PDA

View Full Version : The Boston outfield is atrocious.

cburns
06-18-2006, 10:00 PM
The Boston outfield defense is atrocious. I've been watching the Braves - BoSox game on ESPN, and it seems that a lot of balls have been falling there. Everyone knows how bad Manny is on defense, but Crisp really isn't a centerfielder, and Nixon seems like Konerko in right (no range, but makes the plays when he gets there).

StatHead21
06-19-2006, 07:39 PM
You're right about Manny and Coco, Coco can play left but he doesn't get good reads in CF. Nixon is actually one of the best defensive right fielders in the game.

caulfield12
06-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Nixon made one of the plays of the week last night, an amazing diving catch of a ball driven into the RCF gap. Dye would not have made it.

Nixon is a pretty good athlete and has a good, albeit not great, throwing arm.

Crisp is better than Pods in CFer, although hardly a recommendation

Jjav829
06-19-2006, 09:08 PM
The Boston outfield defense is atrocious. I've been watching the Braves - BoSox game on ESPN, and it seems that a lot of balls have been falling there. Everyone knows how bad Manny is on defense, but Crisp really isn't a centerfielder, and Nixon seems like Konerko in right (no range, but makes the plays when he gets there).
Yes, let me echo what the others have said about Trot. He's a good right fielder. He's really a pretty solid all-around player. If our OF situation wasn't already set for the next few years, I would like to see him here next year. Oh well...