SS: Rey Sanchez
3B: Ed Sprague
LF: Rickey Henderson
CF: Devon White
RF: Bobby Bonilla
C: Jeff Reed
DH: Jose Canseco
Starting rotation: David Cone, Pete Harnisch, Gil Heredia, Pat Rapp, Cal Eldred
Bullpen: Ron Villone, Josias Manzanillo, Lance Painter, Russ Springer, Alan Mills
Mr. October: Jim Leyritz
Perez brother: Carlos

The above is from Jason Starks article at ESPN.com
http://msn.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/stark_jayson/1324082.html

Is there anyone up there you would like to see the Sox offer a contract to? I was thinking David Cone might be worth giving a shot to. If he pans out he would be a more soild 4 or 5 guy then what we have now and might be good model for the younger pitchers.

Meatpants
02-07-2002, 10:52 AM
The only guy I'd even look at isn't on that list, Kent Bottenfield. All those guys there are finished.

pearso66
02-07-2002, 10:55 AM
for some reason i had a dream last night that canseco was still on the team, and i believed it. as a matter of fact, if they can sign him for as much as they did last year, i wouldnt mind having him on the taem, in case hurt went down AGAIN

Meatpants
02-07-2002, 11:22 AM
I think Canseco still thinks he's an AllStar and in a minor role would prove to be a Charles Oakley-like pain in the a$$.

RichH55
02-07-2002, 01:01 PM
Wow...pretty awful list.....I dont think I would offer any of those guys a contract with the Sox current situation...However Im surprised Jose doesnt have a job yet

RichH55
02-07-2002, 01:20 PM
How is Cal Eldred on this list? Isnt he retired? Or is the crop that bad that the memory of an injury prone(effective when healthy) pitcher beats a guy out there truly looking for that next/last contract?

kermittheefrog
02-07-2002, 01:57 PM
I think there are 4 viable names on the list, Henderson, Canseco, Sanchez and Manzanillo.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox pickup Henderson or Manzanillo for a cheap one year deal but I'm not sure how'd they'd fit into the plans. We already have lots of outfielders and lots of arms.