PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Suck It Showalter 6/15/2006 Postgame Thread

Unregistered
06-15-2006, 09:42 PM
Attaboy Pablo. You too, MB.

:supernana:

whitesoxwilkes
06-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Forget beanballs, just rub their noses in it with squeezes and longballs.

Great game, have at it...

Huisj
That's a good way to retaliate, make them look like crap. Awesome game.

hi im skot
Lovely!!!!

Pablo!
Buehrle!

This team is TOUGH!

samram
06-15-2006, 09:44 PM
This was the best retaliation possible. Don't let the Rangers think they're worth anymore than another W.

cbotnyse
06-15-2006, 09:45 PM
my only complaint is that we didnt score 20 runs and they scored any.

great payback. gotta love it:gulp:

Dan Mega
Yes!

Brian26
Uribe had a game too.

veeter
Great game. Scotty better get some energy or Pablo is going to replace him.

1951Campbell
Okay, now I'll say the Rangers have been pwned.

VivaOzzie
06-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Don't forget about Uribe. Great game with the glove AND the bat. Way to play pissed off, guys!:gulp:

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Uribe had a game too.

Seconded

DickAllen72
06-15-2006, 09:47 PM
There!

Take that, Bucky boy!

MarySwiss
06-15-2006, 09:47 PM
Pick to click could've been a number of guys. Ozuna rates a shout-out, but I'm going with Burls.

Kogs35
06-15-2006, 09:49 PM
this was really fun to watch tonight, great job boys!!:gulp: :bandance: :bandance: now go take care of business in cincy

Zisk77
06-15-2006, 09:54 PM
paulie looked like he was on every pitch as well. Here comes Juan!!

chisoxfanatic
06-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Okay, now I'll say the Rangers have been pwned.

Yes! They had TRUE revenge on the beaning incidents from last night. Taking three of four from a former AL West divisional leader is huge. Ozuna was huge, as was Buehrle.

We now can go into Cincinnati and beat them around too. Here's hoping that Freddy, Jose, and Jon can get it done.

DickAllen72
06-15-2006, 09:56 PM
paulie looked like he was on every pitch as well. Here comes Juan!!

When Juan gets hot, he can carry a team for a month or so. This would be a great time with interleague play coming up.

soxinthecity
06-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Payback!!! :bandance:

The way it's done!!!:bandance:

Hendu
06-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Gotta like it. Unlike Texas, we can dominate a team and win a game without having to play silly beanball intimidation games.

Unless Vazquez is pitching, then we're in trouble.

Hendu
06-15-2006, 10:14 PM
When Juan gets hot, he can carry a team for a month or so. This would be a great time with interleague play coming up.

Not to mention, if Juan gets hot, it's going to help BA immensely.

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2006, 10:15 PM
This was not real payback. No Rangers got drilled. The Sox have no heart. No one respects them. The Rangers ran all over them tonight. Ozzie's wee-wee really must be so much smaller than Showalter's!

Seriously, this was a great win. This is PRECISELY the kind of revenge they needed. Good to see Thome pull out of his mini-drought with that 460+ foot moon shot (the Rangers radio guys thought the 435 estimate was way too short). Nice to see Buehrle have a Buehrle-like start, too. Ozuna may need to get more starts as the leadoff hitter, too. He's always igniting something.

:supernana:

whitesoxfan
06-15-2006, 10:17 PM
3 out of 4 in Texas. We only won 1 game in Texas out of 6 games last year. Job well done guys. We always struggle at Texas, but to take 3 of 4 from a 1st place team is a real nice feat to have. Big win tonight; hopefully it'll give us some momentum going into Cincy and we'll do the same thing to the Reds as we did to Texas :smile:

btw, Buehrle was great tonight.

Tragg
06-15-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm watching the post-game interview of the Rangers' losing pitcher: "Just gave up a lot of broken bat hits"; "just bad luck that the broken back hits found holes" "I had good stuff".
I only saw the game after he was yanked, so I don't know.

Showalter was more respectful to the World Champs in his interview.

Senerch23
06-15-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm watching the post-game interview of the Rangers' losing pitcher: "Just gave up a lot of broken bat hits"; "just bad luck that the broken back hits found holes" "I had good stuff".

