PDA

View Full Version : WSI-Fest: Last Day to Order Tickets!

TornLabrum
06-19-2006, 01:16 PM
The flyer is now ready to be posted for WSI-Fest. There are 250 seats being held for us. You can download the flyer at:

http://home.comcast.net/~jvickery4212/wsi_fest_flyer.pdf (http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejvickery4212/wsi_fest_flyer.pdf)

NOTE: There are very limited parking passes available, hence, no mention of them on the flyer. However, if you want to try for one, please add a note to the bottom of the flyer when you mail or fax it to the Sox. I'm assuming they will be $18.00 green passes for lots F or L. The Sox will sell them as long as they last.

The deadline for ordering is July 14.

Mercy!
06-19-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm confused about this part:

Seats will be filled on a best available basis. If the seat location you request is sold out, the White Sox will fill your order with the next-best available seating section.
What do I request in order to make sure I end up sitting with other WSI'ers? Thanks for any help.

whitesoxwilkes
06-19-2006, 06:26 PM
I'm confused about this part:

What do I request in order to make sure I end up sitting with other WSI'ers? Thanks for any help.

Standard disclaimer. Don't panic. Folks on here bought tickets right up until the week before COTC II, IIRC.

Mercy!
06-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Standard disclaimer. Don't panic. Folks on here bought tickets right up until the week before COTC II, IIRC. Thanks for the reply! The part I am confused about is what particular seat I was supposed to ask for. But now I'm guessing that I'm not supposed to ask for any seat, just send in the form?

itsnotrequired
06-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the reply! The part I am confused about is what particular seat I was supposed to ask for. But now I'm guessing that I'm not supposed to ask for any seat, just send in the form?
Yep, just send it in. I believe we will be in Section 105 and seats will start filling with the first row and moving back (well, that's how CotC worked anyway). The seats in that section will be reserved until July 14 and then released to other groups or general sales.

IlliniSox4Life
06-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the reply! The part I am confused about is what particular seat I was supposed to ask for. But now I'm guessing that I'm not supposed to ask for any seat, just send in the form?

Yup, just send in the form with the number of tickets you want and they'll start seating people in the order they get them. The sooner you send it in, the better seats. I sent it in for CotC about 2-3 days before the deadline (and it was mailed in, so they got it either on the deadline or possibly the next day), and I ended up sitting in the same section as everybody else, about 6 or 7 rows back from the people who sent it in the very first day (the people in between were those who sent it in inbetween us).

chisoxmike
06-19-2006, 09:15 PM
HA! It says at the bottom "...We need more cowbell!"

JohnBasedowYoda
06-19-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm there!

Chips
06-19-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm there!

So am I.

chisoxmike
06-19-2006, 09:30 PM
It will be in the mail tomorrow!

itsnotrequired
06-19-2006, 09:30 PM
This seems like the kind of event that would interest me.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-19-2006, 09:33 PM
This seems like the kind of event that would interest me.

Not at all. There's no basket weaving.

Frater Perdurabo
06-19-2006, 09:37 PM
I faxed my order today, just minutes after Hal posted the flyer. Barring a plane crash, hospitalization or death, Mrs. Frater and I shall be there.
:bandance:

TornLabrum
06-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Who set up the seating chart for COTC? We should be able to get a pretty accurate one for this, except perhaps for the group from work my son is taking along with him. If you see a bunch of people who look like they work at a junior college, that will be them. They had a great time at COTC I and wanted to tag along again.

Mercy!
06-19-2006, 09:46 PM
Is the WSI Drinking Team going to sit together?

itsnotrequired
06-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Who set up the seating chart for COTC? We should be able to get a pretty accurate one for this, except perhaps for the group from work my son is taking along with him. If you see a bunch of people who look like they work at a junior college, that will be them. They had a great time at COTC I and wanted to tag along again.

I set it up for this last one and will be happy to do it again.

Looks like I will be racing Frater for the coveted front row aisle seats. I faxed mine in about a half-hour after the form was posted. Delay due to wonky internet action.:angry:

itsnotrequired
06-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Is the WSI Drinking Team going to sit together?

If the rest of the team is on the ball, we'll all be in the first row.

Chips
06-19-2006, 09:55 PM
If the rest of the team is on the ball, we'll all be in the first row.

The team needs at least 2 rows, maybe 3.

TornLabrum
06-19-2006, 09:56 PM
I set it up for this last one and will be happy to do it again.

