PDA

View Full Version : *official* Tigers versus Cubs the discussion and game thread

Pages : [1] 2

ajismyhero
06-14-2006, 02:04 PM
So....what what's the consensus on this weekend? Are we actually rooting for the Cubs so that the Tiger's can a lose a few? I'm so torn!

1951Campbell
06-14-2006, 02:06 PM
So....what what's the consensus on this weekend? Are we actually rooting for the Cubs so that the Tiger's can a lose a few? I'm so torn!

You bet we're rooting for the Cubs.

jenn2080
06-14-2006, 02:07 PM
I wish the Cubs all the best. There is reason to go to a bar and cheer them on but I in a million years never thought Id be hoping for a Cubs sweep but this weekend I am. GO CUBS KICK SOME TIGERS ASS!

tebman
06-14-2006, 02:09 PM
I think it's a moot point. The Tigers are hot and the Cubs are, well...not. :redneck

We're probably going to have to wait until the Sox and Tigers go mano a mano in order to get back into first place like God intended.

CommanderPudge72
06-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Rooting Cubs all the way..

Momma didn't raise no fools...although I am not good at spelling or math...but I am not rooting in spite of our interests.

And besides..the best thing that can be said about the Cubs is that they are IRRELEVANT....yes, yes.

About time they wandered into a situation when I can actually not loathe them.

What's that saying about sunshine and a dog's posterior....this weekend, I am a Cubs tolerator.

jdm2662
As I celebrate my bday on Friday, here are the things I will be wishing for. Hopefully, one of them will come true:

*A free trip to Vegas
*An unknown source writing me a large check to pay off my mortgage and enough left over for a trip to the boat.
*To have my name called on a famous TV show to "Come on Down".
*A date with Jennifer Love Hewitt
*A Cubs sweep of the Tigers

None of these seem possible, but hey, I can wish, can't I?

miker
In the grand tradition celebrated by their fan base, the Baby Bears will lay down to the Tigers this weekend and not help us one bit! :angry:

kittle42
06-14-2006, 02:13 PM
If anyone here isn't rooting for the Cubs to take 6 in a row from Cleveland and Detroit, they aren't White Sox fans.

kittle42
Routing Cubs all the way..

You might also try rooting for them.

Chicken Dinner
Root for the Sox and take what happens with the Cubs/Tigers as either a plus or a minus.

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 02:14 PM
I think it's a moot point. The Tigers are hot and the Cubs are, well...not. :redneck

We're probably going to have to wait until the Sox and Tigers go mano a mano in order to get back into first place like God intended.

Actually, the flubbies just got off of a 3-game win streak. They are playing as well as they have in a long time currently. Yeah, they got spanked by the stros last night, but nothing is going to change the fact that the flubbies are a second tier club at the moment. Still, anything can happen and certainly weirder things have happened than a crappy team taking 2 out of 3 from the team with the best record in baseball.

To me this isn't even an issue... GO FLUBBIES!

Trav
06-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Three teams I will never root for unless I know that they need to win for the Sox to get to the playoffs and those are the cubs, NYY and the BoSox.

If the Tigers are three games ahead of the Sox at the end of the year then the Sox imploded. I just don't think that the Tigers will hang that close to us by the end of the year. If the Sox play like that should, good on the Tigers in the Wild Card chase.

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 02:16 PM
Three teams I will never root for unless I know that they need to win for the Sox to get to the playoffs and those are the cubs, NYY and the BoSox.

If the Tigers are three games ahead of the Sox at the end of the year then the Sox imploded. I just don't think that the Tigers will hang that close to us by the end of the year. If the Sox play like that should, good on the Tigers in the Wild Card chase.

Ah so you're more of a flubs hater than a Sox fan... Oh well... sorry to hear it...

Iwritecode

For whatever reason the Cubs seem to do pretty good against the better teams. Astros, Cardinals, Reds (this year). Then they get swept by the Braves, Marlins and Padres.

Wasn't it 2004 where they missed the playoffs because they couldn't beat the Mets or Reds (who were both pretty bad at the time) in late September?

hawkjt
Anyone that roots for the tigers is just not a thinking sox fan.

The cubs are out of it- who cares if they win some meaningless games for them when they could end up being the diff for the sox winning the division or even making the playoffs?

I am just pissed that the cubs moved Z up to pitch against the stros and pushed Rusch back to face the tigers on Sat.(sure win for tigers)

Just have to hope that new kid marmol is tough again on Friday against the tigers or they are looking at a sweep. If I was a suspcious person I would say the cubs are trying to lose that series to the tigers starting two rookies and rusch.

And for the sox they will trot out Z, Prior, and maddux.

PAPChiSox729
06-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know the probable starters for that series? If so, who are they?

MarySwiss
06-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Three Cubs losses get us nothing. Three Tigers losses and we are most likely right back in first place where we belong.

Seems simple enough to me....:cool:

SoxFan78
06-14-2006, 02:21 PM
I would be lying if I said it would be easy to cheer for the Cubs this weekend, but my alliances lie with the Sox, and they need to get to first place by ANY MEANS NECESSARY. So if that means the Cubs need to step up and beat somebody, im all for it.

I will not be watching any of the games, as I will be in Cincy watching my White Sox.

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 02:22 PM

The cubs are out of it- who cares if they win some meaningless games for them when they could end up being the diff for the sox winning the division or even making the playoffs?

I am just pissed that the cubs moved Z up to pitch against the stros and pushed Rusch back to face the tigers on Sat.(sure win for tigers)

Just have to hope that new kid marmol is tough again on Friday against the tigers or they are looking at a sweep. If I was a suspcious person I would say the cubs are trying to lose that series to the tigers starting two rookies and rusch.

And for the sox they will trot out Z, Prior, and maddux.

More likely they are trying to up their odds of beating the Astros. I mean even though the season is most likely over, it's a bit early to be throwing in the towel, especially with Prior and Lee due back pretty soon.

Uncle_Patrick
06-14-2006, 02:22 PM
There should be no question about this. Anyone rooting against the Cubs when they play the Tigers should never come to this site again.

CHISOXFAN13
06-14-2006, 02:23 PM

Torn about what? I want the Sox to win the division. I give two ****s about what the Cubs do. I hope the North Side team wins all three and three more next week against the Tribe while they are at it. Hell, I'll take a nine-game winning streak because I hate the ****ing Twins, too.

Trav
06-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Ah so you're more of a flubs hater than a Sox fan... Oh well... sorry to hear it...

Not true. I just don't see the Tigers as a team that will be three games or less in front of the Sox at the end of the year. If it came down to the Sox needing those games then of course I would root for the Sox to go to the playoffs but until that happens, I will be rooting for an AL Central team to win the WC.

TornLabrum
06-14-2006, 02:25 PM

Are you Hangar in disguise?

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Not true. I just don't see the Tigers as a team that will be three games or less in front of the Sox at the end of the year. If it came down to the Sox needing those games then of course I would root for the Sox to go to the playoffs but until that happens, I will be rooting for an AL Central team to win the WC.

Me two, NY and Boston scare me WAY more than any of the ALC teams.

Not that I think my rooting one way or the other has an impact on the outcome of the games, but since every game counts, why not root for them now?

cbotnyse
If you dont root for the Cubs this series you shouldnt be posting here...IMHO.

TornLabrum

I admire your restraint for putting it that way.

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Are you Hangar in disguise?

I was going to ask something similar, but two things came to mind...

1) I didn't want to restart the Hangsession thread that just got closed in the Roadhouse.

2) Even Henry said he would be rooting for the flubbies in a similar thread earlier in the year. :o:

jenn2080
06-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Torn about what? I want the Sox to win the division. I give two ****s about what the Cubs do. I hope the North Side team wins all three and three more next week against the Tribe while they are at it. Hell, I'll take a nine-game winning streak because I hate the ****ing Twins, too.

