PDA

View Full Version : The Cell's hot dogs rule.

thecip
06-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Wiener and Still Champion: Cubs Hot Dogs vs. Sox Hot Dogs (http://www.thesimon.com/magazine/articles/the_banquet_of_life/01171_wiener_still_champion_cubs_hot_dogs_vs_sox_h ot_dogs.html)

Wrigley's are described as 'pink tubes.' Yuck.

LuvSox
06-19-2006, 01:02 PM
He's still a dumbass Cubs fan, weiners or not.

buehrle4cy05
06-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Who is this guy and why do we care about his opinions on U.S. Cellular Field? The whole article is basically him bashing the Cell and Sox fans.

I would get worked up over it, but nobody knows who this guy even is, so it's ok.

itsnotrequired
06-19-2006, 01:14 PM
That "article" was idiotic. He makes sweeping generalization about the Sox and their fans and then bemoans the "fact" that Sox fans think everyone at Wrigley is gay or there to watch girls.

Stupid all the way around.

McCuddy
06-19-2006, 01:20 PM
I feel dumber for having read that. If he really wants to be accurate about the "qualities" of that northside dump, he'd better revise it to include the many choruses of "Let's Go Tigers" that echo through it.

Jaffar
06-19-2006, 01:21 PM
So when Im at Sox Park, where I find myself once or twice per summer, I grit my teeth and try not to betray any emotion while I watch superior baseball on the field with superior hot dogs on my tongue.

They also serve better crow.

And humble pie.

And my heart out.

But despite that, and the (admittedly) better sight lines, and the fact that its (admittedly) easier to get in and out of the ballpark, I am still not willing to admit that Sox Park is better than Wrigley. Im sorry, but my allegiances have to stand strong somewhere.

Basically he is saying everything Sox is better but because he is a Cub fan he has to bash it.

batmanZoSo
06-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Who is this guy and why do we care about his opinions on U.S. Cellular Field? The whole article is basically him bashing the Cell and Sox fans.

I would get worked up over it, but nobody knows who this guy even is, so it's ok.
:KW
We would get worked up over it but, you know...we don't care.

Mr.1Dog
06-19-2006, 02:01 PM
It just makes me want 2 Koshers tomorrow night with onions and indulge in a margarita and possibly a churro or two. Who knows, the possibilities are endless.

TornLabrum
06-19-2006, 02:20 PM
It just makes me want 2 Koshers tomorrow night with onions and indulge in a margarita and possibly a churro or two. Who knows, the possibilities are endless.

Same here. I was wondering what I was going to grab to eat at the park tomorrow, too. Now I know.

skottyj242
06-19-2006, 02:37 PM
I've only had a hot dog at Wrigley once (for free from my girl Heather) it wasn't bad but nothing compared to a Kosher. The guy in the article infers that the dollar dogs are even better than the dogs at Wriglrey. I wonder if he's ever had the Kosher?

DSpivack
06-19-2006, 02:53 PM
I've only had a hot dog at Wrigley once (for free from my girl Heather) it wasn't bad but nothing compared to a Kosher. The guy in the article infers that the dollar dogs are even better than the dogs at Wriglrey. I wonder if he's ever had the Kosher?

I've never had a "regular" hot dog at Comiskey. What's the point?

havelj
06-19-2006, 04:26 PM
"the hand-operated scoreboard, the live organ music. The White Sox play in a soulless mall filled with flashing lights and blasting, canned music."

Huh?

They play canned music at Wrigley - poor canned music such as "YMCA" and "Get Down Tonight" by K.C. & the Sunshine Band.

We play Metallica, Van Halen, Sinatra, etc.

LongLiveFisk
06-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Anyone who has been to both parks knows that the Cell has better food. No comparison.

And we all know who has the better team. :cool:

LongLiveFisk
06-19-2006, 04:53 PM
I've never had a "regular" hot dog at Comiskey. What's the point?

