PDA

View Full Version : The Funniest Story of the Offseason!

FarWestChicago
02-08-2002, 12:55 AM
:shammy

Where did I leave that 20 grand? (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0207/1325167.html)

FarWestChicago
02-08-2002, 01:04 AM
:moron

That story is not true! Being the great humanist he is, Sammy actually donated that money to impoverished children.

yyz
02-08-2002, 01:18 AM
I'm trying to think of a legitimate reason why someone would carry $20,000 in cash, and I can't really come up with one. Anybody?

Vsahajpal
02-08-2002, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by yyz
I'm trying to think of a legitimate reason why someone would carry $20,000 in cash, and I can't really come up with one. Anybody?

Gambling, we saw De La Hoya in Vegas with well over 20 K. Must be nice...

pearso66
02-08-2002, 09:32 AM
he left it in a hotel lobby, in a plastic bag, under a towel? now who of you, if you found this, would think, oh lets just leave it, i m sure the owner would be back soon.

czalgosz
02-08-2002, 10:31 AM
"Management told him the cameras weren't working."

I can just picture that -

"Ummmm, no, Senor Sosa. We did not see your money. By the way, have you seen my new car?"

Meatpants
02-08-2002, 10:50 AM
I don't think anyone's ever accused Sammy of being the sharpest knife in the drawer.

The funniest part to me is putting the towel over it. And where exactly were they going that they couldn't take the bag with them??

czalgosz
02-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Meatpants
I don't think anyone's ever accused Sammy of being the sharpest knife in the drawer.

The funniest part to me is putting the towel over it. And where exactly were they going that they couldn't take the bag with them??

No, they forgot the bag! That's the part that kills me. If I was carrying 20 grand, I would never, ever forget about it.

rmusacch
02-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by yyz

Gambling and whores?

CubKilla
02-08-2002, 11:10 AM
Someone in Orland left $100,000 in a gym locker the other day. Someone is trying to claim it as their own but they don't even have a membership at the club. A cleaning person found it AND turned it into police. Wonder if this person ever heard of finders keepers.....

Nellie_Fox
02-08-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
A cleaning person found it AND turned it into police. Wonder if this person ever heard of finders keepers.....
"Finders Keepers." There's a legal concept. Better check Illinois law on Theft of Lost or Mislaid Property (720 ILCS 5/16-2) before you decide to keep it. It's called honesty and ethics. You turn it in to hotel security or the police; you don't stick it in your pocket.

Iwritecode
02-08-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by czalgosz

No, they forgot the bag! That's the part that kills me. If I was carrying 20 grand, I would never, ever forget about it.

You forget who we are talking about. 20 grand to Sammy is like 20 bucks to us...

Paulwny
02-08-2002, 11:46 AM
C'mon guys, Sammy was going to ananymously donate the money to a local charity and didn't want his names in the headlines. He's sooooo modest.

voodoochile
02-08-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

"Finders Keepers." There's a legal concept. Better check Illinois law on Theft of Lost or Mislaid Property (720 ILCS 5/16-2) before you decide to keep it. It's called honesty and ethics. You turn it in to hotel security or the police; you don't stick it in your pocket.

That's true - the good thing is that in most cases if it is unclaimed after a year it is returned to the person who found it in some states. I don't know if that is true in Illinois or not.

irish rover
02-08-2002, 12:17 PM
Hmmm floating around the carribean on his 150 yacht, 20k in cash in a "plastic bag'(lol)very suspicious. Hey shouldn't he be getting ready for ST

FarWestChicago
02-08-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by irish rover
Hmmm floating around the carribean on his 150 yacht, 20k in cash in a "plastic bag'(lol)very suspicious. Hey shouldn't he be getting ready for ST :shammy

I am ready. I have taken plenty of "vitamins" this offseason.

cheeses_h_rice
02-08-2002, 01:11 PM
:moron

I have it on good authority that Sammy and his brother were going to be going to a bank to cash in the $20,000 for nickels, which they were personally going to give out to the impoverished children of Caracas.

It's just a pity that you Smut Sox fans have no concept of charity.

WinningUgly!
02-08-2002, 01:39 PM
The brothers forgot the bag when they left to eat at a hotel restaurant. Remembering it, they rushed back to the lobby but the cash was gone, the newspaper said.

So, was this all the cash they had on them? Were they forced to wash dishes to "pay" for dinner? Is Marriotti the "rear admiral" on Samme 's yacht? So many unanswered questions!!!! :D: