PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6/14/06 :puking: post game thread!

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 10:15 PM
I haven┤t seen more than about 15 games because I am here down in Colombia (for two more weeks) South America, but I can┤t remember a game going so flat-line both offensively, pitching-wise and defense in the same game.

Could it have something to do with Mackowiak and Gload playing together? No Ozuna? Somehow, he just seems to bring a needed excitement and enthusiasm to the game that I enjoy. Gload always has this pained, constipated look...like Brandon Backe, when they were making fun of him in the WS Video that he was making the face and trying to look hard and tough.

By the way, they were joking about a guy nicknamed ĘGamerĘ in the video. Who the heck is that?

Jerko
06-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Mack and Gload both have hits tonight, so I can't blame them. It just seems like the Sox wanted to take the high road after the HBPs and their lack of retaliation can be looked upon as indifference.

Rob190
06-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Mack and Gload both have hits tonight, so I can't blame them. It just seems like the Sox wanted to take the high road after the HBPs and their lack of retaliation can be looked upon as indifference.

I agree with you there. If I were A.J, next time up at bat I would swing and let the bat "slip" out of my hand and hit Padilla.

CLR01
06-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Post em here.

bluestar
06-14-2006, 10:32 PM
I don't understand why this team has these lapses where it looks like they just don't even care about playing the game. This isn't the first game they have done this, but this may be the worst of the worst.

ondafarm
I really think it was the umpiring. This was the crew that jerked the White Sox in Seattle and it was pretty clear from how balls and strikes were being called, the Rangers were supposed to win this one.

I can't imagine a pitcher being allowed to hit one guy in consecutive at bats and getting to stay in the game.

Unregistered
Well, the Tigers blew their game too - so there's that...

Chips
Meh, what a ****ty game.

walrus
06-14-2006, 10:33 PM
i'm curious to hear what ozzie has to say

GregoryEtc
2 hits for AJ! WOOHOO!

I wouldn't want to be on the team right now having to face Ozzie in that clubhouse... Hide the breakables.

itsnotrequired
And the Indians lost as well. About the only thing to take out of this train wreck.

mccoydp

God, don't say that. You'll have a ****ing hit squad on you.

I didn't watch the game tonight, but lurked in the thread. Angry ****ing bunch tonight.

rookie
06-14-2006, 10:34 PM
I wish tomorrow was an afternoon game. I don't want to wait 24 hours to see which Sox show up tomorrow. I want Dr. Jekyll (sp) not Mr. Hyde.

GregoryEtc
06-14-2006, 10:35 PM
Nice knowing ya...
http://www.greatfallswhitesox.com/archive/03pix/images/traceys.jpg

JB98
06-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Our manhood was challenged, and we responded as if we have no pride. They got away with two cheap shots on our catcher. Screw the outcome of the game. I can take a loss. I'm angry because opposing teams are continually allowed to go after AJ, and nothing is ever done about it. If the umpires won't protect our hitters, then we have to take the law into our own hands. It's that simple.

tebman
I can't add anything that everyone else here already knows. This game was embarrassing.

I hope Guillen rants to the press and and he damn well better chew several new orifices in the clubhouse tonight. No energy, no savvy, hell, they couldn't even catch the ball tonight.

They better come back tomorrow with their teeth bared.

MrX
I never again want to hear about Carlos Lee not going in spikes high after Burke got taken out and how he's not an Ozzie type player. This team got punched in the face tonight and took it like a bunch of pansies and are all just as bad as that was.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hawk is down by the Ranger clubhouse waiting for Padilla.

TheOldRoman
06-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Absolutely disgusting loss today.
They didn't just lose, they were trounced. They put forth no effort whatsoever. They were facing a horrible pitcher, and they let countless meatball go for strikes. Maybe it was too hot and the Sox just wanted to go back to the hotel. Vazquez should have stayed at the hotel. He was mindblowingly bad today. Maybe Ozzie needs to call him out. He embarrassed himself tonight.
This team needs to get a spine and some heart. Right away. They have been humiliated. Instead of responding, they cowered in the corner and limped away like Eeyore.
I hope they respond tomorrow.

IlliniSox4Life
Bad game, but a loss is a loss. This doesn't count anymore than our game against Cleveland that was dubbed the best loss of the year. Lets just hope they bring their A game tomorrow.

Unregistered

I didn't watch the game tonight, but lurked in the thread. Angry ****ing bunch tonight.
A loss like tonight will put anyone in a bad mood. We didn't play like World Champions and we certainly weren't respected as such.