HELL YA WELL SAID! GO CUBS! Never thought Id have to say that! But its true. Get it done.

Chip Z'nuff
06-14-2006, 02:28 PM
I don't root for losers.

Iwritecode
06-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Just think, the Sox will be playing the NL central at the same time.

Cub fans will be going through the same dilemma of who to root for.

TornLabrum
06-14-2006, 02:30 PM

If the Sox lose by less than three games, and the Cubs lose all three to the Tigers, I'm holding you personally responsible.

Here's something to remember: "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Trav
06-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Me two, NY and Boston scare me WAY more than any of the ALC teams.

Not that I think my rooting one way or the other has an impact on the outcome of the games, but since every game counts, why not root for them now?

Why not? Because I just can't see the Tigers playing as well as the Sox should play for the entire season. Let me ask you all this, if the Royals were playing above their heads like they did a few years ago would you root for the cubs when they played?

Mark my words, if the Tigers are within three games of the Sox at the end of the year, the White Sox will have stumbled very badly-along the lines of what they did last year at the end of the season.

When they play the Tribe, I will be rethinking who I will root for because I think the Injuns are a much better team than how they are playing.

CHISOXFAN13
06-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Why not? Because I just can't see the Tigers playing as well as the Sox should play for the entire season. Let me ask you all this, if the Royals were playing above their heads like they did a few years ago would you root for the cubs when they played?

Mark my words, if the Tigers are within three games of the Sox at the end of the year, the White Sox will have stumbled very badly-along the lines of what they did last year at the end of the season.

When they play the Tribe, I will be rethinking who I will root for because I think the Injuns are a much better team than how they are playing.

The Tigers have a FAR better chance of making it to the postseason than the Cubs, so cheering for them is a no-brainer. The Sox are 40-24, hardly stumbling, yet still find themselves in second place.

GO CUBS.

Chip Z'nuff
06-14-2006, 02:38 PM
I would rather stick a fork in my eye that root for Josh Barett. The cubs are a pathetic organization and do not get my support in any way shape or form.

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 02:38 PM

I root for the flubbies every single time they are playing an AL club except for the Sox. It just doesn't matter to me that much to see them do poorly and every little bit that helps the Sox chances of making the playoffs is fine by me.

I don't pretend to be psychic so I don't try to predict the future. I have NO idea if Detroit will continue to play "over their head" the rest of the season. People continued to say this stuff about the Sox all last year and look where it got them. Beat the Kittens and do me a favor, Dusty...

Trav
06-14-2006, 02:39 PM
If you dont root for the Cubs this series you shouldnt be posting here...IMHO.

Well I am glad you are not a Mod. Funny that the two mods posting in this thread are discussing it like normal people and not banning those who don't think the Tigers are as good as they have been playing.

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Well I am glad you are not a Mod. Funny that the two mods posting in this thread are discussing it like normal people and not banning those who don't think the Tigers are as good as they have been playing.

We generally don't ban people for not being clear thinkers...:wink:

Iwritecode
06-14-2006, 02:43 PM

How about this...

Will the Cubs winning have any affect at all on the Sox making the playoffs? No.

Will the Tigers winning have any affect at all on the Sox making the playoffs?
Possibly.

That makes the choice easy.

Ol' No. 2
06-14-2006, 02:43 PM
Root for the Sox and take what happens with the Cubs/Tigers as either a plus or a minus.I'm with you. Take care of your own business and everything else takes care of itself. The Sox' fate is in their own hands. They don't need anyone's help.

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/nfl/2000/0509/photo/s_davis.jpg Just win, baby.

Iwritecode
06-14-2006, 02:44 PM
I would rather stick a fork in my eye that root for Josh Barett.

Who?

Baby Fisk
06-14-2006, 02:45 PM
I'd like the Tigers to lose all three games, so the newly-arrived kitty fans here at WSI can explain how something like that could happen. :cool:

Trav
06-14-2006, 02:47 PM
We generally don't ban people for not being clear thinkers...:wink:

Well I am glad that you have that policy.

So it is safe to assume that the majority of the people posting in this thread are thinking that the Tigers are going to play on a .600 clip for then entire season? Or whatever they are at right now. I don't want to hi-jack a good thread topic so I will just say that I don't see it and if they continue to play the way they have, we still have how many games against them? It's more than three. I know that much.

cbotnyse
06-14-2006, 02:47 PM
I admit that was a little over top, but my point is how can someone possibly want to see the Cubs lose in this series. nobody knows how the Tigers will do the rest of the year, but right now we are in second place. and we need the Tigers to lose.

I know I may be in the minority here, but I get no pleasure from seeing the Cubs lose. I get all my pleasure from the Sox winning, (and everyone else in the division losing)

champagne030
06-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Actually, the flubbies just got off of a 3-game win streak. They are playing as well as they have in a long time currently. Yeah, they got spanked by the stros last night, but nothing is going to change the fact that the flubbies are a second tier club at the moment. Still, anything can happen and certainly weirder things have happened than a crappy team taking 2 out of 3 from the team with the best record in baseball.

To me this isn't even an issue... GO FLUBBIES!

Save your energy. Marmol, Rusch and Marshall vs. Robertson, Verlander and Rogers. Marmol actually pitched well against the Reds, but since the Robertson is better than an "off the scrap heap lefty" the Flubs will be served a shutout. Verlander vs. Rusch :o: . Ditto the Robertson comments for the Gambler and Marshall.

I'll hope for the best, but I'm not going to expect anything other than a Kitty Litter sweep.

Chip Z'nuff
06-14-2006, 02:49 PM
Who?
he doesn't deserve the name Michael :smile:

Dick Allen
06-14-2006, 02:50 PM
Is there a way they could both lose? Actually, it's not in my blood to root for the Cubs. If that bothers anybody, well.. too bad.

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Well I am glad that you have that policy.

So it is safe to assume that the majority of the people posting in this thread are thinking that the Tigers are going to play on a .600 clip for then entire season? Or whatever they are at right now. I don't want to hi-jack a good thread topic so I will just say that I don't see it and if they continue to play the way they have, we still have how many games against them? It's more than three. I know that much.

Well, I don't know and that's what it comes down to. The flubbies are irrelevent to me. I just don't care about them. I check their standings once a week or so just like I check all of the standings, but honestly, it just doesn't matter whether they win or lose or make the playoffs to me.

You hate them I'm indifferent to them. In fact, if I had to choose, I'd probably wish them well so my good friends who are mostly flubbie fans can have some fun and enjoy themselves too. That might have been different a few years ago, but the WS has completely ended any concern I have about that team - not that it was a major issue for me before.

Every game teams in the ALC lose helps the Sox. That's what it comes down to. You want to try and make it into something else and justify it by saying you can predict the rest of the season for the kittens, knock yourself out. I prefer to live in the here and now and right here, right now, the kittens are in first and the Sox are in second. The faster that situation gets recified, the happier I will be.

CHISOXFAN13
06-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Is there a way they could both lose? Actually, it's not in my blood to root for the Cubs. If that bothers anybody, well.. too bad.

I feel the same way, though about cheering for any team from Detroit and Minnesota for that matter.

jenn2080
06-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Well, I don't know and that's what it comes down to. The flubbies are irrelevent to me. I just don't care about them. I check their standings once a week or so just like I check all of the standings, but honestly, it just doesn't matter whether they win or lose or make the playoffs to me.

You hate them I'm indifferent to them. In fact, if I had to choose, I'd probably wish them well so my good friends who are mostly flubbie fans can have some fun and enjoy themselves too. That might have been different a few years ago, but the WS has completely ended any concern I have about that team - not that it was a major issue for me before.

