PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Package Info

CubKilla
02-07-2002, 02:04 PM
I was just wondering if any of the Sox fans on WSI have received any info from the White Sox on the 8 to 28 games a year ticket packages in the mail. I remember getting my info in the mail in January of 2001 (just before SOXFEST) and find it hard to believe that Jerry and Co would not send me any info this year considering I ordered some 32 tickets last year. Anybody know what's going on or when this info should be mailed out?

DrCrawdad
02-07-2002, 02:39 PM
Any word on the 7 game package? When do they go on sale?

Kilroy
02-07-2002, 02:43 PM
Well, I've already paid for my 27 game pkg, and I think the 7 game goes on sale when individual game tix go on sale since you pick and choose what games you want. But I'm not 100% sure on that. I've never bought it...

MarqSox
02-07-2002, 03:20 PM
Anybody know what the protocol is gonna be for All Star tickets next year? I'm assuming tickets will be gone by the time they reach the general public, but do I need to buy season tickets before next spring (like, this spring) in order to have a shot?

Foulke You
02-07-2002, 03:41 PM
I bought the 7 game package last year. They usually start selling them aprox. 1 week before individual tix go on sale. You can pick and choose your games and price range of tix. Last year I got the $20.00 seats for Opening Day, the entire Flubby series, 1 against Boston, 1 against Texas, and 1 against Detroit. It's actually a good deal because you buy six games and the 7th one is only $1 a ticket. The best thing about this package is that you can fax your order in before single game tix go on sale and you'll get good seats and you won't have to stand in line. All of my seats were row 11 or 12 behind the bullpen sports bar on the lower level. I recommend it if you go to at least 7 games a season. It'll save you money and it's more convenient.

irish rover
02-08-2002, 10:37 AM
From my understanding that tickets are going on sale later this year becasue the sox are switching to tickets.com

Plus season tickets (non renewal) didn't go on sale until after sox fest I believe

DrCrawdad
02-08-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by irish rover
From my understanding that tickets are going on sale later this year becasue the sox are switching to tickets.com

Plus season tickets (non renewal) didn't go on sale until after sox fest I believe

Oh boy!

Last year had nothing but trouble buying tickets from Tickets.com the day single game tickets went on sale for the Cubbies. It took me hours to get thru and when I finally did I was only able to get tickets for one of the Sox games at Wrigley.

I hope they've improved.

Foulke You
02-11-2002, 01:03 PM
No foolin'! Tickets.com was a nightmare last year. Last year after about 4 hours of trying all friggin' day, I was only able to get nosebleeders for the Thursday and Friday games and Sat. was sold out. While I welcome someone to challenge Ticketbastard...er Ticketmaster's ridiculously high "convenience charges", I wish they had a smoother running website.

Nellsin
02-11-2002, 03:55 PM
Late on this post F'n - sorry -- the mailing must have gone out last week, mine arrived Saturday.

DrCrawdad
02-11-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Nellsin
Late on this post F'n - sorry -- the mailing must have gone out last week, mine arrived Saturday.

Are you talking about a mailing for the 7 game package? I'm interested in getting that again this year. I'd like to find out ASAP so I can get the order in before single game tickets go on sale.

Nellsin
02-11-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad

Are you talking about a mailing for the 7 game package? I'm interested in getting that again this year. I'd like to find out ASAP so I can get the order in before single game tickets go on sale.

Nope, this doesn't talk about the 7-game plan except on the tear-off postcard ("tell me more"). I assume you can find out by calling 312-674-1000 during business hours or it says here you can email - tickets@chisox.com.

BTW, the phone recording says single game tickets go on sale Sat. 3/23.

Foulke You
02-12-2002, 12:54 PM
I was assured by a Sox ticket representative that the 7 game package will go on sale BEFORE the single game tix go on sale. He said it will probably go on sale a week before. Cutting it a little close but still plenty of time to get your order in.

irish rover
02-12-2002, 02:36 PM
my ticket guy told me that the 7 game package should be available on or around 03/01 online or by calling the sox. Also this week season ticket holders will be getting order forms for more opening day and sox/cub game tickets

Cheryl
02-12-2002, 03:28 PM
Single game tickets go on sale March 23rd. Isn't that kind of late? Can they assure us it will be bone-chillingly cold and maybe raining that day while we're standing in that line?

Also, has anyone seen anything about a sleepover game in June? There's a guy on the listserv that mentioned it in passing, but that's all the info.

irish rover
02-12-2002, 03:34 PM
I over heard a woman who works for the sox talking about it. She said that she wasn't with PR but from what she knew it was June 8th. People spend the night at midnight they are going to show a movie on the big screen. The next day people go to the sox game. I just hope they do not replace picnic in the park

duke of dorwood
02-12-2002, 03:50 PM
Only season ticket holders, 27 or full get the shot at All Star tix I was told

Cheryl
02-12-2002, 04:07 PM
Gonna be a sea of blue seats at the All Star game.

Cheryl
02-12-2002, 04:21 PM
I was intrigued enough by the sleepover I checked the schedule. I will not be spending $250 to see them play the Expos.

irish rover
02-13-2002, 09:03 AM
Cheryl, where did you get the info on how much it cost

CubKilla
02-13-2002, 10:39 AM
Who cares who they're playing? If it means that me and my friends can Bring Our Own Beer (BOOB), talk with and meet other WS fans, and maybe throw a ball around, I'd be all for it. But would the sleepover be on the OF grass or the cement of the parking lot? I figure it's probably gonna be in the parking lot.