However, a win tomorrow and we've taken 3 of 4 from the AL West leaders. Not too shabby.

soxinthecity
Just got home from work, so what did'nt happen tonight?

RadioheadRocks
Blecch!

Let's win tomorrow and take three out of four from these dillweeds.

rookie
06-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Huh, I didn't realize that was only our second shutout.

samram
06-14-2006, 10:38 PM

Yeah, when I walked in, I checked the score, saw it wasn't worth turning on and went to the game thread- lots of anger. I see Tracey may be the target of Ozzie's ire right now- can anyone explain what happened?

By the way, Javy, Freddy, Garland- hardly an impressive back of the rotation right now.

MrX
06-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Yeah, when I walked in, I checked the score, saw it wasn't worth turning on and went to the game thread- lots of anger. I see Tracey may be the target of Ozzie's ire right now- can anyone explain what happened?

By the way, Javy, Freddy, Garland- hardly an impressive back of the rotation right now.

Padilla drilled AJ with the first pitch of AJ's first 2 at bats. It looked like Ozzie brought in Tracey to drill Blalock and he didn't get the job done.

Jjav829
What the hell? Someone get some balls on this team. I didn't see what happened, but I heard that AJ was hit by two first-pitch fastballs and we didn't retaliate at all? That's BS! Someone man up and drill one of their guys in the back. Are we just going to let the freaking Texas Rangers walk over us? Unbelievable.

sox1970
Nice knowing ya...

Tracey definitely missed an assignment there. He tried a couple times, but it looked like wimped out. But I'll go out on a limb and call AJ a wuss for not going out there the second time he got hit. I mean, when is enough enough?

CHISOXFAN13

He missed hitting Blalock on the first pitch in the seventh. Eventually retired him on a fly out and was immediately pulled in favor of Montero.

GregoryEtc
I see Tracey may be the target of Ozzie's ire right now- can anyone explain what happened?

AJ was hit twice today. Sean Tracey relieved Javy. He had one job. One hitter. Plunk Hank Blaylock. He came inside on ball 1. Then got him out. Ozzie threw his water bottle down. Tracey was pulled. Bye bye, Tracey.

SCarolina_Ron
06-14-2006, 10:41 PM

I was watching on mlb.com and they had the rangers feed. They were saying it was because Ozzie wanted Tracey to hit Blalock in retaliation for Padilla hitting AJ twice.

MrX
06-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Tracey definitely missed an assignment there. He tried a couple times, but it looked like wimped out. But I'll go out on a limb and call AJ a wuss for not going out there the second time he got hit. I mean, when is enough enough?
I don't want to think about how many games d-bag Bob Watson would give him.

bluestar
06-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Vazquez has a tendency to implode when an inning starts going badly. I also thought I read somewhere that his career ERA against Texas was over 11, but I could be wrong about that.

TheOldRoman
06-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Our manhood was challenged, and we responded as if we have no pride. They got away with two cheap shots on our catcher. Screw the outcome of the game. I can take a loss. I'm angry because opposing teams are continually allowed to go after AJ, and nothing is ever done about it. If the umpires won't protect our hitters, then we have to take the law into our own hands. It's that simple.
And to top it off, you can bet both benches will be warned before the game tomorrow, so the Sox not only won't be able to retalliate, they won't be able to pitch inside.
Either way, I predict Buehrle will be thrown out early in the game for pitching inside, even if he doesn't hit the batter.
Mark Teixiera should have been drilled in the head tonight. HBP is not going to stop this. The only thing that will stop other teams from hitting us - Oakland, Texas, Baltimore, and every other team - is if we lay someone out. Hitting someone in the ribs will do nothing but get our pitcher tossed.
The umpires have shown that they are going to allow the Sox to get drilled, so we must take the law into our own hands.

CHISOXFAN13

Charging the mound while appealing a fine for a seperate incident would be dumb. Sorry.

GregoryEtc
I don't want to think about how many games d-bag Bob Watson would give him.

Indeed. AJ did the right thing by just taking his base both times... Its not his job to go out there.

Classless idiot Ranger fans bood AJ his next two times up.

Chisox003
I LOVE this team!! :bandance:

Oops, wrong night.

****!! That sucked!! :angry:

Let's take the series tomorrow Burlymon. Good thing this only counts as one.

robiwho
Well, that sucked.

At least I got a good laugh tonight. From Mr. robiwho: "Ross Gload could dump a slurpee over my head at the 7-11 and I still wouldn't recognize him."