How many times have we heard this rubbish now for the past season and a half? It's starting to get ridiculous that these teams just can't accept that they have been beaten by a better team.

jdm2662
06-15-2006, 10:38 PM
This is how you stick it up to a team's ass my friends. Well done Sox!

Fornelli
06-15-2006, 10:41 PM

I saw just as many broken bats on the Ranger side of the ball too, yet for some reason they didn't get 8 runs.

As far as tomorrow, am I the only one worried about Freddy in Great American Ballpark? He's been giving up long balls left and right, and well, the GAB plays like a little league field.

oeo
06-15-2006, 10:42 PM

That's a bunch of bull****. The Sox were hitting the ball hard off of him. The only one that I can think of that lead to runs, that was not hit hard, was Ozuna's bloop 2-RBI single. But he's Pablo Ozuna, live with it.

hi im skot
06-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Don't forget about Uribe. Great game with the glove AND the bat. Way to play pissed off, guys!:gulp:

Yes!

Juan was excellent tonight!

Cheers, guys!

LuvSox
06-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Anyone know how far Thome's bomb went?

oeo
06-15-2006, 10:48 PM

Someone in the Game Thread said the Ranger's announcers had it estimated at 435 feet.

hi im skot
06-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Texas announcers said it was announced at 430 or 435.

rumbleseat16
06-15-2006, 10:54 PM
great win tonight. total mental toughness and kicked their asses on the field ....i am old school like Hawk though...i wanted a piece of Padilla after that game last night....

tebman
06-15-2006, 11:03 PM

To infinity, and beyond!
http://www.wwujd.com/unclejessevs_files/Buzz-Lightyear.jpg

(...oh, and I *luuvvv* sqeeze plays!)

:bandance:

SouthSide_HitMen
06-15-2006, 11:06 PM
You can always tell the result by the post game thread count.

Every starter had a hit, Buehrle pitched another gem, two starters get the day off and we still take 3 of 4 from the drillrods. Thornton with a perfect ninth ends it and now it is off to Cincinnati before returning home against 2005's NCLS participants.

Love the pitching matchups this weekend - expecially with our awesome AL offense invading The Great American Ballpark.

Two songs tonight:

But where are the (dark) clouds?
Send in the (dark) clouds
Don't bother, they're here :redneck

Isn't it rich? Isn't it queer?
Losing my timing this late in my career
But where are the clowns?
There ought to be clowns.
Maybe next year. :cool:

-Frank Sinatra

Bobby Hebb finish the set:

Sunny, yesterday my life was filled with rain.
Sunny, you smiled at me and really eased the pain.
The dark days are gone, and the bright days are here,
My Sunny one shines so sincere.
Sunny one so true, I love you.

TornLabrum
06-15-2006, 11:11 PM
How many times have we heard this rubbish now for the past season and a half? It's starting to get ridiculous that these teams just can't accept that they have been beaten by a better team.

I think it's kind of fun flying under the radar even after you've won the World Series. I hope the clowns at ESPN and Fox, the rest of the media, and other managers keep thinking that way.

NDSox12
06-15-2006, 11:13 PM
Wow... just got home after a long day. I was pleasantly surprised to see, not only another win against Texas, but another quality deal by the sneaky KW. Riske should fit in nicely in the pen.

Chips
06-15-2006, 11:14 PM
:winner

Hell yeah. :supernana:

CHISOXFAN13
06-15-2006, 11:19 PM

I'll let you know after it lands!

:)

rdwj
06-15-2006, 11:32 PM
LOVED the squeeze!

Anyone else think that was supposed to be a bit of a jab?

Vernam
06-16-2006, 12:01 AM
You can always tell the result by the post game thread count.I was thinking the same thing when I saw just three pages to the thread. Maybe other people got stuck downtown like I did due to the Metra problem this afternoon (linky (http://tinyurl.com/jqzw2)). Gives new meaning to the term "bad acid trip." :(:

After watching the Tivo replay, I can confirm I'm completely pissed that Buehrle didn't pop someone to make up for last night.

Seriously, Uribe is finally swinging like he can. Burls pitched great. And I loved that hand grenade Ozuna tossed behind 1B to score two.

