PDA

View Full Version : Tigers leading 4-0 behind Rogers

caulfield12
06-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Tell me you didn´t see this result coming from a mile away?

Well, maybe they can give up the lead instead of staging a miraculous comeback like last night. They seem to be for real, and have an easy schedule again the next couple of weeks.

Make that 7-0 now....wow.

QCIASOXFAN
06-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Its ****ing 7-0 now!! Dammit!

TheOldRoman
06-13-2006, 08:51 PM
Tell me you didnīt see this result coming from a mile away?

Well, maybe they can give up the lead instead of staging a miraculous comeback like last night. They seem to be for real, and have an easy schedule again the next couple of weeks.
:rolleyes:
Yeah, they really showed us by dropping two of three to us and winning the one game they did by the grace of Garland.
We are a much better team, and we will finish ahead of Detriot. Until they take a series from us, I won't worry about them being for real. They have an easy schedule now, but they will have a harder schedule later. No worries.

Hitmen77
06-13-2006, 08:53 PM
You guys might as well forget about much in the way of Tiger loses against Tampa and the Flubs. Sox just have to keep pace until the Tigers face some real teams again.

Tigerslover
06-13-2006, 09:51 PM
I wish you guys would quit writing us off. So what if we're playing easy teams, still gotta win them. It's not like they're automatic. And so far we've done it more then you guys have hence our 1.5 (maybe more after tonight) lead.

munchman33
06-13-2006, 09:56 PM
I wish you guys would quit writing us off. So what if we're playing easy teams, still gotta win them. It's not like they're automatic. And so far we've done it more then you guys have hence our 1.5 (maybe more after tonight) lead.

I'd be interested in seeing the strength of schedule differential up to this point.

And it isn't that the Tiger's are beating up on bad teams. It's that they've played mostly bad teams, and are only able to beat bad teams. They struggle against any semblance of legitimate talent. And their second half schedule? Brutal.

Tigerslover
06-13-2006, 09:59 PM
While it may be true we've only really beaten bad teams, we've come awfully close to winning more against the better teams. We actually went 7-9 in that 16 game stretch we had recently. Couple of breaks here or there and maybe we win a few more.

ilsox7
06-13-2006, 10:02 PM
While it may be true we've only really beaten bad teams, we've come awfully close to winning more against the better teams. We actually went 7-9 in that 16 game stretch we had recently. Couple of breaks here or there and maybe we win a few more.

Most people around here are not writing off the Tigers. Also, almost does not count for much. The Sox won a World Championship by having teams almost beat them. But they didn't. The Tigers need two things to happen to have a chance in the division: 1) The pitchers need to continue pitching over their heads and 2) They need to actually win a series from the Sox.

Hitmen77
06-13-2006, 10:02 PM

I wasn't writing the Tigers off. I was just commenting that it's pointless for my fellow Sox fans to constantly gnash their teeth over the Tigers (or any team for that matter) beating the likes of the Drays and Cubs.

Like I said, the Sox just have to keep pace and don't worry about the scoreboard for the next two series and we'll take it from there. It'll be an interesting rest of the season.

QCIASOXFAN
06-13-2006, 10:04 PM
While it may be true we've only really beaten bad teams, we've come awfully close to winning more against the better teams. We actually went 7-9 in that 16 game stretch we had recently. Couple of breaks here or there and maybe we win a few more. Awfully close doesn't count as a W buddy.:smile:

Tigerslover
06-13-2006, 10:05 PM
I know but still, I think it says a lot about the team that we can at least hold our own with the big boys.

KRS1
06-13-2006, 10:07 PM
I know but still, I think it says a lot about the team that we can at least hold our own with the big boys.

With the exception of the Jays you havent.

Tiger23
06-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Awfully close doesn't count as a W buddy.:smile:

True. However, treading water at 7-9 against by far the toughest stretch of schedule throughout the entire year (not just to this point), and finding themselves with the same game and a half lead at the end of it they had at the beginning does count for something.

I know this forum is totally biased toward the Sox, but I think you guys can admit that you expected to have the division lead at the end of that stretch.

If the Tigers can win one more game in the next two days, they will be celebrating (ok, the fans will be celebrating) on the 16th of May a full month straight with the best record in baseball. Still early, but I think you guys could also admit that you didn't think this could happen.

Gonna be a great race, but I sure wish you guys could lose when we win a little more often :D: .

Huisj
06-13-2006, 10:50 PM
I'd be interested in seeing the strength of schedule differential up to this point.

And it isn't that the Tiger's are beating up on bad teams. It's that they've played mostly bad teams, and are only able to beat bad teams. They struggle against any semblance of legitimate talent. And their second half schedule? Brutal.

According to ESPN's RPI rankings, the Sox have had the easiest schedule of anyone in baseball .up to this point going by winning percentage of opponents. The Sox' strength of schedule percentage is .478, and Detroit's is .497.

So far the Sox have had:

9 with KC
7 with Minn
6 with LAA
5 with SEA
3 with TB
3 with CHC

That's 33 games with "bad" teams

Detroit has had:
9 with Minn
8 with KC (all wins)
5 with LAA
3 with SEA
2 with TB
2 with BAL

That's 30 games with "bad" teams

Not a big difference really I suppose.

chisoxfanatic
06-13-2006, 11:21 PM

The "big boys" are the White Sox, Red Sox, and Yankees. Aren't you guys like 3-13 against those three, or something close to that? THAT'S not holding your own with the "big boys."

Tigerslover
06-13-2006, 11:40 PM
If we had gotten blown out in those games then I'd agree, but we were competitive in a good number of those. Granted we still lost them, but still it's not like we were that overmatched.

Oblong
06-14-2006, 12:15 AM
If the Sox are so much better how come they trail the Tigers by 1 1/2 games with an easier schedule?

Last year doesn't matter anymore. Weren't these all the things being said about the Sox last year?

I'm also not totally unobjective. If I had to bet $100 on the Sox or the Tigers making the playoffs I'd go with the Sox. I see too many holes on offense (don't even look at Shelton's numbers in the last 56 gmes) and I see Justin Verlander putting them in a catch 22 by being so effective. He's going to pitch too many innings. But that also doesn't mean respect shouldn't be given when it's earned and so far the Tigers have earned it.

ilsox7
06-14-2006, 12:17 AM
If the Sox are so much better how come they trail the Tigers by 1 1/2 games with an easier schedule?

Many people (and not just here) firmly believe that the Tigers have played as well as they possibly can so far. Meanwhile, the Sox have actually struggled a bit, yet the Sox are 1 game back in the loss column and have dominated the Tigers head-to-head, with a ton of games remaining between the two clubs.

Again, no one here is trying to take credit away from the Tigers. But as you said yourself, it is more likely that the Sox win this division than the Tigers.

Tigerslover
06-14-2006, 03:09 AM
I'm also not totally unobjective. If I had to bet $100 on the Sox or the Tigers making the playoffs I'd go with the Sox. I see too many holes on offense

That much I'll agree with. Our hitters can be quite the free swingers at times. That and they try to do too much as well, (trying to hit a homer every time up). In time that will improve I'm sure. It helps that we have Granderson, who is one of the best and most patient hitters on the team right now. Doesn't hurt that he's awesome in center to go with his bat.

TDog
06-14-2006, 05:01 AM
The Tigers have the best record in baseball and only a 1.5 game lead. They lead the Sox by just 1 game in the loss column. Tigers fans talk like it's 1984, although there is too little humility in their tones to reflect experience with subsequent seasons that would go awry.

I'm a Sox fan. I wouldn't be talking trash if the Sox had a 1-game lead at the All-Star break. A lead of 1 game in the loss column in June is virtually even. There is plenty of season left for starting pitchers to break down and relievers to tire. Actually, the White Sox had a 1 game lead at the All-Star break in 1984. If the Tigers' lead was only 1 game at the break that year, they wouldn't have made it to the postseason either.

I'm not going to talk trash by suggesting winning must seem a novelty to the Tigers fans after the last roadtrip. I only want point out that I am a heck of a lot happier to see the Sox getting a big lead over the Indians than I am disappointed to be 1.5 behind behind the Tigers.

munchman33
06-14-2006, 07:26 AM
That much I'll agree with. Our hitters can be quite the free swingers at times. That and they try to do too much as well, (trying to hit a homer every time up). In time that will improve I'm sure. It helps that we have Granderson, who is one of the best and most patient hitters on the team right now. Doesn't hurt that he's awesome in center to go with his bat.

Guys don't spontaneously become more patient at the plate. Believe us, we had your all or nothing team here for years. Guys are that way because that's the kind of hitter they are. It doesn't change. And it absolutely kills when your entire offense is made up of those guys.

Granderson is the only position player you guys have that I'd take over our counterpart.

Oblong
06-14-2006, 07:27 AM
You can thank the Tigers for that big lead over the Indians since we've owned them this year.

Who is talking like it's 1984?

mccoydp
06-14-2006, 08:20 AM
Where did all of the Twins trolls go that used to hang out around here over the past few years?

I suspect the Tigers trolls will go to the same place soon. They seem to have come out of the woodwork.

tigersfan25
06-14-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't know many trolls who look for intelligent baseball conversation...

fquaye149
06-14-2006, 10:24 AM
I don't know many trolls who look for intelligent baseball conversation...

Look--and I don't mean to be a dick, but as soon as you take a series against a playoff-bound team I'll believe you're "for real".

Right now I believe you're a good team. Honestly, I'm not even convinced we're "for real" right now...but at least we've taken, what, 4 out of 6 from the team with the best record in baseball...

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Make that 5-1 against the Tigers

The big difference for the White Sox so far has been that 5-7 mark against the Indians, as well as some ugly losses to the Royals that have been counterbalanced by our clutch play against Detroit so far this year.

But we are going to be nowhere near our AL Central mark of winning 50 plus games this year. Anytime you face Minny and Santana-Liriano, there's going to be about an 85% chance of losing those games. And Cleveland MIGHT figure a way out of this funk as well.

Tiger23
06-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Look--and I don't mean to be a dick, but as soon as you take a series against a playoff-bound team I'll believe you're "for real".

I think we both know that it is a virtual certainty that the Tigers will win a series at some point during the season against a playoff bound team, if they haven't done it already against Toronto. Just remember it could happen after they lose 20 of 25 and fall out of the race completely. Therefore, not a good criteria to use in deciding of the Tigers are for real.

The Immigrant
06-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Make that 5-1 against the Tigers

The big difference for the White Sox so far has been that 5-7 mark against the Indians, as well as some ugly losses to the Royals that have been counterbalanced by our clutch play against Detroit so far this year.

But we are going to be nowhere near our AL Central mark of winning 50 plus games this year. Anytime you face Minny and Santana-Liriano, there's going to be about an 85% chance of losing those games. And Cleveland MIGHT figure a way out of this funk as well.

Another positive difference is our domination of the AL West this year. LAA, Oak, Sea and now Tex - this more than offsets the hiccups against the AL Central, which after all is the best division in baseball. We're fine.

Tiger23
06-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Many people (and not just here) firmly believe that the Tigers have played as well as they possibly can so far. Meanwhile, the Sox have actually struggled a bit, yet the Sox are 1 game back in the loss column and have dominated the Tigers head-to-head, with a ton of games remaining between the two clubs.

I beg to differ with the argument that the Tigers have played as well as possible so far. Certainly we can leave the pitching out of this argument, as I would never win if I said they could have been expected to be this good, or can be expected to stay this good. Of course I can't help but throw in that I expect Bonderman to get stronger as the season progresses as evidenced by his secondary numbers, and I think Rogers may avoid the second half dropoff thanks to a milder Michigan summer.

I challenge you to name a single person in the Tigers lineup that is currently playing above his head. Marcus Thames is an obvious choice, but he has only been a regular for 15 games. Curtis Granderson? Anyone who thinks he is overachieving, to put it simply, is wrong. He has put up identical numbers his entire career, and has gotten stronger as the season progressed and as the pitchers have adjusted to him.

The only guys I see in our lineup playing to their potential are I-Rod (I won't call him Pudge anymore so as to not upset you, and I think you're lying to yourself if you say you wouldn't trade A.J for him right now), Guillen, and Granderson. And none of those guys are even having career years (this could be Grandy's worst year in the majors, think about that).

Polanco's average looks good, but he has been playing with a bad back that has hurt him all year, and his SLG and OBP are absolutely disgusting. Fans have been begging for Infante to take his spot. Magglio has put up some numbers that look good, but he has not come up with the important hits that we expect him to, has slumped far too often, and has not showed any patience at the plate. You all saw what Shelton is capable of at the beginning of the season. No one expected him to come close to keeping that pace, but he can't even make contact now. His career numbers suggest he'll turn it around. Craig Monroe has been nowhere near what has come to be expected of him through his career. He always has a great second half however. Brandon Inge has been productive even though he has been flirting with the Mendoza line all year. Problem is he has already proven he can hit over .275 at this level. If he brings that average up, look out.

Remember that going into the season, it was the offense that was supposed to carry the team and the pitching that was the question mark. To date the offense has grossly underperformed. History suggests they are going to get better.

wdelaney72
06-14-2006, 11:48 AM
The Tigers are playing really good baseball. I'm not going to get into the "strength of schedule" nonsense. They're winning. So are the Sox. It's a long season, and strength of opponent will all balance out in the end. The better team will end up winning the division. Most of us here confidently feel that the Sox will end up with the better record. That's not discounting the Tigers, it's just factoring in experience and a WS Championship. I will continue to tip my cap in the direction of the Kittens, as they have played well to date... I will then look forward to winning another 5 of 6 from them. :D:

jdm2662
06-14-2006, 12:02 PM
The same things being said about the Tigers on this board are the same things said about the Sox last year. They are playing weak teams. Their pitching won't hold up. They can't keep winning with the type of offense they have. Sound fimilar? And how upset did us Sox fans get? Why is this any different than the Tigers? They are here to stay, like or not. I said last year they had some nice young talented arms. They were playing respectable ball up until August.

We should only be worrying about the Sox right now. The Sox hve taken care of business against the Tigers this year, and just need to continue to do so. That is the luxury of having the 19 games. You can take matters into your own hands, and not depend on other teams.

Mickster
06-14-2006, 12:04 PM

Why say 7-9 in the 16 game stretch and include the Indians who are 3 games under .500? You were 1-3 against the NYY, 1-2 against Boston, 1-2 against us and 2-1 against Toronto. You are 5-8 by my count.

You have since won 2 against Tampa. Want to include them in your "tough stretch" list of games as well to boost your numbers? :rolleyes:

Unregistered
06-14-2006, 12:28 PM
The same things being said about the Tigers on this board are the same things said about the Sox last year. They are playing weak teams. Their pitching won't hold up. They can't keep winning with the type of offense they have. Sound fimilar? And how upset did us Sox fans get? Why is this any different than the Tigers? They are here to stay, like or not. I said last year they had some nice young talented arms. They were playing respectable ball up until August.
If you honestly think the Tigers are the same (or even similar) team as the 05 White Sox, then you're just not paying attention.

Have they had a hot start? Sure. But until I'm proven otherwise, they remind me a lot more of the 05 Orioles than the Sox. A team that is winning, but you just know the wheels are going to fall off. Hell, most Tigers fans aren't even convinced they'll make the playoffs. Why should we be?

jdm2662
06-14-2006, 01:19 PM
If you honestly think the Tigers are the same (or even similar) team as the 05 White Sox, then you're just not paying attention.

Have they had a hot start? Sure. But until I'm proven otherwise, they remind me a lot more of the 05 Orioles than the Sox. A team that is winning, but you just know the wheels are going to fall off. Hell, most Tigers fans aren't even convinced they'll make the playoffs. Why should we be?

Well, the Tigers aren't the same as the 2005 Orioles. The Tigers have the #1 ERA in all of the AL. The Orioles didn't have even close the pitching the Tigers have. As long you have pitching, you will be in it for the long run.

I've also heard all the pitchers the Tigers have are going to falter either because they are having career years, or they are just bad in the second half. Well, didn't we hear that there is no way the likes of Garland, Cotts, Pollite, and Hermanson can keep it up? They've never done this good before, they have to fall back to Earth. Or, how about that the Sox don't score enough runs? We heard that one many times. Garland had never won more than 12 games in a season prior to last season. So, just because their young staff hasn't done this, does that mean they are going to fall back to Earth? They've also got plenty of pop in the line-up to score runs. The real answer is, we don't know what's really going to happen. The popular answer is to say they fall back to Earth because they haven't done it in the past.

If you want to think the Tigers aren't as good, that's fine. However, I'm hearing the same stuff about the Sox last year. That makes me think there are some, not all, that have the ignorance all the media members and everyone else said about the Sox last year. As I said earlier, the Tigers aren't an issue until the Sox play them. As long as the Sox take care of business against them, the Sox will win the division with no problem.

Tiger23
06-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Well, the Tigers aren't the same as the 2005 Orioles. The Tigers have the #1 ERA in all of the AL. The Orioles didn't have even close the pitching the Tigers have. As long you have pitching, you will be in it for the long run.

