PDA

View Full Version : Stl/hou

batmanZoSo
06-19-2006, 02:11 PM
It doesn't get more marquee than this in interleague play. Possible World Series preview at the Cell. I don't like how we've handled St. Louis in the past, but then that's why they call it the past. Both teams are hot and coming off sweeps. No Pujols, which is good. Mulder tomorrow, which is bad. He's not having a stellar year, but he was always tough on us with Oakland.

Then of course we have the World Series rematch right after that. This should be an awesome homestand. :bandance:

Every game should be sold out and the house will be rocking. :Rocker:

On a side note, I'm surprised to see no national coverage for the St. Louis series--no WGN, no ESPN. Surely these are the best teams in either league and MLB must have known this. You'd think one of these would get national coverage (unless there's been a change I'm unaware of).

Tekijawa
06-19-2006, 02:20 PM
Just wanted to Point this news out from Yahoo: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5775/news

Jun 16 Carrie Muskat, of Cubs.MLB.com, reports Chicago Cubs 1B Derrek Lee (wrist) participated in a simulated batting practice session Friday, June 16. Lee stood in at the plate, but did not take swings.

Yes, that's right Derek Lee Stood up and Carrie reported it... I don't know what type of Conditioning it takes to stand at the plate, but I can't imagine how this is news worthy enough to actually report. Now back to wondering why we don't have national coverage.

MrRoboto83
06-19-2006, 02:29 PM
It doesn't get more marquee than this in interleague play. Possible World Series preview at the Cell. I don't like how we've handled St. Louis in the past, but then that's why they call it the past. Both teams are hot and coming off sweeps. No Pujols, which is good. Mulder tomorrow, which is bad. He's not having a stellar year, but he was always tough on us with Oakland.

Then of course we have the World Series rematch right after that. This should be an awesome homestand. :bandance:

On a side note, I'm surprised to see no national coverage for the St. Louis series--no WGN, no ESPN. Surely these are the best teams in either league and MLB must have known this. You'd think one of these would get national coverage (unless there's been a change I'm unaware of).

I'm pumped for both of these series, I will be at all 6 games, which is my longest homestand of the year. No matter what we do against St. Louis the media will twist it all around. "The Sox beat up on Pujolsless Cardinals" or " Sox can not beat a weakend Cardinals team"

not that I care, just know it will happen.

Baby Fisk
06-19-2006, 02:31 PM
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/3114/vazquez19yy.jpg
"This sucks! Why can't I go up to bat? I want to slug one out."

:burly
"Me! Me! Check this out: I spent two hours last night putting tar on my batting helmet."

:ozzie
"Aye carumba!"

GOGOGOPODS
06-19-2006, 02:35 PM
World Series previews this week at the Cell? Possibly could be. The cell will be a rocking, and I wonder how many St. Louis fans will come in to see the Cards' play? Or Cub fans come in and cheer for the Sox? Welll.... who really cares lets just kick some Cardinal and Astro ass!!

Flight #24
06-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Just wanted to Point this news out from Yahoo: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/5775/news

Jun 16 Carrie Muskat, of Cubs.MLB.com, reports Chicago Cubs 1B Derrek Lee (wrist) participated in a simulated batting practice session Friday, June 16. Lee stood in at the plate, but did not take swings.

So, did Lee hit a simulated bomb off of Prior? Actually, probably not since he'd be like a simulated rookie going up against Prior, who's probably the simulated equivalent of Nolan Ryan.

This just gets more and more ludicrous. If it were a movie-of-the-week, it's bee too unbelievable to watch. As it is, it's like a trainwreck and I cannot look away.

pinwheels3530
06-19-2006, 03:36 PM

They will be showing the Tuesday game on a channel called INHD2 for Comcast HD customers nationally.

StockdaleForVeep
06-19-2006, 03:47 PM

Had pujols been avail, we woulda got national coverage, esp since he shoulda had about 56 hrs by now

gaelhound
06-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Bats! Were you under the impression that Boston or New York were on a hiatus?:wink:

WS in 05
06-19-2006, 03:55 PM

espn has cincy vs. mets on wednesday night baseball:rolleyes:

cheeses_h_rice
06-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Instead of Sparta-Athens, I guess we'll just have to settle for the #2 and #3 teams in MLB.

:gulp:

JorgeFabregas
06-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Surely these are the best teams in either league and MLB must have known this.
I'm not sure that the Cardinals are better than the Mets.

batmanZoSo
06-19-2006, 03:59 PM
espn has cincy vs. mets on wednesday night baseball:rolleyes:

The Mets have captured our hearts with their surprise turnaround, so I can see that. Thanks for saving baseball, Mets!

StockdaleForVeep
06-19-2006, 04:00 PM
The Mets have captured our hearts with their surprise turnaround, so I can see that. Thanks for saving baseball, Mets!

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/tank/tank/MrMet_267x200.jpg
"My pleasure kid::pats head::

Baby Fisk
06-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Dude, everyone loves the Mets. :smile:

don't they??? :unsure:

batmanZoSo
06-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Dude, everyone loves the Mets. :smile:

don't they??? :unsure:

http://www.ctgilles.net/images/pictars/kramer.jpg

:D:

HotelWhiteSox
06-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Speaking of the Asstros, Clemens returns Thursday against the Twins and Loriano. That should be good

WS in 05
06-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Speaking of the Asstros, Clemens returns Thursday against the Twins and Loriano. That should be good

don't worry thats scheldued to air on espn

SBSoxFan
06-19-2006, 04:37 PM

Maybe, but I think it would be more competitive if the Twins pitched Liriano instead. :redneck

Chez
06-20-2006, 02:39 PM
They will be showing the Tuesday game on a channel called INHD2 for Comcast HD customers nationally.

That's Comcast channel 175 for those with high definition. It will be blacked out locally. Channels 174 or 175 usually show at least one game a night in high def.

Jerko
06-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Too bad ESPN isn't carrying these games. I'd love to see how Tada Taguchi does on a natonal stage.

batmanZoSo
06-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Too bad ESPN isn't carrying these games. I'd love to see how Tada Taguchi does on a natonal stage.

:roflmao:

Ol' No. 2
06-20-2006, 04:24 PM

Yes, that's right Derek Lee Stood up and Carrie reported it... I don't know what type of Conditioning it takes to stand at the plate, but I can't imagine how this is news worthy enough to actually report. Now back to wondering why we don't have national coverage.Why wasn't this televised on WGN??