but they blocked the XP. The Rams got a TD, but Urlacher blocked the XP. I've never seen 2 blocked XPs in a game.

What game were you watching? The Cardinals (and there still IS a football team named the Cardinals) never got a SNIFF of the end zone that game!! Two lousy field goals is all they got!! Air tight defense at it's finest!!

SMO

HotelWhiteSox
06-21-2006, 02:09 AM
Chisoxfanatic's "6/20 20-6"

Now that is the clever

HotelWhiteSox
06-21-2006, 02:29 AM
With Gameday Audio, I FFed to that inning, just like as he'd call any other opponent, but I guess he knew a lot of background info on the Sox. Was very weird though

Also, good pregame interview with Mike Shannon and Buehrle. A lot of talking up about Ozzie, how he's like a friend, but you know that if you don't do what he says or aren't his type of player you'll be gone (specifically named Maggs and CLee, and said how different it was from Manuel). Also said he is seeing it as another start tomorrow since it's not in St. Louis but he'll see tomorrow when the game starts. His family has a suite and brother will be behind home plate. Jokingly said he'd have to deal with the Chicago media if he lost, saying he did it on purpose to the Cardinals. Said he loves the Cardinals, but still would really want to get the win

chisoxfanatic
06-21-2006, 02:40 AM
Now that is the clever

I must say I've been on my game all day! :D:

I must comment that, when I went to use the restroom in the 4th inning, I noticed three female Cardinals fans LEAVING the game! Yes, we were beating them so badly; but, that's the EARLIEST I've *ever* seen anyone leave!

CLR01
06-21-2006, 03:21 AM
Not only did the Sox beat the Cardinals on the field but the text message poll on the Cards broadcast asked which city was the better baseball town and Chicago beat out St. Louis. Total domination.:D:

Wsoxmike59
06-21-2006, 06:44 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/2006/06/21/QM8QMKdW.jpg

What a game to go to last night. Can Mrs. Wsoxmick pick 'em or what? The tickets were my Father's Day Present.

Unbelievable offensive explosion! In a very Ed Farmer like moment last night, during the big 11 run 3rd inning I called A.J.'s 3 run shot.

I had a group of Cardinal fans sitting in front of us last night and as A.J. strolled to the dish I yelled out , "C'mon Anthony John....send Mulder to the showers!" After he hit it the young Cardinals dude in front of me turned and nodded in agreement and as LaRussa came out to pull his pitcher, even he waved bye-bye to him.

Last night being the Pepsi Sox Pride Tuesday thing, the gal that was dressed up in gold as the World Series trophy won. My wife walked past her on her way in to the ballpark last night, saw the get up and told her...."and my husband thinks I"M OBSESSED!!"

When they showed her on the scoreboard throughout the game my wife turned to me and said...."she must be the trophy wife!" :D:

Anyway I digress. Good night at the ballpark. Mrs. Wsox ran her record to a perfect 9-0! I'm 9-1, the only loss being the ring ceremony game. But after that game I went to Grandstand and bought the old Southside Hitmen hat, which I've worn to every game since. I'm happy to report that the Hitmen hat is 9-0 on the season too!

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-1752976reg.jpg

Sox Record with Hitmen Cap and Mrs. Wsoxmick in attendance. 9-0! I lllluuuuuvvvv Wsox baseball.

P.S. Comcast Sports is replaying the game at 2:30 p.m. today CST. This game would be a fun one to tape and watch during the offseason when we're hungering for a little baseball.

wassagstdu
06-21-2006, 07:04 AM
Hawk and DJ said something about how somebody was going to have to soak up some innings for the Cards and it looked like it was going to be Ponson. Ponson must have gotten the same idea and decided to get tossed. I regained a little respect for Larussa when I saw his reaction, but I think it was because he knew it was Ponson's way of flipping him off.

How many times have we seen a blowout one day and a shutout the next? I've always thought that was because guys are looking at their own stats and feeling satisfied. What happens tonight will tell me a lot about this team. I will be very surprised if they take the night off.

Chips
06-21-2006, 07:25 AM
What an awesome game. Wow. I think we should do it again today.
:winner

Viva Medias B's
06-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Ponson must have gotten the same idea and decided to get tossed.

Ponson didn't get tossed; TLR removed him from the game.

jenn2080
06-21-2006, 08:03 AM
That game was out of control! GO SOX!

stl_sox_fan
06-21-2006, 08:30 AM
It is awfully quiet around the office here in St Louis this morning. Just smirking at everyone I see. Gonna be tarred and feathered by noon I think. Local radio stations are simply stunned today.
Hope they saved some runs for today.