I've also heard all the pitchers the Tigers have are going to falter either because they are having career years, or they are just bad in the second half. Well, didn't we hear that there is no way the likes of Garland, Cotts, Pollite, and Hermanson can keep it up? They've never done this good before, they have to fall back to Earth. Or, how about that the Sox don't score enough runs? We heard that one many times. Garland had never won more than 12 games in a season prior to last season. So, just because their young staff hasn't done this, does that mean they are going to fall back to Earth? They've also got plenty of pop in the line-up to score runs. The real answer is, we don't know what's really going to happen. The popular answer is to say they fall back to Earth because they haven't done it in the past.

If you want to think the Tigers aren't as good, that's fine. However, I'm hearing the same stuff about the Sox last year. That makes me think there are some, not all, that have the ignorance all the media members and everyone else said about the Sox last year. As I said earlier, the Tigers aren't an issue until the Sox play them. As long as they take care of business against them, they will win the division with no problem.

Very nice post. I was a huge admirer of the 2005 Sox. I just love gritty teams that always seem to do whatever it takes to win. I can't even describe the frustration that playing you guys brought about for me last year. I felt that frustration in the first series this year, but not the second one. I knew we were very unlikely to take 2 of 3 IN Chicago, and am honestly confident that the rest of the series will go 7-6 in either direction.

MadetoOrta
06-14-2006, 01:35 PM
The Tigers are for real. Deal with it. They're a fine club with a manager with ties to the Sox. It would be great to have 2 Central Division teams in the playoffs. The Tribe? I'm about 2.5 weeks of mediocre play from putting a fork in them. The Tigers are playing like we did last year, they've got solid everyday players, good pitching and a solid bullpen. Right now, the Sox look like they're ready for one of those 14 out of 16 stretches. Give the Tigers they're due. Act like Sox fans not scrub fans.

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 01:55 PM
The Tigers have a few concerns the White Sox didnīt have last year...

Verlanderīs pitch count (avoiding Prior-Wood Effect)

Rogersītemper

Dmitri Young and the DH position in general...Thames has been good, but he is Marcus Thames

Chris Shelton is no Paul Konerko

They have already had to replace one of their starters in Maroth....that will hurt them over the course of the season, although Miner has done better than I would have thought and Colon has an electric arm

That comeback win against TB Monday night might have really turned them around, along with the rebound SAT and SUN after disaster FRI night

This team strikes out a ton...there are a lot of all or nothing types on this team, Shelton, Monroe, Inge...I-Rod, Guillen, Ordonez and Granderson are the glue and heart of that offense. As long as they all stay healthy, they will be in it until the very last game of the season.

They also have the spectre of Miller (the UNC draft pick) looming...although I am not sure they would rush him into a pennant race this season.

With Miller, Bonderman, Verlander, Zumaya, Colon, Rodney, Miner...they look to be around for a while in the pitching department. However, their middle relief and Walker are worse than what the White Sox have.

fquaye149
06-14-2006, 06:19 PM
I think we both know that it is a virtual certainty that the Tigers will win a series at some point during the season against a playoff bound team, if they haven't done it already against Toronto. Just remember it could happen after they lose 20 of 25 and fall out of the race completely. Therefore, not a good criteria to use in deciding of the Tigers are for real.

If you think the Blue Jays are a playoff bound team, it speaks volumes for your capacity for judging playoff-bound teams.

And although I would agree it's a virtual certainty that the Tigers will win a series vs. a playoff-caliber team (I would estimate that at: White Sox, Red Sox, Yankees, MAYBE A's)...I haven't seen it happen yet, and like I said, it's hard for me to take them seriously when they can't even take 2 out of 3 from a team that has playoff talent.

fquaye149
06-14-2006, 06:23 PM

If you want to think the Tigers aren't as good, that's fine. However, I'm hearing the same stuff about the Sox last year. That makes me think there are some, not all, that have the ignorance all the media members and everyone else said about the Sox last year. As I said earlier, the Tigers aren't an issue until the Sox play them. As long as the Sox take care of business against them, the Sox will win the division with no problem.

Here's the difference:

While the Tigers arms have always had talent, they have never put up the numbers they're putting up now. While Garland, McCarthy, Cotts, and Politte all had career years, they weren't, with the exception of McCarthy, vastly different from their career numbers, not to mention the fact that three out of those four I just mentioned were middle relievers and spot starters. Then when you throw in the fact that Rogers is a notoriously poor second half pitcher and that the Tigers schedule is hellish in the second half...and that Verlander is getting a hell of a work out and young flamethrowers tend to cool off in the second half...well...

um...

