PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the retaliation will be?...

Rikirk
06-15-2006, 12:28 PM
For A.J.'s plunking(s)...

I would like to see something..anything done to show these Ranger clowns you cant do that and expect nothing done in retaliation.

While I dont condone headhunting, I would like to see some "Interesting" statement made in tonights game. I will let the White Sox staff decide what that should be.

I personally would like to see A.J. take matters into his own hands and make his own personal statement.

This is of course my opinion, ... this is the sort of thing that gets aggrivating at times.

sullythered
06-15-2006, 12:31 PM
If there aren't any warnings issued before the game, I expect Buehrle to plunk the first guy who comes up with two outs and nobody on.

Chip Z'nuff
06-15-2006, 12:32 PM
I think a good old fashioned first base coach bitch slap is in order

SouthsideFathead
06-15-2006, 12:33 PM
it's a lot easier in softball, but i would like to see AJ shoot the box...Make a statement that you throw at me and I hit the ball harder back at you

bluestar
06-15-2006, 12:34 PM
I would like to see a 15 - 0 shutout, with 10 of the runs scored in the first inning.

Baby Fisk
06-15-2006, 12:35 PM
It will be about 23 hours too late, but if Buehrle went ahead and plunked someone, I would not be opposed. He's stood up for the team at his own expense before.

samram
06-15-2006, 12:36 PM
I would like to see a 15 - 0 shutout, with 10 of the runs scored in the first inning.

Seconded.

CaptainBallz
06-15-2006, 12:36 PM
For A.J.'s plunking(s)...

I would like to see something..anything done to show these Ranger clowns you cant do that and expect nothing done in retaliation.

While I dont condone headhunting, I would like to see some "Interesting" statement made in tonights game. I will let the White Sox staff decide what that should be.

I personally would like to see A.J. take matters into his own hands and make his own personal statement.

This is of course my opinion, ... this is the sort of thing that gets aggrivating at times.

AJ accidentally let's the bat slip out of his hands on a HR swing, letting it fly straight into Rheinecker's gut. After rounding the bases, AJ proceeds to drop a deuce onto homeplate and slaps it like he did against the Flubs, spraying the entire crowd and every last Ranger on the field, with a little itty-bitty piece landing in Showalter's gaping mouth. Sox go on to win 25 - 0.

I think that would suffice. :bandance:

jenn2080
06-15-2006, 12:37 PM
I say not the first guy, but the first guy in the 2nd inning. Followed by an AJ homer, an AJ double!

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2006, 12:39 PM

Thirded. :tongue:

DaleJRFan
06-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Win the damn game. Taking 3 out of 4 on their home turf would be more of a statement than any beanball.

rdwj
06-15-2006, 12:43 PM
If there aren't any warnings issued before the game, I expect Buehrle to plunk the first guy who comes up with two outs and nobody on.

That's what I expect, but the 15 run shutout is a nice option as well.

rocky biddle
06-15-2006, 12:44 PM
AJ accidentally let's the bat slip out of his hands on a HR swing, letting it fly straight into Rheinecker's gut. After rounding the bases, AJ proceeds to drop a deuce onto homeplate and slaps it like he did against the Flubs, spraying the entire crowd and every last Ranger on the field, with a little itty-bitty piece landing in Showalter's gaping mouth. Sox go on to win 25 - 0.

I think that would suffice. :bandance:

You just might be an evil genius.

Tekijawa
06-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Tampa Bay is currently handling the First part of what I would like to see happen, Sox will take care of the second part tonight... then Late October I would like a package to arrive a Padilla's house with an autographed picture of AJ holding the World Series Trophy, with the inscription. "Vincente, Wish you were here you Chicken**** ****** ******."

RichFitztightly
06-15-2006, 12:57 PM
With all the warnings being issued to benches, what would be some alternatives to skirt the issue. Bear in mind this topic is just for giggles, as I don't like being thought of as a spiteful turd. My list would be, in no particular order...

1. Drop third strike and A.J. pegs the guy running to first square in the back.

2. Forget the hard slide and pull an Albert Belle and give the second baseman/short stop a forearm shiver and send him to left field.

3. A pickoff attempt and just drill the guy getting back to the base.

4. Take a swing and accidentally lose your grip and send the bat flying to the mound

5. Hit a line drive right off the pitcher's forehead

I'm sure there are others, but that's my list for now.

cbotnyse
06-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Win the damn game. Taking 3 out of 4 on their home turf would be more of a statement than any beanball.
Yes. win win win.....and win BIG.....although a nice beaner would be nice with the right situation. I think they clearly deserve it.

Madvora
06-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Absolutely nothing will happen.
I'll even bet Widger starts.

Unregistered
06-15-2006, 01:06 PM
I say the only way to retaliate is a series of prank calls.

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6257.jpg: Hello?

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6109.jpg: Hello, is Vincente Padilla there please?

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6257.jpg: Thpeaking...

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6109.jpg: Is your refrigerator running?

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6257.jpg: Uh... I gueth tho.

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6109.jpg: Well, you better go and catch it you ****ing douchebag! <click>

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6257.jpg: ¡Pierzynski! ¡Aye Dios Mio!

PorkChopExpress
06-15-2006, 01:13 PM
I say the only way to retaliate is a series of prank calls.

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6257.jpg: Hello?

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6109.jpg: Hello, is Vincente Padilla there please?

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6257.jpg: Thpeaking...

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6109.jpg: Is your refrigerator running?

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6257.jpg: Uh... I gueth tho.

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6109.jpg: Well, you better go and catch it you ****ing douchebag! <click>

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/65x90/6257.jpg: ¡Pierzynski! ¡Aye Dios Mio!

Beautiful! I just laughed out loud in my office. That was great.

ondafarm
06-15-2006, 01:15 PM

Second that.

MarySwiss
06-15-2006, 01:15 PM
My main problem with retaliation in this case is that no matter how you do it, you're not going to get the real culprit. Hasn't anyone else noticed that Showalter is getting virtually a free pass here, while all the media types go after Ozzie? Yeah, I know somebody said Ozzie told Tracey to plunk Blalock, Ozzie yelled at Tracey, Ozzie slam-dunked a water bottle, blah-blah-blah, but think about it; what actually took place?

This did: Padilla hit AJ twice, both benches were warned, and the Sox did not retaliate (whether accidentally or on purpose doesn't change that fact). Yet who is getting all the **** thrown at them? THE SOX ARE. And retaliation won't change that. What needs to change here is the attitude of the umpires and MLB toward Ozzie, AJ, and the Sox. Why were Texas and Padilla not warned after the first plunk? And why the hell was Padilla not tossed immediately the second time? You know damn well that if Buehrle plunks someone tonight, there will be an immediate warning. And I wouldn't be surprised if he got tossed right away as well.

I know this is just my anger talking and it won't (and shouldn't) happen, but if Texas starts any kind of crap tonight and the umps lame out again, I wouldn't blame Ozzie if he just took the whole damn team and marched right off the field and out of the damn park. Maybe that'd get someone's attention! Nothing else seems to.

russ99
06-15-2006, 01:16 PM

Yeah, that's all we need, our ace getting ejected in the first inning.

The umpires aren't stupid. Their inability to toss Padilla last night doesn't mean anything tonight, and they'd be more likely to toss someone with all this build-up in the press. Just win the game, that's retribution enough.

white sox bill
06-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Just win and leave the retaliatory stuff to the bush leaguers.

miker
06-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Just win the game, that's retribution enough.
Exactly...and if we happen to be ahead by five or more, start stealing. That's should P.O. Bucky Showalter and the rest of the Texas Rump Rangers.

skottyj242
06-15-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm guessing Widger will catch tonight. Winning is the best revenge.

Hawkeroo1980
06-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Mark shouldn't plunk anyone because he will be thrown out and we'll probably end up losing.

Let the bats retaliate......however, if were deep into the game I wouldn't mind a FIRST PITCH bean FROM A BULLPEN GUY

We all remember "BRIAN GORMAN ARE YOU NUTS"----- lets leave mark out of this

jackbrohamer
06-15-2006, 01:28 PM
I generally agree with Guillen that any retribution should happen in the same game as the initial incident. But the rest of baseball seems confident that it can beat AJ like a punching bag (literally, in Barrett's case), he may get seriously hurt one day. I think they need to hit back as hard as they can whenever anyone hits AJ.

The Wall
06-15-2006, 01:29 PM
I think the best way to retaliate is to put a neat bunt down with a big lead and then watch bucky boy cringe n whine.

wilburaga
06-15-2006, 01:32 PM
My main problem with retaliation in this case is that no matter how you do it, you're not going to get the real culprit. Hasn't anyone else noticed that Showalter is getting virtually a free pass here, while all the media types go after Ozzie? Yeah, I know somebody said Ozzie told Tracey to plunk Blaylock, Ozzie yelled at Tracey, Ozzie slam-dunked a water bottle, blah-blah-blah, but think about it; what actually took place?

This did: Padilla hit AJ twice, both benches were warned, and the Sox did not retaliate (whether accidentally or on purpose doesn't change that fact). Yet who is getting all the **** thrown at them? THE SOX ARE. And retaliation won't change that. What needs to change here is the attitude of the umpires and MLB toward Ozzie, AJ, and the Sox. Why were Texas and Padilla not warned after the first plunk? And why the hell was Padilla not tossed immediately the second time? You know damn well that if Buehrle plunks someone tonight, there will be an immediate warning. And I wouldn't be surprised if he got tossed right away as well.

Agreed on Showalter - a joyless soul.

How about the Sox calling up the flamethrowing and spectacularly ineffective Eduardo Sierra for an emergency start tonight, and have Buehrle ready just in case for some reason Eduardo does not get to the second batter.

W

PennStater98r
06-15-2006, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't blame Ozzie if he just took the whole damn team and marched right off the field and out of the damn park. Maybe that'd get someone's attention! Nothing else seems to.

This should be sent to Ozzie's email address.

MsSoxVixen22
06-15-2006, 01:52 PM
My main problem with retaliation in this case is that no matter how you do it, you're not going to get the real culprit. Hasn't anyone else noticed that Showalter is getting virtually a free pass here, while all the media types go after Ozzie? Yeah, I know somebody said Ozzie told Tracey to plunk Blaylock, Ozzie yelled at Tracey, Ozzie slam-dunked a water bottle, blah-blah-blah, but think about it; what actually took place?

I know this is just my anger talking and it won't (and shouldn't) happen, but if Texas starts any kind of crap tonight and the umps lame out again, I wouldn't blame Ozzie if he just took the whole damn team and marched right off the field and out of the damn park. Maybe that'd get someone's attention! Nothing else seems to.

Well said Mary! As much as I'd like to see Mark and/or AJ retaliate tonite, it wouldn't be worth anyone getting ejected. I agree with Widger behind the dish tonite. The Sox just need to knock the **** out of the ball tonite. And I fear that if Mark even pitches high and tight, he'll get a warning. My heart goes out to the rookie pitcher that Ozzie yelled at last nite. Don't get me wrong, I know why Ozzie was pissed and rightly so. I still feel bad for the guy....and AJ. It pisses me off....everyone makes AJ out to be sooooo bad and here it's other players starting **** with him, not the other way around! And God forbid, AJ stick up for himself or voice his opinion! It's all such complete and utter bull****!

southside rocks
06-15-2006, 01:53 PM
How about the Sox calling up the flamethrowing and spectacularly ineffective Eduardo Sierra for an emergency start tonight, and have Buehrle ready just in case for some reason Eduardo does not get to the second batter.

