PDA

View Full Version : Roeper / Tonight Show

Lip Man 1
06-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Richard Roeper was a guest on The Tonight Show this evening. Leno was asking him about the new movie releases. However they also talked about his new book 'Sox In The City.'

Leno admitted he wasn't a big baseball fan but that he enjoyed reading it.

The highlight of the discussion was when Roeper talked about Cub fan John Cusack showing up at U.S. Cellular Field last year looking for tickets. Roeper said 'since he's a Cub fan and was swinging both ways does that make him a bisoxual?'

Fell out of the chair laughing. Leno broke up.

Rich...nicely done!

Lip

RadioheadRocks
06-17-2006, 01:09 AM
Richard Roeper was a guest on The Tonight Show this evening. Leno was asking him about the new movie releases. However they also talked about his new book 'Sox In The City.'

The highlight of the discussion was when Roeper talked about Cub fan John Cusack showing up at U.S. Cellular Field last year looking for tickets. Roeper said 'since he's a Cub fan and was swinging both ways does that make him a bisoxual?'

Rich...nicely done!

Lip

Ba-da-boom Tishhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hitmen77
06-17-2006, 03:37 PM

Rich...nicely done!

Lip

Actually, Leno told him he went a really long way just to set up that joke.

TheDarkGundam
06-17-2006, 10:36 PM
Saw Roeper's book at Borders. There was a quote on the back that made me chuckle. Something about how JR's sons must feel hearing that being given a baseball was more emotional to their dad then their births. Pretty funny.
I didn't buy it though. It was a choice between it and Maddox's book.
Sorry Roeper, but I <3 Maddox.

*Note: That's Maddox, as in the guy with the website. Not Greg Maddux. Just making sure.

IlliniSox4Life
06-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Saw Roeper's book at Borders. There was a quote on the back that made me chuckle. Something about how JR's sons must feel hearing that being given a baseball was more emotional to their dad then their births. Pretty funny.
I didn't buy it though. It was a choice between it and Maddox's book.
Sorry Roeper, but I <3 Maddox.

*Note: That's Maddox, as in the guy with the website. Not Greg Maddux. Just making sure.

Alphabet of Manliness is HI-LARIOUS

I think it was #3 on the best sellers list.

Chisox_cali
06-18-2006, 07:29 PM
I Love Roeper, but that is a terrible joke.... :tongue:

I may have to pick up his book though, didn't even realize he had written one.