PDA

View Full Version : Saw Jesus pitch tonight...

Tragg
06-13-2006, 10:24 PM
in his AAA rehab start; must admit, he looked pretty darn good. Struck out a ton of batters and allowed 1 ER.
Hope he's ready for the Tigers. (probably not, though).

DickAllen72
06-13-2006, 10:27 PM
How many innings/pitches did he throw?

Also, does he still have those freakishly massive calves or did they shrink closer to "normal" size somehow?

MUsoxfan
06-13-2006, 10:28 PM
I was at the Zephyrs game last night and saw John Patterson pitch a pretty good game. What was the crowd like tonight?

Tragg
06-13-2006, 10:54 PM
I think I heard that he pitched 6 innings or so...I only stayed for 5.

It was easily the biggest crowd I've seen this year...but I've only been on weeknights so far this year...watch the Wave on weekends.

Sorry, Dick, didn't check out his calves. LOL.

You live down here, MU?

DumpJerry
06-13-2006, 10:57 PM
He had something like 10 K's.

More importantly, who cares? We have a World Series championship team to monitor! Mark Prior's only chance of having an impact on that job is if he gets to start on June 30 or July 1 or 2.

Tragg
06-13-2006, 10:59 PM
He had something like 10 K's.

More importantly, who cares? We have a World Series championship team to monitor! Mark Prior's only chance of having an impact on that job is if he gets to start on June 30 or July 1 or 2.

Well we will play the Cubs, and the Cubs will play the central for the next few weeks (get in that cub-rootin mode), so I care; plus, some of us aren't fortunate enough to have MLB nearby and the usual fare of the Nationals farm system doesn't get the blood boiling.

LuvSox
06-13-2006, 11:27 PM
the usual fare of the Nationals farm system doesn't get the blood boiling.

I find that hard to believe.

Jjav829
06-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Well we will play the Cubs, and the Cubs will play the central for the next few weeks (get in that cub-rootin mode), so I care; plus, some of us aren't fortunate enough to have MLB nearby and the usual fare of the Nationals farm system doesn't get the blood boiling.

Don't feel you have to rationalize your decision to go watch any baseball game that doesn't involve the White Sox, much less one featuring a very talented young pitcher.

Chips
06-13-2006, 11:48 PM
It took me a few posts to realize that you were referring to Prior as Jesus. I never knew he that "nickname."

TornLabrum
06-13-2006, 11:50 PM
It took me a few posts to realize that you were referring to Prior as Jesus. I never knew he that "nickname."

He is generally known as Jesus or Messiah XXXVIII (latest in a series).

white sox bill
06-14-2006, 07:50 AM
He is generally known as Jesus or Messiah XXXVIII (latest in a series).

The Messiah yes have heard that one. But Jesus? So does that make Wood John hanging below him!?