PDA

View Full Version : D Rays not losing yet

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 07:37 PM
And it is already the 2nd inning.

Hawk's boy Bonderman is on the mound against the ex-NBAer Hendrickson.

Unfortunately, the Casey Fossum Experience is scheduled for tomorrow. Good god, has TB actually developed one pitcher besides Victor Zambrano or Joe Kennedy?

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Whoa....hold your horses, 1-0 D-Rays in the bottom of the 5th.

California Sox
06-14-2006, 09:29 PM
2 on 2 out bottom of the ninth 1-0 D-Rays. Yet another ninth inning extended for kittens by opponent's error. By my count that is 4 times in the last three weeks.

California Sox
06-14-2006, 09:29 PM
And of course they take advantage of it again. 1-1. :angry:

JUribe1989
06-14-2006, 09:30 PM
****ing unreal, Mark Hendrickson pitches 9 innings and gives up 1 run and we are going to extra innings. The Devil Rays are a ****ing joke.

California Sox
06-14-2006, 09:31 PM
The "rally" was a ground ball to the third baseman scored a hit. An error by the third baseman and a duck snort.

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 09:47 PM
Zumaya struck out 5 of the 6 batters he faced in the 9th and 10th.

Based loaded, top of the 10th and Cantu flew out to deep left.

I think the Las Vegas odds of TB winning now would be about 80-1.

Tonight has officially moved into serious suckage after merly being just a Sox suck night. Maybe Anderson will hit a pinch-hit homer this time, and we'll come up two short.

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 09:50 PM
On the bright side, the Tigers have 2 outs and nobody on....

Which means they will win it RIGHT now.

Geez...these Tigers are starting to remind me of the recent Twins teams. Well, at least we did it to them twice last week or things would look a lot worse.

Top of the 11th...who´d a thunk it, Brian Meadows, of all scrubby pitchers, gets the job done...and they will have to take out Zumaya, so there is still a small chance.

Okay, I´m going to predict Todd Jones gives up multiple runs and Zumaya and-or Rodney are named the closer by committee for the near future. Cross your fingers.

And how does Jamie Freakin' Walker have an 0.93 ERA? That´s more amazing than Politte last year. I guess the same way the closer of the best team has a 6.29 ERA and just got Hollins and Gomes out.

Bottom of the 11th, the Bataan Death March known as tonight continues on....only to be replaced by George Carlin and Anne Coulter.

VenturaFan23
06-14-2006, 09:53 PM
why couldn't the D-Rays roll over for us when we were playing them? :angry:

Gavin
06-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Todd Jones with a 6+ ERA still has a legit job with Detroit.

Someone please explain this to me.

DaleJRFan
06-14-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm not too concerned with the Devil Rays and Tigers. Is it the Devil Rays or Tigers fault that the White Sox played like ****ing **** tonight with no desire or heart? Nope.

I am almost rooting for the Tigers to win so that the Sox will look at the standings and say "Crap, maybe we should try tomorrow.."

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 09:59 PM
16 games over .500 has been a curse for us this season...that´s either 3 or 4 times we made it, only to be turned back

That game was over in the top of the 3rd when we failed to score with runners on 2nd and 3rd...I turned off the computer as soon as I saw that Vazquez was going to have one of his patented Jon Garland meltdown innings.

That's the difference with Contreras and Buehrle....they buckle down in the those situations and 90% of the time limit the damage. With Garland, Garcia and Vazquez, almost anything is possible.

infohawk
06-14-2006, 10:02 PM
16 games over .500 has been a curse for us this season...thatīs either 3 or 4 times we made it, only to be turned back
I was thinking the same thing. It's become like the eight game winning streaks last year. We could never quite get that ninth game.

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Hey, we had the exact same number of posts until I just beat you by one.

Take that, lol. I guess I should be labelled a headcase for posting the same number with 1.25 less years here!

Then again, I could never keep up with ncorgbl on whitesox.com, that guy led the world in posting. I don´t think he left his computer all freaking day.

Jose.Contreras, can you teach the rest of our pitching staff how to pitch from different arm angles, maybe that will help Vazquez or Garcia? Garland, we don´t want to mess with after one of his first decent outings of the season.

zmz723
06-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Todd Jones with a 6+ ERA still has a legit job with Detroit.

Someone please explain this to me.

the same reason jon garland has a 6+ era and still has a legit job

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 10:09 PM
He´s gotten it down below 6 the last couple of times out...it´s a HARD 6, lol!!! As Hawk likes to say.

And we move on to the top of the 12th. At least Detroit doesn´t have Geoff Blum, and TB doesn´t have Wandy Rodriguez out there on the mound.

CHISOXFAN13
06-14-2006, 10:10 PM
the same reason jon garland has a 6+ era and still has a legit job

Guess you forgot the 18 wins in the regular season, dominant win in the ALCS and a decent outing in Game three of the WS?

Let me know when Todd Jones accomplished something similar.

oeo
06-14-2006, 10:12 PM
16 games over .500 has been a curse for us this season...that´s either 3 or 4 times we made it, only to be turned back

That game was over in the top of the 3rd when we failed to score with runners on 2nd and 3rd...I turned off the computer as soon as I saw that Vazquez was going to have one of his patented Jon Garland meltdown innings.

