PDA

View Full Version : Blue or Green?

Chisox_cali
02-06-2002, 09:51 PM
I was taking a look at the renovation sketches, uncase your living under a rock (http://www.hksinc.com/portfolio/projects/comiskey1.htm) you've seen them. Now in the pics of the interior of the park. It's very green especially with the batter's eye, but also the outfield walls are green too. Someone on this board brought that up a while back. So do you think with the batter's eye and outfield walls apparently going green will the blue seats finally get the green thumb come the All-Star game in '03?(When the renovations should be done if you didnt know also)

doublem23
02-06-2002, 09:56 PM
You know, you'd really think they'd figure out that the 3rd thumbnail hasn't worked since they created this little page...

Chisox_cali
02-06-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
You know, you'd really think they'd figure out that the 3rd thumbnail hasn't worked since they created this little page...

ya'd think that wouldnt you. Luckily JM figured it out, I dont remember how, but all I know is it looks like this:
http://www.hksinc.com/portfolio/images/comiskey3.jpg

doublem23
02-06-2002, 10:05 PM
ahh cool....

Anyways, to throw in my two cents, who knows what the Sox are thinking? I'd like to think they will change to green, but I have no idea what goes on inside the closed doors....

:KW

Cookie and Nap time!

:reinsy
Shuuuuuuuuuuttttttt uuuuuuuuppppppp.....

Chisox_cali
02-06-2002, 10:17 PM

Cookie and Nap time!

Is that "shut up" in the tone that Karl had towards Lenny when he kept on revealing Stonecutter info to Homer?

doublem23
02-06-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Is that "shut up" in the tone that Karl had towards Lenny when he kept on revealing Stonecutter info to Homer?

Yeah, that's what I was going for... :smile:

Is there a color to denote that? :D:

KempersRS
02-06-2002, 10:27 PM

Yeah, that's what I was going for... :smile:

Is there a color to denote that? :D:

Shuuuuuuuuuttt uuuuuuuuuuppp

doublem23
02-06-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
Shuuuuuuuuuttt uuuuuuuuuuppp

LOL!

duke of dorwood
02-06-2002, 10:52 PM
Anyone remember the red seats?

Daver
02-06-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

Only in pictures Duke.

PaleHoseGeorge
02-06-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood

My Old Comiskey seat is missing a chunk of paint. I can see at least four different colors under the kelly green, and one of them is red.

I think the Allyns had powder blue seats for the boxes, and red everywhere else, through the 60's and early 70's. I think the unbolted, free-standing box seats of Old Comiskey (when it first opened) were deep red, too.

RichH55
02-06-2002, 11:03 PM
Got to go with the green...was up in milwaukee for a game last year and that color really adds something IMHO

duke of dorwood
02-06-2002, 11:07 PM
My rememberances of red were reserved seats behind the boxes that ran from right field line to the left field line. Right now, gotta have that green.

czalgosz
02-06-2002, 11:17 PM
Well, if the outfield walls are green, the seats would almost have to be green. And isn't the batter's eye going to be green even for 2002? From an aesthetic standpoint, having a green batter's eye and blue seats would look pretty horrible.

What looks more interesting is putting in an upper deck in the outfield. That more than anything is what I miss about the Old Comiskey.

mike squires
02-06-2002, 11:42 PM
the pics of the park look beautiful! however, you mean they are going to add 3,000 seats?! don't they have a hard time drawing the way it is? i can see it doing well for a few years but after the all star game look out! i can see the sox losing alot of money off of this thing.

Daver
02-06-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by michael penny
the pics of the park look beautiful! however, you mean they are going to add 3,000 seats?! don't they have a hard time drawing the way it is? i can see it doing well for a few years but after the all star game look out! i can see the sox losing alot of money off of this thing.

They have nothing to lose,their lease with the State of Illinois is ironclad,if they sell less then the required number of seats,they pay no rent.And they just got 22 mil from the Soldier field financing deal.How can they lose?

Chisox_cali
02-06-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by michael penny

They are lopping off the last 8-10 rows of the upper deck so that will take away from the capacity and the addition of the Home run porch I guess it evens out the capacity. What is the actual capacity of the park now compaired to what is says on the other site?

nut_stock
02-06-2002, 11:58 PM
Im pretty i've read that the current capacity is 47,000 compared to the 44,000 it opened with.

moochpuppy
02-07-2002, 12:01 AM
Not this again. :gulp:

CubKilla
02-07-2002, 12:23 AM
This is the first time I've seen these pics and I LOVE these proposed renovations. As for the Sox eventually losing money, I agree with Daver. What do the Sox have to lose? No one shows up, the Sox don't pay..... WE DO! Only problem with these renovations is that there is alot going on and I do not think the 2002-2003 offseason is going to be enough to complete lopping off 10 rows of the upper deck, building a homerun porch in right, and redoing the 35th St NW side entrance. This begs the question, where are the White Sox going to play? Anyone in construction out there know how long something of this magnitude is going to take? Also notice in the drawing the ped ramps outside the park are nowhere to be seen? Could it be Jerry is finally going to do something good for the White Sox and their fans????? Oh yeah..... let's go with green seats.

