PDA

View Full Version : Help Cubs Fans

Blueprint1
02-07-2002, 02:42 AM
Season please start. The cubs stuff has already happend. Alou feaver is everywhere and its really anoying. I was told today at the Saluki game by a cubs fan that he would go through player by player and take the cubs player over the sox player at every position except for third base. I always hate the offseason because the cubs are world champs every year before the year starts. I was really confused when he said he would take Grandpa McGriff over Konerko. I dont see how the cubs are better at SS when they dont have one. I dont see how they are better at CF when they dont have one. I also believe that Alou will have a bad season I can just smell it. No Enron or five men protecting him in the lineup. I think that Lee will have a turn around season for the Sox hes a better hitter then 269. Well what do you guys think? :angry:

voodoochile
02-07-2002, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
Season please start. The cubs stuff has already happend. Alou feaver is everywhere and its really anoying. I was told today at the Saluki game by a cubs fan that he would go through player by player and take the cubs player over the sox player at every position except for third base. I always hate the offseason because the cubs are world champs every year before the year starts. I was really confused when he said he would take Grandpa McGriff over Konerko. I dont see how the cubs are better at SS when they dont have one. I dont see how they are better at CF when they dont have one. I also believe that Alou will have a bad season I can just smell it. No Enron or five men protecting him in the lineup. I think that Lee will have a turn around season for the Sox hes a better hitter then 269. Well what do you guys think? :angry:

Ahhhh spring and a young flubbie fans mind turns to thoughts of

:bluerock

FarWestChicago
02-07-2002, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Ahhhh spring and a young flubbie fans mind turns to thoughts of

:bluerock That may be the first official use of the Blue Rock tag. :smile:

Spiff
02-07-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
That may be the first official use of the Blue Rock tag. :smile:

Boooo Booooooo recount.

duke of dorwood
02-07-2002, 10:00 AM
I'd like to see and use a pile pf puke with that emblem on it.

DrCrawdad
02-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1
Season please start. The cubs stuff has already happened. Alou fever is everywhere and itís really annoying.

Last year during the Cubbie vs. Sox games at Comiskey, Cubbie fans were spouting how they were going to win their division...

I think Iím going to make a poster for this seasonís Crosstown Classic Series that says:

Cubs 2001 NL Central Champs
OOPS!

Originally posted by Blueprint1 I was told today at the Saluki game by a cubs fan that he would go through player by player and take the cubs player over the sox player at every position except for third base.

Third base? Did you mean 2nd base?

The Cubbie 3rd baseman, Mueller, is an excellent fielder and a scrappy hitter, if heís healthy after a tough knee injury.

Cubbie 2B is DeSheilds/Stynes/Hill. Iíll take Durham over DeSheilds or Stynes. Hill hasnít a game yet in the MLB.

Dadawg_77
02-07-2002, 12:20 PM
Mmmmhhhhhhh.....
C Alomar/Johnson/Paul vs Hundley/Girardi
1B Hurt vs McGriff
(Hurt would be the starting 1B if the Sox were a NL team)
2B Ray Ray vs DeSheilds
3B Jose/Crede vs Mueller
SS Jose/Royce Monster vs Gonalez
LF Lee vs Alou
CF Lofton vs Patterson/Brown
RF Mags vs Sosa

Not sure how you would take a cub at every postion. Being generous to the Cubs I would only take 4 at the most.

DrCrawdad
02-07-2002, 12:22 PM
DrCrawdadís picks:

C White Sox. Hundley is a TERRIBLE CATCHER and if he doesnít hit heís worthless.
1B White Sox. McGriff was the player who supposedly was going to put the Cubbies over the edge. What happened post-McGriff? Lost 1st place. Finished in 3rd. Iíll take Konerko.
2B White Sox. Durham, no question at this point.
SS Equal
3B Cubbies. Mueller is a fantastic fielder and scrappy hitter. He gets on base. Valentin is no 3rd baseman.
LF Edge to Cubbies. Alou is a better hitter than Lee, but Alou is worse in the field than Lee. Is that possible?
CF White Sox. Patterson hasnít done anything in the majors yet.
RF Cubbies, as much as it pains me to say it.