Every game teams in the ALC lose helps the Sox. That's what it comes down to. You want to try and make it into something else and justify it by saying you can predict the rest of the season for the kittens, knock yourself out. I prefer to live in the here and now and right here, right now, the kittens are in first and the Sox are in second. The faster that situation gets recified, the happier I will be.

:supernana: :supernana:
Well said!!!!

Ol' No. 2
I admit that was a little over top, but my point is how can someone possibly want to see the Cubs lose in this series. nobody knows how the Tigers will do the rest of the year, but right now we are in second place. and we need the Tigers to lose.

I know I may be in the minority here, but I get no pleasure from seeing the Cubs lose. I get all my pleasure from the Sox winning, (and everyone else in the division losing)Being in second place right now doesn't mean diddly squat. All that matters is who's in first place on October 2.

We don't "need" the Tigers to lose. We need the Sox to win. Everything else takes care of itself.

Chip Z'nuff

how about 3 straight 0-0 ties through 22 innings that end in bench clearing brawls, disco records on the field, and a huge fire in the precious scoreboard.

I might even watch it

CommanderPudge72
I will settle this once and for all....PLEASE PEOPLE.

I will combine the two teams Tigers/Cubs and have them play DA Coach and Fisk...

Even with bad knees and a replaced hip, Da Fisk Coach combo will trash our mutual enemies in time for a beef sandwich and a Falstaff. 32-2...

we will spot them 2 runs by constantly beaning all Cub and Tiger players at bat till they score the 2.

Next question......

Tiger23
06-14-2006, 02:58 PM
I'd like the Tigers to lose all three games, so the newly-arrived kitty fans here at WSI can explain how something like that could happen. :cool:

That would be a tough one, but I'm sure there would have to be some logical excuse :cool: .

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 02:59 PM
how about 3 straight 0-0 ties through 22 innings that end in bench clearing brawls, disco records on the field, and a huge fire in the precious scoreboard.

I might even watch it

I'd definitely watch the hightlights...:D:

champagne030
06-14-2006, 03:00 PM
he doesn't deserve the name Michael :smile:

I call him Marty, but I guess that's an insult to a certain scrub 2nd baseman for the Red Sawx.

Trav
06-14-2006, 03:01 PM
I may be the only person on this board who likes the teams in the AL Central more than the other teams in the AL. I think the Sox will take care of what they need to take care of, including the rest of the games they have with both the Tigers and the Indians.

So doing the math, we are 1.5 games out I think. If we play the Tigers like we have then we can move up to first by the end of the year if the Tigers and Sox sweep their series.

Trav
06-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Being in second place right now doesn't mean diddly squat. All that matters is who's in first place on October 2.

We don't "need" the Tigers to lose. We need the Sox to win. Everything else takes care of itself.

I could have saved some time if I could have summerized my thoughts like that. Well said.

Chisox003
06-14-2006, 03:04 PM
Is this a serious question? :?:

Are you a Sox fan or a Cubs hater?

:rolleyes:

cbotnyse
06-14-2006, 03:06 PM
Being in second place right now doesn't mean diddly squat. All that matters is who's in first place on October 2.

I agree with you, but I just enjoy it more when the Sox are on top. I like the feeling of first place and I want to be there. And when I say the Tigers need to lose, I am looking at it from the fact that even if we took care of our business and won the rest of our games, the Tigers would need to lose or we'd finish in second.

Any Tigers loss makes are trip to the division title that much easier.

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Okay, one more reason to root for the flubbies this weekend...

The Sox have to play them in Wrigley soon too. You darned well know the flubbies are going to be fired up and give the Sox their best shot. Heck, by then Prior might be back in the rotation. It's one of those series where you can throw the records and to some extent the talent out the window. It's emotional and those emotions can change the dynamics of the games played.

So, if we have to take the flubbies best shot, hopefully the kittens will too...

D. TODD
06-14-2006, 03:08 PM
At this point in the season I root for the Tigers to lose every time they play. This series will be no different, I will be rooting for the Tigers to lose. I like to look at it that way instead of saying I'm rooting for the Scrubs this weekend.:tongue:

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 03:09 PM
I agree with you, but I just enjoy it more when the Sox are on top. I like the feeling of first place and I want to be there. And when I say the Tigers need to lose, I am looking at it from the fact that even if we took care of our business and won the rest of our games, the Tigers would need to lose or we'd finish in second.

Actually, if the Sox won the rest of their games, they would by definition win the division by 12 games as they have 13 H2H matchups with the kittens left.

Trav
06-14-2006, 03:11 PM

Not true. If both the Tigers and the Sox finish the way they have been playing, the Sox would win the head to head series and thus, advancing more than 1.5 games and be in first. That is my thinking anyway, but we have all ready decided that I don't think clearly.:smile:

cbotnyse
Actually, if the Sox won the rest of their games, they would by definition win the division by 12 games as they have 13 H2H matchups with the kittens left.

ahh good point......

MadetoOrta
If anyone here isn't rooting for the Cubs to take 6 in a row from Cleveland and Detroit, they aren't White Sox fans.

Amen.

davenicholson
06-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Many posters have already made this point and I agree with them: I am a Sox fan first, so I would naturally hope that any team in their division would lose as many games as possible, even to Chicago(nl). Will I watch and actively cheer? No. But when I check the scores and note that Detroit got swept, I will smile. Plus, anything that hastens the departure of the WSI band-wagonners from Detroit is OK by me.

cbotnyse
06-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Not true. If both the Tigers and the Sox finish the way they have been playing, the Sox would win the head to head series and thus, advancing more than 1.5 games and be in first. That is my thinking anyway, but we have all ready decided that I don't think clearly.:smile:
yes I was wrong about that, but I hope you see my train of thought.......Sox win as many as possible and all the other teams lose as much as possible.

jenn2080
06-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Hell I may even take down my White Sox WS Champs flag out of my window and put up a Cubs flag that is how much I want them to win.

kraut83
06-14-2006, 03:19 PM
I have no shame in rooting for the cubs over the next week.

Maybe they will win 6 straight starting Friday. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while!

Chip Z'nuff
06-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Hell I may even take down my White Sox WS Champs flag out of my window and put up a Cubs flag that is how much I want them to win.
:bundy

Trav
06-14-2006, 03:21 PM
yes I was wrong about that, but I hope you see my train of thought.......Sox win as many as possible and all the other teams lose as much as possible.

Oh, I understand almost everyones point on the matter. I just don't agree.

SOXPHILE
06-14-2006, 03:25 PM
This is one of those odd occurences that I never thought could come about. I'm actually rooting for.....the...C.....Cu........Cu......(Deep breath)- I'll be rooting for...the......Cu........C......,<sighs>...I'll be hoping that a team with blue hats and a red C on them that plays on the north side of the city of Chicago is able to defeat the Detroit Tigers this weekend, therefore helping out the White Sox. There. It will have this icky, odd, weird, Bizaro World feel about it though.

On a side note, what will it be like for all those Cub fan who "Don't care about the White Sox" ? They'll be rootin' for their lil' team, but will they realize that by winning, it helps the White Sox ?

jenn2080
06-14-2006, 03:25 PM
:bundy

I was kidding of course!

TornLabrum
06-14-2006, 03:26 PM

The Tigers need to lose more games then us for us to pass them between now and the end of play October 1. We have plenty of opportunities to do so. HOWEVER, every game they lose is one less we have to win in order to do that.

Chip Z'nuff
06-14-2006, 03:29 PM
I was kidding of course!

Whew! I don't even think your car would perform properly with one of those things hanging from it

PatK
06-14-2006, 03:31 PM
Does anyone know the probable starters for that series? If so, who are they?

