PDA

View Full Version : Sammy got Robbed!

Konerkofan
02-08-2002, 02:01 PM
:) Sammy Sosa robbed at hotel

February 8, 2002 Chicago Cubs star Sammy Sosa was robbed of $20,000 at a Venezuelan hotel.

Sosa told authorities he and his brother had left the money on a desk in a Cracas hotel lobby. The brothers apparently forgot the bag when they left to eat at a hotel restaurant. By the time they went back to get the cash it was gone.
Sosa reportedly asked hotel management to review security tapes but personnel told him the cameras weren't working.

The robbery occurred after Sosa attended a Caribbean series baseball game.

Last Updated: Feb 8, 2002

FarWestChicago
02-08-2002, 02:02 PM
I scooped you late last night. Look at the Funniest Story of the Offseason thread. :smile:

foulkesfan11
02-08-2002, 02:10 PM
That's histarical!!! What was that idiot doing with $20,000 on him anyway. He deserves it. It just goes to show when you flaunt your money, you get what you deserve! He should stay where he belongs in the Dominican Republic and stop polluting our city with his arrogant blowing of kisses into the camera.

:whiner: SAMMY SUCKS!!!

Konerkofan
02-08-2002, 02:16 PM
I'm w/ you Foulkesfan!
*kisses his 2 fingers*
"I'm from the dominican republic, baseball has been so good to me"
bla bla bla
I think it's funny-- I'll have a beer to this one! :gulp: :gulp:

duke of dorwood
02-08-2002, 02:36 PM
:shammy

Hey Moises, I'm a little short this week ................

foulkesfan11
02-08-2002, 02:47 PM
He always has to be the top news story wherever he goes. He deserves everything he gets.

:gulp:

moochpuppy
02-08-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Konerkofan
:) Sammy Sosa robbed at hotel

February 8, 2002 Chicago Cubs star Sammy Sosa was robbed of $20,000 at a Venezuelan hotel.

Don't they make replica World Series trophys down there? Hmmmm......

"Listen gringo, I have a very big head.....I mean house with lots of mirrors....I mean fireplace mantles. I need more trophies!"

:sopranos
"Hey Sammy Soso, you're into us for alot more than that. You're lucky we haven't whacked you yet but you're making too much money for us right now staying with the Cubs and keeping them losers."

mrhootsbball1369
02-08-2002, 05:35 PM
what a dumb a** i hate him so much SSS (Sammy SOsa Sucks) How can anyone no matter how rich they are leave $ 20,000 on a table. I laugh at this, i can't wait to rub it in all the other srub funs at my school

NUKE_CLEVELAND
02-08-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
That's histarical!!! What was that idiot doing with $20,000 on him anyway. He deserves it. It just goes to show when you flaunt your money, you get what you deserve! He should stay where he belongs in the Dominican Republic and stop polluting our city with his arrogant blowing of kisses into the camera.

:whiner: SAMMY SUCKS!!!

Nah, hysterical would be Shammy getting caught at a gay bar with Jay Moronatti.

:moron "We still on for friday shammy?"

:shammy " I hope you're buying, I'm kinda light this week"

Daver
02-08-2002, 06:42 PM
I think this is a fair description of Sammy right now.http://users.pandora.be/p0p0/youare.swf

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-08-2002, 06:50 PM
I love it. In my screenroom, 95% pro SOX and 5% anti-cub I have a nice newspaper article with sammy looking nice and stupid with the headline "Stupid Is as Stupid Does" I will have to have a beer tonight and polish the frame it's in. I always leave 20 g's laying around. What's the big deal! HA!

doublem23
02-08-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by SoxRulecubsdrool
I love it. In my screenroom, 95% pro SOX and 5% anti-cub I have a nice newspaper article with sammy looking nice and stupid with the headline "Stupid Is as Stupid Does" I will have to have a beer tonight and polish the frame it's in. I always leave 20 g's laying around. What's the big deal! HA!

LOL! That's definately one of the better first posts I've seen in a while...

Welcome to WSI! :gulp:

Jerry_Manuel
02-08-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Welcome to WSI! :gulp:

Does West, know you've stolen his material? :smile:

doublem23
02-08-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Does West, know you've stolen his material? :smile:

http://www.s-line.de/homepages/thecoming/carl/carl_5.gif
Shhhhhuuuuuuuuuuttttt uuuuuuuuuupppppppppp.......

LOL :smile:

Viva Magglio
02-08-2002, 09:37 PM
:maggs
What was Sammy doing in my country?

chisoxfanatic
02-09-2002, 12:10 AM
Because it happened in our Magglio's country, here's what I think happened, but we'll keep it from the legal systems.

I can't seem to find my money!!!

:maggs
[under his breath] I know what happened to it, hehehehe! All I can say is that I'm $20,000 richer!

Heather the Redbird

CubKilla
02-09-2002, 03:12 AM
How many people (millionaire or otherwise) do you know walk around with $20,000 in cash and plan anything legitmate? If you ask me, Shammy got ripped off in the middle of something illegal and underhanded. You'll never hear that from the Chicago media.

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-09-2002, 10:02 AM
:gulp: Someone told him he could buy some brains! It wasn't Soso's fault.

cheeses_h_rice
02-09-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
How many people (millionaire or otherwise) do you know walk around with $20,000 in cash and plan anything legitmate? If you ask me, Shammy got ripped off in the middle of something illegal and underhanded. You'll never hear that from the Chicago media.

Who's being paranoid here? Sure, 20K is pretty extravagant, especially in a country like Venezuela, but I'm sure Sham-ME was handing out tips left and right to keep up his wonderful public image. Plus, if he was at a gambling establishment, 20K is completely normal for a big spender to blow through.