PDA

View Full Version : Food At The Park.....

Hawkeroo1980
06-14-2006, 11:19 AM
ok.....i've been hearing about all these different foods they have at sox park.

I always get a dog or brat. Nachos, burger.....ya know--the usual.

My question is, where are the:

Steak Pitas
Super Tacos
Steak Sandwiches
Fried Chicken

Are these all in the upper tank, i've never seen these before

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Steak Pitas are in both corners on the lower deck. Foul (box seat) side of the foul poles before you go around the corner into the OF.

Edit: And btw... :drool:

Walker29
06-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Super Tacos can be found at the "Triple Play Cafe" stands with the green signs. They are pretty good and you can't beat the $2.75 price tag. My favorite is the Corned Beef sandwich around the right field foul pole, I think it's $6.00 or 6.50 but huge w/chips and a pickle. I'm kind of kosher dogged out so lately I've had the Italian Sausage dipped in the red sauce w/peppers and onions and hot giardinera....that's livin' my friend.

Baby Fisk
06-14-2006, 11:46 AM
If you can get seats on the Club Level, don't miss the BBQ Pork Nachos. Other posters have indicated that they are exclusive to Club Level, which is a shame. They are tasty good. :drool:

rdwj
06-14-2006, 11:50 AM
I had my first steak pita this year - I'm usually a hotdog guy.

If you eat one, make sure you have one of these near by:
http://www.gehealthcare.com/usen/diagnostic_ecg/images/crnindefb_r1000_170.jpg

miker
06-14-2006, 11:51 AM
I had my first steak pita this year - I'm usually a hotdog guy.

If you eat one, make sure you have one of these near by:
http://www.gehealthcare.com/usen/diagnostic_ecg/images/crnindefb_r1000_170.jpg
If I had a choice, I'd want to have the "big one" at a White Sox game.

skottyj242
06-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Don't forget the Elotes. I actually have been on a Polish kick as of late. I hate onions but I have grown addicted to the grilled onions on the Polish. I've had a few brats the last few games too.

PatK
06-14-2006, 11:54 AM
I feel like I'm cursed with my Upper Deck tickets- all the good eats are downstairs.

Although I usually tailgate, so I'm not hungry anyways.

I've heard they serve that Mexican style corn with the peppers, do they?

champagne030
06-14-2006, 12:00 PM
If I had a choice, I'd want to have the "big one" at a White Sox game.

You can look, but you can't touch.

whitesoxwilkes
06-14-2006, 12:01 PM
I feel like I'm cursed with my Upper Deck tickets- all the good eats are downstairs.

Yes they do. The elotes stand is behind section 126 (or thereabouts).

I'm a steak pita guy myself. The stand is just over from my season seats in RF and there's rarely a line. I'm also rapdily developing an addiction t funnel cake, which I'd never even tried until I had one at the park a couple weeks ago.

A rather frugal buddy of mine swears by the meatball sandwich. Says it's by far the best deal at the park for $4.00.

PatK
06-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Awesome, thanks!!!!!

itsnotrequired
06-14-2006, 12:03 PM

Nonsense. Plenty of good options upstairs, including elotes (the corn),

Sargeant79
06-14-2006, 12:03 PM
Yes they do. The elotes stand is behind section 126 (or thereabouts).

There's also one on the outfield concourse. I think it's in center or right field.

kraut83
06-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Don't forget the Elotes. I actually have been on a Polish kick as of late. I hate onions but I have grown addicted to the grilled onions on the Polish. I've had a few brats the last few games too.

I've been meaning to ask someone, where are the elotes? I didn't look extensively, but I couldn't find them when I was at the park a few weeks ago.

Finally, I know they're firmly entrenched in the WSI culture, but I have no idea what a churro is! Anyone care to 'splain?

PatK
06-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Wow, you guys are making me feel like an idiot. I must be blind.

I blame this on pre-game alchohol consumption.

whitesoxwilkes
06-14-2006, 12:08 PM
I've been meaning to ask someone, where are the elotes? I didn't look extensively, but I couldn't find them when I was at the park a few weeks ago.

Finally, I know they're firmly entrenched in the WSI culture, but I have no idea what a churro is! Anyone care to 'splain?

Churros explained in great detail here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churro).

jenn2080
06-14-2006, 12:09 PM
I like the corn...and the brats.

TornLabrum
06-14-2006, 12:11 PM

Think long, skinny, straight bismark.

kninchicago
06-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Cheddarwursts, Margarita men...YES! I also enjoy the occasional churro or funnel cake if I'm in a sweet foods mood, although I did get the chicken mini tacos once and don't think they were worth it.

Where can one pick up this meatball sub you mention, wilkes?

Although as far as pre-game food and festivities, I must give a shout out to my tailgate buddy dcb56 who makes some amazing spicy burgers and great italian beef sandwiches.

jenn2080
06-14-2006, 12:16 PM
i am a big fan of the corn and the brats...hot dogs is obvious.

itsnotrequired
06-14-2006, 12:17 PM
In case any of you haven't tried the pulled BBQ pork sandwich yet, put it on the top of your list. Sandwich, chips and a pickle spear for $6.25. Very tasty.

whitesoxwilkes
06-14-2006, 12:19 PM

Where can one pick up this meatball sub you mention, wilkes?

One of the stands in the OF. I'm not sure which one though...they look a little scary to me.

salty99
06-14-2006, 12:20 PM
I did get the chicken mini tacos once and don't think they were worth it.

Couldn't agree with you more.

kninchicago
06-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Sorry to ask again, but where are the pulled pork? I am looking at the Where to eat guide here: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_concessions.jsp

but no dice :(:.

Anyone got any favorite tailgate specialties too? I am always up for new grilling recipes, we try to outdo ourselves every time we're at the park.

itsnotrequired
06-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Sorry to ask again, but where are the pulled pork? I am looking at the Where to eat guide here: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_concessions.jsp

but no dice :(:.

Anyone got any favorite tailgate specialties too? I am always up for new grilling recipes, we try to outdo ourselves every time we're at the park.

It was introduced just last week. In fact, it wasn't even up on the board at the stand. It was on a piece of paper on the counter. In the UD, you can find it at the general stand behind Section 520. I don't know about the lower deck.

kninchicago
06-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Awesome--that is pretty close to my seats. Definetly will try it out my next time at the park.

ws05champs
06-14-2006, 12:43 PM
In case any of you haven't tried the pulled BBQ pork sandwich yet, put it on the top of your list. Sandwich, chips and a pickle spear for $6.25. Very tasty.

Tried one last week too. The meat was tender enough but the sauce is pretty mild and lacks kick. But then again when I get BBQ I usually smother it with the hot BBQ sauce. It is a pretty good deal though, if you like the mild sauce.

I do like the spicy chicken sandwhich which I have only found in the stand below the fan deck.

McCuddy
06-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Almost tripped over the elotes stand in the upper deck on Saturday - it's right when you come up from gate 3.

I haven't found the corned beef in the upper deck. Is that there, or is that a lower-deck option only?

Sad
06-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Almost tripped over the elotes stand in the upper deck on Saturday - it's right when you come up from gate 3.

I haven't found the corned beef in the upper deck. Is that there, or is that a lower-deck option only?

it's there... thought I last seen it between 1st & home
the same stand also sells another sandwich item... forget what it is tho' :?:
is it a cheesesteak maybe?
stupid brain :mad:

skottyj242
06-14-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm pretty sure the meatball is in the section right under the Fan Deck that if you're in line you're facing home plate. They have a pretty wide variety of foods in that one.

sullythered
06-14-2006, 01:16 PM
I hate when these food threads start up, especially when we're on a road trip... So hungryyyy...

twentywontowin
06-14-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm a big fan of the chicken fajitas myself. Not bad at all for $4.

ChetChat
06-14-2006, 01:40 PM
The steak pitas are really good, but they're small. I'm a 130 pound woman and I was starving after just 1, so I ended up eating churros! The fact I ran 6 miles that morning may have some thing to do with it. :wink:

FARMEO
06-14-2006, 01:48 PM
The steak pitas are good, but they are small so they are no food bargin. The steak taco was the most bang for the buck, but I am not sure if this is still true. I still haven't found the cornbeef sandwich in the upper deck.

whitesoxwilkes
06-14-2006, 01:50 PM
The steak pitas are good, but they are small so they are no food bargin. The steak taco was the most bang for the buck, but I am not sure if this is still true. I still haven't found the cornbeef sandwich in the upper deck.

Is the steak taco the same thing as a Super Taco?

Yeah, the steak pitas are a little small. That's why I generally supplement them with nachos, churros, funnel cake and 6 or 7 ice cold Miller Lites.

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Is the steak taco the same thing as a Super Taco?

Yeah, the steak pitas are a little small. That's why I generally supplement them with nachos, churros, funnel cake and 6 or 7 ice cold Miller Lites.

That's why you get two Steak Pitas. Also, if you tip the lady a buck and compliment her on her great pitas and go back when you are at the park, and repeat a few times, I bet your pitas go up in size. You might even ask, "Is there a way to pay for extra meat?" which would probably drop a hint as to what you are looking for.

It's a service business. People actually respond well to kindness and recognition for a job well done. Heck, they've even been known to take better care of the people who take good care of them and know how to be friendly and complimentary.

I know... I know... shocking...:D:

Besides, it's not only about filling up. Yes, dinner shouldn't leave you hungry, but how many people are filled up after 1 sausage sammich? I doubt any of the people complaining about the size of the pita are eating a single hotdog and calling it a day. But it's the price I hear you cry... Well, good food costs more than average or bad food, thus has it ever been thus will it ever be. Guess what? Ambria costs more than McDonald's too...:cool:

SouthSide_HitMen
06-14-2006, 02:13 PM
I asked this in the beef thread and received no response - Has anyone bought a beef sandwhich at Comiskey and if so would they recommend it?

I'm to picky to order a beef sandwhich there but I want to know if I can recommend the italian beef sandwhich at the Sell I mean Cell.

voodoochile
06-14-2006, 02:18 PM
I asked this in the beef thread and received no response - Has anyone bought a beef sandwhich at Comiskey and if so would they recommend it?

I'm to picky to order a beef sandwhich there but I want to know if I can recommend the italian beef sandwhich at the Sell I mean Cell.

Yeah, I had one in the UD one time. It was solid. Not spectacular, but quite edible. They had lots of peppers on it and it was nice and spicy with lots of juice. Get lots of napkins, it's a messy thing to eat when sitting in your seat.

TornLabrum
06-14-2006, 02:18 PM

Beef sandwiches are good, but a little on the dry side. Good enough that I've buy them a few times a year.

TheKittle
06-14-2006, 02:35 PM
That's why you get two Steak Pitas. Also, if you tip the lady a buck and compliment her on her great pitas and go back when you are at the park, and repeat a few times, I bet your pitas go up in size. You might even ask, "Is there a way to pay for extra meat?" which would probably drop a hint as to what you are looking for.

It's a service business. People actually respond well to kindness and recognition for a job well done. Heck, they've even been known to take better care of the people who take good care of them and know how to be friendly and complimentary.

This is just a general statement and not directed to the vendors at Comiskey. But what you just wrote should also apply to the vendors, of course not the tipping part. There have been countless times I've gone to the food stands and the workers there didn't say ONE word or just the total to me. No Hi, How can I help you? A couple times I even had workers say "What do you want?" I told him go to hell and told the manager. I don't expect them to ask me how my day is going, but at least a HI.

I know when I worked for Ronald and at Robinson's-May, one thing they shoved down our throats was greeting customers with a smile and HI.

SouthSide_HitMen
06-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Thanks Voodoo and Torn. I didn't think they would be terrible but Italian beef could become inedible if not prepared correctly.

Maybe I'll be brave enough to take the plunge one day.

My personal favorites at the park are Kosher Dogs (Well with grilled - $2.50 Thursday rules), Peanuts, Strawberry Churros and Budweiser from BATW. I like the turkey sandwhich as well.

I used to buy the tacos downstairs back when the crowds were sparse and they would prepare them as you ordered. Now they mass prepare them before hand and they sit in the bin for hours which makes the shell petrified and the contents not very appetizing.

I'm going to have to try the steak pita - it sounds delicious.

skottyj242
06-14-2006, 02:49 PM
I have become pretty good friends with the people I buy beer from at the park and have on occasion gotten free beers.

roylestillman
06-14-2006, 03:12 PM
1. Steak Pita is no bargain, but is my 2006 Pick to click.
2. For bargain hunters the beef/corn(ed) beef stand can't be topped. (Free chips and lots of them.)
3. The cheese/caramel corn introduced this year is great. Saw them put a whole pound brick of butter in the mixing vat. You get a ton and its cheaper than downtown. (Its at the Dippin' dot stand behind the plate.)
4. The mini-tacos near the corn beef stand are freakish. Check LaCantina in the outfield for all your South of the Border needs.
5. One gripe: The brats have gone downhill. Go back to Johnsonville and put them on a better bun than a hot dog bun. What happened to the Secret Stadium Sauce?
6. Always buy a Kosher at the stands closest to the seats.
7. I always get a kick out of Old Style in the "Beers of the World" stand.
8. Shortest line are always at the Fandeck stands facing the outfield.

skottyj242
06-14-2006, 03:27 PM
7. I always get a kick out of Old Style in the "Beers of the World" stand.

It is made in this world right? I buy Budweisers from there. The only imports they have are Becks, Amstel Corona, Tecate, Guiness, Heineken and I'm pretty sure they have Molson.

ws05champs
06-14-2006, 04:17 PM

In the UD they sell the cornbeef sandwiches behind home plate at the same stand where they sell the Italian beef. The sign saying "cornbeef sandwich" is below counter level so it can be hidden by the fans waiting in line. Little wonder why you haven't found it with such clever marketing.

kraut83
06-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Churros explained in great detail here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churro).

Awesome! I'll be in for the Sat. game vs. the Astros so I'll be sure to try one. Are they plain or filled at The Cell?

whitesoxwilkes
06-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Awesome! I'll be in for the Sat. game vs. the Astros so I'll be sure to try one. Are they plain or filled at The Cell?

I think they only have plain. You can get a churro in stick form, or a bag of "churro chips."

itsnotrequired
06-14-2006, 04:30 PM
I think they only have plain. You can get a churro in stick form, or a bag of "churro chips."

They have filled as well.

Palehose13
06-14-2006, 04:32 PM

Nope. They have filled sticks that are either Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry. I like the strawberry ones.

ws05champs
06-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Has anyone ever brought a pork chop sandwich in from Maxwell Street Depot? I know you can bring food in if it's in a plastic bag and was wondering if it was worth bringing in, or is that something that should be eaten at Maxwell Street Depot.

credefan24
06-14-2006, 04:37 PM
I love the brownies at the Sweet Spot, on the lower deck. Best buy for $2.00.

Palehose13
06-14-2006, 04:39 PM
I love the brownies at the Sweet Spot, on the lower deck. Best buy for $2.00.

I like to get me a funnel cake for dessert. :drool:

TornLabrum
06-14-2006, 04:54 PM

Churros come in plain, chocolate and *drool* mmmm...Strawberry....mmmm....

roylestillman
06-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Yep, its sick, but I think the real reason I want the Sox to win it all again is so I can keep eating through October