PDA

View Full Version : Brendan Donnelly Frustrated

TheKittle
06-16-2006, 04:08 AM
He's upset with his role with the Angels. Maybe KW looks to dealing with the Angels? Personally I can't get over the fact that Donnelly is a ****ing scab but he has been a good productive reliever.

A couple quotes from the article.

Donnelly is getting his innings he entered Thursday with a 3.42 earned-run average in 26 1/3 innings

"If my time is up here, don't hold me back from helping someone else."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-angrep16jun16,1,2765161.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

Grzegorz
06-16-2006, 05:43 AM
At what cost? Who will the White Sox have to relinquish?

santo=dorf
06-16-2006, 06:28 AM
Why would the Angels trade to the Sox? We would have to really overwhelm them.

Deuce
06-16-2006, 06:48 AM
With Colon coming back, the Angels are going to make a push here. If they can make up a few games, they can be right back in it. I don't expect them to make any moves until they are certain their season is done.

Deuce

TornLabrum
06-16-2006, 07:29 AM
As I recall Donnelly was only effective when he was getting away with doctoring the ball. No thanks. I don't want my cheaters to be stupid enough to get caught.

boiler up
06-16-2006, 09:47 AM
no cheaters on my team, please.

tebman
06-16-2006, 09:55 AM
no cheaters on my team, please.
Let the Cubs have them.

:corker

DaleJRFan
06-16-2006, 11:55 AM
He's upset with his role with the Angels. Maybe KW looks to dealing with the Angels? Personally I can't get over the fact that Donnelly is a ****ing scab but he has been a good productive reliever.

A couple quotes from the article.

Donnelly is getting his innings he entered Thursday with a 3.42 earned-run average in 26 1/3 innings

"If my time is up here, don't hold me back from helping someone else."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-angrep16jun16,1,2765161.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

I'm sure this will go over really well with Scoscia. I seriously doubt he's going to give this guy many chances in "games that matter" after this teenie-fit. Besides, why use Donnelly when you can use Scot Shields? Does anyone really blame Scoscia and side with Donnelly?? I doubt it.

caulfield12
06-16-2006, 02:25 PM
He gave up a walk and a hit right away in the 8th inning last night, which forced Scioscia to go to K-Rod for 5 outs.

I don't think Donnelly did himself any favors by his performance against the lowly Royals. When your manager doesn't have the confidence to let you pitch out of a jam with a 2-1 lead against the Royals 9 (at home, to boot), that's not saying much.

Domeshot17
06-16-2006, 03:51 PM
not risking gettin another vacation here, but Donnelly used a ton of profane language when my gf asked him for an autogtraph once. KROD came over and told kate to not worry he was an *******. For a team that is suppose to have good clubhouse chemistry, We dont need any *******s.

DickAllen72
06-16-2006, 05:17 PM
I don't like Donnelly. I'd take Scott Shields if the Angels were silly enough to trade him for Javy Vazquez. :tongue:

getonbckthr
06-16-2006, 05:59 PM
I don't like Donnelly. I'd take Scott Shields if the Angles were silly enough to trade him for Javy Vazquez. :tongue:
A) who are the ANGLES?
B)Why would you wish we dealt Javy for Shields? I could see use of teal but deep pink?

DickAllen72
06-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Why would you wish we dealt Javy for Shields?

Because Shields is good. Shields would be a big improvement over McCarthy in the pen while there wouldn't be much loss from Vazquez to McCarthy in the rotation.

And it's in deep pink because it will never happen.

Oh, and excuse me for the typo.

caulfield12
06-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Except for the lack of depth in the rotation (with the way Garland and Garcia are going, you never know)...and the only solution would be to make Shields a starter again, unless you want to see Charles Haeger out there again. Of course, then you would have the same problem again, unless Riske really is the answer, and is Riske is the answer, no need to trade Vazquez. If you could get them to take Garcia, I might actually think about it. But that's not going to happen either...it's not too often you hear of a trade of an established starter for a reliever, unless it's a closer. Of course, for the White Sox, it would be a cost-saving move as well to give them more flexibility for acquisitions in July at the deadline.

The bullpen would be stronger, AS LONG AS none of our starters went down. We have insurance with McCarthy, Cotts and Thornton that few teams have...of course, it would take the latter two a month to adjust, but both could start if needed. Thornton has actually mentioned a number of times he would like to become a starter.