PDA

View Full Version : One of the dumbest trade ideas ever

caulfield12
06-15-2006, 01:52 PM
from chicagosports.com mailbag with Mark Gonzalez.

Hey, Mark, what do you think of this idea that would kill two birds with one stone: The White Sox send Juan Uribe and Jose Contreras to San Francisco for Omar Vizquel and a middle reliever like Steve Kline or Jeremy Accardo. Omar is a defensive stud who is still hitting over .300 at age 39. The time to move Contreras is now while he's hot. This also opens up a spot for Brandon McCarthy and helps the bullpen at the same time. Thanks for the great column! --Dan Jukic, Durham, N.C.

munchman33
06-15-2006, 01:58 PM

Hey, Mark, what do you think of this idea that would kill two birds with one stone: The White Sox send Juan Uribe and Jose Contreras to San Francisco for Omar Vizquel and a middle reliever like Steve Kline or Jeremy Accardo. Omar is a defensive stud who is still hitting over .300 at age 39. The time to move Contreras is now while he's hot. This also opens up a spot for Brandon McCarthy and helps the bullpen at the same time. Thanks for the great column! --Dan Jukic, Durham, N.C.

Yeah, Contreras has definately just been hot lately. :rolleyes:

Madvora
06-15-2006, 01:59 PM
A post like that would get someone banned here.

cbrownson13
06-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Did Gonzalez respond?

jenn2080
06-15-2006, 02:08 PM
That is the dumbest thing I have read.

Uncle_Patrick
06-15-2006, 02:13 PM
A post like that would get someone banned here.

Didn't someone actually propose a similar idea recently? I recall something about Uribe and someone else to SF for Vizquel and Finley.

caulfield12
06-15-2006, 02:21 PM
It was something along the lines of Contreras not going anywhere and that one of the pitchers that questioner wanted to acquire would not be the one the Giants wanted to deal....

There were about 10 different CF possibilities mentioned, lol.

skottyj242
06-15-2006, 02:31 PM
We should trade Garland to the Phillies for Rowand.

sullythered
06-15-2006, 02:31 PM
It was something along the lines of Contreras not going anywhere and that one of the pitchers that questioner wanted to acquire would not be the one the Giants wanted to deal....

There were about 10 different CF possibilities mentioned, lol.
He's right on one account. Jose's not going anywhere, but the Giants would deal any one of their relief pitchers in for Contreras and Uribe.

MadetoOrta
06-15-2006, 03:09 PM
That is an all-time classic. Wow. No question, that's lifetime banishment material.

PatK
06-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Reading all of the questions in that article lowers your IQ by 20 points.

I can't believe that so many Sox fans are that stupid. It makes me believe that most of those questions are written by Cubs fans (especially the first one).

SOecks
06-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Sports Radio ratings would go up tenfold if they insituted "no trade idea talk" rules on the air. By both the hosts (cough: Murphy) and the maroon callers with their wacky, boring, and unrealistic ideas.

BeviBall!
06-15-2006, 04:33 PM
"This is a great idea."

Me, December 2004

SOXPHILE
06-15-2006, 04:39 PM

Dear Dan: Thanks for writing. Please stop taking all those mind altering drugs. Do you have any idea what kind of an idiot you sound like ? Normally people this dumb are locked away for the public's, and their own protection. My suggestion to you would be to,- in addition to halt said drug intake,- to use your crayons they distributed to you to color all those nice coloring books I'm sure you have, and to stop writing me letters proposing really dumb trade ideas. ---your pal, Mark.

LuvSox
06-15-2006, 04:46 PM
--Dan Jukic, Durham, N.C.

Dingus

RKMeibalane
06-15-2006, 05:30 PM
--Dan Jukic, Durham, N.C.

Perhaps he was Posting Under the Influence. :cool:

QCIASOXFAN
06-15-2006, 05:32 PM
So...... whats in it for us:?:

caulfield12
06-15-2006, 06:07 PM
Then again, those Cubs' fans with their multiple, five platoon or second tier players and the last pitcher off the bench for some random superstar player like Tejada are always entertaining to listen to at least.

Seriously, the best part is when the Cubs fans have to keep hearing how they gave up Lou Brock, Dontrelle Willis, Garland, Andy Sisco, Kyle Lohse, Koronka....all the pitchers on the Marlins, etc. Or the Dad, why did we trade Rafael Palmeiro all-time favorite.

Seriously, it's almost as fun as reminiscing about Dwight Smith, Jerome Walton, Kevin Orie, Gary Scott, Corey Patterson, Feliz Pie, Angel Guzman or Bobby Hill, all certain Hall of Famers one day.

gbergman
06-15-2006, 10:10 PM
wow what a ****ing moron

chisoxmike
06-15-2006, 10:34 PM
We should trade Garland to the Phillies for Rowand.

:tealpolice:

VA_GoGoSox
06-15-2006, 11:18 PM

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

HebrewHammer
06-16-2006, 12:37 AM

Who would have thought that Allan Baird uses "Dan Jukic" as an alias?

Zisk77
06-18-2006, 12:31 AM
This is almost as bad as a caller in 2003 that said the scrubs should trade Ojeda and 2 other bench nothings I forgot for Magglio Ordonez, Paul Konerko, and Carlos Lee. :?:

Fuller_Schettman
06-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Such stupidity leaves me speechless.

I vote that we create user "Dan Jukic" just so we can ban his sorry ass!

MANLAW!

bigfoot
06-18-2006, 08:11 AM

It's probably just my paranoia, but doesn't Mark Gonzales seem to always have a long-distance reader mention the prospect of trading valuable WS players for a bit of flotsam and a bag-o-balls from some team in the Bay Area? Most of what I've read and heard from Gonzales is less than flattering to his supposed talents in journalism and/sports. He's beginning to enter the Skip Bayless Zone IMO.:rolleyes:

ThatGuyOnTheL
06-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Aw, that's what I wanted to say. Good quote, though :D: