PDA

View Full Version : Twins release Tony Batista

HotelWhiteSox
06-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Wasn't this the big signing we were all supposed to be afraid of? Take that Batgirl!

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20060619&content_id=1513433&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb&partnered=rss_mlb

Baby Fisk
06-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Jeez, when the Sox played the Twins in April/May this guy was the new hero in town. Guess not!

SouthSide_HitMen
06-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Jeez, when the Sox played the Twins in April/May this guy was the new hero in town. Guess not!

There's talk on the street, it sounds so familiar
Great expectations, everybody's watching you
People you meet, they all seem to know you
Even your old friends treat you like you're something new

Johnny-come-lately, the new kid in town
Everybody loves you, so don't let them down

JorgeFabregas
06-19-2006, 05:53 PM
For some reason I thought he was the rare 40 year-old position player. Any ideas why I thought that? :?:

caulfield12
06-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Because he's one of those guys that started playing when he was in his early 20īs.

I guess this means Cuddyer goes back to 3rd, or do they have other plans? I know Kubel has been playing a lot for them, and they dealt Juan Castro back to the Reds.

Quietly, Minnesota has slipped past CLE for 3rd, and CLE is now about the same number of games behind they were in 2005 at the low water mark (15 GB).

ma-gaga
06-20-2006, 11:22 AM
For some reason I thought he was the rare 40 year-old position player. Any ideas why I thought that? :?:

They still have Ruben Sierra on their team somewhere. He was supposedly just activated from the DL so I'm not 100% sure where he is. He's the 40+ year old pinch hitter extrodinaire.

I guess this means Cuddyer goes back to 3rd, or do they have other plans? I know Kubel has been playing a lot for them, and they dealt Juan Castro back to the Reds.

The answer is; 3B by "committee" (Punto, Tiffee, and Luis Rodriguez), SS = Bartlett from AAA, and Cuddyer stays in right field.

The real question is what to do with Shannon Stewart? He's currently on the DL, but almost healthy, where do they play him? Kubel's the better defender. The "ideal" situation is to put Stewart at DH, but they'll probably reverse that and have Kubel DH and Stewart LF.

Actually, they have a much better National League style team. They don't have a 'DH' worthy of the title.