Looks like I will be racing Frater for the coveted front row aisle seats. I faxed mine in about a half-hour after the form was posted. Delay due to wonky internet action.:angry:
Not really. My son faxed in our order from work as I was posting. Privilege of being the organizer and all that. But I don't care if I get the aisle or not.

Thanks for doing the seating chart!

itsnotrequired
06-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Not really. My son faxed in our order from work as I was posting. Privilege of being the organizer and all that. But I don't care if I get the aisle or not.

Thanks for doing the seating chart!
To tell you the truth, I was surprised I got the aisle seats last time. Oh well, anywhere in the first row works for me.:cool:

I'll start the chart once my tickets show up.

TornLabrum
06-19-2006, 10:21 PM
To tell you the truth, I was surprised I got the aisle seats last time. Oh well, anywhere in the first row works for me.:cool:

Cool. Let's do a separate thread like we did for the COTCs.

skobabe8
06-19-2006, 10:36 PM
The team needs at least 2 rows, maybe 3.

I need 3 seats. One for me, one for the drink to my right. One for the drink to my left.

You can go ahead and put that **** on the seating chart, itsnotrequired.

The Dude
06-19-2006, 10:36 PM

Hopefully I sit nowhere near you Miller!:tongue:

It looks like this time I'm actually gonna sit with you guys and Chips will also have a seat of his own instead of sharing one!

Chips
06-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Hopefully I sit nowhere near you Miller!:tongue:

It looks like this time I'm actually gonna sit with you guys and Chips will also have a seat of his own instead of sharing one!

I'll share my seat with anyone.

skottyj242
06-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Miller, I will be in section 158 row 17 seats 14+15.

itsnotrequired
06-20-2006, 11:04 AM
Miller, I will be in section 158 row 17 seats 14+15.

I see you're clowning it once again. Sell those beasts and sit with the champs.

MrRoboto83
06-20-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm sending my order in today. I may not be on the drinking team yet, but who knows maybe during WSI-Fest I can try out for the team?

whitesoxwilkes
06-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Faxed mine in today.

I need to get some face time with the drinking team.

skottyj242
06-20-2006, 11:40 AM
I see you're clowning it once again. Sell those beasts and sit with the champs.

Well if you guys sat in left it wouldn't be a problem.

chisoxfanatic
06-20-2006, 12:40 PM
I will be there and will send it in tomorrow.

I do have a question: May we hand-deliver it to them at the ballpark?

TornLabrum
06-20-2006, 01:05 PM
I will be there and will send it in tomorrow.

I do have a question: May we hand-deliver it to them at the ballpark?

Last year at COTC I, I hand delivered Jeff's form and money for his group (in an envelope addressed to Kurt), to the desk. So the answer is most likely yes. You might want to call the Sox to confirm that you can do it, though.

The Dude
06-20-2006, 11:25 PM
Put in the fax early this morning...so hopefully I'll get a good row!:cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
06-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Yoda has sent the fax

SouthSide_HitMen
06-21-2006, 04:29 PM
Put in the fax early this morning...so hopefully I'll get a good row!:cool:

FYI - I unplugged the fax machine to insure my mailed in application put me in the first row again. :cool:

LuvSox
06-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Step one complete, form printed. Step two, the mailing, tomorrow.

I will be in desperate need of a parking pass. Any suggestions?

MrRoboto83
06-21-2006, 11:30 PM
Step one complete, form printed. Step two, the mailing, tomorrow.

I will be in desperate need of a parking pass. Any suggestions?

Since the party starts when the gates open at 5:30, there will be plenty of cash parking available in lot G.

LuvSox
06-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Since the party starts when the gates open at 5:30, there will be plenty of cash parking available in lot G.

Yeah, I know, but I might be late.

MrRoboto83
06-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Yeah, I know, but I might be late.

I parked there tonight, got there around 6:10, still plenty of spots.

LuvSox
06-22-2006, 12:03 AM
I parked there tonight, got there around 6:10, still plenty of spots.

Cool, thanks.

I'll bet I can pick the other Region people out of the crowd at the patio party. :smile:

PeoriaSoxFan
06-22-2006, 09:36 PM
I already have tickets for the game in the lower deck. Can I just buy a ticket for the pregame party?

TornLabrum
06-22-2006, 10:00 PM
I already have tickets for the game in the lower deck. Can I just buy a ticket for the pregame party?

Yes. Give the Sox ticket office a call for details. The price is $30.00 for the patio alone. Ask for Kurt.