W

Great idea. Gets my vote! :D:

CommanderPudge72
06-15-2006, 02:00 PM
The best option I heard came from Mully/Hanley this morning....AJ has said he would like the opportunity to pitch once in his career. His arm can handle it according to him....

White Sox go up by 10...bring Pierzynski into pitch...the looks alone would be worth it......I couldn't fathom what Hawk would say....that my friends would go right in there with the Droppo fight.

:walkoff:
What Did I Do to Deserve this CRAPOLAY?"

:hawk:
"That's where you foul one right there!!!! That's where you foul one!"

Fuller_Schettman
06-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Sanctions. UN sanctions!

russ99
06-15-2006, 02:58 PM
Sanctions. UN sanctions!

We all know those don't accomplish anything. :D:

rdwj
06-15-2006, 03:06 PM
I think AJ should go Scott Tenorman on Padilla

Hitmen77
06-15-2006, 03:26 PM
The only retalition will be to win the game.

Other than that, nothing will happen. We had our chance yesterday and Ozzie/Tracey botched it.

downstairs
06-15-2006, 03:40 PM

How about carring a 15-0 shutout into the 9th, then plunking 4 of their batters in a row?

Chip Z'nuff
06-15-2006, 03:43 PM
How about carring a 15-0 shutout into the 9th, then plunking 4 of their batters in a row?

And the pitcher is Bad Bobby

DickAllen72
06-15-2006, 03:49 PM

Exactly.

The time for "retaliation" has passed. Javy had his chances and didn't even pitch on the inside corner let alone sending a message.

If Vazquez is still on the White Sox come August 1st, I'll be very disappointed.

ilsox7
06-15-2006, 03:51 PM
Exactly.

The time for "retaliation" has passed. Javy had his chances and didn't even pitch on the inside corner let alone sending a message.

If Vazquez is still on the White Sox come August 1st, I'll be very disappointed.

:rolleyes:

DickAllen72
06-15-2006, 03:53 PM

Great post. I couldn't agree more with everything you wrote.

MsSoxVixen22
06-15-2006, 04:09 PM
The best option I heard came from Mully/Hanley this morning....AJ has said he would like the opportunity to pitch once in his career. His arm can handle it according to him....

White Sox go up by 10...bring Pierzynski into pitch...the looks alone would be worth it......I couldn't fathom what Hawk would say....that my friends would go right in there with the Droppo fight.

:walkoff:
What Did I Do to Deserve this CRAPOLAY?"

:hawk:
"That's where you foul one right there!!!! That's where you foul one!"

LMAO! AJ.....pitching?! God that would be ****ing sweet to see! He would have the batters ****ting their pants!

SOecks
06-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Right now I want our retaliation to be a good old country ass whooping on the field. Lets just beat them 18-0. Make them look like little leaguers out there.

Mercy!
06-15-2006, 04:14 PM
....I know this is just my anger talking and it won't (and shouldn't) happen, but if Texas starts any kind of crap tonight and the umps lame out again, I wouldn't blame Ozzie if he just took the whole damn team and marched right off the field and out of the damn park. Maybe that'd get someone's attention! Nothing else seems to. I totally agree. When that nonsense happened in Oakland last year, I wished Ozzie would have done that. Can anyone recall the last time a baseball team forfeited a game that had already begun? I think it would be a great way to make a statement about the umpiring - and damn the loss of revenue and all the hell that would break out.

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Second that.

This is the second time I've thirded a motion today.... :redface:

sullythered
06-15-2006, 04:26 PM
Yeah, that's all we need, our ace getting ejected in the first inning.

The umpires aren't stupid. Their inability to toss Padilla last night doesn't mean anything tonight, and they'd be more likely to toss someone with all this build-up in the press. Just win the game, that's retribution enough.

