PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets....

THE_HOOTER
02-07-2002, 03:53 PM
sales were 11,ooo last year according to my ticket agent with the Sox.

She told me the numbers are down this year- at about 9,000.

She said hopefully things will pick up. Fat chance.

I have to be honest, for those of you who are in Chicago and do not support this team the hell with with ya!

I get a partial game package every year (5 years running) and I love every game. I can usually find friends/family/co-workers to use the tix if something comes up.

My point is there are a lot of " bandwagon Sox fans" out there who really crowded the bars in 2000 when the Sox won the division. They claim to be die hards who love the Sox.

These are the same fans who never go to a stinking game all year. Excuses like The Strike in '94, Reinsdorf, or the blue seats are pathetic.

One thing I will not do anymore is razz Cub fans for going to the park even though they lose. I think that's better than not going at all.

Thoughts....

MarqSox
02-07-2002, 04:31 PM
I can't speak for the other 40,000 Sox fans who don't show up, but how's this for an excuse... you seen tuition prices lately? Yeah, I really can't afford the 7 or 8 games I do go to, much less season tickets.

KempersRS
02-07-2002, 04:34 PM
Well, I will be goin to 1 or 2 games this year, my first Sox games ever! Of course this will be when they come to Philly...

THE_HOOTER
02-07-2002, 04:36 PM
I am talking about the fans who never show up.

You said you attend 7-8 games a year.

If Sox fans were like you, we wouldn't have this problem.

By the way Marqsox, don't eat the food at McCormick. I still have nightmares about the dorm food.

Did you go to the Cincy game on Sat? I watched it at home. Absolutely the best Marquette sports moment in my life!

bjmarte
02-07-2002, 04:56 PM
We'll I would be a hippocrite if I agreed with you 100% because I have gone on record before saying that I don't believe in supporting a team that refuses to put out a quality product. I won't root against them or for another team, but I am not gonna drop my hard earned dough on a crappy product.

Having said that, I do try to make to at least one game a year for the Sox and I think that anyone who claims to be a Sox fan and doesn't support this team is a hippocrite. Even though I don't always agree with their moves, I think that the front office has been trying to put out a good product. They tried a few things that didn't work out last year but at least they tried. And this year I think they have done an even better job of trying to improve the team. This team is good and has been getting better, and therefore worth coming out to see, since '99.

Clearly the problem isn't the fans who only come out when the Sox are good but the ones who don't come out when they are good.

MarqSox
02-07-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
I am talking about the fans who never show up.

You said you attend 7-8 games a year.

If Sox fans were like you, we wouldn't have this problem.

By the way Marqsox, don't eat the food at McCormick. I still have nightmares about the dorm food.

Did you go to the Cincy game on Sat? I watched it at home. Absolutely the best Marquette sports moment in my life!

Ha, I actually ate 90% of my meals at McCormick my freshman year. And yeah, of course I was at the Cincy game ... I was one of those students rushing the court! Of course, I spent about 2 minutes being walked on after the crowd lost its balance, but it was worth it! :D: