PDA

View Full Version : Free Stuff You Get At Games

ohiosoxfan12
06-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Since I mostly go to games in Cinci or Cleveland to see the Sox, I get stuck with all kinds of free junk (ex. last game i got a cooler) from those stadiums, I was wondering what people do with the free stuff that they don't want and stuff from other teams. I wish I could trade it for sox stuff. It might be a stupid question, and I'm sure most people just throw it away, but I'm just curious.

chisoxfanatic
06-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Since I mostly go to games in Cinci or Cleveland to see the Sox, I get stuck with all kinds of free junk (ex. last game i got a cooler) from those stadiums, I was wondering what people do with the free stuff that they don't want. I wish I could trade it for sox stuff. It might be a stupid question, and I'm sure most people just throw it away, but I'm just curious.

I've given a couple things to my little sister, and she's loved them. She's become a Sox fan for life. :bandance:

Huisj
06-16-2006, 02:09 AM
I went to a Sox game in Detroit way back in like 1996 or '97 and we got 2 little backpacks with Tigers logos on them. They were extremely basic--just one big pouch that gets pulled shut by the arm straps that act like a drawstring around the top of it, but they were make out of some really thick nice hefty material. I've still got both of them. One of them still gets used as a baseball bag to carry around a bunch of old balls easily in case anyone ever wants to do a little BP somewhere, and the other one has my tennis racket and tennis balls in it (it's perfect for carrying that stuff on a bike like I've often done). I gotta say, that was the best ballpark giveaway I've ever gotten, even if they do have old english D's on them.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-16-2006, 02:32 AM
are we talking about promotions? im confuzzled!

RealMenWearBlack
06-16-2006, 02:47 AM
I remember one mousepad promo a few years ago where most people threw them out. I didn't get there early, so I didn't get one, but apparently it didn't even have a Sox logo on it.

Deebs14
06-16-2006, 04:01 AM
I've gotten free **** from Milwaukee, Cincy, Detroit, Cleveland and Chicago. I've utilized all of that ****, mainly because I'm a cheap bastard. :redneck

Hell, half of the damn shirts I own I've gotten for free. :gulp:

StockdaleForVeep
06-16-2006, 04:16 AM
Only promo's i have gotten was the sox calendar given out this year cuz a cub friend of mine went and got like 20. The good one i got was a jose cuervo beach towl for people over 21, entrance person asked "are u 21" i go "uh, yea" and got one. This was in i wanna say 2004 and i was 20

batmanZoSo
06-16-2006, 09:15 AM
Only promo's i have gotten was the sox calendar given out this year cuz a cub friend of mine went and got like 20. The good one i got was a jose cuervo beach towl for people over 21, entrance person asked "are u 21" i go "uh, yea" and got one. This was in i wanna say 2004 and i was 20

And I bet you went right in the park and drank the towel. "Are you 21?" has replaced showing ID? Some fine security we have. :rolleyes:

DumpJerry
06-16-2006, 09:22 AM
I get freebies all the time at the park. The women sitting around me buy me free beer al game long until Final Call. :wink:

Can't figure out why they do this for me.

buehrle4cy05
06-16-2006, 11:20 AM
I gave away my replica World Series ring.

ChetChat
06-16-2006, 11:26 AM
I get freebies all the time at the park. The women sitting around me buy me free beer al game long until Final Call. :wink:

Can't figure out why they do this for me.

Oh, the pressure at my next game with Dumpjerry....:o:

Max Power
06-16-2006, 12:19 PM
I saw the Sox in Minneapolis last September on Johan Santana bobblehead night. Sure he owns us (and most everyone else), but I have the bobblehead displayed on a shelf with the rest of my collection- I only have a few. The collection also includes a Ben Sheets that I got in Milwaukee a couple years ago.
I always keep the kind of stuff, Sox or not.

whitesoxwilkes
06-16-2006, 12:20 PM
I saw the Sox in Minneapolis last September on Johan Santana bobblehead night. Sure he owns us (and most everyone else), but I have the bobblehead displayed on a shelf with the rest of my collection- I only have a few. The collection also includes a Ben Sheets that I got in Milwaukee a couple years ago.
I always keep the kind of stuff, Sox or not.
Anyone want a Cleveland Indians luggage tag I got at their last home game last season?

dickallen15
06-16-2006, 12:50 PM
The greatest giveaway I was ever at was in the mid 80s. Umbrella night. Sure enough, about the 4th inning it started raining. It was the perfect giveaway.

I want Mags back
06-16-2006, 12:53 PM
I just remembered that i donno where i Put my rally sock from opening night. ****. Cant wait for World Series hats next sunday.

dickallen15
06-16-2006, 01:16 PM
I just remembered that i donno where i Put my rally sock from opening night. ****. Cant wait for World Series hats next sunday.

I still think they should be giving out World Series Commemorative Brooms when the Astros come back to town.

BeefyD
06-16-2006, 01:17 PM
I still think they should be giving out World Series Commemorative Brooms when the Astros come back to town.

No, but they ARE giving away the mini-WS Banners on the 23rd against the 'stros...

WSDaytonOH
06-16-2006, 01:18 PM
[quote=ohiosoxfan12]Since I mostly go to games in Cinci or Cleveland to see the Sox

Free stuff all weekend long in Cincy. Water bottle on Father's day. If you don't want any of it...

Baby Fisk
06-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Anybody need a Toronto Blue Jays shower curtain? Never used.