PDA

View Full Version : *official* June 17 Road Watch--Puffers

robiwho
06-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Several members of the WSI Drinking Team will be getting together to watch tomorrow's game at Puffers (3356 S. Halsted). First pitch is 5:10 p.m.

With so many of our teammates heading off to Cincinnati, chisoxfanatic, itsnotrequired, and I decided it was up to us to keep the home fires burning and the beer flowing. Rumor has it our esteemed manager may even make an appearance.

Hope you can join us.

Chips
06-16-2006, 06:17 PM
I might make it later on around 7:00ish, maybe later, maybe earlier, maybe not at all:o:

Dan Mega
06-16-2006, 06:27 PM
I'll be down in that area checking out some real estate. If I finish up early I can stop in. I haven't ever met anyone from WSI personally (that I know of) so I'll wear a name tag with my screen name.:D:

chisoxfanatic
06-16-2006, 11:14 PM
I'll be there for a few hours with a spiral notebook in hand! :smile:

TheKittle
06-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Several members of the WSI Drinking Team will be getting together to watch tomorrow's game at Puffers (3356 S. Halsted). First pitch is 5:10 p.m.

With so many of our teammates heading off to Cincinnati, chisoxfanatic, itsnotrequired, and I decided it was up to us to keep the home fires burning and the beer flowing. Rumor has it our esteemed manager may even make an appearance.

Hope you can join us.

So is this a "try out" for people who didn't make it onto the drinking team? :)

JimmyJoe
06-17-2006, 12:40 AM

Hope you can join us.

Who is our esteemed manager??:gulp:

SouthSide_HitMen
06-17-2006, 12:58 AM
Who is our esteemed manager??:gulp:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7577/1975/1600/tracey.jpg

The guy wearing the black hat who curses a lot. :D:

getonbckthr
06-17-2006, 02:43 AM
Sorry I didn't make it out but I had a grad party to go to. It started at 500 (on Friday rediculous). I just got hme. All I have to say who mentioned the Jr. Mint shot (Calua and peppermint) you have been named king-o-party. I had my friends family all doing the shot and loving it. Safe to say the whole family and all of us are ****ed up right now thank god it was only 2 blocks away theerre was noa wany I culd have drive hom.

chisoxfanatic
06-17-2006, 03:12 AM
No worries. Tonight is the 16th, not the 17th.

robiwho
06-17-2006, 10:17 AM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7577/1975/1600/tracey.jpg

The guy wearing the black hat who curses a lot. :D:

:D: I think we need to get Chips a pirate hat. The cursing is covered.

Chips
06-17-2006, 12:34 PM

I might be able to find an opening for you.

IronFisk
06-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Sorry fellas, but unless they enact a law dropping the drinking age to 8 within the next few hours, I will not be joining you. Damn legislators :redneck

chisoxfanatic
06-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Sorry fellas, but unless they enact a law dropping the drinking age to 8 within the next few hours, I will not be joining you. Damn legislators :redneck

That's ok, Mitch. Are you going to any games next week?

IronFisk
06-17-2006, 01:14 PM
I might be able to find an opening for you.
Doesn't this team have a maximum number of roster spots - or are we too drunk to care... Loo: And who are they?
Dr. Klahn: Just lost drunken men who don't know where they are and no longer care.
Prisoner #1: Where are we?
Prisoner #2: I don't care!
Loo: And these?
Dr. Klahn: These are lost drunken men who don't know where they are, but do care! And these are men who know where they are and care, but don't drink.
Prisoner #3: I don't know who I am?
Prisoner #4: And I don't drink!
Dr. Klahn: Guards! Do you care?
Prisoner #5: No.
Dr. Klahn: Put this man in cell #1, and give him a drink.
Guard: What do you drink?
Prisoner #5: I don't care.

Chips
06-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Doesn't this team have a maximum number of roster spots - or are we too drunk to care... Loo: And who are they?
Dr. Klahn: Just lost drunken men who don't know where they are and no longer care.
Prisoner #1: Where are we?
Prisoner #2: I don't care!
Loo: And these?
Dr. Klahn: These are lost drunken men who don't know where they are, but do care! And these are men who know where they are and care, but don't drink.
Prisoner #3: I don't know who I am?
Prisoner #4: And I don't drink!
Dr. Klahn: Guards! Do you care?
Prisoner #5: No.
Dr. Klahn: Put this man in cell #1, and give him a drink.
Guard: What do you drink?
Prisoner #5: I don't care.

What the ****?

IronFisk
06-17-2006, 01:16 PM
That's ok, Mitch. Are you going to any games next week?

Well, I'd love to - but I leave for London at oh-dark-thirty on Wednesday, so sad to say...nope :whiner:

itsnotrequired
06-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Alas, I will be unable to join the party this evening. Family duties call.

Begin the ripping...

Chips
06-17-2006, 02:05 PM

Begin the ripping...

You miserable piece of ****. :redneck

You probably won't even show up to the tailgate

itsnotrequired
06-17-2006, 02:07 PM
You probably won't even show up to the tailgate

In your dreams. My date skottyj242 and I will be on a mission.:cool:

Chips
06-17-2006, 02:10 PM
In your dreams. My date skottyj242 and I will be on a mission.:cool:
I bet you're wimping out because you don't want to buy me that beer. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1187024&postcount=121)

Book it Dan-O, my ass.

robiwho
06-17-2006, 05:12 PM

Begin the ripping...

Loser! You don't even deserve a bench spot!

