PDA

View Full Version : so who's the odd man out?

JermaineDye05
06-18-2006, 02:51 PM
with Ryan Sweeney having a big season in AAA, and the sox already looking good with outfielders who will be the odd man out next year

caulfield12
06-18-2006, 03:15 PM
It could be Pods, although I am pretty sure they offer him arbitration for at least next season. Owens is not ready to play in the big yet from everything we've read and heard.

Anderson will be the CFer unless they make a dramatic trade, and, even then, I don't see KW taking a player for more than a half-season rental, which would give the job to BA again next year. Of course, there's the possibility they would deal Anderson in the trade for a veteran replacement, but I don't see it happening.

Sweeney is targeted to replace Dye after the 2007 season, as the White Sox are going to renew JD's deal for next season, barring a major injury.

oeo
06-18-2006, 03:23 PM
It could be Pods, although I am pretty sure they offer him arbitration for at least next season. Owens is not ready to play in the big yet from everything we've read and heard.

Anderson will be the CFer unless they make a dramatic trade, and, even then, I don't see KW taking a player for more than a half-season rental, which would give the job to BA again next year. Of course, there's the possibility they would deal Anderson in the trade for a veteran replacement, but I don't see it happening.

Sweeney is targeted to replace Dye after the 2007 season, as the White Sox are going to renew JD's deal for next season, barring a major injury.
Unless they pick up a new leadoff hitter, I don't see Pods going anywhere. We don't need what we had pre-2005, no real leadoff guy again. Sweeney will probably end up waiting it out, unless Pods is absolutely terrible. And we also have Josh Fields who may be converted to an outfielder. Not a bad problem to have, I guess.

TornLabrum
06-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Unless they pick up a new leadoff hitter, I don't see Pods going anywhere.

I understand Juan Pierre might be available.

Banix12
06-19-2006, 01:39 AM
I honestly am not sure he is ready to come up until he starts showing some more power. So far this year only 4 homers in 199 at bats (and only 7 doubles). It's a step up from last season but not by much.

Certainly I would not dream of replacing Dye with him. You don't replace a middle of the order power hitter with a low power singles hitter.

If anybody comes up to take a spot in the OF next year it would be Fields if they decide to convert him. His bat appears to be ready for the show.

If he could leadoff then maybe he could replace Pods but he doesn't seem like that type of player.
If he was a good CF then maybe Anderson could fall to the wayside but as I recall he just started playing CF recently.

As of this day barring any power explosions in the second half this season, I don't really see where he would fit in next except maybe as a backup, and I would rather see him get regular at-bats in the minors