Awesome thread title! Farmer was making fun of how Showalter wears a jacket even when it's sweltering. I say we activate Farmio for July 21 and be done with it. :cool:

Vernam

RadioheadRocks
06-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Two songs tonight:

Don't bother, they're here :redneck

Isn't it rich? Isn't it queer?
Losing my timing this late in my career
But where are the clowns?
There ought to be clowns.
Maybe next year. :cool:

-Frank Sinatra

Bobby Hebb finish the set:

Sunny, yesterday my life was filled with rain.
Sunny, you smiled at me and really eased the pain.
The dark days are gone, and the bright days are here,
My Sunny one shines so sincere.
Sunny one so true, I love you.

Dinah Washington adding to the set:

"What a difference a day makes
Twenty-four little hours..." :bandance:

Nellie_Fox
06-16-2006, 12:13 AM
You can always tell the result by the post game thread count.

Don't bother, they're here And you can usually count on a "dark cloud" reference, too. :rolleyes:

fuzzy_patters
06-16-2006, 12:43 AM
It's good to see Buehrle pitching better. His numbers are not all that bad considering that he has not really pitched as well as he can. I bet his ERA will be under 3.00 by the end of the season.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-16-2006, 12:44 AM
And you can usually count on a "dark cloud" reference, too. :rolleyes:

"Glad such a poor (hitting or pitching depending on score) team finally won a game."

"This win doesn't make up for the fact the Sox need a new (bullpen, starter, centerfielder, shortstop)."

"The Sox will be lucky to win tomorrow with XXXXXXXX on the mound."

"Detroit won, Cleveland won - the Sox accomplished nothing tonight."

"The Sox were lucky tonight and they only beat bad teams like the (insert opponent)."

I leave this thread with an encore performance

Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see

http://z.about.com/d/huntsville/1/0/7/m/blueskies.jpg

pearso66
06-16-2006, 01:16 AM
LOVED the squeeze!

Anyone else think that was supposed to be a bit of a jab?

Let me start off by saying, I was at the game, my first time seeing the Sox on the road. Great park, nice fans, park EMPTY. 1/4 of the fans at the game had to have been Sox fans, and it seemed there were only about 8,000 there. The park looks great, but that's about it, there is no Character to anything there.

Back to the squeeze, from my seats, I thought Crede was doing a straight steal of home, I was so relieved when I saw Uribe put the bunt down.

Deebs14
06-16-2006, 02:39 AM
Very nice game overall...it was especially nice seeing that Thome blast right in front of my buddy who's a bigtime Tribe fan. :smile:

Just keep winning series. :gulp:

Grzegorz
06-16-2006, 04:47 AM
What a relief to see Buehrle pitch well against a strong offensive team. On to Cincinnati; time to sweep the Reds!

batmanZoSo
06-16-2006, 08:12 AM
What a relief to see Buehrle pitch well against a strong offensive team. On to Cincinnati; time to sweep the Reds!

Buehrle is $ against Texas--8-1 lifetime now. There were no worries going in.

MsSoxVixen22
06-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Good to see Mark back to being well Mark! :D: I knew he'd come out of his funk! Pablo's looking good out there....Pods better stay on top of his game. I got a chuckle out of Hawk's new nickname for Pablo, El Chespo (sp?) too funny! What a blast by Big Jim! :bandance: That's the way to show 'em boys! Let the bats do your talking! On to Cincy!

Deuce
06-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Buehrle is $ against Texas--8-1 lifetime now. There were no worries going in.And the one time he lost, there was something fishy going on... and I'm not talking Abe Vigoda fishy.

Mercy!
06-16-2006, 11:01 AM
I got a chuckle out of Hawk's new nickname for Pablo, El Chespo (sp?) too funny!
Pablo 'El Chispa' Ozuna

[I don't know how Spanish works. Can you use "El" with a feminine noun?]

SOXPHILE
06-16-2006, 11:33 AM
:hawk
"...and THAT, is a good, ol' fashioned Texas sized ass kicking !"

Great game all around. Perfect revenge for all the crap Bucky and his boy Padilla pulled the night before. Taking 3 of 4 from them...at home. Now go into Cincy and smack around the Reds too.

Baby Fisk
06-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Who does the play by play for Texas, Donny Osmond?