Meatpants
02-07-2002, 12:36 PM
:chunks :bluerock

Everyone's talking about the Cubs pitching the same way people wax romantic about Jim Miller. Sure, Jim Miller would be fine for the Bears IF he stayed healthy, which he certainly will not. I feel the same way about the Cub. Sure, if Bere, Fassero, Gordon, Wood, etc. ALL stay healthy and ALL have good years again, they'll be formidable. But the chances of that are slim. I see at least 2 of those guys going on the DL for extended periods.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-07-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I think Iím going to make a poster for this seasonís Crosstown Classic Series that says:

Cubs 2001 NL Central Champs
OOPS!

Here's the sign I would make...

Cubs:
2001 NL Central Champs (crossed out)
2001 Wild Card "Champs" (crossed out)
Lovable LOSERS AGAIN !

cheeses_h_rice
02-07-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Here's the sign I would make...

Cubs:
2001 NL Central Champs (crossed out)
2001 Wild Card "Champs" (crossed out)
Lovable LOSERS AGAIN !

CLASSIC.

You really have to do that, George.

Maybe start with "2001 World Series Champs," though...

:gulp:

DrCrawdad
02-07-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

CLASSIC.

That is an excellent sign!

2001 Friday night Cub vs. Sox game, my cousin made a sign that said:

Cuck The Fubs.

A Cubbie fan tailgating next to us said, "Who are the Fubs?" - I'm not kidding.

DrCrawdad
02-07-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

CLASSIC.

How 'bout tee-shirts?

DrCrawdad
02-07-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Meatpants
:chunks :bluerock

Everyone's talking about the Cubs pitching the same way people wax romantic about Jim Miller. Sure, Jim Miller would be fine for the Bears IF he stayed healthy, which he certainly will not. I feel the same way about the Cub. Sure, if Bere, Fassero, Gordon, Wood, etc. ALL stay healthy and ALL have good years again, they'll be formidable. But the chances of that are slim. I see at least 2 of those guys going on the DL for extended periods.

Wood has faced the White Sox three times. Three wins for the Sox.

Wood, has he had one year without injury or DL time?

Fassero, can you say San Diego Padres? KA-BOOM! Fassero pitched way over his head for a time last year.

Bere, we'll see...

Gordon/Farnsworth, good for awhile but they fell apart when it counted.

Prior. Cubbie fans are so hyped about this guy. I haven't seen him pitch, but from what I've heard he had one great year in college after mediocre years. He didn't do that well in his last college post-season game, did he?

I'm not sold on the Cubbie pitching staff being as good as the hype.

RichH55
02-07-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
DrCrawdadís picks:

C White Sox. Hundley is a TERRIBLE CATCHER and if he doesnít hit heís worthless.
1B White Sox. McGriff was the player who supposedly was going to put the Cubbies over the edge. What happened post-McGriff? Lost 1st place. Finished in 3rd. Iíll take Konerko.
2B White Sox. Durham, no question at this point.
SS Equal
3B Cubbies. Mueller is a fantastic fielder and scrappy hitter. He gets on base. Valentin is no 3rd baseman.
LF Edge to Cubbies. Alou is a better hitter than Lee, but Alou is worse in the field than Lee. Is that possible?
CF White Sox. Patterson hasnít done anything in the majors yet.
RF Cubbies, as much as it pains me to say it.

I dont know....I think you overrate Mueller....though I am a Mueller fan....how they got him for a medicre reliever is beyond me....I would take Jose over Mueller in a second

PaleHoseGeorge
02-07-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
I dont know....I think you overrate Mueller....though I am a Mueller fan....how they got him for a medicre reliever is beyond me....I would take Jose over Mueller in a second

See, this situation perfectly illustrates why Jose needs to be the shortstop. For while Manos's numbers are clearly superior amongst shortstops, he is merely average at third base.

Mueller couldn't play shortstop if his life depended on it, yet he is comparable to Valentin at 3B.

Once you understand defensive ability is different than errors committed, Valentin's value (both offensively and defensively) shine through.

All roads at WSI...