PDA

View Full Version : what are we gonna do with everyone?

mike squires
02-06-2002, 10:21 PM
o.k, let's get this straight, we got ordonez, loften, lee, simmons, leifer and rowand and not to mention borchard and harris waiting in the wings. (seems like the sox always have an over abundance of outfielders) i realize leifer is a good lefty off the bench and simmons i believe is a switch hitter but with a line-up this solid it seems their at bats will certainly be limited. plus you got graffinino.

then you got three catchers...jr, paul and johnson. there won't be room for all 3 will there? sandy is injury prone but which do you keep as a backup? my vote is paul.

i guess it's good to have alot of talent and i have a feeling lee will be used for a trade down the road but this is a legitimate concern.

czalgosz
02-06-2002, 10:24 PM
Here's what I would do if I ran the Sox -

Ordonez - starting RF
Lofton - starting CF
Lee - starting LF
Simmons - bench
Liefer - bench
Graffanino - bench
Rowand - AAA
Harris - AAA
Borchard - AAA

Alomar - starting catcher
M. Johnson - bench
Paul - Newark

RichH55
02-06-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

Ordonez - starting RF
Lofton - starting CF
Lee - starting LF
Simmons - bench
Liefer - bench
Graffanino - bench
Rowand - AAA
Harris - AAA
Borchard - AAA

M. Johnson - bench
Paul - Newark

Agree with the OF/plus Graff......For C I think you are too hard on Paul....Heres my take on C Alomar til the knees give out(fun bet with friends: who winds up on the 15 Day DL first: Alomar or Rondell White(sic)) Backup:Paul of Johnson...pick your poison.....Best Option for C:Pray for the Long-Term Health and Prospects of Olivio(we need to get this boy a nickname, who coined LTP? You have some work to do)

Daver
02-06-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

Agree with the OF/plus Graff......For C I think you are too hard on Paul....Heres my take on C Alomar til the knees give out(fun bet with friends: who winds up on the 15 Day DL first: Alomar or Rondell White(sic)) Backup:Paul of Johnson...pick your poison.....Best Option for C:Pray for the Long-Term Health and Prospects of Olivio(we need to get this boy a nickname, who coined LTP? You have some work to do)

Vic coined LTP,and he was probably right when he said Evans would get here before Olivio does.

Chisox_cali
02-06-2002, 10:35 PM

M. Johnson - bench
Paul - Newark

I would prefer MJ to be the starter, Alomar will probably be hurt pretty soon into the season anyway.

RichH55
02-06-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by daver

Vic coined LTP,and he was probably right when he said Evans would get here before Olivio does.

He may be right about Evans getting here first, but im saying Evans-Olivio is akin to Rowand-LTP.....doesn't matter who gets here first...its who comes to stay

Daver
02-06-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

He may be right about Evans getting here first, but im saying Evans-Olivio is akin to Rowand-LTP.....doesn't matter who gets here first...its who comes to stay

I think you put to much faith in Olivio's corked bat.Evans is the better defensive player,and he calls a better game.

czalgosz
02-06-2002, 11:00 PM
Our AAA lineup is going to be pretty good -

1. CF - Harris
2. 2B - Hummel
3. RF - Borchard
4. DH - Valenzuela
5. 3B - Crede
6. LF - Rowand
7. 1B - Battersby
8. C - Olivo
9. SS - Dellaero

Go 2002 Charlotte Knights.

RichH55
02-06-2002, 11:04 PM
Our AAA lineup is going to be pretty good -

1. CF - Harris
2. 2B - Hummel
3. RF - Borchard
4. DH - Valenzuela
5. 3B - Crede
6. LF - Rowand
7. 1B - Battersby
8. C - Olivo
9. SS - Dellaero

Go 2002 Charlotte Knights.

Could be as many as 6 of those guys on the 2003 team....anyone able to tape Charlotte Games? I would like to get a sneak peak at what I'll be seeing in 2003

Meatpants
02-07-2002, 09:46 AM

Ordonez - starting RF
Lofton - starting CF
Lee - starting LF
Simmons - bench
Liefer - bench
Graffanino - bench
Rowand - AAA
Harris - AAA