I just don't think it's all that much like the '05 White Sox, even though I agree it's also not that much like the '05 O's

dickallen15
06-14-2006, 06:27 PM
I heard something today that the Tigers have been in first place 28 days this season. That's longer than they have been in first place the past 12 years combined. After 2003, I thought it would take them another decade just to get decent.

caulfield12
06-14-2006, 07:26 PM
There's help for the Royals after all, lol.

I think Guillen, Ordonez and I-Rod are the main reasons this team has been so good, along with Granderson's emergence, Bonderman maturing, the emergence of Verlander. The addition of Rogers has really solidified a gap in that pitching staff....take Jason Johnson away from Detroit, take Millwood from CLE and look at the apparent difference, at least so far this season.

Robertson and Maroth were survivors of the pitching disasters of 2001-2003 that were the Tigers, they took their lumps just like Glavine, Avery and Smoltz did when the Braves were horrible in the late 90's.

There are a lot of holes....Ramon Santiago, Marcus Thames, Chris Shelton the way he's been going, Polanco has returned to earth after last season an Craig Monroe is nothing but an average MLB LFer that hits a few homers and strikes out a ton.

They're relying on two rookies in Miner and Verlander in that starting rotation. That's tough to do over the course of a full season as big league hitters and scouts are going to make their corrections that will then need to be adjusted to by the young pitchers.

TDog
06-14-2006, 07:37 PM
The same things being said about the Tigers on this board are the same things said about the Sox last year. ...

It's also the same thing people said about the Sox in 1990 and 1972 . It's also what people said about dozens of other teams that didn't make the postseason a lot more recently than 1972. The "they laughed at the Wright brothers" argument is flawed because they also laughed a Bozo.

Until last year, any longtime White Sox fan would not be making plans in June for October baseball if their team only led by a few games. I can see why Tigers fans are winning, but they got off to an incredible start and they still only have 1 fewer loss than the Sox.

I'm not going to go crazy about being in first place in June, July or August. I'm not going to worry about being in second either.

Tiger23
06-14-2006, 07:43 PM
If you think the Blue Jays are a playoff bound team, it speaks volumes for your capacity for judging playoff-bound teams.

And although I would agree it's a virtual certainty that the Tigers will win a series vs. a playoff-caliber team (I would estimate that at: White Sox, Red Sox, Yankees, MAYBE A's)...I haven't seen it happen yet, and like I said, it's hard for me to take them seriously when they can't even take 2 out of 3 from a team that has playoff talent.

Of course I'm not claiming that the Blue Jays are a sure fire playoff team. However, they are only 2 games behind the divison leading Red Sox and Yankees, and five games back of the Wild Card leading White Sox. They can also look forward to the possible return of Burnett, and they proved this offseason that they go after the people that they think will help them win. They are certainly contenders.

By the way, we took 2 of 3 from Oakland in Oakland, and 3 of 4 from Texas in Texas. While they're in the weakest division, one of those teams will be in the playoffs.

Like I said, poor criteria to judge on.

Oblong
06-14-2006, 09:26 PM
Someone mentioned that Tiger fans shouldn't count the INdians as a positive in terms of the record against them because they have a losing record. One of the reasons they have a losing record is because the Tigers have owned them this year. Against non Detroit teams the Indians have a wnning record.

The Sox are the champs and until they get dethroned they get the upper hand. I accept that. I am just glad the Central is doing so good. I'm tired of the East getting all the attention.

tigersfan25
06-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Rogersītemper
Detroit either has better behaved cameramen, or this isn't an issue. I'm going to say the latter.

I'd be more worried about him slowing down in the second half then his temper (or lack thereof).

FloridaTigers
06-17-2006, 01:10 PM
And that second half collapse may have been due to the extremely hot Texan weather. I think he'll do decent in the second half.

soxwon
06-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Some help the cubs are, they SUCK bigtime.
Maybe Prior (lol) will win tommorow.

caulfield12
06-17-2006, 06:45 PM
When the Tigers have two rookies with ERA's close to three or lower (Miner and Verlander, not to mention Zumaya), you know things are going well.

With our rookie pitchers, we're traditionally happy if they are below 5.

Fuller_Schettman
06-18-2006, 01:47 AM
As for the strength of schedule, the Sox have a HUGE disadvantage over the rest of the AL in that we cannot play the White Sox! :cool:

Did you know...the Detroit Tigers are 42-16 (.724) against teams not called the White Sox or Yankees?

The funny thing is that we will complete this 15-game winning streak against the National League and we will still be 1/2 game back...