:redface:

batmanZoSo
06-21-2006, 09:12 AM

I'm really sick of this. Some team hits us, then they hit us again. Then everyone gets warned. We respond like it's been done for 120 years, then we get a suspension. It seems like this has been going on for years. Teams can throw at us all day but we can't do anything about it.

MsSoxVixen22
06-21-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm really sick of this. Some team hits us, then they hit us again. Then everyone gets warned. We respond like it's been done for 120 years, then we get a suspension. It seems like this has been going on for years. Teams can throw at us all day but we can't do anything about it.

That's was pisses me off too! If we hit someone or Ozzie says or does something we're always the bad guys! But I think the Sox have show, they won't take no **** from anyone. This team is constantly under the microscope. That's OK-we'll shut them up when the Sox win the WS again!

salty99
06-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Time to win tonight and win another series. Hopefully the rain holds off and passes through quickly.

stl_sox_fan
06-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Wouldn't you know it? The only thing that could save the Cards tonight is mother nature!

Mod. Edit of copyrighted radar image. Exactly what about a copyright notice don't you understand? And it's right there at the top of the image? Take a week off to figure it out.

SoxFan78
06-21-2006, 10:09 AM
In the past week the White Sox hitters have been hit by pitches 4 times. White Sox pitchers have hit one batter in that same time frame.

Yeah MLB, the White Sox pitchers deserve to get suspended.

Ol' No. 2
06-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Personally, I hate games like last night's. It seems like after every blowout, the next game the Sox struggle to put 3 hits together.

LongLiveFisk
06-21-2006, 11:01 AM

Exactly. The instigators are protected. Not that I think Ponson was doing it purposely but come on, ump, at least let our guys protect each other. It's total b.s.

itsnotrequired
06-21-2006, 11:07 AM
That number was a LOT lower (less than 1 per game I think so I was mistaken earlier) just a few weeks ago. Also, I am not sure it includes tailgate beers, which I hear flow in great numbers.

Tailgate beers are not included, only what is purchased (or purchased for me) inside the park.

Last 10 games: 22 beers

Previous 10 games: 12 beers

The Drinking Team rages on...

robiwho
06-21-2006, 11:47 AM

We definitely need to get you to more games this season, cheeses!

I hope Timo enjoyed the three-person standing ovation that you, DumpJerry and I gave him...and that he didn't hear Chips! :cool:

slavko
06-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Is 11 a crooked number?

soxfanatlanta
06-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Personally, I hate games like last night's. It seems like after every blowout, the next game the Sox struggle to put 3 hits together.

The high runs/hits don't bother me much. The Cards did get some good momentum at the end of the game, and that might carry them into today.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_279824.jpg"I'll take care of that."

SBSoxFan
06-21-2006, 12:12 PM
Is 11 a crooked number?

http://www.congo-pages.org/ET/DIVE%20TIMOR/DTLimages/Clownfish/images/clownfish.jpg

"Now that's funny. And I know funny; I'm a clownfish!"

Shoeless_Jim
06-21-2006, 12:37 PM
wooooooooooo:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :) :bandance:

churlish
06-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Well, now since our Runs Scored is now significantly higher than our Runs Allowed, does this mean that Baseball Prospectus will crunch the numbers to show that our new Run Differential proves that the Sox are underachieving in relation to their actual win-loss record and our now on pace to win 105.5 games vs. the original 90?

cheeses_h_rice
06-21-2006, 01:41 PM
We definitely need to get you to more games this season, cheeses!

I hope Timo enjoyed the three-person standing ovation that you, DumpJerry and I gave him...and that he didn't hear Chips! :cool:

He probably did hear Chips...and then promptly knocked a single into the outfield.

ilsox7
06-21-2006, 01:50 PM
Tailgate beers are not included, only what is purchased (or purchased for me) inside the park.

Last 10 games: 22 beers

Previous 10 games: 12 beers

The Drinking Team rages on...

FYI, I am in the process of putting together a calorie tracker for you. Mostly b/c I am incredibly bored. :D:

viagracat
06-21-2006, 01:54 PM
A thread celebrating a 20-6 win over the Cardinals is the perfect one for my 1,000th post. :smile: :smile: :smile:

Deebs14
06-21-2006, 02:49 PM
http://www.moviemaze.de/galerie/stiller_ben02.jpg

"Whenever the Sox are down for putting up a 20 spot I say DO IT!"

SOXPHILE
06-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Wait......yep....the Sox just scored another run.

Soxfest
06-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Great win!

EastCoastSoxFan
06-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Belated quote of the day -- I can't find the exact quote, but in his post-game interview Mulder said something to the effect of, "...when you throw that kind of bull up there, you're going to get beaten..."
So gentlemanly...didn't even need a language filter...

robiwho
06-22-2006, 01:21 PM
He probably did hear Chips...and then promptly knocked a single into the outfield.

Just for spite! I love it!