McCarthy

Bullpen
Jenks
Cotts
Thornton
Riske
Broadway-Tracey-Haeger-Montero-McCullough
Liotta-Lumsden-B. Logan

Not sure about 3 lefties in the pen. I guess it depends on their BAA for Lefties and Righties

Beautox
06-19-2006, 03:03 PM
LF Jose Tabata (http://ingeorgewetrust.blogspot.com/2006/02/prospect-profile-jose-tabata.html)we will acquire him from NYY for Garcia
CF Anderson
RF Fields
3B Crede
SS (trade/FA)
2B Iguchi
1B Konerko
DH Thome
C AJ

Bench
Stewart
Mackowiak
Ozuna
Cintron
Owens

Rotation
Contreras
Buehrle
Garland
Vazquez
McCarthy

Bullpen
Jenks
Cotts
Thornton
Riske
Ryan Wagner (http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/features/03top10s/reds.html) from the reds for Tracey
Lumsden(will work his way into the rotation much like Buehrle once Vazquez's deal is up)

oeo
06-19-2006, 03:04 PM
LF Owens (or trade) or Fields
CF Anderson
RF Sweeney (FA or trade)
3B Crede or Fields
SS Rob Valido
2B Iguchi or Ozuna
1B Konerko
DH Thome
C AJ

Bench....Stewart-Molina
Mackowiak
Ozuna (back-up IF) or Cintron
Owens
??? Rogowski in Gload's spot

Rotation
Contreras
Buehrle (assuming he re-signs)
Garland
Vazquez
McCarthy

Bullpen
Jenks
Cotts
Thornton
Riske
Liotta-Lumsden-B. Logan

Not sure about 3 lefties in the pen. I guess it depends on their BAA for Lefties and Righties

Are you serious about Ozuna being a starting second baseman? He's been great as a utility guy, but an everyday starter? No thanks. He's been great this year, but I think he will be a guy that will give us a maybe another good year and then fade. And the Sox better re-sign Gooch, he's one of the better second baseman.

Anyway, these things are just too hard to predict. In 2008, you'll look back at this and wonder what on earth you were thinking.

Beautox
06-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Tabata & Fields can go either way

Beautox
06-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Batting Order
Name Bats Age
Tabata R 20
Iguchi R 33
Thome L 37
Konerko R 32
Fields R 25
AJ L 31
Crede R 30
SS L ?
Anderson R 26

chaerulez
06-19-2006, 03:27 PM
Are you serious about Ozuna being a starting second baseman? He's been great as a utility guy, but an everyday starter? No thanks. He's been great this year, but I think he will be a guy that will give us a maybe another good year and then fade. And the Sox better re-sign Gooch, he's one of the better second baseman.

Anyway, these things are just too hard to predict. In 2008, you'll look back at this and wonder what on earth you were thinking.

I agree, threads like this have always seemed silly to me. There are too many variables to make any predictions seem worthwhile.

MrRoboto83
06-19-2006, 03:49 PM
These lineups don't look good enough for the 2008 Quadpeat season.

JorgeFabregas
06-19-2006, 04:03 PM
CF Anderson
RF Sweeney (FA or trade)
3B Crede or Fields
SS Rob Valido
2B Iguchi or Ozuna
1B Konerko
DH Thome
C AJ

Bench....Stewart-Molina
Mackowiak
Owens

Rotation
Contreras
Garland
Vazquez
McCarthy

Bullpen
Jenks
Cotts
Thornton
Riske
Liotta-Lumsden-B. Logan

So you see the White Sox payroll shrinking significantly between now and then? I don't.

caulfield12
06-19-2006, 04:06 PM
I will go back to my earlier comments about Fields being more of a LFer than a RFer due to his average (despite the fact he played QB at OSU) arm for that position, or 3B.

He's average to slightly below average for all MLB starters, IMO.

Sweeney is a natural RFer without the power to play a corner outfield spot yet.

Ozuna is the only obvious answer (for now) as there is nobody that stands out in the minors at that position. There is a possibility Valido could be moved over if they decide to keep Uribe. Of course, there is also the possibility Iguchi resigns with us, but we only control his contract through 2007 and he will be getting into his mid-30's by then.

I know some are high on Chris Getz...he might be part of the picture by then as well.

I know it's sometimes useless, but it's also interesting to look at the long-term as well and try to think like KW does.

Beautox
06-19-2006, 04:13 PM
agreed, i don't understand why some people like chae get bothered by this. Its an off day and sox fans are bored, simple as that.

