PDA

View Full Version : Gas Can strikes again

Ol' No. 2
06-15-2006, 03:51 PM
Coughs up 2 in the 8th.

Adam Caldarelli (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cubicle/cs-060615cubscubicle,1,4546431.column?coll=cs-home-headlines) is fast becoming one of my favorite writers:
Third baseman Aramis Ramirez summed up thusly the Cubs' latest loss at Wrigley, the team's 14th in the last 20 games at Murphy's annex:

"We just haven't gotten it done here, somehow. The other team always scores more runs than we do."

Now that it's clear Ramirez understands the rules of the game, a fact that was in doubt after he headed a ball last month in an apparent nod to the upcoming World Cup, perhaps the Cubs can muster more runs than the opposition today.

Baby Fisk
06-15-2006, 03:57 PM
Oh damn, that is funny! :roflmao:

monkeypants
06-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Murphy's annex.

Brilliant!

Ol' No. 2
06-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Oh damn, that is funny! :roflmao:Some of the reader comments are pretty good, too.
1. Anyome wondering why the Sox dumped Howry and Eyre?
Submitted by: Hawk
3:59 PM CDT, Jun 15, 2006
40. Did you hear Pete Rose is moving to Wrigleyville? He is fulfilling his lifetime ban to stay away from Major League Baseball.
Submitted by: Die Laughing
3:47 PM CDT, Jun 15, 2006
53. Ah, but all that matters is what happens from here on out. It would help if the Cubs would keep punching the other team's players everytime they score.
Submitted by: The Season
3:43 PM CDT, Jun 15, 2006

itsnotrequired
06-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Coughs up 2 in the 8th.

Adam Caldarelli (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cubicle/cs-060615cubscubicle,1,4546431.column?coll=cs-home-headlines) is fast becoming one of my favorite writers:

I always enjoy reading his "From The Cubicle" rantings during games. Good stuff, Cubs or Sox.

Hitmen77
06-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Man, the Tigers are just going to clobber the Cubs this weekend. The Cubs even made sure they don't have to face Zambozo.

Considering law of averages, I expect the Sox to lose at least a game in the standings by Sunday before we start gaining ground again next week.

Hawkeroo1980
06-15-2006, 04:47 PM
i will never grow tired of watching that team up north lose ballgames

I just wish they could assemble a team for this weekend to at least take a game from the tigers

QCIASOXFAN
06-15-2006, 04:51 PM
i will never grow tired of watching that team up north lose ballgames

I just wish they could assemble a team for this weekend to at least take a game from the tigers They should steal at least one game in that series, for some reason they can always do good against good teams but get the **** beat out of them by pathetic squads.

LuvSox
06-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Cubs suck, now and forever.

CaptainBallz
06-15-2006, 05:25 PM
With the way most of my Cubbie friends are talking, they'll actually get a kick out of watching their pathetic team get wallopped by Detroit, just because it'll piss me off. It's not like the Cubs are playing for anything this year, they might as well be spoilers.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-15-2006, 05:40 PM
The goal of cub fans is to anger us and beat us, they live for no other reason. Losing to Detroit wouldn't please them more. :angry:

Ol' No. 2
06-15-2006, 05:44 PM
The goal of cub fans is to anger us and beat us, they live for no other reason. Losing to Detroit wouldn't please them more. :angry:If the White Sox playoff hopes depend in any way, shape or form on getting help from the Cubs, they're ****ed. Assume the Tigers are going to sweep and move on.

The Immigrant
06-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Adam Caldarelli should expect a meeting request from Andy "House Organ" McPhail. :redneck

oeo
06-15-2006, 05:53 PM
If the White Sox playoff hopes depend in any way, shape or form on getting help from the Cubs, they're ****ed. Assume the Tigers are going to sweep and move on.

As long as we continue to stay close to the Tigers right now, I think the Sox will run away with the division in the second half. We don't need the Flubs to help us. One game would be nice, but if not, oh well.

hellenicsoxfan
06-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Prior is supposed to pitch Sunday if all goes well, and he seems to do well coming off the DL (one hit the Sox last year in 6 or 7 innings), so that may be the losers best chance to actually beat the tigers.

rookie
06-15-2006, 06:08 PM
I wish they could just pretend that the Tigers are the Cardinals. They always manage to get it going to play the Cardinals.

SOXSINCE'70
06-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Some friends at work dangled a free invite to this game (and $30.00
food money) to me.I couldn't resist.One of my friends was a Sox fan,
one was a die hard sCrUBS fan,and one was a Sox fan who said
she "liked both teams":rolleyes: . As soon as that piece of dung Howry
came in,I blurted out "Here it is! The Astros will win this game!" .
The 'Stros fans enjoyed my comment.Sure enough,2 singles and a
walk later,Brad Ausmus made my day.:bandance:

This Sox fan went home happy.This despite the fact that
the bus that was to take my friends and I to the train station
1 mile from the park broke down 12 times before we reached our
destination.:rolleyes:

Brian26
06-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Great throw by Jacques Jones in the top of the 8th. :kneeslap:

oeo
06-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Prior is supposed to pitch Sunday if all goes well, and he seems to do well coming off the DL (one hit the Sox last year in 6 or 7 innings), so that may be the losers best chance to actually beat the tigers.

Tampa Bay should have taken 2/4 from them. I've been saying it all year, the Tigers are not that good. The Cubs suck, but they can take a game or two.

JB98
06-15-2006, 10:03 PM

Even if Prior pitches, he'll only throw five or six innings. The Tigers will cream the Cubbie 'pen, and Rogers will shut down the Cubbie offense.

Rob190
06-15-2006, 11:53 PM
Although in Howry's defense, they had bad breakdown defensively.

SBSoxFan
06-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Although in Howry's defense, they had bad breakdown defensively.

That's what happens when you have a second baseman playing first. Too bad they didn't trade for a first baseman to take over for Lee. Oh wait, they finally did, and he was sitting on the bench. :rolleyes:

PaulDrake
06-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Prior is supposed to pitch Sunday if all goes well, and he seems to do well coming off the DL (one hit the Sox last year in 6 or 7 innings), so that may be the losers best chance to actually beat the tigers. Just like I said with Kerry Wood, what do you think the over/under is on Prior's starts before he goes back on the DL? I already won a bet with a north side fan on Wood.