PDA

View Full Version : Lucas Harrell in BA

ChiSoxRowand
06-20-2006, 01:27 AM
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/hotsheet/261754.html

HELIUM WATCH

Lucas Harrell, rhp, White Sox (High Class A Winston-Salem) Lucas Harrell, rhp, White Sox (High Class A Winston Salem) Fans of Missouri high school baseball will remember Harrell for handing Blake DeWitt his first high school loss in the state playoffs in 2004 when Harrell threw a complete game and homered off of DeWitt. Now, Harrell is making a name for himself as a pro.

A fourth-rounder in 2004 out of Ozark (Mo.) High, Harrell has allowed more then two earned runs only once all season and is now 6-1, 2.04 in 72 innings. His 54-32 strikeout-walk ratio is pedestrian, but he is inducing twice as many ground balls as fly balls and opponents are batting just .163 off of him.

I have been really impressed with Harell this year, got to love that ground ball-fly ball ratio. Cool blurb on how he gave Blake DeWitt his first loss too.

DaleJRFan
06-20-2006, 01:45 AM

Harrell has allowed more then two earned runs

Woah. Who is their editor? :rolleyes:

ChiSoxRowand
06-20-2006, 01:49 AM
Woah. Who is their editor? :rolleyes:

I subscribe to BA, and there are a bunch of grammar errors in every issue. I don't know why.

Britt Burns
06-20-2006, 01:48 PM

HELIUM WATCH

Lucas Harrell, rhp, White Sox (High Class A Winston-Salem) Lucas Harrell, rhp, White Sox (High Class A Winston Salem) Fans of Missouri high school baseball will remember Harrell for handing Blake DeWitt his first high school loss in the state playoffs in 2004 when Harrell threw a complete game and homered off of DeWitt. Now, Harrell is making a name for himself as a pro.

A fourth-rounder in 2004 out of Ozark (Mo.) High, Harrell has allowed more then two earned runs only once all season and is now 6-1, 2.04 in 72 innings. His 54-32 strikeout-walk ratio is pedestrian, but he is inducing twice as many ground balls as fly balls and opponents are batting just .163 off of him.

I have been really impressed with Harell this year, got to love that ground ball-fly ball ratio. Cool blurb on how he gave Blake DeWitt his first loss too.

I've always been intrigued by Harrell since we drafted him, although his K/IPs ratio is a concern...anyone know what he throws? He's a big guy, so I wouldn't think he is a soft tosser.

Randar68
06-20-2006, 03:02 PM
I've always been intrigued by Harrell since we drafted him, although his K/IPs ratio is a concern...anyone know what he throws? He's a big guy, so I wouldn't think he is a soft tosser.

He came in as a fastball/Curve/change, but despite his curve being a pretty good pitch, he left it up a lot. He's added a slider this year and the results in his GB"FB ratio are witness to its effectiveness.

Chisoxfn
06-21-2006, 11:07 PM
I subscribe to BA, and there are a bunch of grammar errors in every issue. I don't know why.
I'm sure its because the guys writing are more so scouts or baseball experts/analysts as opposed to writers.

rdivaldi
06-22-2006, 12:23 AM
On a related note, Lucas pitched another strong game tonight as W/S beat Frederick. He's now 7- 1 with an ERA of 1.85

His line: 6 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K