PDA

View Full Version : Omogrosso

Chisoxfn
06-14-2006, 12:17 AM
I apologize in advance if I overstep my bounds here (someone just tell me and I won't do this again), but I'm going to be interviewing Omogrosso sometime tomorrow (for FutureSox) and I know Randy and a few others here heavily follow the minors and I was going to ask you guys if you had any specific questions you'd like answered by Brian.

For those that don't know, he was this years 6th round draft pick out of Indiana State.

KRS1
06-14-2006, 12:35 AM
1)
I know he threw mid 90s before his TJ surgery, but Baseball America has him as..

hit 96 mph early in the year.....92-93 with good life for much of the season before dropping to 88-91 at the end.
Maybe you could ask him what the deal was behind his velocity fluctuation this season, and if he felt he was possibly overused in his first season back from his injury which led to the late drop in MPH.

2)
Ask him how he attacks hitters, and how he goes about his business on the mound.

3)
Is he just a 4-seam pitcher with a slider, or does he use different fastballs?

Randar68
06-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Has he always thrown sidearm or was this a change he has made since he started college?

Does he envision starting or pitching out of the pen?

When's he going to sign? LOL

What does he throw and how would he rate his pitches from best-to-worst (or maybe "most confident in -to- least confident in")

Chisoxfn
06-14-2006, 11:28 AM
Well, took care of it today. I'm going to be out of town (going to see the Sox play the Reds) so it'll be up on Monday or Tuesday (depending on how much work I'll have to do at my real job).

I got most of your guys questions down though. I'll make sure to come by once we get things finalized with McCulloch, Long and a few others.

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Is he related to Omarosa from The Apprentice, lol?

KRS1
06-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Is he related to Omarosa from The Apprentice, lol?

Epepepepep.... Not funny.