PDA

View Full Version : Hello Sox Fan..New Member..Awesomefan

awesomefan
02-08-2002, 03:15 AM
I usually post on SoxNet.net; but I would love to get to know somemore Die-Hard White Sox Fans.

This is the 3rd time I've tried to make a new post. The other 2 wouldn't go thru for some reason.

FarWestChicago has been trying to help me figure out what's wrong. Thanks Again FWC.

I just wanted to say hello & tell you all about my awesome time at my 8th Sox Fest last Saturday. It seems like there's a time limit to how long you can type on a post & I guess I took too long before...so I'll just try send a few shorter messages.......to be continued...............

awesomefan
02-08-2002, 03:31 AM
More of my Sox Fest story & Sox Story.......My favorite player used to be Herbert Perry, but it behooved Kenny Williams & White Management to get rid of the only White Sox 3rd baseman that hit over .300 since George Kell over 45 years ago...not to mention how CLUTCH My Hero Herbert Perry turned out to be.

Now my next favorite White Sox player will be another guy that "Get's No R-E-S-P-E-C-T".......TONY GRAFFANINO. I guess I just love those Hot Corner guys....I've been told.

Kelly Wunsch R-O-C-K-S!!!! And he did when he played Guitar & Sang with the Beatles Tribute Band "Twist & Shout" at the Sox Fest Family Party on Saturday night. Cool pix of this & other White Sox Hotties are posted on the Baseball Fever website....http://communities.msn.com/BaseballFever

The pix already posted are from HotSoxChick(Michelle). My pix aren't ready yet, but I'll post them somewhere soon & let you all know where to find them.

To be contineued again....................

awesomefan
02-08-2002, 03:37 AM
I forgot to tell you all.....I HATE KENNY WILLIAMS at this point.

Anyway....that's mainly because he got rid of Herbert Perry.

Despite all that, I have high hope for our Chicago White Sox this year.

Thanks to FarWestChicago for helping me try to figure out this new site.

I'll Be Back!!!!

Spiff
02-08-2002, 05:22 AM
Well I will say welcome in this thread; Welcome to WSI! :cool:

There are plenty of die-hards (and blow-hards) here but it is overall a good bunch of Sox fans.

I was sad to see Herbert go too but I guess they wanted to free up the spot for Crede (now if they will only play him!).

To see those pics I guess you have to join the Baseball Fever community.

RedPinStripes
02-08-2002, 06:52 AM
Hey awesome fan! Glad you made it here. Now we can razz Daver. :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
02-08-2002, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the board, Awesome. We're glad you're here. I remember meeting you at the WSI booth last weekend. I'm the nice gentleman who gave you West's email address to help fix all your message board problems.

How thoughtful of me. :D:

I thought the world of Herbert Perry, too. He definitely got screwed by the Sox last year. My operating philosophy is "Just Win". If it were up to me, Perry would have been given the everyday third base job until he clearly proved he couldn't handle it anymore. Perry got hurt, was never given another chance when healthy again, and team finished third.

"That just ain't right." :angry:

Iwritecode
02-08-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by awesomefan
It seems like there's a time limit to how long you can type on a post & I guess I took too long before...so I'll just try send a few shorter messages.......to be continued...............

There is a time limit before you automatically get logged out while typing a message but I thought it was like 15 minutes?

Anyway, if you have a long message or just take a long time typing it, just do what I do: open up Word (or any other word processing software of your choice...) and type the message there. Then come in here, log on, cut and paste. Voila! :smile:

doublem23
02-08-2002, 03:22 PM
Welcome to WSI! :gulp:

Cheryl
02-08-2002, 04:55 PM
Hey, Awesome? Did you used to hang out at the boards on the official Sox website?

AsInWreck
02-08-2002, 05:28 PM
I usually post on SoxNet.net; but I would love to get to know somemore Die-Hard White Sox Fans.

Whenever I try to access soxnet it starts load but never completes, i thought the site was down. Its been doing that for about a month now> Is the site still in operation?

SoxRulecubsdrool
02-08-2002, 10:17 PM
:gulp: SoxFest was a blast! Plenty of cold beer! Got loaded and bought a bunch of jerseys! What a day! :gulp:

JoeBatters
02-08-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck

Whenever I try to access soxnet it starts load but never completes, i thought the site was down. Its been doing that for about a month now> Is the site still in operation?

Yup. They were having server problems. Should work.

Nellie_Fox
02-09-2002, 02:13 AM
So are you calling yourself awesome (the most overused and misused word in current use)? If so, I guess the self esteem classes paid off.

RedPinStripes
02-09-2002, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
So are you calling yourself awesome (the most overused and misused word in current use)? If so, I guess the self esteem classes paid off.

C'mon Nellie. Awesome is ok. Layoff her. She's a good hard core sox fan. Don't have to pick at all the rookies. Although I enjoyed my initiation.
Many of brawls. :lol

Nellie_Fox
02-09-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
C'mon Nellie. Awesome is ok. Layoff her. She's a good hard core sox fan.
I'm not picking on anybody, I was just taken aback at someone naming themselves awesome.

RedPinStripes
02-09-2002, 02:42 AM
OK. Just looking out for my buddy on other sites. She finally came to the right one.

CubKilla
02-09-2002, 12:52 PM
YAY! WSI is THE BEST White Sox fan site out there.

sox_fan_forever
02-09-2002, 09:19 PM
Welcome to WSI, awesomefan! I mostly just lurk here on the boards but I love it here nonetheless! I'm sure you will too...

:)

awesomefan
02-10-2002, 01:32 PM
Cheryl: Yes I used to post alot more on White Sox MLB.com. Still do post once in awhile.

Most of my posts are over on SonNet.net, but I don't really post very much right now. It will probably pick up once baseball season starts......soon.

If you see awesomefan as a username somewhere, it should be me.

What username do/did you use on White Sox MLB.com?

awesomefan
02-10-2002, 01:55 PM
Nellie_Fox: My name is awesomefan..not awesome. Some people just call me awesome for short.

I use the name awesomefan because I consider myself a very big & die-hard fan of the Chicago White Sox.

RedPinStripes: Thanks for the good words for me.

Iguana775
02-10-2002, 02:00 PM
hey, awesome!! long time no talk. welcome to WSI!!!

awesomefan
02-10-2002, 02:40 PM
AsInWreck: As of today SoxNet.net is back up & running.

Cheryl
02-11-2002, 07:59 AM
Cheryl: Yes I used to post alot more on White Sox MLB.com. Still do post once in awhile.

What username do/did you use on White Sox MLB.com?

I'm Cheryl everywhere. I never did post much over there--nice people, but the way MLB has those boards set up just blows. I did meet a bunch of people from there a couple of times at the ballpark with my good friend NativeSouthsider.

RedPinStripes
02-11-2002, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl

I'm Cheryl everywhere. I never did post much over there--nice people, but the way MLB has those boards set up just blows. I did meet a bunch of people from there a couple of times at the ballpark with my good friend NativeSouthsider.

MLB blows period. I rarly post there. Too many idiots that try to fight and know crap about baseball.