PDA

View Full Version : Anderson's Slow Start

FloridaSox
06-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Let me give you an example from another major league career:

As a rookie, he batted .196 striking out 35% of the time. And then what happened?

This player went on to have a Major League career of 18 seasons. He won 12 gold gloves in his career, won 6 silver sluggers at his position, was named league MVP 3 times, and, yes he is in the Hall of Fame.

Do you know who the player was?

I am not forecasting a Hall of Fame career for Anderson, but he is going to be a major league regular for a long time. I just hope it is with the Sox.

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 07:31 PM
I think Mike Schmidt would be a better comparison for Joe Crede's early career than anything else.

Hopefully BA doesn't equal Chris Snopek instead. We would all settle for any comparisons between Ventura, Schmidt and BA being in the same sentence in a national publication at some point in his career, lol.

Aubrey Huff is even up to .184, lol. Of course, he makes a lot more money!

MikeLove
06-14-2006, 07:43 PM
there are probably 50 times as many centerfielders that started off bad and played bad for the rest of their most likely short careers. Either way it has no baring on Anderson's career.

Ol' No. 2
06-14-2006, 11:05 PM
there are probably 50 times as many centerfielders that started off bad and played bad for the rest of their most likely short careers. Either way it has no baring on Anderson's career.Really. I love these ridiculous comparisons. I guess the best way to build a World Series team is to round up every crappy rookie you can get your hands on and wait for them all to turn into Gold-Glove winning MVP All-Stars just like Ventura and Mike Schmidt.:rolleyes:

rainbow6
06-14-2006, 11:49 PM
This has become tiresome....

I'm a fan of BA, I'm glad he's still on the team, but these posts comparing him to other players who had bad starts is nothing short of moronic.

For every Ventura, there are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of examples of struggling rookies who eventually fell off the map...

I'm hoping against hope that Anderson can salvage this season - I have not posted a negative word about him - but to see a reference to Ventura or someone similar everytime he puts up an Ofer is getting old.

Luke

IlliniSox4Life
06-14-2006, 11:52 PM
****, if that guy did so good, why won't they let me play this year, and after I finish batting .001 with 132 errors, I can go on to win 36 MVP awards and hit over 1,600 home runs.

BadBobbyJenks
06-15-2006, 12:06 AM
How many Anderson threads are running right now????

enough is enough