Daver
02-07-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
This is the first time I've seen these pics and I LOVE these proposed renovations. As for the Sox eventually losing money, I agree with Daver. What do the Sox have to lose? No one shows up, the Sox don't pay..... WE DO! Only problem with these renovations is that there is alot going on and I do not think the 2002-2003 offseason is going to be enough to complete lopping off 10 rows of the upper deck, building a homerun porch in right, and redoing the 35th St NW side entrance. This begs the question, where are the White Sox going to play? Anyone in construction out there know how long something of this magnitude is going to take? Also notice in the drawing the ped ramps outside the park are nowhere to be seen? Could it be Jerry is finally going to do something good for the White Sox and their fans????? Oh yeah..... let's go with green seats.

From a construction point of mind it could be done easily.I have seen the prints,the scope of work,and the time frame,no problem.There are no real structural changes being made,they are all cosmetic,it could easily be done in one offseason.I helped build the place,I know how fast it went up.

Chisox_cali
02-07-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by daver

From a construction point of mind it could be done easily.I have seen the prints,the scope of work,and the time frame,no problem.There are no real structural changes being made,they are all cosmetic,it could easily be done in one offseason.I helped build the place,I know how fast it went up.

Since you seem to be "in the know" daver, which part of the renovation is going to take the longest? My guess would either be that Left Field Restaurant/Enterance or the Home Run Porch. Of couse I know nothing about construction so I could be wrong.

Daver
02-07-2002, 12:54 AM

Since you seem to be "in the know" daver, which part of the renovation is going to take the longest? My guess would either be that Left Field Restaurant/Enterance or the Home Run Porch. Of couse I know nothing about construction so I could be wrong.

The Homerun porch is almost done.The left feild restaurant would take five months,from demo to operational.the biggest challenge would be the upper deck,taking ten rows off that thing will pose a small challenge,it could be done in four months though.It won't be as easy as changing the floor drain covers on the mezzanine level.:redneck

Chisox_cali
02-07-2002, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by daver

The Homerun porch is almost done.The left feild restaurant would take five months,from demo to operational.the biggest challenge would be the upper deck,taking ten rows off that thing will pose a small challenge,it could be done in four months though.It won't be as easy as changing the floor drain covers on the mezzanine level.:redneck

Wait they're building the home run porch this year?! I thought that was after this season. Are we talking about the same thing? By homerun porch i mean the extra upper deck in right field, ala the Ballpark in Arlington. Just Making Sure.

CubKilla
02-07-2002, 01:03 AM
That's on the agenda for the 2002-2003 offseason..... I think.

MisterB
02-07-2002, 01:15 AM
I say upper decks in left AND right (RF only looks a little TOO much like Arlington), lop off half the current upper deck, and go with the kelly green seats. Then you're left with something that halfway approximates old Comiskey. The fact is, when you're in your seats watching the game, the only thing that evokes any connection to old Comiskey is the pinwheels on the scoreboard.

Jerry_Manuel
02-07-2002, 06:01 PM
ya'd think that wouldnt you. Luckily JM figured it out, I dont remember how,

Comiskey should be in lower case, on the site, they have it in upper case.

doublem23
02-07-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Comiskey should be in lower case, on the site, they have it in upper case.

Still, most of us would have never figured that out :smile:

Daver
02-07-2002, 06:37 PM

Wait they're building the home run porch this year?! I thought that was after this season. Are we talking about the same thing? By homerun porch i mean the extra upper deck in right field, ala the Ballpark in Arlington. Just Making Sure.

I was refering to the batters eye backdrop,you are correct on the homerun porch.Sorry.

RedPinStripes
02-07-2002, 06:47 PM
ahh cool....

Anyways, to throw in my two cents, who knows what the Sox are thinking? I'd like to think they will change to green, but I have no idea what goes on inside the closed doors....

Cookie and Nap time!

*****!

Nellie_Fox
02-07-2002, 06:59 PM
If they're going to take rows off the upper deck, I hope they have the sense to leave a walkway at the very top. One of the reasons vendors won't come all the way up is because then they have to walk back down the same staircase they just came up. If they could walk across behind the seats and go down the next stairs, they'd be available to new customers. Does this make sense?

FarWestChicago
02-07-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
If they're going to take rows off the upper deck, I hope they have the sense to leave a walkway at the very top. One of the reasons vendors won't come all the way up is because then they have to walk back down the same staircase they just came up. If they could walk across behind the seats and go down the next stairs, they'd be available to new customers. Does this make sense? Yes. That's good beer distribution thinking there, Nellie. :smile:

RedPinStripes
02-07-2002, 07:14 PM
I need to walk around when i 'm there. I'd rather stand in the lower deck then sit in hte first row of the upper deck. I would sit in the RF upper deck to bring back some memories though. Can't wait for that!

PaleHoseGeorge
02-07-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Yes. That's good beer distribution thinking there, Nellie. :smile:

I nominate Nellie for the job of Sox Fan Consultant to whichever architect gets the Comiskey renovation job.

"If only I had one 15 years ago..."

FarWestChicago
02-07-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

I nominate Nellie for the job of Sox Fan Consultant to whichever architect gets the Comiskey renovation job.I'm with you. Nellie's got my vote.