White Sox Randy
06-19-2006, 05:01 PM
CF Anderson
RF Sweeney (FA or trade)
3B Crede or Fields
SS Rob Valido
2B Iguchi or Ozuna
1B Konerko
DH Thome
C AJ

Bench....Stewart-Molina
Mackowiak
Owens

Rotation
Contreras
Garland
Vazquez
McCarthy

Bullpen
Jenks
Cotts
Thornton
Riske
Liotta-Lumsden-B. Logan

Umm....wrong

Why bother...you couldn't even predict the 2007 Sox with much accuracy ?

oeo
06-19-2006, 05:15 PM
agreed, i don't understand why some people like chae get bothered by this. Its an off day and sox fans are bored, simple as that.
It doesn't bother me. I was just stating that it's too hard to predict these things because a lot of these guys will be traded/forgotten by then. Right now it looks good, 2 years from now you will be saying, "How would we win with that lineup?". For example, people are really high on Fields right now, but a #5 hitter by 2008? I would hope Crede would move up the lineup by then, and be quite the nice fill-in for JD (but who knows, he may be gone and we might have Fields at 3B). Too many things change in the span of 2 years.

DSpivack
06-19-2006, 05:17 PM
2004/2006 White Sox:
C: Ben Davis/ AJ
1B: Konerko/ Konerko
2B: Wee Willie/ Iguchi
SS: Manos, Hands of Fate; Uribe, Hands of Assurance
3B: Crede/Crede
RF: Magglio,Borchard/ Dye
CF: Rowand/ Anderson
LF: El Caballo/ Pods
DH: Thomas-Everett/Thome
SP: Buehrle, Garland, Loaiza, Garcia, Schoeneweis, Contreras/ Buehrle-Garland-Contreras-Garcia-Vazquez
RP: Shingo, Marte, Cotts, Adkins, Politte/ Jenks-Cotts-Thornton-Riske-McCarthy

As different as 2004 is from 2006, 2006 will be from 2008.

Ol' No. 2
06-19-2006, 05:27 PM
2008???? I thought that had to be a typo. We haven't even reached the halfway point in 2006 and you're worried about 2008?:?:

Sox-o-matic
06-19-2006, 05:53 PM
It's funny because every year there is always some thread predicting which of our stud minor leaguers are starting and when. Yet, every single year, KW trades some of them to upgrade the team with veteran players. Remember how "untouchable" Jeremy Reed, Gio Gonzalez, and Chris Young were?

Also, how can you possibly predict that Anderson in 2 years will be batting ninth? For all we know he may be a defensive replacement for the Pittsburgh Pirates by then, or maybe hitting sixth here with a line something along the lines of .300 25 90 or better.

Chisox003
06-19-2006, 05:59 PM
2008???? I thought that had to be a typo. We haven't even reached the halfway point in 2006 and you're worried about 2008?:?:
It's funny, because 1) The reason you stated and 2) It's a VERY good possibility that NONE of these predictions will be remotely close.

I guess I just don't see the fun in speculating 2 years in advance :?:

caulfield12
06-19-2006, 06:51 PM
Obviously KW is thinking about 2008, or he wouldn't have resigned Contreras, Garland and traded for Vazquez. He has also stated a number of times how annoyed he was with Buehrle being Buehrle and making the cutesy Cardinals comments on three occasions.

With Jenks, Cotts and Thornton (and maybe Riske), we have the makings of a solid bullpen for the future.

The biggest question to be solved is whether Pods will continue to be knicked by nagging injuries or he will once again become the disruptor he was in the first half of 2005 and for streches of brilliance in 2006. He has also made 6 errors already, possesses a weak arm and gave Kearns two extra RBI´s and a 2 run deficit for the Gran Titan. Ozzie´s patience with his streakiness and defense is wearing thin...what does it tell you we have to put in Mackowiak as a defensive substitution for him?

Owens is picking it up now, in the .240´s and 4 HR, 38 RBI and 23 steals. 23 walks and 7 CS´s, something like a .306 OBP. If he can put up that similar line at the MLB level, with an OBP of around .340-.360, KW would be wise to let Scott go. However, Owens needs more developmental time and is already 25 due to his football career. OTOH, he's improving defensively, and while he will never be a natural, fluid CFer like Anderson, Devon White, A. Jones or Torii Hunter, he possesses a lot of athleticism. And he cost us almost nothing.

We have a good mixture of signed vets, youth and players that will be in the final year of their contract in 2007 (Dye, Uribe, Iguchi, Garcia, Buehrle) or that have options for 2008.

To think we're going to have Fields, Sweeney, Valido, a rookie 2B or Ozuna...all playing in the same line-up is probably not realistic.

batmanZoSo
06-19-2006, 08:02 PM
It's funny, because 1) The reason you stated and 2) It's a VERY good possibility that NONE of these predictions will be remotely close.

I guess I just don't see the fun in speculating 2 years in advance :?:

I could see in 1999 predicting the 2001 lineup. In other words a young rebuilding team where you pretty much know where they're going. With a team that's near its limits in payroll, gunning for a World Series and shows no change in sight, you have no clue what will happen, what major trades might be made, what circumstances will arise with payroll and player regressions with the veterans on the team. Who could possibly speculate whether Thome and Dye will be worth a dime in two years given the former's age and the latter's health history? I understand the thread's purely for kicks, but I couldn't even fill out a roster.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-19-2006, 08:04 PM
This is the feel good thread of the future.