PDA

View Full Version : Giant Dilemma

ondafarm
06-20-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm going to the SF Giants game tonight with the VP of my company (also playing golf with him at 6:30 AM tomorrow.) I'm wondering about the appropriate ettiquette for addressing Barry Bonds should he be within shouting range. Box seats, infield reserve, pretty close up so it's not a moot point. VP is a Mets fan so I figure anything against Bonds is okay, even with all the Giants fans around.

Is Bonds a: a) bum
b) cheating bum
c) lousy, cheating bum
d) disgraceful, lousy, cheating bum

or
is this insulting to bums to compare them with Bonds? I mean, my brother-in-law is a bum (not the one going to Iraq or the anesthesiologist, but the other, other one. The not worked in five years because my sister pays for everything he needs and won't even go to a bloody job interview one. Now, he is a bum. . . . I digress.

So what is he, Barry, I mean?

soxfan13
06-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Silence

ilsox7
06-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Silence

Agreed. Unless this is a boss you regularly socialize with and consider a friend, meaning you go to games and hang out regularly. If that is not the case, you'll probably spend most of the game talking business and shouting anything will come off as inappropriate.

bennyw41
06-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Seriously, what would you accomplish by yelling at him? You think he'll have some kind of epiphany? Just enjoy the game.

soxinem1
06-20-2006, 03:09 PM
If there was an effective way to make the entire park silent, that would be the ultimate message...

Timmy D's
06-21-2006, 02:14 PM
I think you should go in full Mets face paint. Bring plenty of syringes to throw at Bonds as he walks past you on and off the field, and out drink everyone around you. Take the VP out for lap dances after the game, and over sleep the golf wake up call due to a blistering head ache.:gulp:

Seriously I would just not comment on the obvious. Perhaps by addressing it as a distraction from the game you love, Or something like that. Taking the high road always the smart choice, IMHO.:wink:

soxfan26
06-21-2006, 02:35 PM
If there was an effective way to make the entire park silent, that would be the ultimate message...

It would be priceless to see the look on that *******s face if the world just ignored him.

Tekijawa
06-21-2006, 02:57 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/photo/official_info/selig_bud.jpg
"If you're going to be so close, would you mind wearing this wire for us? Try talking to him, toward the end slip something in about how you use HGH and think it's great, then ask him if he's ever used it. Thanks and here's a coupon for a free small drink"

Frater Perdurabo
06-21-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm going to the SF Giants game tonight with the VP of my company (also playing golf with him at 6:30 AM tomorrow.) I'm wondering about the appropriate ettiquette for addressing Barry Bonds should he be within shouting range. Box seats, infield reserve, pretty close up so it's not a moot point. VP is a Mets fan so I figure anything against Bonds is okay, even with all the Giants fans around.

Is Bonds a: a) bum
b) cheating bum
c) lousy, cheating bum
d) disgraceful, lousy, cheating bum

or
is this insulting to bums to compare them with Bonds? I mean, my brother-in-law is a bum (not the one going to Iraq or the anesthesiologist, but the other, other one. The not worked in five years because my sister pays for everything he needs and won't even go to a bloody job interview one. Now, he is a bum. . . . I digress.

So what is he, Barry, I mean?

Yeah, but what if your VP has another top-secret unit reporting to him that's working on new performance-enhancing technologies? Would ripping on Bonds really be a good career move? The best policy would be to find out what your VP's opinion is, then kiss is butt and agree with him. Come to think of it, that's always the best policy.
:redneck :tongue:

ondafarm
06-21-2006, 03:47 PM
The best policy would be to find out what your VP's opinion is, then kiss is butt and agree with him. Come to think of it, that's always the best policy.
:redneck :tongue:

Man, I have an advanced degree in butt-kissing, how else do you think I whittled two masters degrees out of the University of Chicago (and I can find great Thai food.)

rdwj
06-21-2006, 03:52 PM
If he's close enough - try to pee on him

Frater Perdurabo
06-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Man, I have an advanced degree in butt-kissing, how else do you think I whittled two masters degrees out of the University of Chicago (and I can find great Thai food.)

Then I know you did the right thing!

Was it your first or second masters degree that you got in whittling? I guess the other one was in underwater basketweaving?

Mickster
06-21-2006, 04:37 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/photo/official_info/selig_bud.jpg
"If you're going to be so close, would you mind wearing this wire for us? Try talking to him, toward the end slip something in about how you use HGH and think it's great, then ask him if he's ever used it. Thanks and here's a coupon for a free small drink"

POTW! :roflmao:

Fuller_Schettman
06-21-2006, 04:54 PM
If I were you, I would not even waste my breath. I would however have gone to a t-shirt shop and had them make a black tee shirt with a GIANT ORANGE ASTERISK on the front and back. That would be the onl statement needed.

Have you been practicing your lob wedge? :wink:

ondafarm
06-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Have you been practicing your lob wedge? :wink:

I did lob my wedge plenty of times this morning.

ondafarm
06-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Then I know you did the right thing!

Was it your first or second masters degree that you got in whittling? I guess the other one was in underwater basketweaving?

The three things you must master to graduate with a masters degree from the University of Chicago: 1) Thucydides, History of the Pelopennesian War, 2)finding great Thai food and 3) kissing faculty butt. Not valid if you managed to push an unsuspecting faculty member into 'the faculty bushes' at 55th and Kenwood, that qualifies for an immediate matriculation.

ode to veeck
06-21-2006, 05:31 PM
The three things you must master to graduate with a masters degree from the University of Chicago: 1) Thucydides, History of the Pelopennesian War, 2)finding great Thai food and 3) kissing faculty butt. Not valid if you managed to push an unsuspecting faculty member into 'the faculty bushes' at 55th and Kenwood, that qualifies for an immediate matriculation.

Don't forget Herodotus (much better reading than Thucydides) or Durkheim as well and the required wrist curls at Jimmy's. Fortunately for you, Jimmy's had a better selection in recent years. In the old days, it was only Schlitz on tap.

ondafarm
06-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Don't forget Herodotus (much better reading than Thucydides) or Durkheim as well and the required wrist curls at Jimmy's. Fortunately for you, Jimmy's had a better selection in recent years. In the old days, it was only Schlitz on tap.

Well, if you really want to go Greek on me I'd add Xenophon's Anabasis and I preferred the Pub in Ida Noyes where the bartender was truly abusive.