Geeze, talk about letting the team down.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-17-2006, 05:17 PM
I can't make it, will be studying everything i missed because of the mother****ing piece of **** jury duty !!!!! I missed 16 hours of class including 4 labs. :angry: :cuss:

getonbckthr
06-17-2006, 05:53 PM
No worries. Tonight is the 16th, not the 17th.
Thats funny it shows how messed up I really was last night. I must have looked at the date on the computer and assumed yesterday was the 17th even though that was this morning.

gosox3072
06-17-2006, 06:55 PM

Ya think I could get a tryout after July 6th.....as thats when i can LEGALLY drink:D:

itsnotrequired
06-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Man, I wish I could have made it to Puffers tonight. That place must be going crazy!

The wife and I took our son to the beach for the first time today. He loved the water. The band that a bunch of our friends are in was playing there as well. A good afternoon that I wouldn't trade for anything, even a Drinking Team demotion.:cool:

chisoxmike
06-17-2006, 10:11 PM
So...any POST ITS?

cheeses_h_rice
06-18-2006, 01:49 AM
Good times had by all: Robiwho and Mr. Robiwho, Chisoxfanatic, me, Chips and Kevin57 joined us as well. Despite the lack of air conditioning in Puffer's, and the wonky keg for the Goose Islands that we kept on ordering, 'twas a good time.

Just don't be surprised if there's a coup d'etat on the WSI drinking team...the tyranny of Chips may end at some point!

:gulp:

itsnotrequired
06-18-2006, 01:51 AM
Just don't be surprised if there's a coup d'etat on the WSI drinking team...the tyranny of Chips may end at some point!

Good luick with that, busted leg.

:redneck

cheeses_h_rice
06-18-2006, 02:00 AM
Good luick with that, busted leg.

:redneck

That was Chips' favorite phrase tonight.

Are you guys in on this thing together?

:)

Chips
06-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Good times had by all: Robiwho and Mr. Robiwho, Chisoxfanatic, me, Chips and Kevin57 joined us as well. Despite the lack of air conditioning in Puffer's, and the wonky keg for the Goose Islands that we kept on ordering, 'twas a good time.

You're still on the ****ing team.

I was 100% drunk.

itsnotrequired
06-18-2006, 10:42 AM
That was Chips' favorite phrase tonight.

...and every other night...and every day.

robiwho
06-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Good times were had by all at Puffers -- I think the game had as much to do with that as the $7 pitchers of goose island.

So...any POST ITS?

I think we're all relieved that no one will be posting it! Does it still count as WSI gathering without ChiSoxGirl's camera?

The power's really gone to his head. We were on and off the team so many times we could hardly keep track. Still, I think we did the team proud.

ChiSoxGirl
06-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Sorry I wasn't able to make it last night. I was out being a friend! A good friend of mine & her husband had a Housewarming party yesterday, which she just so happened to plan around my availability :redface:, so I couldn't exactly miss that one!

Despite it being a Cubs household, we watched the Sox on a sweet 50" plasma :bandance:, but it wasn't the same without "the crew."

Chips
06-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Sorry I wasn't able to make it last night. I was out being a friend! A good friend of mine & her husband had a Housewarming party yesterday, which she just so happened to plan around my availability :redface:, so I couldn't exactly miss that one!

Despite it being a Cubs household, we watched the Sox on a sweet 50" plasma :bandance:, but it wasn't the same without "the crew."

Too bad. We had a good time. $7 pitchers of Goose Island. :gulp:

ChiSoxGirl
06-18-2006, 10:53 PM
Too bad. We had a good time. $7 pitchers of Goose Island. :gulp:

If only I could tolerate beer....

DumpJerry
06-18-2006, 11:48 PM
I checked in with Robi around the 8th inning from GABP to check on the mood. Could not call in the bottom of the 9th because Jenks had me on life support....

robiwho
06-18-2006, 11:54 PM
I checked in with Robi around the 8th inning from GABP to check on the mood. Could not call in the bottom of the 9th because Jenks had me on life support....

Thanks for making a special appearance! :gulp:

DumpJerry
06-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Thanks for making a special appearance! :gulp:
no problem! I was getting celebrity treatment from the guys in my section when they found out that "Dumpjerry is sitting here!!!" This guy sitting near me lurks on here and got excited when I told him who I am.....:D:

robiwho
06-19-2006, 12:12 AM
no problem! I was getting celebrity treatment from the guys in my section when they found out that "Dumpjerry is sitting here!!!" This guy sitting near me lurks on here and got excited when I told him who I am.....:D:

Well, you do have that effect on most people. :wink:

IronFisk
06-19-2006, 12:52 AM

You really are too damn sweet!

chisoxfanatic
06-19-2006, 01:02 AM

I heard you were sitting next to someone who knows the infamous Hangar18! :D:

chisoxfanatic
06-19-2006, 01:03 AM

That's ok! We'll see you Thursday at the pdimas tailgate!

ChiSoxGirl
06-19-2006, 03:43 PM
That's ok! We'll see you Thursday at the pdimas tailgate!

...Except that I'm not going to the pdimas tailgate on Thursday. I have another mission that I'll be on before first pitch; much to do before the game!

ChiSoxGirl
06-19-2006, 03:44 PM

:redface: Thanks!

robiwho
06-19-2006, 04:05 PM

Isn't she though? :smile:

cheeses_h_rice
06-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Isn't she though? :smile:

To quote Chisoxmike,