Yeah. That's about it.

cbotnyse
I'm just gonna do my best to forget about this game:puking: :anon:

we need to come back tomorrow with a much better effort.

JB98

AJ is too important to our team to risk injury or lengthy suspension. That's why you use a guy like Tracey to plunk somebody. Evidently, he didn't do his job.

TheOldRoman
06-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Do you honestly think MLB wouldn't slap AJ with a 20 game suspension for the first punch he threw? After all, he is an instigator.

CLR01
06-14-2006, 10:45 PM

Why bring Tracey in to do it anyway? Send Javier back out there. If he gets suspended for 5 days so what. No downside to that.

MrX
06-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Why bring Tracey in to do it anyway? Send Javier back out there. If he gets suspended for 5 days so what. No downside to that.
That's what I said. It would have been the only productive thing he did tonight.

JB98
06-14-2006, 10:47 PM

Good point. Javy should have drilled someone, not because Guillen told him to, but because it's part of his job to protect a teammate.

cwsfannick
06-14-2006, 10:48 PM
The boys looked fairly listless after Vazquez gave up his big inning. AJ gets plunked twice and unfortunately the home plate umpire warns both teams, killing any chance of the Sox retaliating tonight. I imagine at least one Ranger will get hit tomorrow. I am glad that Javier did not retaliate after the warning as I do not believe the team can afford to have any of it's starting pitchers suspended.

Did anybody think that Hawk was a little over the top tonight. It almost seemed as if DJ was trying to take the high road in regards to retaliating toward Padilla?

TheOldRoman
06-14-2006, 10:48 PM
It is making me even angrier listening to this ****ing buffoon Melton on the postgame show. He is talking about Padilla like he was dominant tonight.
No, dumbass. He was the same horrible pitcher he was last time we shelled him. The only difference was, this time we were watching the meatballs cross the plate instead of crushing them.

thomas35forever
06-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Tonight was a game to forget. At least the Tigers lost. Let's just pretend this night never happened.

CaptainBallz
06-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Well, that certainly did suck right there. I saw the Tracey out, but missed the whole "objective". What a weak ass game.

Take the series tomorrow and move on....

And the AJ hate has to stop... I'm looking at you MLB...:angry:

rdwj
06-14-2006, 10:56 PM
AJ was hit twice today. Sean Tracey relieved Javy. He had one job. One hitter. Plunk Hank Blaylock. He came inside on ball 1. Then got him out. Ozzie threw his water bottle down. Tracey was pulled. Bye bye, Tracey.

You know - I was only half watching by that point, but that makes total sense. How do you not plunk a guy after that? If that's true - Good riddance!

DickAllen72
06-14-2006, 10:59 PM
I hope this doesn't turn out to be like the Hunter/Burke game in 2004. That was a turning point.

Flame me all you want, but we wouldn't be so listless in response to something like this if Carl was sitting in that dugout. At least Carl had his teammates' backs. It didn't even appear that anyone in the Sox dugout even reacted to that second HBP. Remember Carl out on the dugout steps during the World Series? That kind of thing fires up the rest of the guys.

Anyway, every batter should have gone up there attempting to hit the ball hard right back at the pitcher.

On another issue, not to get down on Mackowiak, but I wish A.J. was the one running to the plate on that ball hit by Iguchi. He would have flattened Barajas.

Ol' No. 2
06-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Why bring Tracey in to do it anyway? Send Javier back out there. If he gets suspended for 5 days so what. No downside to that.That was my reaction, too. You don't bring in a kid almost straight up from AAA to do the job.

When this offense goes south, it goes clear to South America.

rdwj
06-14-2006, 11:01 PM
On another issue, not to get down on Mackowiak, but I wish A.J. was the one running to the plate on that ball hit by Iguchi. He would have flattened Barajas.

Ya, that slide was total crap. Seems like nobody had the fire tonight. Hopefully it't just the heat. I'm praying for a much better effort tomorrow.

samram
06-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Thanks everyone for filling me in. I guess I'll get another chance to see Tracey in person soon enough.

rookie
But I'll go out on a limb and call AJ a wuss for not going out there the second time he got hit. I mean, when is enough enough?

AJ can't ever defend himself, because everything is his fault because of course he deserved it. This is the guy who got ejected from a game because he hit Barrett's fist with his face, in order to keep the peace - on his home field. Whatever.

Even more reason for one of his teammates to step up. I know that AJ is the fiery player on the team, but someone else on the team has got to have a temperature. Maybe Mark?