The "regular" dogs at the Cell are still better than anything you'll find at Wrigley! :D:

Viva Medias B's
06-19-2006, 09:43 PM
I eat the regular hot dogs at the Cell, and they're the best I've ever had. I think one of the worst (and overpriced) I ever had was this past Friday at RFK Stadium, while watching the Yankees and Nationals. The hot dog was huge and I could only eat half of the thing.

sullythered
06-19-2006, 09:49 PM
"the hand-operated scoreboard, the live organ music. The White Sox play in a soulless mall filled with flashing lights and blasting, canned music."

Huh?

They play canned music at Wrigley - poor canned music such as "YMCA" and "Get Down Tonight" by K.C. & the Sunshine Band.

We play Metallica, Van Halen, Sinatra, etc.
And for many years, have had the best Organist in sports. I wish Nancy didn't have to go.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Same here. I was wondering what I was going to grab to eat at the park tomorrow, too. Now I know.

I recommend a funnel cake for desert.

white sox bill
06-20-2006, 07:04 AM
Haven't had a "dog" in over 20 yrs now. If you only knew what was in those things.

Thome25
06-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Obviously the writer had NOTHING on us because the Flubs have NOTHING on us.

I mean our team is better, our fans are better, our food is better, our ballpark is better and we're the WORLD CHAMPIONS. So, all he could do was sit there and bash us and our ballpark when all he was assigned to do was critique the hot dogs at each ballpark.

Pathetic. Another example of the waste of space on this planet: Flubs Fans.

TornLabrum
06-20-2006, 07:37 AM
Haven't had a "dog" in over 20 yrs now. If you only knew what was in those things.

I do. So?

thepaulbowski
06-20-2006, 08:07 AM

I do and I still love them covered in mustard & onions.... :drool:

Steelrod
06-20-2006, 08:22 AM
All beef kosher dogs are pure, good meat. No junk of any kind! The others...who knows?

Baby Fisk
06-20-2006, 08:41 AM
Anytime a fan of one team or the other does a comparison, it will be ridiculously biased and pointless (is anyone's opinion really going to be swayed by this?). It brings to mind that book about MLB's best baseball stadiums published recently by a Cubs fan. He slapped a photo of Wrigley on the cover, gave Wrigley his maximum ranking and slammed the Cell. What a surprise. He was even challenged about it by someone here in an exchange of e-mails, but the argument nowhere, as it always does.

Hey, if some people are happy spending money to sit in a stinky old ballpark, packed in tightly with a bunch of shirtless drunks to watch a fifth place team going nowhere fast, who are we to deny them their joy?

PaulDrake
06-20-2006, 09:06 AM
The "soulless mall" thing gets a little old and stale. Kind of like that ball park at Clark and Addison still living on a decades old hype. Yes the ball park, the fans, the hot dogs, the team and its supporters like this "author" are all tired and old. It has to be just awful to be a fan of that team. Nothing is going right, they are drifting painfully towards a century of futility, and there is no end in sight.

ewokpelts
06-20-2006, 09:10 AM
And for many years, have had the best Organist in sports. I wish Nancy didn't have to go.she's still there

ewokpelts
06-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Hey, if some people are happy spending money to sit in a stinky old ballpark, packed in tightly with a bunch of shirtless drunks to watch a fifth place team going nowhere fast, who are we to deny them their joy? dont need that in teal

ewokpelts
06-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Haven't had a "dog" in over 20 yrs now. If you only knew what was in those things.lips and buttholes?

jenn2080
06-20-2006, 10:43 AM
ill never get the five minutes back that it took me ot read that

white sox bill
06-20-2006, 11:31 AM
I do. So?

