PDA

View Full Version : Top Celeb Fans

skottyj242
06-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Espn.com's Page 2 has an article on the top 50 celebrity fans and cracking the list at number 43 is none other than out own Mayor Daley. You have to read what is says...it's pretty funny. Here is the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=neel/060614

MarySwiss
06-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Espn.com's Page 2 has an article on the top 50 celebrity fans and cracking the list at number 43 is none other than out own Mayor Daley. You have to read what is says...it's pretty funny. Here is the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=neel/060614
Very cool! Wonder who wrote the comments about true Sox fans? Oh, well; at least it's nice to know that someone over there gets it.

kittle42
06-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Don't they know Dennis DeYoung is a Sox fan? NO MEDIA RESPECT!

Uncle_Patrick
06-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Jim Belushi is a Blackhawks fan? It just keeps getting worse the Blackhawks...

Jerko
06-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Don't they know Dennis DeYoung is a Sox fan? NO MEDIA RESPECT!

Plus, they put "Norm" on there for the Bears. Don't they know the Sox outrank the Bears right now???????

Actually, once I saw Eva Longoria at #3, I kinda stopped reading. She's a REAL fan of the Spurs I'm sure.

peeonwrigley
06-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Did that page look like a jumbled mess to anyone else? Is it because I am using Firefox?

miker
06-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Jim Belushi is a Blackhawks fan? It just keeps getting worse the Blackhawks...:rolling: How true!

Edward
06-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Funny thing is they show Eddie Vedder in a Cubs shirt and claim he is a die-hard Bulls fan. It looks like he's even at a Cubs game in that picture.

Uncle_Patrick
06-14-2006, 02:33 PM
I can't believe that the Yankees don't have a bigger celebrity fan than Sarah Jessica Parker. I'm surprised to learn that she even knows what baseball is.

Unregistered
06-14-2006, 02:59 PM
I can't believe that the Yankees don't have a bigger celebrity fan than Sarah Jessica Parker. I'm surprised to learn that she even knows what baseball is.Well, Billy Crystal and Jack Nicholson are also Yankees fans, but are listed as Lakers fans. What a combo for those two. Being a Yankees and Lakers fan? Yuck.

Hitmen77
06-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Mayor Richard Daley -- Chicago White Sox
On the list because he's really not a celeb at all. Which is just the way the White Sox like it -- all locals, all lifers in support of the club. Bernie Mac and John Cusack have tried to claim the Sox, but true South Siders will tell you both guys are posing.

:gulp: :nod: :thumbsup:

Unregistered
06-14-2006, 03:02 PM
I can't believe that the Yankees don't have a bigger celebrity fan than Sarah Jessica Parker. I'm surprised to learn that she even knows what baseball is.They have Dee Snider, too. Oh wait - that's still Sarah Jessica Parker. :o::cool:

Edward
06-14-2006, 03:06 PM
They have Dee Snider, too. Oh wait - that's still Sarah Jessica Parker. :o::cool:

:kneeslap:

D. TODD
06-14-2006, 03:19 PM
Well, Billy Crystal and Jack Nicholson are also Yankees fans, but are listed as Lakers fans. What a combo for those two. Being a Yankees and Lakers fan? Yuck. Billy Crystal was listed as a Clipper fan.

Dan Mega
06-14-2006, 03:26 PM
They have Dee Snider, too. Oh wait - that's still Sarah Jessica Parker. :o::cool:

WAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :rolling: :rolling:

DaleJRFan
06-14-2006, 03:26 PM
After reading the listing for the Sox/Daley, maybe the media is FINALLY "getting it" - what it really means to be a true Sox fan. There's hope after all. :cool:

skottyj242
06-14-2006, 03:31 PM
The did capitalize South Side the right way too.

MarySwiss
06-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah, but they probably already fired whoever wrote the Mayor Daley caption.

rookie
06-14-2006, 06:53 PM
After reading the listing for the Sox/Daley, maybe the media is FINALLY "getting it" - what it really means to be a true Sox fan. There's hope after all. :cool:

Yeah, either they know some Sox fans or they actually did some research on this piece (which does seem unlikely).

This makes me think about how both teams in this town seem to be such polar (sp?) opposites. Anit-celebrity vs. celebrity. Reminds me of siblings who do their best to be nothing like the other sibling.

Max Power
06-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Funny thing is they show Eddie Vedder in a Cubs shirt and claim he is a die-hard Bulls fan. It looks like he's even at a Cubs game in that picture.

Not sure why they used a pic of him from a few years ago (blond hair gives it away) and in a Cubs shirt, but he's also a big Bulls fan. When they played the United Center last month he talked a couple of times about the Bulls championships and how much he enjoyed watching them. Also, when they were there in '98 he wore a Bulls jersey for some of the show.

Unregistered
06-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Not sure why they used a pic of him from a few years ago (blond hair gives it away) and in a Cubs shirt, but he's also a big Bulls fan. When they played the United Center last month he talked a couple of times about the Bulls championships and how much he enjoyed watching them. Also, when they were there in '98 he wore a Bulls jersey for some of the show.Meanwhile when Pearl Jam played SNL in '96, and the Bulls were playing the Sonics, they had a sign that said "GO SONICS" on stage...

Dan Mega
06-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Meanwhile when Pearl Jam played SNL in '96, and the Bulls were playing the Sonics, they had a sign that said "GO SONICS" on stage...

Eddie Vedder = Bernie Mac

Steelrod
06-14-2006, 08:59 PM
:gulp: :nod: :thumbsup:
Cusack was a Sox fan in order to get series tickets. He's already been to the urinal this year. Any sightings at US Cellular?

Chips
06-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Huey Lewis is a Niners fan. **** the Niners, but Huey Lewis is a good guy.

Unregistered
06-14-2006, 09:09 PM
:nod:

I want Mags back
06-14-2006, 09:39 PM
I find it funny taht for Belushi, they easily could have said Cubs or Bears, but they used a Hawks picture. Id guess the Hawks have something going for them

buehrle4cy05
06-14-2006, 11:00 PM

Meanwhile when Pearl Jam played SNL in '96, and the Bulls were playing the Sonics, they had a sign that said "GO SONICS" on stage...

That's because Stone Gossard is a Sonics fan.

Unregistered
06-14-2006, 11:07 PM
That's because Stone Gossard is a Sonics fan.
Well I'm a Sox fan and I'm in a band with a Phillies fan. You can bet that if they ever faced each other in the World Series while we played on national television (or anywhere else) there would be no "Go Phillies" signs anywhere near the stage.

Not buying Vedder as a Bulls fan.

RealMenWearBlack
06-15-2006, 03:01 AM
Jack Nicholson shouldn't be number one. Didn't he go to a couple Clippers playoff games this year. I doubt anyone here would go to a Cubs playoff game. Spike Lee should be number one for having to put up with the Knicks and for dressing how a fan should dress. I don't even understand why he's such a big deal; he hasn't done anything good since playing the Joker, although I heard he was good in About Schmidt.

skottyj242
06-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Jack Nicholson shouldn't be number one. Didn't he go to a couple Clippers playoff games this year. I doubt anyone here would go to a Cubs playoff game. Spike Lee should be number one for having to put up with the Knicks and for dressing how a fan should dress. I don't even understand why he's such a big deal; he hasn't done anything good since playing the Joker, although I heard he was good in About Schmidt.

He did win an Oscar you know.

RealMenWearBlack
06-15-2006, 11:22 PM
He did win an Oscar you know.

I don't want to see any Oscar worthy performances involving Kathy Bates naked.

QCIASOXFAN
06-16-2006, 12:26 AM
What the hell is up with the Tom Arnold University Of Iowa slam. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Dancin' Homer
06-16-2006, 08:01 AM

When Pearl Jam played SNL in '92, Eddie wore a Sox cap. Probably because they were friendly w/ Black Jack, right?

skottyj242
06-16-2006, 11:00 AM
I don't want to see any Oscar worthy performances involving Kathy Bates naked.

Wrong movie.

Unregistered
06-16-2006, 11:46 AM
When Pearl Jam played SNL in '92, Eddie wore a Sox cap. Probably because they were friendly w/ Black Jack, right?Yep. I think it was actually a game-worn McDowell hat, too. But that was before he became a life-long Cubs fan...

sullythered
06-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Where's Chi McBride?:smile:

SBSoxFan
06-16-2006, 12:38 PM
17 Regis Philbin -- University of Notre Dame

When Philbin was an undergrad at Notre Dame, he once tried to pick up a girl at a bar by claiming to be a member of Notre Dame's football team. She didn't buy it as she knew the player whose name he used. :rolling:

Max Power
06-16-2006, 12:52 PM

Gossard and Ament are Sonics fans. Gossard was listed on this celeb list as a such. Ament put on a Sonics' Ray Allen jersey at the end of one of the UC shows this year. Different people in the band grew up in different places and like different teams.

Unregistered
06-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Gossard and Ament are Sonics fans. Gossard was listed on this celeb list as a such. Ament put on a Sonics' Ray Allen jersey at the end of one of the UC shows this year. Different people in the band grew up in different places and like different teams.Weird. I thought they all grew up steps from Chicago Stadium. As I said half a page up, if Eddie Vedder was such a "big Bulls fan," he would've at least countered the "Go Sonics!" sign on the bass drum and the Sonics jersey Ament was wearing with something with the Bulls on it, considering they were playing each other in the finals at the time. I just don't think Vedder gave a **** then, and it sounds good to say he was a big fan now...

Max Power
06-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Weird. I thought they all grew up steps from Chicago Stadium. As I said half a page up, if Eddie Vedder was such a "big Bulls fan," he would've at least countered the "Go Sonics!" sign on the bass drum and the Sonics jersey Ament was wearing with something with the Bulls on it, considering they were playing each other in the finals at the time. I just don't think Vedder gave a **** then, and it sounds good to say he was a big fan now...

Majority rule? I don't know, I'll have to ask Ed next time I talk to him.

PJ hung with a lot of Sonics players in the mid-90's, maybe he didn't want to take sides. He's from this area, he likes basketball, I don't think it's a stretch to say he's followed the Bulls for some time. To what degree was/is he a fan? Like I said, I'll ask him when we talk.

Cheers. :smile:

Max Power
06-16-2006, 06:43 PM

What a second... PJ didn't even play SNL in '96. They played in 92, 94 and 2006.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Saturday_Night_Live_hosts_and_musical_gues ts#Season_22

I knew something seemed off. I'm going to bed.

Peace.

Unregistered
06-16-2006, 10:50 PM
What a second... PJ didn't even play SNL in '96. They played in 92, 94 and 2006.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Saturday_Night_Live_hosts_and_musical_gues ts#Season_22

I knew something seemed off. I'm going to bed.

Peace.Mystery solved.

It could've been some other show - hell, the Tonight Show for all it matters. That's not the point. This dumb argument has gone on long enough. All I'm saying is that I never heard word 1 about Eddie Vedder being a Bulls fan until he was number ****ing 11 in this stupid celebrity sports fan ranking. All this while showing him in the stands at a Cubs game. I mean, has the guy ever even been seen at a Bulls game? Just smells like BS to me...

But, fine. Eddie Vedder. Big fan. Woo hoo... :moonwalk:

vegyrex
06-16-2006, 11:05 PM
When Pearl Jam played SNL in '92, Eddie wore a Sox cap. Probably because they were friendly w/ Black Jack, right?
Yes!! Both Black Jack and Vedder got beat up together at a bar in New Orleans back in '93. :cool:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/showbiz.today/featured.story/0107/10.html

sodfatherjunior
06-16-2006, 11:16 PM
If I remember correctly, and I'm pretty certain that I do b/c Pearl Jam is my favorite band. ESPN prolly put a big deal into Eddie Vedder as a Bulls fan b/c Dennis Rodman's favorite band was Pearl Jam and was good friends with the band. First time I saw them in concert they jokingly said Rodman was in the house and that he was gonna come out on stage when they were doing their encore and the crowd went nuts. Also, Stone Gossard was on that top 50 list as well prolly only b/c of that NBA Finals withe Bulls and Sonics b/c Vedder and him had a thing during that series and it got some mild national attention.

RealMenWearBlack
06-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Wrong movie.

Ah. He won one for "As Good as it Gets" according to IMDb. I can't stand the Lakers. I guess you're right that Nicholson is a legit star, but I don't like any of his movies. Apparently others do.

Lip Man 1
06-17-2006, 02:09 AM
Steelrod:

Cusack had to pay for his tickets. The Sox refused to comp him. It was a big deal in the newspapers at the time.

Personally I loved the fact that Reinsdorf stiffed him. I mean it's not like they can't afford to buy some right?

Lip

hsnterprize
06-17-2006, 11:31 PM
The funny thing about Bernie Mac is even after all his "showing" at Wrigley Field a couple of years ago, he's been on basically every local TV show claiming his south side/Sox fan roots. I remember him giving an interview to Bob Sirott on the "Friday Night Show" back when he hosted it after "Chicago Week in Review" on Channel 11. He talked about growing up with his grandmother on the south side, and how he would know the Sox players' names and such growing up. He also said in a future interview that he only did the stretch at Wrigley because he was invited to do it...not to mention, his "Bernie Mac Show" was on Fox TV, and he obviously had to promote it somehow (my personal assessment). But it's just hard to fathom he being a real Sox fan when he was in basically all-Cubbie blue that night.

John Cusack...that's another story. Anyone who thinks that guy's a Sox fan should buy some ocean-front property in Arizona. I think I can pull off that sale...dirt cheap.

Steelrod
06-18-2006, 08:21 AM
Steelrod:

Cusack had to pay for his tickets. The Sox refused to comp him. It was a big deal in the newspapers at the time.

Personally I loved the fact that Reinsdorf stiffed him. I mean it's not like they can't afford to buy some right?

Lip
Me too!
Apparently he is waiting for us to regain 1st before re hopping on the band wagon again. Ok with me. I sat next to him a long time ago when he was a punk. At least it seems he's matured...into a front runner!