Viva Medias B's
Just had a bad game tonight, that's all. We're still winning at a 2 of 3 rate.

samram
06-14-2006, 11:04 PM
That was my reaction, too. You don't bring in a kid almost straight up from AAA to do the job.

Good point about Vazquez- he may as well have done something useful tonight.

salty99
06-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Supposedly Tracey was crying on the bench after they took him off which was shown on the Rangers feed of the game.

greygoose
Just had a bad game tonight, that's all. We're still winning at a 2 of 3 rate.
Time to put your World Series DVD's away

hi im skot
Post deleted by mods.
:DJ
"UH OH!"

hi im skot
06-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Supposedly Tracey was crying on the bench after they took him off which was shown on the Rangers feed of the game.

Nah, he wasn't crying...just SUPER upset and dejected...he apparently knew that he screwed up big time.

DickAllen72
06-14-2006, 11:13 PM
Oh yeah, Vazquez sucks.

He has the stuff to be an ace, but he doesn't know how to pitch. I hope he turns it around like Contreras did last year, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

TornLabrum
06-14-2006, 11:15 PM
That was my reaction, too. You don't bring in a kid almost straight up from AAA to do the job.

Yup, to Tierra del Fuego.

mjmcend
06-14-2006, 11:17 PM

He didn't look like he was crying, but he did hang his head in his hands and looked upset. This was of course after Ozzie went up to him to give him a piece of his mind. In church appropriate language for sure.

JB98
06-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Does anyone know why Texas took two shots at AJ? I just don't understand why they would do that. The game has been over for awhile, and I'm still just furious.

Vernam
06-14-2006, 11:49 PM
On the bright side, not a single mention of Brian Anderson in tonight's post-game thread. :cower:

Vernam

Vince
06-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Does anyone know why Texas took two shots at AJ? I just don't understand why they would do that. The game has been over for awhile, and I'm still just furious.

Bad blood between Showalter and Ozzie?

BadBobbyJenks
06-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Well I don't usually let losses get to me, but this was more than an ordinary loss. As some have said our manhood was put into question tonight and we looked like ******* not responding with the bats or retaliating. I don't give a **** if our bench was warned or not, somebody on the rangers needed to take one in the earhole for AJ getting intentionally beaned TWICE. I dont understand why Javy didnt go out there in the 7th and bean hank, get thrown out and then bring in tracey or montero. Absolutely ridiculous.

Its really sad when the only person with balls tonight was the 65 year old man in the booth...

And what is the deal with these multiple warnings the sox always seem to get when we are the ones being plunked. I have never seen another team not have the chance to settle the situation by the players more than us. We plunk one of their players and then you can give your ****ing warning...what a bunch of BS

We better come out tomorrow with some fire and at least one ranger better be eating some dirt..

TaylorStSox
06-15-2006, 12:01 AM
And to top it off, you can bet both benches will be warned before the game tomorrow, so the Sox not only won't be able to retalliate, they won't be able to pitch inside.
Either way, I predict Buehrle will be thrown out early in the game for pitching inside, even if he doesn't hit the batter.
Mark Teixiera should have been drilled in the head tonight. HBP is not going to stop this. The only thing that will stop other teams from hitting us - Oakland, Texas, Baltimore, and every other team - is if we lay someone out. Hitting someone in the ribs will do nothing but get our pitcher tossed.
The umpires have shown that they are going to allow the Sox to get drilled, so we must take the law into our own hands.

I'm as mad as the next guy, but this is just stupid! What world are you living in?

BadBobbyJenks
06-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Oh yeah, Vazquez sucks.

He has the stuff to be an ace, but he doesn't know how to pitch. I hope he turns it around like Contreras did last year, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

:rolleyes: Get real, Javy sucks.......the guy has got nasty stuff and besides that big inning all our pitchers seem to fall into he was fine.

Javy is not even on the radar screen for my worries about this team

California Sox
06-15-2006, 12:40 AM
:rolleyes: Get real, Javy sucks.......the guy has got nasty stuff and besides that big inning all our pitchers seem to fall into he was fine.

Javy is not even on the radar screen for my worries about this team

He's making like $13mil a year, has an ERA of four and a half and has given up five or more runs in a third of his starts. While that might not constitute "sucking" it certainly does not represent value.

Scary as it is to say, right now I think
McCarthy (starting) + Vizcaino > Vazquez + McCarthy (in bullpen).

And that's without mentioning we're also out CYoung, El Duque and about $10mil.