They are genrally considered unhealthy, high in sodium,fat,and nitrates. They are highly processed and contain perservatives not to mention other organ parts, even organs you wouldn't think of eating. Nasty. Other than that, they are fine! :)

Chip Z'nuff
06-20-2006, 11:46 AM
I heard there was pig intestine, stomach pieces, genetalia of some sort. But I tell you what when you mix it all up like that and put ketchup on it it sure tastes good!

sullythered
06-20-2006, 12:35 PM
she's still there
Yeah, but not as often. And she's leaving completely after this season, isn't she?

whitesoxfan
06-20-2006, 12:48 PM
They are genrally considered unhealthy, high in sodium,fat,and nitrates. They are highly processed and contain perservatives not to mention other organ parts, even organs you wouldn't think of eating. Nasty. Other than that, they are fine! :)

Those organ parts taste pretty damn good.

white sox bill
06-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Those organ parts taste pretty damn good.

Dahmer said the same thing!:smile:

TornLabrum
06-20-2006, 01:43 PM
I heard there was pig intestine, stomach pieces, genetalia of some sort. But I tell you what when you mix it all up like that and put ketchup on it it sure tastes good!

SACRILEGE!!!!!!

Frater Perdurabo
06-20-2006, 02:30 PM
SACRILEGE!!!!!!

Agreed. That condiment comment should get this thread roadhoused and the poster banned for sure.

:tongue: :D: :wink: :redneck

No teal because I'm not being sarcastic, simply hyperbolic! Nor would I tell a mod how to do his or her job!

Chip Z'nuff
06-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Agreed. That condiment comment should get this thread roadhoused and the poster banned for sure.

No teal because I'm not being sarcastic, simply hyperbolic! Nor would I tell a mod how to do his or her job!

Yeah everyone will eat the foulest stankiest pieces of pig insides with no problem, but you put ketchup on it ( a tomato and vinegar mix with some spices) and all hell breaks loose!

white sox bill
06-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Yeah everyone will eat the foulest stankiest pieces of pig insides with no problem, but you put ketchup on it ( a tomato and vinegar mix with some spices) and all hell breaks loose!

This reminds me of the the Miller Lite commercials "Man Law"

CLR01
06-20-2006, 02:50 PM

I will fight for anyone who enjoys ketchup on their hot dog.

http://nohatnocattle.com/jibbajabba/Hot-Dog-2.jpg

if you like chili you're gone though...

TornLabrum
06-20-2006, 03:10 PM

http://nohatnocattle.com/jibbajabba/Hot-Dog-2.jpg

:puking:

Baby Fisk
06-20-2006, 03:13 PM
:puking:
No kidding. Don't expose people to images like that!

Edward
06-20-2006, 03:22 PM
No kidding. Don't expose people to images like that!

Here's something a little easier on the eyes IMO

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8193/hotdogfancy4web7rh.gif

BoKnowsBest
06-20-2006, 03:30 PM
reading this thread made me hungry so i had to go and fire up the grill to make myself some hot dogs...not as good as at the cell but still pretty damn good

Chip Z'nuff
06-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Here's something a little easier on the eyes IMO

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8193/hotdogfancy4web7rh.gif fixed it for you

Edward
06-20-2006, 03:58 PM
You are angering the Hot Dog Gods. And by Gods I mean the The National Hot Dog & Sausage Council, and their commandments:

"Don't use ketchup on your hot dog after the age of 18."
May your buns be forever stale and your ketchup runny & bitter. :D:

LongLiveFisk
06-20-2006, 05:34 PM

I'm with you, buddy. My hot dog, my business!

DumpJerry
06-21-2006, 01:01 AM
The main difference between hot dogs at Comiskey and Wrigley?

You can buy them at Comiskey in October. :D:

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-21-2006, 01:24 AM
Kuck Fetchup! :dtroll:

CLR01
06-21-2006, 01:46 AM
Kuck Fetchup! :dtroll:

Hmmm....a ketchup hater and a language filter violation. This may be the perfect opportunity to whack a member of the anti-ketchup crowd.

Chrisaway
06-21-2006, 04:36 AM
May the battle of Chicago vs. Ketchup wage on...

Ketchup sucks!