First off, I wasn't saying what I wanted to happen, just what I thought might. Also, I said he'd go after somebody IF NO PREGAME WARNINGS WERE ISSUED.

DeadMoney
06-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Ozzie should keep any Rangers OUT of the ASG in a month and then tell them to ask Buck or Vincente why they didn't play.

This would then be followed by plunking two guys in the first inning of the first game of the series a week and a half after that, which would ultimately put the Rangers in a similar situation as the Sox were in last night.

This will never happen, but I like the thought of it. Oh well.

rdwj
06-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Ozzie should keep any Rangers OUT of the ASG in a month and then tell them to ask Buck or Vincente why they didn't play.

You know, that's not half bad

Hitmen77
06-15-2006, 04:41 PM

Sounds good to me.

zaidecrannog
06-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Why exactly was Padilla going after AJ? Also, Cooper mentioned this morning that we shouldn't be too quick to judge Vasquez (for not retaliating), hinting that there's more to this. Anyone know he's talking about?

cbotnyse
06-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Randy Johnson and Joe Torre just got suspended by MLB.....we dont need that, lets just win big.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-yankeessuspensions&prov=ap&type=lgns

bluestar
06-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Why exactly was Padilla going after AJ?

No one, including AJ, seems to know.

I did some digging around the Internet today, and AJ did hit Padilla pretty well when AJ was with the Giants and Padilla was with the Phillies. They only faced each other in two games in 2004, but AJ hit .500 off of him in those games, including a home run. I am wondering if this was some old grudge Padilla had been waiting for the opportunity to settle. The second HBP was to make sure AJ knew the first one was intentional.

As for Vazquez, my only guess would be that he had specific instructions from Ozzie not to retaliate.

nsolo
06-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Exactly.

:D: Thank You!!!

Huisj
06-15-2006, 05:50 PM
Isn't there some kind of legend about Luke Appling fouling off a whole bunch of balls in a row into the dugout or stands because he was pissed at someone? The Sox need someone with big bat control to just smack a whole bunch of liners into the Rangers' dugout. That would be kind of cool.

DickAllen72
06-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Tonight, the Sox must retaliate by:

Running hard all the way on every ball hit.

Going from first to third whenever it's a possibility.

Sliding hard into the 2B/SS on every DP situation or 3B if the situation comes up.

Knocking over the Catcher at every play at the plate if he is blocking even a portion of the plate.

Even if the Sox have a big lead in later innings, run, run, run. Don't shut down the running game even in the ninth with a ten run lead.

Buerhle needs to step it up tonight and pitch like an ace. I believe he will.

It's gut check time boys. Get it done!

rookie
06-15-2006, 07:07 PM
My main problem with retaliation in this case is that no matter how you do it, you're not going to get the real culprit. Hasn't anyone else noticed that Showalter is getting virtually a free pass here, while all the media types go after Ozzie? Yeah, I know somebody said Ozzie told Tracey to plunk Blalock, Ozzie yelled at Tracey, Ozzie slam-dunked a water bottle, blah-blah-blah, but think about it; what actually took place?

Amen. Notice that a lot of people were up in arms that Tracey was sent to AAA because of the incident. And when today the trade was made does anyone eat their words, no.

All this talk about Ozzie being classless. Yes he's emotional, yes he goes off at times and runs his mouth, but that's his style. But in his defense, he will admit when he has made a mistake (Maggs, Arod). IMO not enough people own up to their mistakes. These other people are just haters.

chaerulez
06-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Were pre-game warnings issued?

MrX
06-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Were pre-game warnings issued?
Yes

wassagstdu
06-16-2006, 06:50 AM

You mean "Two-bit" and "Upacreekwithouta"?

HomeFish
06-16-2006, 07:36 AM
Brian Anderson should hit 4 Home Runs next game against Padilla. What could be more humiliating for a pitcher?