Frater Perdurabo
06-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Unless I get advice to the contrary here, I plan to contact the Sox ticket office tomorrow (Monday), as I faxed in my WSI Fest order (for two tickets) last Monday, yet have not even seen my credit card get charged for the two tickets I ordered.

Has anyone else received their tickets and/or had their credit card charged for their WSI Fest ticket order?

I don't expect to have received them yet, but I would expect that within a week my order has been filled, my credit card has been charged, and the tickets mailed. Am I being unreasonable or impatient?

If I'm not being unreasonable, is there a specific person I should contact to follow up to see if my order has been processed? Thank you!

SouthSide_HitMen
06-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Unless I get advice to the contrary here, I plan to contact the Sox ticket office tomorrow (Monday), as I faxed in my WSI Fest order (for two tickets) last Monday, yet have not even seen my credit card get charged for the two tickets I ordered.

Has anyone else received their tickets and/or had their credit card charged for their WSI Fest ticket order?

I don't expect to have received them yet, but I would expect that within a week my order has been filled, my credit card has been charged, and the tickets mailed. Am I being unreasonable or impatient?

If I'm not being unreasonable, is there a specific person I should contact to follow up to see if my order has been processed? Thank you!

I'd wait a week or two. Last time I mailed a check in a day or two after the flyer came out. It wasn't cashed for a few weeks but I received front row seats. My guess is they process these groups in batches maybe once or twice a week.

Remember there are hundreds of groups each month and they are doing this all by hand.

TornLabrum
06-26-2006, 08:20 AM

Don't do anything yet. Processing these things takes time. Kurt is handling the account, and right now he's doing his old job plus a new one. Let's not make things harder than they actually are. One of the reasons the deadling is a month before the actual game is so that there is plenty of time to get all of the orders filled and mailed.

Frater Perdurabo
06-26-2006, 10:31 AM
Don't do anything yet. Processing these things takes time. Kurt is handling the account, and right now he's doing his old job plus a new one. Let's not make things harder than they actually are. One of the reasons the deadling is a month before the actual game is so that there is plenty of time to get all of the orders filled and mailed.

Thanks for the advice, Hal, and thanks to you and to Kurt for putting this all together, too!
:D:

itsnotrequired
06-27-2006, 07:44 AM
FYI, my credit card was charged yesterday.

logansquaresox
06-27-2006, 09:04 AM
FYI, my credit card was charged yesterday.

So was mine. :smile:

Frater Perdurabo
06-27-2006, 09:34 AM
So was mine. :smile:

Hmmm. Mine hasn't been charged yet. :?:

itsnotrequired
06-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Hmmm. Mine hasn't been charged yet. :?:

Have you placed your order yet?

:tongue:

Actually, mine is still a "temporary authorization" but at least it was some activity.

Frater Perdurabo
06-27-2006, 10:12 AM
Have you placed your order yet?

Actually, mine is still a "temporary authorization" but at least it was some activity.

Yes, I faxed mine before you! :tongue:

I see "pending charges" of $98, but there is nothing that indicates what the charge(s) is/are for. I know that two tickets plus the $5 service fee would be $93, but I know I haven't made a separate $5 purchase to bring the total to $98. Maybe they are charging me $5 more to FedEx the tickets to me in the farthest southwest Chicago suburbs of Plano, Texas?

chisoxmike
06-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Faxed mine today.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-28-2006, 03:04 PM
Received the tickets today - Front Row (Row 9) once again. :supernana:

I thought Hal's Junior College group would take up the first several rows. Unplugging the fax did work after all. :cool:

I mailed the application in the second day the flyer was out so they must be working on a bunch of orders.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Yoda hopes to get his ticket soon

MrRoboto83
06-28-2006, 05:21 PM
Got my ticket today

Sec 109 Row 9 Seat 23

robiwho
06-28-2006, 06:01 PM
Ours arrived today!

Section 105, Row 10:
Robiwho-Seat 11
ChiSoxGirl-Seat 12

TornLabrum
06-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Received the tickets today - Front Row (Row 9) once again. :supernana:

I thought Hal's Junior College group would take up the first several rows. Unplugging the fax did work after all. :cool:

I mailed the application in the second day the flyer was out so they must be working on a bunch of orders.

The group from JJC hasn't sent in their applications yet. I'm sure Jeff is working on getting them to part with their money.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-29-2006, 12:56 AM
The group from JJC hasn't sent in their applications yet. I'm sure Jeff is working on getting them to part with their money.

