PDA

View Full Version : Front Page Article...

rdivaldi
02-08-2002, 10:03 AM
I have a friend who works in television in Springfield, Illinois. He is from the St. Louis area and has contacts both in the Cardinals organization and among the St. Louis media. After seeing Buehrle’s remarks, I phoned him and asked if he could get some more background on what took place. This source told me, that his contacts told him, Buehrle made these comments with a "straight face". He wasn’t laughing or joking at the time... that he was indeed, serious.

Oh please, are some of you really that desperate to be negative? Mark isn't going anywhere. The entire incident was put to rest already, quit trying to dredge it back up.

CerberusWG
02-08-2002, 03:52 PM
I seriously think that Buehrle would want out. The writer brings up very good points. It seems that most athletes would LOVE to be pitching to their hometown club (see Dodgers closer who wants to ptich for Reds). We are also a 'second-rate' team in our twon thanks to the media driven scrubs. What we should do is to see if Buehrle is serious about going back to StL. If he is, we SHOULD deal him for what we can get, no point in getting a few more draft picks because he was picked up via FA.

Just our luck, our best player seems to want to get out of the town. Great.

rdivaldi
02-08-2002, 04:19 PM
Just our luck, our best player seems to want to get out of the town. Great.

I don't buy that at all.

Just because the kid might have jokingly made a response about coming back to play for his hometown team, doesn't mean he wants to be on the first plane out of Chicago.

It's all moot anyway, he can't even file for arbitration until 2004. He isn't going anywhere, and the chicken little routines are very tiresome.