That's the difference with Contreras and Buehrle....they buckle down in the those situations and 90% of the time limit the damage. With Garland, Garcia and Vazquez, almost anything is possible.
There's no such thing as curses. It's just playing ****ty baseball; all it is, is a coincidence. They came out and showed no fire from the beginning, they deserve to lose. Really sucks because I thought they had stopped that bull**** that they didn't care. It's about time they start caring, we're mid-June and we can't keep saying, it's still early. It's time to start playing to our potential.

We shouldn't need help from other teams to beat the Tigers. We need to beat them ourselves, and in the meantime win some games while we're not playing them.

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 10:17 PM
1st and 2nd with one out against Jones.

It is going to be really interesting to see if OG lights into them again (I think the Toronto series was the last time) or lets it go.

His line-up didn´t really help things either...don´t know if Mackowiak or Gload made any ridiculous plays in the OF, but they shouldn´t be on the field at the same time. Usually, OG´s crazy line-ups pay off somehow, but this had disaster written on it before the first pitch.

And the vastly overhyped Carl Crawford has made two huge outs with runners in scoring position and a chance to change the game and get a win for his team finally, assuming the pen-defense didn´t blow another lead. Now we know why Piniella gave up.

Bases loaded again, two outs again, Cantu up again...can history repeat itself?

Conversation between OG and Candy Maldonado...
hola, no pude ver tus llamadas anoche porque estaba dormido muy enfermo y no había podido salir a llamar tampoco, quería saber como te había ido en el viaje y mas que viajabas sola supongo o no se con quien en todo caso quería saber como te había ido , me dices en el mensaje que te gustarían muchas cosas ,volver conmigo y que me amas pero que no he cambiado , y como vas a saber si he cambiado si no me has dado la oportunidad de demostrartelo , yo me comporto contigo como tu te comportas conmigo y siempre he querido demostrarte que las cosas pueden ser mejor y tu no has querido , entonces una cosas es que yo no haya cambiado y otra muy diferente es que tu no quieres saber si he cambiado. ahh si terminas diciéndome en el mensaje que si no quiero saber mas de ti , como si yo lo hubiera dicho,,,tu sabes que me encanta saber de ti ,pero parece que cuando yo te llamo a ti no te gusta, en todo caso las cosas están en tus manos si quieres o no volver conmigo. Cuídate mucho, te amo y de verdad que me haces mucha falta y te extraño mucho .ojala te vaya bien con lo de la universidad .chao?

zmz723
06-14-2006, 10:20 PM
3 run double!!!!!!!!!!! 4-1 rays

BeviBall!
06-14-2006, 10:21 PM
4-1! Cantu!

rookie
06-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Yea D Rays! Thanks for showing up when the Sox couldn't!

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 10:22 PM
The Giants win the pennant, the Giants win the pennant!!!!!

Cantu doubled in three runs, hold your fingers now that the bullpen can hold the lead once again.

Bump34
5-1 Rays!!!

CHISOXFAN13
5-1 Rays!!!

We love you Willsy!!!

zmz723
back to back doubles, 5-1 now

Brian26
06-14-2006, 10:23 PM
5-1 Rays!!!

Get back to work! :D:

Erik The Red
06-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Thank goodness... You know, it would be great if we could capitalize on this... "if" being the operative word.

Bump34
06-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Cross your fingers... Tim Corcoran is coming in to close it out... we just called him up from Durham...

infohawk
Hopefully the D-Rays can hang on. Back to our pitching staff, I am sure KW will do something to upgrade the bullpen. I'm also hoping that our starters really get going in the second half and go on one heck of a run. They are capable of doing just that. Last year they started out great and became a little inconsistent during the second half - at least until the playoffs started where they just dominated.

caulfield12
Todd Jones new ERA=7.27, assuming a 5th run doesnīt score this inning

I guess my prediction, though no stretch about Jones, came through after all...unfortunately, I think Zumaya and Rodney will end up being tougher. But their set up men just got stretched out, because Jones is done. The Tigers donīt have anyone for the 6th or 7th.

CHISOXFAN13
06-14-2006, 10:26 PM
Todd Jones new ERA=7.27, assuming a 5th run doesnīt score this inning

I guess my prediction, though no stretch about Jones, came through after all...unfortunately, I think Zumaya and Rodney will end up being tougher. But their set up men just got stretched out, because Jones is done. The Tigers donīt have anyone for the 6th or 7th.

And who knows if Zumaya has the mental makeup to handle the closer's role. This is definitely a good thing.

Bump34
06-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Rays Win!!! Rays Win!!! Rays Win!!!:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

CHISOXFAN13
06-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Rays Win!!! Rays Win!!! Rays Win!!!:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

I think we need more Dave Wills tomorrow afternoon in the game thread. Could be the magic we needed!!

Brian26
06-14-2006, 10:32 PM
:wills
"Here's hoping you enjoyed the broadcast, I know you liked the outcome."

Bump34
06-14-2006, 10:36 PM
"Here's hoping you enjoyed the broadcast, I know you liked the outcome."

Thanks!!!

Erik The Red
06-15-2006, 07:09 AM