I'll admit, I'm not a totally objective observer in that I am a huge McCarthy believer and was a FOCY, so I adamently opposed the Vazquez acquisition. But Javy is doing too much right now to support my side of the argument. He has to get it in gear or that trade's going to be a disaster.

oeo
06-15-2006, 12:46 AM
This was just one of those games you'd like to forget. We couldn't have thought the Sox were going to take all 4 at a pretty good team's home. We still have a very good shot at taking the series (which is huge), with Buehrle on the mound. I've got a feeling Mark is going to be stellar tomorrow. Let's just take the game tomorrow and 3/4 in Texas is very good.

BadBobbyJenks
06-15-2006, 12:46 AM
He's making like $13mil a year, has an ERA of four and a half and has given up five or more runs in a third of his starts. While that might not constitute "sucking" it certainly does not represent value.

I'll admit, I'm not a totally objective observer in that I am a huge McCarthy believer and was a FOCY, so I adamently opposed the Vazquez acquisition. But Javy is doing too much right now to support my side of the argument. He has to get it in gear or that trade's going to be a disaster.

I love everything el duque did for us, but he would have had no role this year. Cyoung was expendable because of Anderson and with all those fossils in the zona outfield where cyoung hasnt been able to get a shot makes me think he was never going to be in the show with us any way. I have been a big fan of Javy since he was in Montreal, I have all the faith in the world in him and I am sure he will be pitching 3rd in our playoff rotation. Brining in Vazquez gives us the flexibility to trade one of our starters and prospects for what ever is needed in the offseason...Great Trade

oeo
06-15-2006, 12:48 AM

Isn't that the same crap we were hearing about Jose this time last year? Javy is good, and he's working things out currently. By the end of the season, he'll be up there with our top pitchers, Contreras and Buehrle.

El Duque is running on fumes right now, and he would be worse than Javy in the AL. I thank El Duque for what he did for us last year, but I'd rather have Javy. And until Chris Young does something at the major league level, don't even bring him into the conversation.

infohawk
06-15-2006, 12:57 AM
Bad game, but a loss is a loss. This doesn't count anymore than our game against Cleveland that was dubbed the best loss of the year. Lets just hope they bring their A game tomorrow. I agree. There is way too much drama affixed to individual games anymore. I attribute that to the bar being raised so high, which is ultimately a good thing. We win a couple games and everybody is happy. We lose a couple, or in this case one, but badly, and players are accused of not trying, mailing it in, playing with no passion, etc. These guys try and win every game. It just didn't happen tonight. If they don't hit, credit the opposing pitcher or the umpire or a mixture of both. For example, Jim Thome, who always plays hard, didn't try and pop-up with two on and one out in what was one of our best scoring opportunities.

At the present rate of play, the Sox project to win exactly 99 games. Right where they were last year. This is despite the shaky bullpen, despite the somewhat erratic outings from some of our starters every now and then, despite our centerfielder hitting below the Mendozza line and despite some pretty poor contributions on offense from Uribe. KW hasn't even begun to address our apparent deficiencies yet and we're still winning.

DaleJRFan
06-15-2006, 01:07 AM
You guys know what really pisses me off?? Its not so much that AJ got drilled twice, or that JV got tattooed, or that the offense laid eggs for nine innings... It's that i have to listen to dopeheaded self-righteous whiner douchebags on the radio for the next 3 months telling me that my team has no heart.

Have McCarthy AND Buehrle warming in the BP before the game tomorrow. Throw at the first 3 batters in the first inning - Then McCarthy can come in after the brawl.

chisoxfanatic
06-15-2006, 01:17 AM
The thing that pissed me off the most about this game was that we had ducks on the pond with NOBODY out, yet could not score! That was a LUCKY bounce by Iguchi, that got past Padilla, allowing Makowiak to be easily thrown out at the plate. Thome and Konerko did not approach the plate very well in that inning either. THAT all made me wanna hurl!

samram
06-15-2006, 08:16 AM
I'm as mad as the next guy, but this is just stupid! What world are you living in?

Yeah, headhunting doesn't do anyone any good. I think beating them 10-1 tonight would be far better revenge. That will send the Rangers further toward their eventual 81-81 finish with a nice October on the golf course.

BeviBall!
06-15-2006, 08:34 AM
Yeah, headhunting doesn't do anyone any good. I think beating them 10-1 tonight would be far better revenge. That will send the Rangers further toward their eventual 81-81 finish with a nice October on the golf course.

Yes. This is the best way to retaliate. This and no more Gload and Mack in the OF together.

batmanZoSo
06-15-2006, 09:09 AM
If we win tonight, that's 3/4 at a first place team's park. That's not bad at all. And on the plus side, Buehrle has a 7-1 record against Texas.

jenn2080
06-15-2006, 09:12 AM
That game sucked. I watched maybe 3 innings. That was enough for me. NO reason to stress.

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2006, 09:49 AM
Yes. This is the best way to retaliate. This and no more Gload and Mack in the OF together.

I'm really sick of these "they called our manhood into question" posts. This isn't a high school boys locker room.
:rolleyes:

The way to show you are "more of a man" than the team that's beaning your catcher is to make certain that AJ scores each and every time he gets beaned. That stops the beanings right away.

Oh, and how about Pods, Iguchi and Thome going better than zero-for-10 with two pissant walks? How about not playing two infielders in the outfield at the same time?

samram
06-15-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm really sick of these "they called our manhood into question" posts. This isn't a high school boys locker room.

The way to show you are "more of a man" than the team that's beaning your catcher is to make certain that AJ scores each and every time he gets beaned. That stops the beanings right away.

Oh, and how about Pods, Iguchi and Thome going better than zero-for-10 with two pissant walks? How about not playing two infielders in the outfield at the same time?

Yeah, I'm actually wondering at this point what good beaning Blalock would have done. That is beside the issue of whether Tracey should do something if ordered. However, bringing in some kid to hit a guy when down 8-0 doesn't really provide protection. If you really want to protect a guy, hit the very first guy who comes up the next inning after the provocative HBP.

And yes, the top three might just want to think about getting a hit.

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2006, 10:18 AM
A few comments here about Rangers' fans:

I've never seen a more pathetic fan base. At least there are intelligent, life-long Cubs fans sprinkled among the legions of freshly-minted Big 10 grads who move to the North Side to be close to the world's largest beer garden

Many don't show up to support their team when they are winning.

Some of the fans are ignorant hillbillies (as opposed to Daver, who is an intelligent redneck) looking for a place to guzzle beer and kill time between spring football and fall football.

Others are church youth group bandwagoneers looking to interact with the fallen world for an evening.

Still others are wealthy upper-middle class "Desperate Housewives" and their henpecked husbands who need a way to one-up their country club friends by dropping ten bills to spoil their children and a dozen of their closest snot-nosed friends with various high-fructose corn syrup delivery devices.

Many attendees are transplanted fans of Midwest, Rust Belt and East Coast teams who come to see their old favorites from back home. Seriously, most of the basbeall fans in this area came from other parts of the country where baseball isn't fighting basketball for scraps left over behind high school football, pro football, college football, spring college football, and football recruiting season.

In short, most of the attendees who were booing AJ didn't even know why they were booing.

Jurr
06-15-2006, 10:18 AM
It just looks more and more apparent to me that these guys are always pressing on the road. Opportunities to get back into this game were everywhere, but nobody could get that big hit. It seems like at home, they don't have much of a problem getting back into a game.

However, I feel that this team has a good chance to reverse last year's trend and play their lights out baseball near the end of the season, once BA or his replacement begins to get comfortable with the team.

Until then, I can't get too frustrated with the overall package this team's got - they're only 1 game and a half out of the best record in baseball. How many years would we have been happy to have a team so far above .500??? Just because they won the WS, doesn't mean they're going to be lights out every year.

bluestar
06-15-2006, 12:23 PM
I completely agree that the best revenge would have been to beat the crap out of the Rangers last night. Since they didn't do that, they need to do it tonight. But, of course, that is easier said than done. I'm just hoping Buerhle doesn't take it upon himself to retaliate and get tossed early in the game tonight.

I feel very sorry for Tracey, as he appears to be bearing the brunt of Ozzie's (and everyone's) frustrations over the way the Sox failed to execute last night. Anytime you have runners on second and third and nobody out, there is simply no excuse for not scoring. You don't deserve to win, nor are you going to win often if you cannot execute fundamental baseball.

I know we have the second best record in the MLB, but these recurring lapses to which this team seems to be prone are very disturbing.

And I simply cannot understand what Gload was doing in RF last night. I have seen nothing to indicate Dye was sick or injured. I know Ozzie likes to give guys off days periodically, but under no circumstances should Gload and Mackowiak both be in the outfield if there are any alternatives.

palehozenychicty
06-15-2006, 02:32 PM
And the Indians lost as well. About the only thing to take out of this train wreck.

I'm not worried about the Indians at all. They look nothing like the team they had last year, especially in this Yankee series.