That is cool - I was just joking around (we were joking about doing whatever it took to get front row seats).

Thanks again for putting this together Hal. Glad you received a invite to the Grinder Party for doing this - it was well deserved.

Also, the section has 24 seats in a row and the entire section is excellent so all the seats ordered for this event will be awesome (for people who haven't attended a group outing yet).

I think I remember reading something about White Sox fans having the ability to report on interactions with White Sox / Comiskey Park employees. If anyone knows where to do that online that would be great. I wanted to give a major thank you to Kurt and everyone else working with him in the Group Sales office - they're work is prompt and outstanding!!! I mailed my form in (so it took at least a day or two) the second day the flyer was up and I already have the ticket! The same thing happened for COTC II.

The Season Ticket staff also deserve major thanks and praise for how they handled last year's orders prior to the World Series.

If anyone knows how to formally submit this please let me (us) know. I guess I could always email Brooks but I am sure he is busy doing his job as well trying to please as many White Sox fans as possible.

Thanks again everyone (the Motion Picture Academy Oscar Orchestra starts to play and SSHM is being pulled off of the stage by two attractive models - hey this is pretty cool). :D:

IronFisk
06-29-2006, 01:29 AM
HA! It says at the bottom "...We need more cowbell!"
:bandance: You see? YOU SEE??? :bandance:

Well, guess I'll have to be there - bring yer earplugs and tylenol :redneck

Frater Perdurabo
06-29-2006, 07:58 AM
FINALLY
:bandance:

My credit card was charged!

Let's home the mail carrier doesn't lose my tickets in all the junk mail I get every day.

:supernana:

TornLabrum
06-29-2006, 05:14 PM
My tix came in the mail today. I took advantage of being a mod to already put them in the official seating chart.

itsnotrequired
06-29-2006, 05:40 PM
My tix came in the mail today. I took advantage of being a mod to already put them in the official seating chart.

Damn mods. They act like they run the place.

:redneck

JohnBasedowYoda
06-29-2006, 05:52 PM
I bet you all can't wait to see who's the unlucky person sitting next to me. Buuuuut if you do sit next to me you get some free whiskey.

Chips
06-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Ours arrived today!

Section 105, Row 10:
Robiwho-Seat 11
ChiSoxGirl-Seat 12

I got my ticket also

Section 105
Row 10
Seat 11.
:wired: :wired: :wired: :wired:

Frater Perdurabo
06-29-2006, 08:56 PM
I arrived home after teaching tonight (indoctrinating my students about the Vietnam War :tongue: ) to find an official envelope with 333 W. 35th Street listed as the return address!

Tickets arrived!

And you can put Frater on the board! YES!

Seriously, I've never attended any of the COTC events, or any patio party whatsoever (something about a 1,900-mile round trip commute). What's included in the patio party? Does the 5:35 p.m. time listed on the patio ticket refer to the time when the park gate opens, or when the patio party officially begins (can we enter before 5:35?)? Is there a specific gate through which Mrs. Frater and I need to enter? Any info would be appreciated.

robiwho
06-29-2006, 09:11 PM
I got my ticket also

Section 105
Row 10
Seat 11.
:wired: :wired: :wired: :wired:

I'm counting the moments :tongue:

TornLabrum
06-29-2006, 10:00 PM
I arrived home after teaching tonight (indoctrinating my students about the Vietnam War :tongue: ) to find an official envelope with 333 W. 35th Street listed as the return address!

Tickets arrived!

And you can put Frater on the board! YES!

Seriously, I've never attended any of the COTC events, or any patio party whatsoever (something about a 1,900-mile round trip commute). What's included in the patio party? Does the 5:35 p.m. time listed on the patio ticket refer to the time when the park gate opens, or when the patio party officially begins (can we enter before 5:35?)? Is there a specific gate through which Mrs. Frater and I need to enter? Any info would be appreciated.
Party begins when gates open as soon as you can make your way to the patio from gate 2. Gates open at 5:35. Party begins then. Enter at Gate 2 (behind right field). Get there early enough and you might even be able to pay cash to get into Lot E (if you don't already have a green pass).

The party includes all the food you can eat and all the beer/soft drinks you can imbibe in 2 hours. They'll send you to your seats a half hour after the game starts if you don't leave for your seats before then. They have long picnic tables set up, and there will be white boards indicating which section(s) of the patio we'll be in.

Anything else?