Dusty wants to know the same thing.

jenn2080
06-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Whew! I don't even think your car would perform properly with one of those things hanging from it

no this is one of the big flags that hangs in my window of my apartment....on the northside ;-)

Chip Z'nuff
06-14-2006, 03:36 PM
no this is one of the big flags that hangs in my window of my apartment....on the northside ;-)

Ahh even worse your back porch would probably collapse. :smile:

StockdaleForVeep
06-14-2006, 04:14 PM

Who cares if u root for the cubs or not?

Im rootin cuz i need the cubs to win for A. helpin us in the race
B. It helps the NL central race needin the brewers to win the central or wildcard

This whole "rivalry" thing is so trivial now, let the cubs win, its not gonna get them anywhere, besides, we play detroit more this season and have shown they are no threat while playing us

Frater Perdurabo
06-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Many posters have already made this point and I agree with them: I am a Sox fan first, so I would naturally hope that any team in their division would lose as many games as possible, even to Chicago(nl). Will I watch and actively cheer? No. But when I check the scores and note that Detroit got swept, I will smile. Plus, anything that hastens the departure of the WSI band-wagonners from Detroit is OK by me.

Agreed. I will not root FOR the Cubs. But I do WANT the Tigers and Indians to lose to whomever they are playing, including the Cubs. I hope all the Tigers-Cubs and Indians-Cubs games go 27 innings with all three teams burning through their entire pitching staffs so that when each team has to play the Sox again, they will be exhausted, weakened, and humiliated.
:D:

areilly
06-14-2006, 05:03 PM
As one of my Cub fan friends said when I asked him if he wanted to go to the Sox-Cardinals game:

"For me, that would be the equivalent of watching Hitler vs. Stalin in a fight to the death in the Octagon."

Translation: I hope they both lose.

DickAllen72
06-14-2006, 05:13 PM
You bet we're rooting for the Cubs.

You got a mouse in your pocket?

**** the Cubs.

For me, it's win/win. If the Tigers lose, that's great. If the Cubs lose, that's fine.

I want the Tigers to lose but I NEVER 'root" for the Cubs.

gbergman
06-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Go Cubs this weekend

StockdaleForVeep
06-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Also more wins the cubs get, the worse draft pick theyre getting

Theres no chance in hell they can win the central so let them win

SOXBOY
06-14-2006, 05:50 PM
Go Cubs Go

Ol' No. 2
06-14-2006, 05:57 PM
They should reinstate Hangar just for this weekend.:cool:

gf2020
06-14-2006, 06:00 PM
Trav, wouldn't you agree that it would be best if the Sox clinch the division as soon as possible, so that they can align their post-season rotation correctly and give rest to any everyday players who are fatigued or injured?

Both the Angels and White Sox had their spots clinched before the final weekend of the season last year and both won their first round series with preset rotations and rested players. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I don't think anybody here thinks the Tigers will be winning the division, but how could you possibly root against an NL team playing an AL team that we are currently behind when it could mean delaying a clincher until the season's final days, screwing with our rotation and health. Can you not imagine how you will feel if the Tigers and Sox both play 600 ball the rest of the way and we end up in a one game playoff situation or something?

The Cubs are already dead. They aren't going anywhere. Why would you not want them to sweep the team ahead of us?

Crede_Fan
06-14-2006, 06:14 PM
This Saturday is our company's sponsored day at Wrigley. So we all get tickets for the game. So I will be there rooting for the Tigers to lose, & laughing when the Cubs screw up like only the cubbies can.

ChiSoxLifer
06-14-2006, 06:17 PM

I'm hoping for three straight shutouts by the Cubs over the Tigers with Zambrano, Maddux, and whoever else starts to throw out their shoulder with one out left in the ninth.

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 06:22 PM
They should reinstate Hangar just for this weekend.:cool:

Hangar's ban is already over. He visited here earlier today but didn't post.

Ol' No. 2
06-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Hangar's ban is already over. He visited here earlier today but didn't post.He's probably going to need to be sedated for the weekend.

cbotnyse
06-14-2006, 06:40 PM
I hope this thread doesnt get a tomato award over a debate if we want the Tigers to lose...this is :nuts: :kukoo: :nuts:

TommyJohn
06-14-2006, 06:58 PM
I see the games are taking place in Wrigley Field. Why isn't this being hyped
up more? It is, after all, the Tigers first trip back to Chicago since the 1945
World Series, which was the last one a Chicago team played in.

TDog
06-14-2006, 07:06 PM
It's irrelevant who I root for. Who I root for has no effect on who wins, just as who wins has no effect on who I root for.

I am resigned to the Tigers winning because they are a better team. So are the Twins, Indians, every team in the AL West and maybe every team in the AL East.

Trav
06-15-2006, 02:49 AM
Trav, wouldn't you agree that it would be best if the Sox clinch the division as soon as possible, so that they can align their post-season rotation correctly and give rest to any everyday players who are fatigued or injured?

Both the Angels and White Sox had their spots clinched before the final weekend of the season last year and both won their first round series with preset rotations and rested players. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I don't think anybody here thinks the Tigers will be winning the division, but how could you possibly root against an NL team playing an AL team that we are currently behind when it could mean delaying a clincher until the season's final days, screwing with our rotation and health. Can you not imagine how you will feel if the Tigers and Sox both play 600 ball the rest of the way and we end up in a one game playoff situation or something?

The Cubs are already dead. They aren't going anywhere. Why would you not want them to sweep the team ahead of us?

I want them to clinch with enough time to set their rotations, of course. I just think that the Tigers will loose enough games after the all-star break that these three games will matter at all. Like someone pointed out all ready, we have something like 13 games left between us and the Tigers. If we play like we should, the 1.5 game lead that Tigers have now will not matter in the least.

Soxfanspcu11
06-15-2006, 03:02 AM
And besides..the best thing that can be said about the Cubs is that they are IRRELEVANT....yes, yes.

True, and I will be rooting for the flubs when they play Detroit as well.

But why is it that some people in the media and some flub fans are still convinced that the flubs are the best team in baseball???:?: I don't get it.

That is why it is going to be so hard for me to root for the flubs, even though I will.

Just tonight, on the channel 5 news, the sports guy (don't know his name) said something to the tune of, "And the Cubbies are still fighting hard and winning despite the fact that their all-star players are injured".:rolleyes:

I nearly puked when I heard this nonsense. I don't even know where to start saying what is wrong with that statement.

The Cubbies are winning???:?: The Cubbies are "fighting hard"???:?: They have all-star players???:?:

I don't even know what to think when I hear stuff like this anymore.

stacksedwards
06-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Hope the cubs can find a way to take two of three from detroit.
can dusty and his powerful line up lead by this three hitter todd walker take two of three from the Marbrol Man (Jim Leyland) and the tigers.

does not look good with the cubs running out aces such as Rusch, Marmol, and Marshall.

but i believe in miracles the cubs win the series
the cubs win the series
ooops I meant a series in June

vegyrex
06-15-2006, 11:08 AM
I'm rooting for a Tigers loss. :redneck

Tigerslover
06-15-2006, 03:26 PM
As I celebrate my bday on Friday, here are the things I will be wishing for. Hopefully, one of them will come true:

*To have my name called on a famous TV show to "Come on Down".

Is it safe to assume you're going out to LA to try and get on the show? If so, good luck to you, hope your name gets called.

BTW TommyJohn, the Tigers last played the Cubs in Chicago in 2000 for the record.

Chip Z'nuff
06-15-2006, 03:34 PM
BTW TommyJohn, the Tigers last played the Cubs in Chicago in 2000 for the record.

Which record? My guess would be the Monkey's Greatest Hits

Frater Perdurabo
06-15-2006, 05:17 PM
I hope this thread doesnt get a tomato award over a debate if we want the Tigers to lose...this is :nuts: :kukoo: :nuts:

:nuts: :kukoo: :nuts: wins! :bandance:

:tomatoaward

Ol' No. 2
06-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Aaaand that's it from the Friendly Confines today. Gas Can Howry coughs it up again and the Cubs get swept by the 'Stros. At this moment they're a half-game worse than the Marlins and only one game above the Pirates for the worst record in the NL. Can they catch the Royals?

And people are hoping they'll take two out of three from the Tigers? One would be a miracle.

SBSoxFan
06-15-2006, 05:29 PM
Which record? My guess would be the Monkey's Greatest Hits

It's Monkees.

giganticHead
06-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Aaaand that's it from the Friendly Confines today. Gas Can Howry coughs it up again and the Cubs get swept by the 'Stros. At this moment they're a half-game worse than the Marlins and only one game above the Pirates for the worst record in the NL. Can they catch the Royals?

And people are hoping they'll take two out of three from the Tigers? One would be a miracle.

On WGN, Santos said that Jacque Jones has "mental problems" He he he

See you suckers in Cincy!

Chip Z'nuff
06-15-2006, 05:47 PM
It's Monkees.
you know all these years and I never noticed that... Learn something new everyday!

cbotnyse
06-15-2006, 06:06 PM
:nuts: :kukoo: :nuts: wins! :bandance:

:tomatoaward

:thud: :thud: :thud:

bouldersox
06-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Who do you pull for to winn? Who do youpull for to lose?

Some say Sox fans have outgrown the Northside Rivalry. But who do you want to sweep this weekend's series at the litterbox?

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-15-2006, 06:42 PM
:deadhorse:

South Side
06-15-2006, 06:43 PM
This should not even be a question.

sox230
06-15-2006, 06:44 PM
I want the C___ to win, i just cannot say Cubs and the opposite of losing in the same sentence. The Cubs season is over. However, the Cubs moved up Zambrano to the Houston series so that they would have Rusch, Marmol, and then Marshall for Detroit. Can they be trying to screw the Sox? Probably not, but it is interesting nonetheless.:?:

cbotnyse
06-15-2006, 06:48 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=73179

if you dont want to root for the Cubs, please please just root against the Tigers. :thud:

VivaOzzie
06-15-2006, 06:49 PM
I want anyone in the AL Central to lose (besides the Sox, of course). Except maybe the Royals. They can win all they want. :tongue:

itsnotrequired
06-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Who wants to go to Arby's with me?

WSox8404
06-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Who do you pull for to winn? Who do youpull for to lose?

Some say Sox fans have outgrown the Northside Rivalry. But who do you want to sweep this weekend's series at the litterbox?

You know this stupid ****ing question is starting to piss me off. A new thread with this question is started everyday. Who do you think? For Christ's sake lets get serious people. GO CUBS GO CUBS GO CUBS. Why would I want to fall further behind Detroit. Unreal.

StatHead21
06-15-2006, 06:52 PM
I want the C___ to win, i just cannot say Cubs and the opposite of losing in the same sentence. The Cubs season is over. However, the Cubs moved up Zambrano to the Houston series so that they would have Rusch, Marmol, and then Marshall for Detroit. Can they be trying to screw the Sox? Probably not, but it is interesting nonetheless.:?:

Its more important for them to beat their division foes rather than an AL team and they still lost. Barrett will probably serve his long looming suspension, they suck and Detroit will most likely beat their heads in.

Beer Can Chicken
06-15-2006, 06:52 PM

Feels like an Arby's night.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:QsduCxENf-NBIM:www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/Seinfeld/puddy.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/Seinfeld/puddy.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/Seinfeld/elaine.htm&h=215&w=150&sz=6&hl=en&start=2&tbnid=QsduCxENf-NBIM:&tbnh=101&tbnw=70&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddavid%2Bpuddy%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den% 26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN)

Blueprint1
06-15-2006, 07:06 PM
Everyone wants the Cubs over the Tigers. Next issue

Chips
06-15-2006, 07:06 PM

I'll buy.

MadetoOrta
06-15-2006, 07:15 PM
I'll buy.

Where and when can we ALL meet you?

Chips
06-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Where and when can we ALL meet you?

Not everyone, itsnotrequired only.

I buy the Arby's, he buys the beer.:gulp:

itsnotrequired
06-15-2006, 07:21 PM
Not everyone, itsnotrequired only.

I buy the Arby's, he buys the beer.:gulp:

Actually, I had Arby's for lunch.

Beers will be bought at Puffer's on Saturday night while we watch the Sox. Book it, Dan-o.

:gulp:

Chips
06-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Actually, I had Arby's for lunch.

Beers will be bought at Puffer's on Saturday night while we watch the Sox. Book it, Dan-o.

:gulp:

Sweet, but I won't be there until later on. :gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:

itsnotrequired
06-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Sweet, but I won't be there until later on. :gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:

What's "later on"? The game starts at 5:10.

Chips
06-15-2006, 07:28 PM
What's "later on"? The game starts at 5:10.

5:10!. Okay, maybe I'll be there after the game.

Sxy Mofo
06-15-2006, 07:37 PM
To chose the tigers means you're a cubs hater more than a sox fan, and that's just sad.

pdimas
06-15-2006, 07:38 PM
**** yea i want the tigers to lose! Hopefully those dip****s can pull a couple of wins out of their perspective asses and help us out a bit. We can only hope.

Sxy Mofo
06-15-2006, 07:40 PM
The cubs should be EVERYone here's second favorite team for this weekend.

illini81887
06-15-2006, 09:51 PM
I dont mind rooting for the Northsiders for 3games

Grzegorz
06-15-2006, 10:04 PM
I may be the only person on this board who likes the teams in the AL Central more than the other teams in the AL.

I too favor the AL Central. If the White Sox take care of business all will be good.

JB98
06-15-2006, 11:00 PM
I wouldn't count on those inept retards from the North Side winning a single game this weekend. They can't hit lefties. I'm not optimistic they'll do much against Robertson and Rogers. Let's just sweep Cincinnati, and the point will be moot.

chisoxfanatic
06-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Go Cubs this weekend! Here's hoping that they spank the Tigers into a nice, long tail-spin!

rumbleseat16
06-16-2006, 12:02 AM
it's painful... but gotta pull for the northsiders this weekend....

chisoxmike
06-16-2006, 12:26 AM
While I want the Cubs to beat the Tigers, I wont be watching the games and cheering loudly or even actively for the Cubs. I will be an "observer of interest" with these 3 games that wants the Tigers to lose to the Cubs.

:supernana:

rowand33
06-16-2006, 01:05 AM
My God...

I just looked at the pitching matchups for the Cubs/Tigers series:

Rusch v. Robertson
Marmol v. Verlander
Marshall v. Rogers

****!

I was hoping we'd gain some ground, but it doesn't seem likely...

Still rooting for the Cubs, but seeing that sorta bummed me out. Especially Rusch. That's just a lost.

Start your Tigers fantasy players tomorrow.

areilly
06-16-2006, 03:36 AM
I don't buy into this whole "I'm rooting for the Cubs" mentality, and here's why.

A Tigers fan, or a Cubs fan, or a Cleveland fan or an [inserty city here] fan is thinking about this weekend. They're thinking about what one game means. They're thinking about clawing and scratching their way to the finish line.

I'm not.

I'm thinking about the ALDS. I'm thinking about whether Javier or Garland is the first line of relief. I'm thinking about what happens in game 3 or 4 of the World Series without Thome. I'm thinking about who else in the ALC is a threat waiting to pounce. I'm thinking about that stretch in the middle of July. I'm thinking about how cool it would be to stick it to ESPN by having the wild card team come out of the ALC.

I'm not thinking about the Cubs. I'm not thinking about the Tigers. I'm thinking about the White Sox up against the Reds in what may very well be our first taste of the '06 World Series. Everyone else can hope this weekend means everything; I'll stick to the idea that it's just another series where the White Sox need to take 2 out of 3.

TornLabrum
06-16-2006, 07:41 AM
To get to the playoffs, the Sox still have to pass the Tigers, who after 2.5 months are still on top of the division. So...um...I'm thinking a just a little bit about the Cubs-Tigers series. In fact, I may even watch some of it.

Every game the Tigers lose is one less we have to win down the line.

SOXfnNlansing
06-16-2006, 07:44 AM
I want the Tigers to win the series so the cubune, espn, etc cannot say that the cubs played the best team..... giving the media the 'how strong is the AL central' angle........ for me, it would be nice to see the Pirates catch them this weekend and place the cubs in the cellar where they belong.

Ol' No. 2
06-16-2006, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't count on those inept retards from the North Side winning a single game this weekend. They can't hit lefties. I'm not optimistic they'll do much against Robertson and Rogers. Let's just sweep Cincinnati, and the point will be moot.That's more or less the way I look at it, too. If the Sox playoff chances depend in any way, shape or form on getting help from the Cubs, they're screwed. Just assume the Tigers are going to sweep and take care of your own games.

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/nfl/2000/0509/photo/s_davis.jpg Just win, baby.

TornLabrum
06-16-2006, 09:40 AM
That's more or less the way I look at it, too. If the Sox playoff chances depend in any way, shape or form on getting help from the Cubs, they're screwed. Just assume the Tigers are going to sweep and take care of your own games.

True, but you still have to root against the Tiggers. Just don't hope for miracles.

rightsox
06-16-2006, 11:03 AM
That's more or less the way I look at it, too. If the Sox playoff chances depend in any way, shape or form on getting help from the Cubs, they're screwed.

Amen. The cubs will drop 7 of 9 to the AL central, the Sox will kick the crap out of the Cards, Astros, and Pirates, and they'll read their thank-you letters from the cubs in November when they finally have some free time.

Go Sox; Go cubs, go!

GOGOGOPODS
06-16-2006, 12:09 PM
One of the only times I will root for the baby blue flubs. Kick some tiger @$$!!!

SOecks
06-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Glendon Rusch vs. Nate Robertson at 1:20 today begins the "Lets Go Cubbies" series this weekend. Hopefully Rusch won't give up 9 homers and will pitch one of his few and far between great games to help us overtake Detroit this weekend. I hope the personable and speedy Pierre steals 8 bases and sparks the Cubs to a dramatic sweep the next few days. Make it happen now.

white sox bill
06-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Lets go cubbies!!

God I never thought those words would ever come out of my mouth!

white sox bill
06-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Ironic enough, there are "Soxsessed" flub fans put there hoping for a Tiger victory

sullythered
06-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Cub fans sure make it hard, though. I somewhat jokingly sent a text message to a cub fan friend of mine saying that I hope the goon Barrett hits ten home runs this weekend. He replied with, "I hope he hits ten White Sox this weekend." :angry:

rightsox
06-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Slammin' Sammy's gonna make us proud today! Go cubs. woooooooo!

Chip Z'nuff
06-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Dreamer.... Nothing but a dreamer... Seriously why bother even thinking the cubs will win. I will take a bet with anyone on the outcome of this game.

VA_GoGoSox
06-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Slammin' Sammy's gonna make us proud today! Go cubs. woooooooo!

We get to act like Cub fans all weekend? This could actually be pretty fun...

Woody's gonna strike out 30 today!!!!!

sullythered
06-16-2006, 12:36 PM
We get to act like Cub fans all weekend? This could actually be pretty fun...

Woody's gonna strike out 30 today!!!!!
I'd better don a backwards baseball cap, pookah shells, an Olde Style, and a pack of Marlboro Lights. You know, to get the uniform right.

Chip Z'nuff
06-16-2006, 12:38 PM
I'd better don a backwards baseball cap, pookah shells, an Olde Style, and a pack of Marlboro Lights. You know, to get the uniform right.

I got your pookah shell right here, BTW what the hell is a pookah shell?

sullythered
06-16-2006, 12:42 PM
I got your pookah shell right here, BTW what the hell is a pookah shell?
I admit, I don't actually know. I just assumed that those tropical looking necklaces that all the flub fans in my age group wear at the bars in Lakeview were, in fact, pookah shell necklaces. They look like shells.

bigsoxfan420
06-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Damn right, Let's Go Cubbies (Clap---Clap---Clap, Clap, Clap)

Ol' No. 2
06-16-2006, 12:46 PM
True, but you still have to root against the Tiggers. Just don't hope for miracles.Rooting for the Cubs here is like rooting for the Washington Generals.

CaptainBallz
06-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Great! Cubs fan for a weekend:

Matt Prior's gonna destroy when he comes back. Hells Yeah..

Me and my girl with be all sauced up in the bleachers. She totally wants a Mark Marton home run ball. Ain't throwin that one back, brah....

Go Cubs!!!

Can we switch the Cubs logo w/o the circle and slash through it??

davenicholson
06-16-2006, 12:50 PM
I hope all the Tigers-Cubs and Indians-Cubs games go 27 innings with all three teams burning through their entire pitching staffs so that when each team has to play the Sox again, they will be exhausted, weakened, and humiliated.
:D::yup:
Now *that* would be the perfect scenario, Brother!

russ99
06-16-2006, 12:50 PM
Great! Cubs fan for a weekend:

Matt Prior's gonna destroy when he comes back. Hells Yeah..

Me and my girl with be all sauced up in the bleachers. She totally wants a Mark Marton home run ball. Ain't throwin that one back, brah....

Go Cubs!!!

Can we switch the Cubs logo w/o the circle and slash through it??

Can we have some semblence of reality here?

The Tigers are one of the best teams in baseball...

and the Cubs blow chunks. Plus their only good pitcher "Mr. Hothead" went yesterday. Prior aint gonna strike out 15 major leaguers. Get real.

No contest. If the Flubs can steal one, I'll be really happy.

kevin57
06-16-2006, 12:51 PM
I guess my stance for this series is "I wish the Cubs well." That in distinction to "I'll be wearing Cubbie blue this weekend." :puking: At this point in the season I don't worry about the other teams. What matters is that we're winning. In August and September there's plenty of time to obsess about what the other teams are doing.

HebrewHammer
06-16-2006, 12:51 PM
No way the Tigers win, not with Woods, Pryor and DLEE playing this weekend. No way. I could see Barrett going deep every day, Alou knocking in a ton of runs. Even Gracie might get in on the action, I just wonder how Dusty is going to juggle him and MVLEE in the lineup, he'll find a way. With Juan Pierre, I hear he's a great guy and an even better lead off hitter, he'll break a record this weekend, for sure. There's also no way the Tigers can stop the Neifury! He's the ultimate role player!

Chip Z'nuff
06-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Have never rooted for the cubs and a weekend against the streaking tigers won't change my mind.

CaptainBallz
06-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Can we have some semblence of reality here?

The Tigers are one of the best teams in baseball...

and the Cubs blow chunks. Plus their only good pitcher "Mr. Hothead" went yesterday. Prior aint gonna strike out 15 major leaguers. Get real.

No contest. If the Flubs can steal one, I'll be really happy.

Whatever, brah. Prior's back. This is where we get back to first week of the season form. It's gonna be a Blue October for you white trash losers...

rocky biddle
06-16-2006, 12:55 PM
I know it's been said before, but if we have to count on the cubs to beat the Tigers for us, we're in deep trouble. Cubs vs. Tigers- there are no winners cause they're all losers.

Chip Z'nuff
06-16-2006, 12:58 PM
I know it's been said before, but if we have to count on the cubs to beat the Tigers for us, we're in deep trouble. Cubs vs. Tigers- there are no winners cause they're all losers.

If the cubs score more runs than the tigers in nine innings, you can not call it a cub win, it would be tiger loss.

Realist
06-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Have never rooted for the cubs and a weekend against the streaking tigers won't change my mind.

:dtroll::redneck

I want Mags back
06-16-2006, 01:06 PM
Go Cubs

I guess

ode to veeck
06-16-2006, 01:06 PM

ABSOLUTELY!!!
who cares about the freakin Flubbies, but we want the Tigers to Lose!!

ode to veeck
06-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Rooting for the Cubs here is like rooting for the Washington Generals.

LOL! I used to root for the generals when they came to our high school every year with their more famous opponents

ode to veeck
06-16-2006, 01:08 PM
To get to the playoffs, the Sox still have to pass the Tigers, who after 2.5 months are still on top of the division. So...um...I'm thinking a just a little bit about the Cubs-Tigers series. In fact, I may even watch some of it.

Every game the Tigers lose is one less we have to win down the line.

The Flubbies are bad, but they can't be as bad as the Rays who just layed down and grabbed their ankles for the Kittens

CaptainBallz
06-16-2006, 01:15 PM
The Flubbies are bad, but they can't be as bad as the Rays who just layed down and grabbed their ankles for the Kittens

Uhhhh...actually...

slobes
06-16-2006, 01:44 PM
For one weekend, the entire city of Chicago united against a common enemy.

Go Cubs (first time I've said that without teal)

Chip Z'nuff
06-16-2006, 01:47 PM
For one weekend, the entire city of Chicago united against a common enemy.

Go Cubs (first time I've said that without teal)

This is going to be embarassing for the entire city of Chicago

wdelaney72
06-16-2006, 01:59 PM
I'll cheer for the Tigers in the simulated series, but as far as the games at Clark and Addison... GO CUBS.

Iwritecode
06-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Ironic enough, there are "Soxsessed" flub fans put there hoping for a Tiger victory

I checked out a couple of flubs message boards and there are a number of fans that want them to lose so they'll fall into last place and some changes will take place. I doubt that would help but it's worth a shot I guess. It is the Tribune company they're talking about afterall.

A lot of them are thoroughly embarassed by the play of the team. I really can't blame them.

CHISOXFAN13
06-16-2006, 02:18 PM
Barrett is not in the lineup today.

**** Bob Watson and Bud Selig.

Mickster
06-16-2006, 02:21 PM

**** Bob Watson and Bud Selig.

What, no confidence in Blanco and is .125 average???? :?:

Iwritecode
06-16-2006, 02:22 PM

**** Bon Watson and Bud Selig.

He injured himself in yesterdays game. Tweaked his back or something.

Chip Z'nuff
06-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Tigers batting practice has started

Mickster
06-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Just clicked on Gameday to follow the action and found:

Curtis Granderson doubles (15) on a soft pop up to shortstop Ronny Cedeno.

:(:

This is going to be a long afternoon.

CHISOXFAN13
06-16-2006, 02:25 PM
He injured himself in yesterdays game. Tweaked his back or something.

Had not heard that. Oh well, not that it makes much of a difference.

Chip Z'nuff
06-16-2006, 02:26 PM

you see what happens when you root for losers?

Erik The Red
06-16-2006, 02:27 PM
What a ****ing joke the Cubs are. Pierre just took a route that would make Randar cry and let a liner go over his head.

CHISOXFAN13
06-16-2006, 02:27 PM
How the Cubs keep trotting this guy out to the mound is beyond me. And to think, some here get mad when Ozzie tweaks his lineup a bit.

rowand33
06-16-2006, 02:28 PM
man, the Cubs suck. I'm happy I only have to root for them for three days.

How do Cubs fans do this for a whole season?

sullythered
06-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Ugh. Already 1-0 tigers. Rusch sucks. And so does Juan Pierre.

Iwritecode

I usually follow the action in "from the cubicle" on the Cubune's website. According to him, it was a blooper just over the head of Ramirez.

I probably shouldn't be following today's game because everytime I go in there, they manage to lose. Yesterday's game was a perfect example. I opened the page just in time to see the Astro's take the lead...

Uncle_Patrick
I checked out a couple of flubs message boards and there are a number of fans that want them to lose so they'll fall into last place and some changes will take place. I doubt that would help but it's worth a shot I guess. It is the Tribune company they're talking about afterall.

A lot of them are thoroughly embarassed by the play of the team. I really can't blame them.

Some of the "fans" on the MLB boards have declared that they're willing to "sacrifice" these games to hurt the White Sox. :rolleyes:

CHISOXFAN13
man, the Cubs suck. I'm happy I only have to root for them for three days.

How do Cubs fans do this for a whole season?

Make it six. I don't want the Indians to win either.

sullythered
06-16-2006, 02:30 PM
I'm just about done with this crap already. If I were a full time cub fan, I'd jump off a roof.

Uncle_Patrick
06-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Already down 2-0 in the first.....

Iwritecode
06-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Some of the "fans" on the MLB boards have declared that they're willing to "sacrifice" these games to hurt the White Sox. :rolleyes:

The idiots probably don't realize that if the Sox also win, it doesn't matter if the Tigers win or not. It also puts the Cubs in a deeper hole. Not that that matters much either I guess...

sullythered
06-16-2006, 02:33 PM
30 pitches for Glendon Suck in the 1st. Good. I want him out of the game as soon as possible.

Hey! Thank goodness for tiger mistakes.

samram
06-16-2006, 02:33 PM
God, Glendon Rusch sucks. I really hope he's out there when the Sox go to Wrigley.

sullythered
06-16-2006, 02:36 PM
The kittens are doing a good job of trying to give the game away. Unfortunately that's the only way they're gonna lose today.

havelj
06-16-2006, 02:37 PM
What a poor example of a team. Santo on WGN just sounds like his done - in many ways.

WS in 05
06-16-2006, 02:39 PM
What a poor example of a team. Santo on WGN just sounds like his done - in many ways.

can't stand listening to those two....they are obnoxious

Uncle_Patrick
06-16-2006, 02:41 PM
can't stand listening to those two....they are obnoxious

I can deal with Pat Hughes, but Santo...:puking:

SOecks
06-16-2006, 02:42 PM
This is really painful to watch and I haven't even made it past the first inning... Gonna be a long game. Come on, "JP" score from second here. What a bad nickname by the way. Len really needs to think of something more creative.

caulfield12
06-16-2006, 02:43 PM
2-0, and Rusch, predictably, can't even get out of the first inning without surrendering a lead...the only plus is that this series might put the official DOA stamp on this year's Cubs team.

Iwritecode
06-16-2006, 02:44 PM
I can deal with Pat Hughes, but Santo...:puking:

Pat is probably the best radio PBP guy in the city now that Rooney is gone.

FielderJones
06-16-2006, 02:45 PM
It's too bad Chad the bleacher bum had to be banned. There were always some great quotes following his picture. He would have been very useful for this series.

:D:

McCuddy
06-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Just got an e-mail from a Cub fan friend confirming he's pulling for the Tiger sweep. These people simply don't understand how it works.

Chip Z'nuff
06-16-2006, 02:47 PM
between Inning Trivia
the last time anyone rooted for the tigers in chicago was opening day 1984

sullythered
06-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Way to strand two, jerks.

...and Thames just hit a bomb. I. Hate. The. Cubs.

Erik The Red
And... it's 3-0.

McCuddy
between Inning Trivia
the last time anyone rooted for the tigers in chicago was opening day 1984

The Jack Morris no-hitter? That was a Saturday.

sullythered
06-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Just got an e-mail from a Cub fan friend confirming he's pulling for the Tiger sweep. These people simply don't understand how it works.
There is no situation that would ever call for a Sox fan to cheer for a sweep of our team. Period.

Chip Z'nuff
yep that one

munchman33
3-0 now, and it looks like its going to get worse fast.

Guess we'll just have to sweep the Reds.

palehozenychicty
Way to strand two, jerks.

...and Thames just hit a bomb. I. Hate. The. Cubs.

God, this team is sorry. Not even putting up a barrier:angry:

SOecks
What's up with Santo constantly saying "Geez"? He doesn't even pronounce it right. You hear Pat doing decent PBP and in the background is Santo saying it like "Geeee". I feel for Pat.

WS in 05
well it looks like we'll have to sweep cincy to stay 1.5 back because this team freaking blows!!!!

Uncle_Patrick

What a pathetic fan base.

Flight #24
06-16-2006, 02:51 PM
In yet another example of how Cub fans don't really care about the Sox, here's the comment following that Thames HR:

Up yours Whitesox!

havelj
06-16-2006, 02:51 PM
This is an example teams that are run well and those who are not.

I am more and more believing that a salary cap won't make such of a difference as long as money is spent poorly and organizations do not develop talent.

The Tigers rebuilt with Dombrowski and have the right manager.
The Cubs spend poorly.
The Royals have a terrible front office.
The Yankees only win when George is hands-off.

McCuddy
06-16-2006, 02:53 PM
What a pathetic fan base.

Yeah. I had to remind him that when the Pirates take two of three from Minnesota, that would leave him in last.

nsdjoe
06-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Well, if they're going to lose (which is looking likely already), I hope they lose 35-0.

Chip Z'nuff
06-16-2006, 02:55 PM
The Tigers rebuilt with Dombrowski and have the right manager.

Dombrowski learned baseball with Veeck drinking beers and smoking cigars talking baseball until midnight after every game.

WS in 05
06-16-2006, 02:56 PM
this is pathetic guzman coming in for mr suck

sullythered
06-16-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm about to throw up.

And here comes Guzman...

McCuddy
06-16-2006, 02:57 PM
So now the Tigers just need the single to hit for the cycle this inning?

cbone
Well, if they're going to lose (which is looking likely already), I hope they lose 35-0.

That looks like a legit possibility. No teal.

Jjav829
Nice outing, Glendon! :rolleyes:

The Cubs defense is brutal!

Oh, and Adam Morrison is taking BP with the Cubs. Now Pax definitely can't take him! :tongue:

SOecks
06-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Rip on me all you want, but for some reason I've always liked Rusch and feel pretty bad for him that he's constantly been screwed with the last couple of years. Going from starter to releiver every other week can't be easy or good on the arm and this is what happens.

Uncle_Patrick
06-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Jeeze, wasn't Rusch at least an ok pitcher at some point? He can't even get through 2 innnings now?

rightsox
06-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Either there's a lot of Tigers fans there, or nobody got the message that the guys in Blue and white are the cubbies. (That's just from the radio feed. There were a lot of people cheering the Tigers' hits.)

cleanwsox
Good job Glendon

1 2/3 inning, 6 hits, 4 ER's

:angry:

palehozenychicty
Rip on me all you want, but for some reason I've always liked Rusch and feel pretty bad for him that he's constantly been screwed with the last couple of years. Going from starter to releiver every other week can't be easy or good on the arm and this is what happens.

KW, claim Rusch off waivers and put him in the BP.

Deebs14
What a piece of **** team.

SOXPHILE
06-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Wow. This is like listening to a bunch of high school seniors on the football team picking on a kindergarten class. Pathetic. This has a weird icky feeling to it too. I'm listening to some of this on the radio, with dumb and REALLY DUMB (Santo), and I keep having to stop myself from grinning when the Cubs give up another run, and remind myself I'm rooting for the Cubs. Someone else mentioned this reminds me of Germany vs. Russia in WWII. You want them both to loose, but you gotta keep in mind that for the next few days, the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

Uncle_Patrick
Either there's a lot of Tigers fans there, or nobody got the message that the guys in Blue and white are the cubbies. (That's just from the radio feed. There were a lot of people cheering the Tigers' hits.)

As Hanger used to say: "Baseball's dumbest fans."

WS in 05

get the same sense from watching it very loud on the hr too

rightsox
06-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I do believe we've found the worst radio color commentator in Chicago radio. I'm going to tone down my Singleton criticism. He could be soooooooo much worse.

Jerko
06-16-2006, 03:03 PM
You mean, Cub fans really DO worry about the Sox????:o: (shocked face meant to be in teal).

palehozenychicty
06-16-2006, 03:04 PM
Jacques K. Jones with a double. I guess the cubs haven't quit yet.

caulfield12
And yet I'm sure the stadium is packed, the suntan oil is out and the concessionaires are doing a lively business.

I still am pissed we didn't sweep them when we had a chance to put them down for good and end Dusty's reign...although maybe it's better to leave them the illusion of 2003 and avoid the possibility of another Leyland type actually straightening out this mess and turning the franchise back around.

Plus, it will give Marriotti something to write about besides OG.

SOecks
Well, we just got the first mention by Santo about the "great fans at Wrigley Field". I wonder how many more times he'll say it. From the way it sounds, Hughes put with a good partner and a good team could be a hell of a broadcaster.

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-16-2006, 03:05 PM
they can't pull a win outta their butt when it really matters

nsdjoe
06-16-2006, 03:06 PM
I honestly can NOT imagine a worse color man.

Iwritecode
There is no situation that would ever call for a Sox fan to cheer for a sweep of our team. Period.

If it meant that it would force the front office to make some changes instead of insisting that "we're still in it" and I had been wait for almost 100 since the last championship, I'd root for a sweep too.

It's not like the Cubs have a chance at anything this year. How long until they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs?

palehozenychicty
Well, we just got the first mention by Santo about the "great fans at Wrigley Field". I wonder how many more times he'll say it. From the way it sounds, Hughes put with a good partner and a good team could be a hell of a broadcaster.

I guess that Santo had to come up with another word besides "Jeez!"

:redneck

Uncle_Patrick
06-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Cubs Score.

Tigers 4
Cubs 1

cleanwsox
06-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Shhhhhhh to all you Henry Blanco haters out there!

:tongue:

palehozenychicty
06-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Cubs Score.

Tigers 4
Cubs 1

the 1945 World Series is in their grasp.

SOXPHILE
06-16-2006, 03:08 PM
YEAH !! Cubs got a run ! (Did I REALLY just type that ?! :?: :(: :nuts: :puking: )

CubsfansareDRUNK
06-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Just 3 more

rightsox
06-16-2006, 03:09 PM
If it meant that it would force the front office to make some changes instead of insisting that "we're still in it" and I had been wait for almost 100 since the last championship, I'd root for a sweep too.

If it didn't happen after the cubs dropped 2 of 3 to the Sox, got swept by the Marlins and then by the Braves, it ain't gonna happen, period.

Ron Santo makes me want to stick a fork in my ears.

Jerko
06-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Blanco? Where's Sugar Ray Barrett?

McCuddy
06-16-2006, 03:11 PM
The CBS Sportsline game ticker is useless. They can get the ads right, but can't get the score right.

(Just thought I'd share that.)

SOecks
06-16-2006, 03:11 PM
Well, with the way this game started, the Cubs are extremely fortunate to only be down by 3 right now. "Look at those great fans in the stands with their wonderful Wrigley Field shirts, Ron. They are just so dedicated to this stadium...err..I mean team."

Jerko
06-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Some "Tiger fans" in the park according to Kasper. :rolleyes: Funny, I just saw them in person about a week ago and don't remember them wearing red white and blue.

Chip Z'nuff
06-16-2006, 03:14 PM
could you imagine going to comiskey if the sox were in last place to cheer for cincinatti if the cubs were battling for first? It does not even compute???