PDA

View Full Version : Steve Karsay hangs it up

DaleJRFan
06-19-2006, 02:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2490516

Lots of C-level bullpen pitchers moving in and out today...

TDog
06-19-2006, 06:20 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2490516

Lots of C-level bullpen pitchers moving in and out today...

That's because most bullpen pitchers are C-level to begin with.

DaleJRFan
06-19-2006, 06:40 PM
That's because most bullpen pitchers are C-level to begin with.

Really? What great analysis.

Billy Wagner, Duaner Sanchez, Mariano Rivera, Jonathon Paplebon, BJ Ryan, Mike Gonzalez, Brandon Looper, Brian Fuentes, Fernando Rodney, Joel Zumaya, Roman Colon, Chris Ray, Scot Shields, Francisco Rodriguez, Houston Street, Akinori Otsuka, Joe Nathan, Trevor Hoffman, Jason Isringhausen, Brad Lidge, Tom Gordon, JJ Putz, Rafael Soriano, Bobby Howry, Scot Eyre, Chad Cordero, Bobby Jenks, Neal Cotts - they all look pretty A-level to me.

Tragg
06-19-2006, 07:48 PM

Billy Wagner, Duaner Sanchez, Mariano Rivera, Jonathon Paplebon, BJ Ryan, Mike Gonzalez, Brandon Looper, Brian Fuentes, Fernando Rodney, Joel Zumaya, Roman Colon, Chris Ray, Scot Shields, Francisco Rodriguez, Houston Street, Akinori Otsuka, Joe Nathan, Trevor Hoffman, Jason Isringhausen, Brad Lidge, Tom Gordon, JJ Putz, Rafael Soriano, Bobby Howry, Scot Eyre, Chad Cordero, Bobby Jenks, Neal Cotts - they all look pretty A-level to me. There are some good relievers, but most bullpen pitchers are C level pitchers. Your list i probably less than 10% of all relief pitchers, and you've covered the top ones.

I'd put some of your list on the b level anyway - Eyre, Howry, Looper off the top of my head.

If middle relievers were A pitchers they would either start or command an A level salary out of the pen.

caulfield12
06-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Karsay had big-time injury problems derail his career.

He was one of the hardest throwing and most feared lefties before he got hurt. He was not quite the presence of a Billy Wagner, but he was a closer for a number of years.

TommyJohn
06-19-2006, 07:59 PM
I like Karsay. He along with Mark Kotsay have great Pig Latin names.

Ixnay on Karsay in the ullpenbay.

TDog
06-20-2006, 04:35 AM

Billy Wagner, Duaner Sanchez, Mariano Rivera, Jonathon Paplebon, BJ Ryan, Mike Gonzalez, Brandon Looper, Brian Fuentes, Fernando Rodney, Joel Zumaya, Roman Colon, Chris Ray, Scot Shields, Francisco Rodriguez, Houston Street, Akinori Otsuka, Joe Nathan, Trevor Hoffman, Jason Isringhausen, Brad Lidge, Tom Gordon, JJ Putz, Rafael Soriano, Bobby Howry, Scot Eyre, Chad Cordero, Bobby Jenks, Neal Cotts - they all look pretty A-level to me.

There are 30 MLB teams, each with about six relievers. I don't even see 30 names on your list.

Fact is, every team has guys in their bullpen that cause their fans to recoil in terror when they enter a game. Some teams have more than others.

WSox597
06-22-2006, 05:13 PM
I like Karsay. He along with Mark Kotsay have great Pig Latin names.

Ixnay on Karsay in the ullpenbay.

Another Pig Latin fan! :D: