PDA

View Full Version : These guys made me miss Farmio and Singleton

DumpJerry
06-18-2006, 11:17 PM
As I drove out of Cincy today (Sunday), I listend to the Reds' broadcast on the radio. The two announcers they have make Farmio and Singleton sound like they are jacked up on coffee and Red Bull. These guys sounded like two old men and showed equal excitement for the Reds and Sox. it sounded like Grandpa telling the kids a bedtime story....zzzzzzz. If you tuned it in, you would have thought it was a national broadcast where the announcers are to be neutral (unless you're Berman).

Maybe we should be grateful for what we have.

PKalltheway
06-18-2006, 11:38 PM
As I drove out of Cincy today (Sunday), I listend to the Reds' broadcast on the radio. The two announcers they have make Farmio and Singleton sound like they are jacked up on coffee and Red Bull. These guys sounded like two old men and showed equal excitement for the Reds and Sox. it sounded like Grandpa telling the kids a bedtime story....zzzzzzz. If you tuned it in, you would have thought it was a national broadcast where the announcers are to be neutral (unless you're Berman).

Maybe we should be grateful for what we have.
Haha awww come on now...Marty Brennaman is not that bad. He's a Hall of Fame broadcaster. I guess it's an acquired taste since I have grown up here in Cincinnati. Everybody has their favorite announcers and the ones they don't like as well, I guess. Marty must not fit your taste obviously haha! Personally, I think Vin Scully is the most boring human being on the planet. I make an attempt to watch Dodger games on Extra Innings, but I'm asleep in 10 minutes just listening to him. A lot of people, especially the ones who live in L.A., love him. Heck there are White Sox fans that don't like the Hawk (I AM NOT one of them).

Frankly Missing
06-19-2006, 01:35 AM
My 2 cents: I never get tired of Scully.

LuvSox
06-19-2006, 01:41 AM
My 2 cents: I never get tired of Scully.

I'm with ya. Scully rocks. Who else could do a game by themselves, play by play and color all in one package.

peeonwrigley
06-19-2006, 01:51 AM
I'm with ya. Scully rocks. Who else could do a game by themselves, play by play and color all in one package.

:ass

(teal)

wdelaney72
06-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Farmer and Singleton are getting better. I still wish they's hire a real radio guy to do PBP, but it's time to let that one go, because it's all said and done... kind of like Aaron Rowand playing for Philly.

EastCoastSoxFan
06-19-2006, 10:48 AM
Well, at least the Cinci TV announcers were pretty good.

I got a good laugh out of their statement near the end of the third game. It was something to the effect of, "The Reds could not possibly have been less impressive in this three-game series."

Chisox1500
06-19-2006, 11:32 AM
I thought the Reds announcers were fine. I waited as long as possible before switching over.

In the first inning I listened to Farmer-Singleton they made Phil McCracken jokes.

Jurr
06-19-2006, 11:33 AM
I'll tell you what's sad....being in Memphis and listening to Cardinals games on the radio, or listening to advertisements for the Cards broadcasts and hearing...."Edmonds hits it deeep to center field...and its....a.....GONER!!!"

:(:

itsnotrequired
06-19-2006, 11:51 AM
In the first inning I listened to Farmer-Singleton they made Phil McCracken jokes.

DJ made one of those during the Saturday game.

:rolleyes:

skottyj242
06-19-2006, 12:40 PM
I listened to the radio guys on the way into Cincy Friday night and to be honest I couldn't tell there were two guys until about the fourth inning. They sounded exactly alike and the color guy didn't say anything most of the time.

daveeym
06-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Ok, I admit I haven't listened to the radio broadcasts too often and I definitely haven't listened before the last month or so, however, Chris Singleton is not that bad. He's a bit rough still and a little slow to keep up the banter but as a whole, during the few innings I've heard him over the last month or so he's sounded alright for a rookie. He has a decent radio voice as long as he's flowing and he's pretty good at analyzing a situation. He at least knows his baseball.

I'm sure he's improved greatly since spring training and I've missed some of his "gems", but it seems people are ragging on him just to rag on him.

FedEx227
06-19-2006, 05:42 PM

http://images.usatoday.com/news/health/spotlight/_photos/2002-04-05-uecker-inside.jpg ?