Frater Perdurabo
06-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Party begins when gates open as soon as you can make your way to the patio from gate 2. Gates open at 5:35. Party begins then. Enter at Gate 2 (behind right field). Get there early enough and you might even be able to pay cash to get into Lot E (if you don't already have a green pass).

The party includes all the food you can eat and all the beer/soft drinks you can imbibe in 2 hours. They'll send you to your seats a half hour after the game starts if you don't leave for your seats before then. They have long picnic tables set up, and there will be white boards indicating which section(s) of the patio we'll be in.

Anything else?

That's pretty comprehensive! Thank you! One more question: During the two-hour patio party time, can one leave and come back to the patio area in order to, say, use the restroom (to purge and make room for more food and beverage?), buy souvenirs, or visit Fundamentals to race Scott Podsednik on a bloated stomach?

Oh, and will the all-you-can-eat selections include filet mignon and lobster six ways?

TornLabrum
06-29-2006, 10:52 PM
That's pretty comprehensive! Thank you! One more question: During the two-hour patio party time, can one leave and come back to the patio area in order to, say, use the restroom (to purge and make room for more food and beverage?), buy souvenirs, or visit Fundamentals to race Scott Podsednik on a bloated stomach?

Oh, and will the all-you-can-eat selections include filet mignon and lobster six ways?

I believe you can leave the area, but it's kind of a pain as there are no escalators at gate 2 so you have to walk up the ramps to the 100 level. There are restrooms inside the patio area and bullpen bar.

chisoxmike
06-29-2006, 11:46 PM
I faxed my order on Tuesday, card hasn't been charged.

When did your guys cards get charged after you faxed your orders?

Frater Perdurabo
06-30-2006, 08:03 AM
I faxed my order on Tuesday, card hasn't been charged.

When did your guys cards get charged after you faxed your orders?

I faxed my order in on Monday, June 19. I noticed the credit card charge on my online account activity screen yesterday (Thursday, June 29). I also received the tickets yesterday. There always seems to be a delay of at least two days between when the merchant charges the card, and when the charge actually is posted to the account. (There's no way they would send the tickets to me without first charging my card!)

JohnBasedowYoda
07-05-2006, 04:14 PM
my card was charged on the 29th and still no tickets:angry: :angry: :angry:

USPS sucks in my area! We frequently get sails ads and mailers almost 2 weeks after they expire.

Edward
07-06-2006, 01:11 AM

USPS sucks in my area! We frequently get sails ads and mailers almost 2 weeks after they expire.

Jeez, move down the street over here, I'm getting coupons that don't expire until October. :cool:

In other news, I'm sending in my order tomorrow. This is going to be awesome.

CLR01
07-06-2006, 01:21 AM

USPS, like everyone else, hates Alsip. Move. :gulp:

JohnBasedowYoda
07-06-2006, 09:15 AM
USPS, like everyone else, hates Alsip. Move. :gulp:

I personally think our mailguy is a lazy sack of garbage. Saw him sleeping in the truck the other day and he frequently puts mail in the wrong box. I guess reading, sorting are fringe requirements at the Post Office.

We Alsipians will rise again, though. We're supposed to get our own White Castles but things are moving slowly.

Harry Potter
07-06-2006, 09:18 AM
We Alsipians will rise again,

Yes, now that the legendary Arnie Andrews is no longer calling the shots, things have to be on the up and up for the 'Slop :cool:

JohnBasedowYoda
07-06-2006, 09:37 AM
Yes, now that the legendary Arnie Andrews is no longer calling the shots, things have to be on the up and up for the 'Slop :cool:

A man that follows our politicking. I went to school with the now mayor's kid. He was a nozzle

TornLabrum
07-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Just a quick reminder to everyone that this coming Friday, July 14, is the last day to order WSI-Fest tickets and be guaranteed a seat with the group.

Edward
07-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Question, I'm off to fax in my order tomorrow. There is a space for a handling fee of $5 if the group is under 19, are they referring to the entire WSI group, or the group for which I am individually ordering? I'm assuming it's the latter. Thanks.

TornLabrum
07-12-2006, 10:34 PM
BTW, you actually have until Friday.

The $5.00 handling fee is for your individual group's tickets. And don't forget, it's for all of the tickets, not a per ticket charge.

Edward
07-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Alright, got it. Thanks a lot Torn. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

tebman
07-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Order faxed this afternoon. Hoo-hah!

Barring any processing snafus, see you all there as we march to the clincher! :gulp: