PDA

View Full Version : where was jerkoff jerry?


mike squires
02-06-2002, 10:47 PM
isn't it funny that you never see reinsdorff at a function such as soxfest. he'd be booooood of the stage. oh yeah, he was probably keeping track of his beloved bulls. don't ya just love him? his autograph line would probably have been shorter than don palls.

Daver
02-06-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by michael penny
isn't it funny that you never see reinsdorff at a function such as soxfest. he'd be booooood of the stage. oh yeah, he was probably keeping track of his beloved bulls. don't ya just love him? his autograph line would probably have been shorter than don palls.

What do have against the Pope?

CubKilla
02-06-2002, 11:28 PM
I know for a fact that Jerry's autograph line would have been HUGE..... not to ask for his John Hancock but for all the Sox fans to have atleast 3 seconds to give JR a piece of their mind before being escorted away by security.

Cheryl
02-07-2002, 03:15 PM
JR was at the first one, I saw him wandering around and tried to go talk to him. The guys I was with grabbed me by the hair and dragged me off before I could say anything. I don't remember what I was pissed at him about then, but the guys were sure I was going to throw a fit at him (or maybe just slap him) and they didn't want to have to post bail or anything.

Meatpants
02-07-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by daver


What do have against the Pope?

:) Hahaha "The Pope"

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ill/galleries/varsity-baseballalumni/Pall-lg.jpg

Illinois, Class of 85

PaleHoseGeorge
02-07-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Meatpants
:) Hahaha "The Pope"
Illinois, Class of 85

What the hell? Was the Illini baseball team wearing football jerseys that season?

Oh yeah, and the Pope looks good wearing orange and blue!

cheeses_h_rice
02-07-2002, 03:45 PM
I'm ashamed to admit that I saw Don Pall signing autographs at one of the Soxfest booths and I had no idea who he was, even after my brother told me.

Meatpants
02-07-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


What the hell? Was the Illini baseball team wearing football jerseys that season?

Oh yeah, and the Pope looks good wearing orange and blue!

That pic was from an alumni game, The Pope hasn't aged a bit!

Nellsin
02-07-2002, 05:17 PM
In 1997 JR showed up at the post-season party at the park for season ticketholders, held in the Bullpen bar area. He sat there and answered questions or responded to comments from fans who stepped up to the mike and it was singularly unsatisfying -- no matter what anybody said, he just defended himself. If people were hostile/obnoxious he was just dismissive and if people calmly showed some knowledge/insight he just stood his ground, clealry convinced he knew more about it than anybody in the room. Sitting there watching it was deeply depressing: he thinks he knows it all, his ego is monstrous, he couldn't care less what we think. I think it would have been the same at Soxfest; he's not afraid of the fans, just contemptuous of them.

RedPinStripes
02-07-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Nellsin
In 1997 JR showed up at the post-season party at the park for season ticketholders, held in the Bullpen bar area. He sat there and answered questions or responded to comments from fans who stepped up to the mike and it was singularly unsatisfying -- no matter what anybody said, he just defended himself. If people were hostile/obnoxious he was just dismissive and if people calmly showed some knowledge/insight he just stood his ground, clealry convinced he knew more about it than anybody in the room. Sitting there watching it was deeply depressing: he thinks he knows it all, his ego is monstrous, he couldn't care less what we think. I think it would have been the same at Soxfest; he's not afraid of the fans, just contemptuous of them.

:reinsy
"Just remember who owns this team Nellisin"