PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Pablo

hawkjt
06-16-2006, 01:28 PM
In looking at his game by game log , it appears that he has started 16 games this year and he has at least one hit in every game he has started!

I know he is utility man personified and you must resist temptation to over use him but I find his play this year remarkably consistent at the plate anyway.

This is one of the best ''little'' stories in baseball... a total unknown at the start of last year and he has become one of the key cogs to this teams success. I know he has his bad moments in the field and sometimes is overzealous on the basepaths but my gosh- has there ever been a more consistent contributor off the bench in recent times anyway for the sox?

Keep it happening , Pablo, keep being what hawk is now calling you, chaesio?

The Spark.

Norberto7
06-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Word.

I keep thinking "he can't keep this up...", and he doesn't.

He keeps doing better.

Though it is true, I feel Ozzie....must....resist....temptation to play him more regularly. Though, I don't think he's planning any changes.

Fake Chet Lemon
06-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Has any nut here debated whether he should play more than Pods yet? If not, I'll volunteer to at least debate it. If Pods is hurt, DL him for 15 days and let Pablo at least keep his spot warm. We need Pods healthy.

rdwj
06-16-2006, 02:14 PM
Has any nut here debated whether he should play more than Pods yet? If not, I'll volunteer to at least debate it. If Pods is hurt, DL him for 15 days and let Pablo at least keep his spot warm. We need Pods healthy.

Pods has been brutal lately - at the plate AND in the field. As much as I hate his D, I didn't mind seeing Pablo in the lineup yesterday. And in all honesty, his D seems to be better.

Still, you can't replace Pods yet. When he's on - the team is soooo much better

rowand33
06-16-2006, 02:23 PM
I love Pablo Ozuna.

I think my biggest problem with the Sox this year is that I feel a lot of our players just flat out seem like they aren't trying a lot of the time.

Not Pablo.

Pablo gives it his all everytime he's out there. His hits might not be pretty, and his fielding can be awful (but not last night. #2 webgem!), but you can never say that Pablo doesn't give you everything he has everytime he's in the lineup. And I appreciate that so much.

Here's to Pablo Ozuna finishing the season with a .400 average and 20 stolen bases :gulp: .

batmanZoSo
06-16-2006, 02:25 PM
He's gotta be the best bench guy in baseball. Always getting big hits and stealing big bases and scoring big runs. That's what happens when a player is super aggressive and totally fearless.

lizard6king6
06-16-2006, 02:27 PM
I love Pablo and all but I think we think this way because we had little or no expectations for him at the begginning of the year. While on the other hand, we had the highest expectations for Pods therefore making his sitaution seem worse and Pablos better. Pods is in a funk right now and Pablo is on a hott streak, but like all players they go through both. If Pablo bagan to play everyday he would eventually cool down and most likely go into a funk as well then we would be on here saying we want to play Pods more and Pablo is best just for utility. I think both guys are essential to the team and if we win it doesnt matter how individuals are doing. Pods will get out of his funk soon and Pablo will continue to be MR. Utility, its nice to have both of these guys on the team and they compliment eachother well and know how to pick up their teammates. I hope both get hott and get playing time (its nice that Pablo can play multiple positions) and we keep winnning.

getonbckthr
06-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Pablo is on a hott streak,
Pablo has been hot all season long its not a streak its producing when given oppertunity.

Fungo
06-16-2006, 03:01 PM
:tgordon:

"When Pablo's on, Pablo gets phone calls."

SOecks
06-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Pablo's LF defense has improved. I think many are just still scarred from that first game he played in left earlier this year and those misadventures. He hasn't been bad at all lately, and in many ways less bad than Pods' recent defense. Keep him there until Pods can get things straight if something's physically wrong with him.

shaunburnette
06-16-2006, 03:18 PM
Ozzie being Ozzie, I wouldnt be surprised if he named Pablo to the All-Star team as the starting bench player. :smile:

SOecks
06-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Ozzie being Ozzie, I wouldnt be surprised if he named Pablo to the All-Star team as the starting bench player. :smile:

That would be the coolest and funniest thing ever. You know he'd take a ton of heat for it and Pablo would come in late in the game, score the winning run, and give the Sox home field in this years World Series. Just got the chills thinking about it.

buehrle4cy05
06-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Yesterday was a perfect example of why Pablo is so dangerous. With two outs, it's not a normal bunting situation...but not for Pablo. With the corners in, Pablo dumped that one that barely made it to the outfield grass over Teixeira's head because the threat of a bunt was there.

getonbckthr
06-16-2006, 03:21 PM
:tgordon:

"When Pablo's on, Pablo gets phone calls."
Why is this a Tom Gordon quote am I missing something?

BainesHOF
06-16-2006, 03:34 PM
Pablo is a joy to watch. He's been amazing. Unbelievably, he's 10-for-15 with runners in scoring position this year.

Fungo
06-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Why is this a Tom Gordon quote am I missing something?A few years back, when Gordon played for the White Sox, he had a memorable quote, something to the effect of "When Flash is on, Flash gets phone calls".

miker
06-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Pablo's LF defense has improved.
Even if he makes a mistake, it usually isn't for lack of effort.

If by September Pablo learns how to play outfield and Brian Anderson figures out Major League pitching...dang, we'll be loaded!

nug0hs
06-16-2006, 04:30 PM
According to MLB.com, his splits for "Late Innings of Close Games" have him seeing 13 at bats with 7 hits and 4 runs, including 11 total bases. Also, he makes $500,000 per season. Great steal. Pablo never saw more than 47 ABs in any season he played in (or saw action in more than 34 games), and once the '05 Sox gave him 203 ABs in 70 games we saw his full potential. This emphasizes the fat that KW = Pure genius

getonbckthr
06-16-2006, 04:32 PM
A few years back, when Gordon played for the White Sox, he had a memorable quote, something to the effect of "When Flash is on, Flash gets phone calls".
God I wish I would remember that that sounds like comedy Gold.

DickAllen72
06-16-2006, 05:08 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4490&stc=1&d=1150491897

GOGOGOPODS
06-16-2006, 09:39 PM
I lovvvve Pablo Ozuna. He is what you call a "true" team player. He will do anything in order to help his team win. He adds such a spark onto that bench. Whenever he comes in late in ball games, everyone gets on the edge of their seat knowing HE will be the one right in the middle of the action. I loveeeee Pablo Ozuna :gulp:

IlliniSox4Life
06-16-2006, 09:54 PM
OK, enough of this, my head is starting to get cold.

cws05champ
06-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Pablo has been great the last two years for us...but he is a utiliy player still(for now). Pods should still be in LF and lead off. People often don't look at the little things that Pods does to help the team in the lead off pos. He takes lots of pitches to get the boppers behind him good looks at the pitcher even if he doesn't get on.
Don't get me wrong, Pablo has been unbelievable...but his Def in LF is brutal

cburns
06-16-2006, 10:50 PM
He tore it up in Spring Training of last year to make the team too. Batted something like .500 if I remember correctly.

jabrch
06-16-2006, 11:51 PM
Pablo 2006 reminds me a lot of Chone Figgins in 2003 and 2004. I don't know if he'd keep it up like Figgins did in 2004 and 2005 when he got 600 ABs, but heck, I enjoy watching it.